Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mirco (resized).png
7B7B4310-EE42-40C8-A5B0-EFB7A7FE6956 (resized).jpeg
Popcorn 2.gif
SmartSelect_20220316-204830_Firefox.jpg
2022-03-14 11.57.14 web1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Bservice776:

Where do we install the small DMD Power Feed board? The instructions online don't seem to mention it and our kit doesn't have printed instructions.

You don’t need it.

7B7B4310-EE42-40C8-A5B0-EFB7A7FE6956 (resized).jpeg7B7B4310-EE42-40C8-A5B0-EFB7A7FE6956 (resized).jpeg
#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Mogg:

You don’t need it.
[quoted image]

Are you sure? The DMD wasn't turning on when turning on the game. Does it just take awhile?

#53 1 year ago

Are you sure? The DMD wasn't turning on when turning on the game. Does it just take awhile?</blockquote

I’m sure.
Hold tight I’ll be home in a couple hours and can give you a hand if you still need help

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Bservice776:

Are you sure? The DMD wasn't turning on when turning on the game. Does it just take awhile?

Idk why that response posted bad. I’ll be home in a coupLE hours and I can help. I can’t remember all the connections. But that piece is not used in my system

#55 1 year ago

The small board can be put anywhere as long as the cables are long enough. It generates its own Power supply for the dmd. We had Sometimes problems with the voltage on old driver boards. Machines were rebooting with the kit installed. This board fixes that issue...

Regards,
Mirco

1 month later
#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Hi, yes I know we need Videos. Wanted to post several some time ago but I did not have time to take them so far. I will be in the US this week, once I return I hope to have time to take some videos.
The HD display is not ready and will not be available in near future. But the will be an upgrade option for the regular versions available once it is ready.
Regards, Mirco

any news regarding the videos ? It's been some time since last time. I've checked on Youtube for instance and found nothing. I think people (and I) needs to see features and gameplay before purshase, tks !

#57 1 year ago

Hi,

Yes you are absolutely correct. I was very busy the last time with our new building but as it is now almost finished I will hopefully find some time soon to take the videos. Sorry again for the delay!

Regards,
Mirco

3 weeks later
#58 1 year ago

Any updates??

#59 1 year ago

Looks like something is in the works

#60 1 year ago

So for everyone waiting for this product, notice the lack of gameplay videos, which potential customers have repeatedly asked for. Gameplay videos would help tremendously in attracting buyers and generating interest. Yet almost 3 months later, crickets... This is what you're getting with mirco. It's a simple ask....

And I'm actually interested in seeing what this 2.0 kit can do... I hope more 2.0's are developed in the future for more games.

The customer service/communication is legendary. And you're seeing that it's a pattern that should turn you off from buying anything from him, unless you have no other options.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Sean_bc:

So for everyone waiting for this product, notice the lack of gameplay videos, which potential customers have repeatedly asked for. Gameplay videos would help tremendously in attracting buyers and generating interest. Yet almost 3 months later, crickets... This is what you're getting with mirco. It's a simple ask....
And I'm actually interested in seeing what this 2.0 kit can do... I hope more 2.0's are developed in the future for more games.
The customer service/communication is legendary. And you're seeing that it's a pattern that should turn you off from buying anything from him, unless you have no other options.

I coulnd’t be more agree... it’s really strange that such simple things such as videos couldn’t be done. Just look at the other projects such as Funhouse, there are at least 10 videos of Pedretti and more with gameplay. It’s not like we were waiting for a new pin to be released...come on.

#62 1 year ago

what's crazy is a lot of projects in pinball don't go to the end because of difficulties, time needed and so on... but this one is done (finished??) and for whatever reasons, it seems like Mirco don't want it to push it for any new customers. Just look at the TOTAN 2.0 on Mirco's site, there is no information, nor pic, nothing on what's in there, the software... I mean... come on. At this price, could we even got some tiny infos on the kit ?

That's really unfortunate because I think a lot of effort and work has been done and some passion given. I would put give some money and take the risk to buy Mirco but we need more infos. That's TOTAN 2.0 was not started with Mirco... so what happened ??... give use infos.... please. My TOTAN beg for a new software.
mirco (resized).pngmirco (resized).png

1 month later
#63 1 year ago

any news from this kit on what's in there ?
almost one year has passed since last TPF and I don't I have any infos nor answers. It's beyond my understanding why it's so hard to get any infos on this... for potential new customers like me.
Is the HD version still something you're working on and that's why you don't communicate? (next TPF maybe ??)

I mean, for that much money, we deserve a bit of infos, right? it's not like there is nothing on the website. It's the first time I see that.
please bring some infos

3 weeks later
#64 1 year ago

No answer for ...3 months for... really basic questions. Not sure what’s going on. I wish Buthamburg (or Pedretti) could take over this, I’m sure it would be managed in a much better professional approach.
Now we know that not only the playfield activity is an issue, it’s everything from this company.
Too bad, it was promising.

#65 1 year ago

Your mileage may vary, but I've yet to play a 2.0 kit I've enjoyed more than the base game. They all seem to sacrifice the game's soul at the expense of more code depth and/or "better" sound & graphics. Maybe best to just let this die on the vine and enjoy TOTAN for its limited but still impressive charms, which made all of us fall in love with it at some point of our journey in the hobby.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Your mileage may vary, but I've yet to play a 2.0 kit I've enjoyed more than the base game. They all seem to sacrifice the game's soul at the expense of more code depth and/or "better" sound & graphics. Maybe best to just let this die on the vine and enjoy TOTAN for its limited but still impressive charms, which made all of us fall in love with it at some point of our journey in the hobby.

the thing is, if it was not Mirco, I don't think the story would have been the same. I still think, along with all my Totan's friend owners and people I've discussed with, that this game is way too easy and the rules much too shallow (make a wish... tales....) and it really needed code changes knowing also that original rules was there too. Also the auto luncher was a really nice addition, probably removed for cost saving by WMS. At the end, the choice to upgrade would have been better to no choice at all and ... I think a code upgrade like this require a ton of work... all of that going to trash because it's Mirco.
Again, I still hope another big player to take over, if it's possible... We'll see I guess.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

the thing is, if it was not Mirco, I don't think the story would have been the same....

Problem is Mirco only sells it, he isn't the one programming it so there's a weird disconnect going on; but maybe no one other than Mirco WOULD sell it so there's that.

Quoted from yancy:

Your mileage may vary, but I've yet to play a 2.0 kit I've enjoyed more than the base game.

I'll give them credit, this probably does the closest job to actually making more of the OG game. It basically adds a second level to each tale plus other stuff. But certaintly not all that stuff "works."
But better than Funhouse 2.0 where I don;t even understand what the point is.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yes I agree. This concept sucks, all around.

#69 1 year ago

I think there are games/layouts that could be better with 2.0 kits, but people keep rewriting rules to the already pretty decent games.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes I agree. This concept sucks, all around.

I'm not sure he said the concept sucks and this doesn't bring much to the discussion: I do not like Mirco and his products as well but can keep a distant view of this. With that saying and with this spirit, you may cancel a lot of pinball projects including mods (what's the point after all ?). Software is by far, the hardest part and there are not a lot of offers in the market so I don't see any issue if we have a choice with a kit or keep the current soft.. The purpose of this may be to add a new interest to the current owners maybe more than the future Totan buyers.
Regarding the graphics, the current kit animations for sale (from my understanding but I may be wrong) are the same one but include new modes so maybe the first reference was more on the HD WIP project with completly different animations but this one is not the kit.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think there are games/layouts that could be better with 2.0 kits, but people keep rewriting rules to the already pretty decent games.

I'm sure someone is working all day on Eight Ball Double Deluxe; for some unknown reason.

Quoted from Warzard:

Software is by far, the hardest part and there are not a lot of offers in the market so I don't see any issue if we have a choice with a kit or keep the current soft..

Well if there's no issue then what are you pissing & moaning aboot?

Let me tell you what the issue is; Mirco has monetized someone's lazy day home project.
Guy is super nice, but he's slowly working on this project that is farrrrr from done; which would be totally great if you didn't pay 2,500 euros/dollars for it! Now you have a completely uncompleted (ha is that a term?) mash up of shit going on in the game which no one is working hard to fix, and has apparently 1 beta tester in the world; the VFW.

Funhouse 2.0 has literally no fucking purpose to other making videos of multiple creepy Rudys look like they are jerking off...but it LOOKS professional as shit.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm sure someone is working all day on Eight Ball Double Deluxe; for some unknown reason.

Well if there's no issue then what are you pissing & moaning aboot?
Let me tell you what the issue is; Mirco has monetized someone's lazy day home project.
Guy is super nice, but he's slowly working on this project that is farrrrr from done; which would be totally great if you didn't pay 2,500 euros/dollars for it! Now you have a completely uncompleted (ha is that a term?) mash up of shit going on in the game which no one is working hard to fix, and has apparently 1 beta tester in the world; the VFW.
Funhouse 2.0 has literally no fucking purpose to other making videos of multiple creepy Rudys look like they are jerking off...but it LOOKS professional as shit.

Maybe something is no more working with the developer and Mirco because I think there was regular updates in the past, it’s radio silence for quiet a while now.

#73 1 year ago

They should rename it from “the forgotten tales” to “the forgotten mod”

3 months later
#74 11 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

They should rename it from “the forgotten tales” to “the forgotten mod”

Im really starting to be disinterested in pinball fast.

Does Mirco and the developer think its ok to release a product and then stop supporting it?

#75 11 months ago
Quoted from Tris:

Im really starting to be disinterested in pinball fast.

Just stick with real games from proven manufacturers.

4 months later
#76 6 months ago

So whatever happened to this? It just died and that was it?

What happened to the code-bro who was writing this thing? He just quit?

#77 6 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

So whatever happened to this? It just died and that was it?
What happened to the code-bro who was writing this thing? He just quit?

You may ask Mirco. He never gave me a dime for my 5 years project and walk away without any thoughts regarding me and his customers.
I’ve been told that he is still selling the kit at his booth at pinball events… and beside me explicitly asking to stop selling his kit, it is still available on his website which I now think is beyond the lack of any respect.

I would be happy to help if I can but… i don’t have the kit at home and most of all, I don’t have the environment of the code which is built under a specific linux and image. Mirco is using a really old code from me.
Sincerely, this situation made me wonder to quit this hobby for good which I didn’t do… finally.

I know pinball is hard and some people are not honest, but, this is far beyond that.
If someone come to me with a solution for the code delivery, I would ok to share update to support my project thought.

My other Totan HD project, which has not been released because of that (and may never will) is not using the same code nor the same ptf.

This hobby is already hard enough… and a lot of projects don’t go to the end…mostover the one with software, but it was not the case of the Totan 2.0 which is now finished and is a fantastic project nevertheless.

#78 6 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

You may ask Mirco. He never gave me a dime for my 5 years project and walk away without any thoughts regarding me and his customers.
I’ve been told that he is still selling the kit at his booth at pinball events… and beside me explicitly asking to stop selling his kit, it is still available on his website which I now think is beyond the lack of any respect.
I would be happy to help if I can but… i don’t have the kit at home and most of all, I don’t have the environment of the code which is built under a specific linux and image. Mirco is using a really old code from me.
Sincerely, this situation made me wonder to quit this hobby for good which I didn’t do… finally.
I know pinball is hard and some people are not honest, but, this is far beyond that.
If someone come to me with a solution for the code delivery, I would ok to share update to support my project thought.
My other Totan HD project, which has not been released because of that (and may never will) is not using the same code nor the same ptf.
This hobby is already already hard enough… and a lot of projects don’t go to the end…but it was not the case of the Totan 2.0 which is now finished and is a fantastic project nevertheless.

Hey, thank you for responding.... I had no idea - sorry for your experience.
So I'm not sure I totally understand: The kit being sold by Mirco is your old code, but not your final code (which was finished?)
On the website, it shows updates until version 0.56 and then nothing. Is that when you parted company, or there was never a partnership to begin with and he was just taking posted updates?
It's a little confusing.

Your TOTAN HD..... what is it?

Wish the best for you, that would be beyond frustrating..... and at the same time, it's really neat that you were able to program all that. Very impressive.

#79 6 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Hey, thank you for responding.... I had no idea - sorry for your experience.
So I'm not sure I totally understand: The kit being sold by Mirco is your old code, but not your final code (which was finished?)
On the website, it shows updates until version 0.56 and then nothing. Is that when you parted company, or there was never a partnership to begin with and he was just taking posted updates?
It's a little confusing.
Your TOTAN HD..... what is it?
Wish the best for you, that would be beyond frustrating..... and at the same time, it's really neat that you were able to program all that. Very impressive.

thanks for your message.
The version package is whatever it was used for my updates but it's not from me.
I never part, there are never been any contract with me and this is really Mirco who walked away... i know it sounds crazy : I'm still here at least to give you an answer, it's better than nothing.
I also... never gave my consent for any commercial use, ever. They built a prototype called "beta" and they start selling it and then.... nothing. Never heard from Mirco since. It's not serious business and it feel like robbery a bit... yes ...I feel it that way.

Here is a link to my HD project for info:

#80 6 months ago

How did he get your coding in the first place?

#81 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

How did he get your coding in the first place?

Of course the intend was to build a kit as there was demand and I would have been happy to share my code as the demand was there and people contacted me for that from my original threat. It started because I’ve been reached on that direction and a prototype was built. Then Mirco built a kit and never reached me back even for issues raised. Sounds like crazy, maybe he had whatever personal problem I don’t know. I just answered Pinstalker question to highlight a bit what was hidden.

#82 6 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Of course the intend was to build a kit as there was demand and I woukld have been happy to share my code as the demand was there and people contacted me for that direction from my original threat. It started because I’ve been reached on that direction and a prototype was built. Then Mirco built a kit and never reached me back even for code updates. Sounds like crazy, maybe he had whatever personal problem I don’t know. I just answered Pinstalker question to highlight a bit what was hidden.

Sorry to hear this. Isn’t there anything legally you can do ?

#83 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Sorry to hear this. Isn’t there anything legally you can do ?

I’ve contacted a lawyer. However I think I already spent significant amount of money on various things such as license, boards and else… and it is not great memory for me so I want to move on and it’s always hard start a fight with a recursing bad feeling and bad vibes... and I’m not talking about the stress…

I hope if newbies like i used to be want to create partnership with new projects read those lines, they will be more carefull than I was… At least this would be useful.

#84 6 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

it is not great memory for me so I want to move on

Good instinct. Also it sounds like there will be very little if any profit to chase. Would be more of a pride lawsuit. Pride can get expensive.

#85 6 months ago

So what's next for you?

TOTAN looks to be finished (and that HD version looks amazing)...... you have real talent.

#86 6 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

So what's next for you?
TOTAN looks to be finished (and that HD version looks amazing)...... you have real talent.

Thanks, my new project is the Capcom Kinpin software.

I’ve created a threat to share about my progress:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-capcom-kingpin-finished-software-project-complete-rewrite

#87 6 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

thanks for your message.
The version package is whatever it was used for my updates but it's not from me.
I never part, there are never been any contract with me and this is really Mirco who walked away... i know it sounds crazy : I'm still here at least to give you an answer, it's better than nothing.
I also... never gave my consent for any commercial use, ever. They built a prototype called "beta" and they start selling it and then.... nothing. Never heard from Mirco since. It's not serious business and it feel like robbery a bit... yes ...I feel it that way.
Here is a link to my HD project for info:

You should have had a piece of paper called a contract, It does wonders. If you don't have a contract with Micro concerning the payouts and ownership congrats you just backed yourself into a corner.

#88 6 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

This hobby is already hard enough… and a lot of projects don’t go to the end…mostover the one with software, but it was not the case of the Totan 2.0 which is now finished and is a fantastic project nevertheless.

What a crook. Shameful of him and JJP continuing to support this guy.

#89 6 months ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

You should have had a piece of paper called a contract, It does wonders. If you don't have a contract with Micro concerning the payouts and ownership congrats you just backed yourself into a corner.

Yes, exactly

Quoted from RyanStl:

What a crook. Shameful of him and JJP continuing to support this guy.

He has been clever enough to be one of the first JJP investors from what I’ve read. I have no idea what’s their current relationships but maybe JJP don’t have other choices to deal with him.

4 weeks later
#90 5 months ago

Ufortunately Mirco is a textbook narcissict. People like that tend to NOT have empathy - even in the slightest - for people they have wronged, offended, or taken advantage of. I have had a personal interaction with Mirco in the past, and he all but blamed me for a playfield I purchased from him that had extreme waves in the clearcoat. Seems clear Mirco is NOT and upstanding individual contributing positively to pinball. He is merely a cog in a larger system. It's amazing - as RyanStl mentioned that companies continue to work with a person like this and turn a blind eye to his un-ethical practices. So sorry to hear what happened here with your code @noitbe1.

#91 5 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Ufortunately Mirco is a textbook narcissict. People like that tend to NOT have empathy - even in the slightest - for people they have wronged, offended, or taken advantage of. I have had a personal interaction with Mirco in the past, and he all but blamed me for a playfield I purchased from him that had extreme waves in the clearcoat. Seems clear Mirco is NOT and upstanding individual contributing positively to pinball. He is merely a cog in a larger system. It's amazing - as RyanStl mentioned that companies continue to work with a person like this and turn a blind eye to his un-ethical practices. So sorry to hear what happened here with your code noitbe1.

I feel sorry for your bad experience as well and I do share your analysis 100%. The bright side for me is I know I will never buy one of his product (easy ) and I will not deal with him ever again.
I don’t know if all his products are bad, probably not. It’s just the way he deal with problems, customers and partners which is crazy. I worked in the automotive business for couple of years in Detroit area and I have dealt with a lot of suppliers: this kind of company with this behavior/customer service sould be chapter 7 for a long time by now if this was another industry.
It’s only that there are not enough playfield suppliers, i hope this will change in the future.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-20-game-kit-the-forgotten-tales-release-at-tpf/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.