(Topic ID: 69687)

TOTALLY THEORETICAL: TSPP Anniversary Edition ;)

By Rarehero

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

furby-simpson.jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a great audio package BUT the quality is very low and downsampled due to the Whitestar platform.

It does disguise the lower quality a lot better than Lord of the Rings though. Maybe LOTR was more compressed for some reason? TSPP has a ton of speech, so seems hard to imagine they would need to, I dunno.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The theme is represented PERFECTLY! The upper playfield is the living room with the TV & couch....you enter thru the garage like in the opening sequence. With the various shots you've got the Kwik-E-Mart represented, the school/bus, Krusty/Sideshow Bob, the bullies, Comic Book Guy, Bart, Cletus, Itchy & Scratchy...the bumpers are the power plant. It's amazing how much they stuffed into that little wooden box.

Sure, the elements are all there. Still, to me, it feels like it didn't capture the feel of the series. To me it felt like a huge missed opportunity. There are so much funny returning elements in the show that could have been used instead of what ended up in the game. But that's just my experience, feel free to disagree with me.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Sure, the elements are all there. Still, to me, it feels like it didn't capture the feel of the series. To me it felt like a huge missed opportunity. There are so much funny returning elements in the show that could have been used instead of what ended up in the game. But that's just my experience, feel free to disagree with me.

The simpsons world is to lager to compress into one pin. They will never be able to squeeze in everything to keep everyone happy. There's just to much content.

I do like the treehouse of horrors idea, we could use another simpsons game.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Maybe you only played the Data East one. That's only based on the first season. TSPP has so much stuffed into it...not just Simspsons stuff but pinball stuff! Not many games are that robust.

#55 10 years ago

Love my TSPP, but sometimes it seems overwhelming. there is a lot going on and sometimes i forget that i have 3 modes going at once and it seems that i miss out on getting them completed because i can't really remember that they are on. maybe i need to switch out the lights for leds and somehow color match them to the modes.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Love my TSPP, but sometimes it seems overwhelming. there is a lot going on and sometimes i forget that i have 3 modes going at once and it seems that i miss out on getting them completed because i can't really remember that they are on. maybe i need to switch out the lights for leds and somehow color match them to the modes.

Look at the mode board - if a mode is running, the light will be doing a slow fade.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look at the mode board - if a mode is running, the light will be doing a slow fade.

damn, i guess i will have to check that next time.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

damn, i guess i will have to check that next time.

Yup !

Blinking: Next mode up (and you can change this with the flipper buttons so you can kinda pick which one you want when you shoot behind the TV)

Solid: Played/completed

Slow-fading: Mode in progress!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 45.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totally-theoretical-tspp-anniversary-edition/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.