Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3147 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3072 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2957 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2928 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2916 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

IMPRESSIVE! Even in the whitewood stage this game is pulse-pounding fun. Very, very fast play but still manageable. It had my adrenal gland pumping overtime, and that hasn't happened for me on a new game for a very long time.

GREAT JOB putting this package together!

And you know what I don't miss, even a tad? A ramp...it does not need one.

#2 6 years ago

That looks awesome !

#3 6 years ago

Looking forward to playing tomorrow and Sunday! Looks really unique and fun.

Is it officially called "Totally Annihilated" or "Total Nuclear Annihilation" at this point? I had thought the latter...

#4 6 years ago

It is.."Total Nuclear Annihilation" verified by Scott himself.
    -Mike

#5 6 years ago

Totally Annihilated!!?? Oh my... Now, that's good.

"Hi... Sleepy Nut art department? This is Scott. Stop the presses.... We have a revision... Stat!"

"Oh, yeah.. LIONMAN."

#6 6 years ago

I got to play just a bit ago and meet scott danesi. Wow, the game is amazing and Scott is great and super nice.

I really wish him all the luck in the world with this game, it's a great game.

#7 6 years ago

Can't wait to play it tomorrow! Will stand in line for sure.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Can't wait to play it tomorrow! Will stand in line for sure.

I'll fix your quote for you...

"Will stand in line many times for sure."

#9 6 years ago

I was watching Dead Flip play this today on youtube .....also listened to a podcast that Scott was on. This game is rapidly climbing to the top of my want list.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I was watching Dead Flip play this today on youtube .....also listened to a podcast that Scott was on. This game is rapidly climbing to the top of my want list.

Everyone is having fun with the plain whitewood, when it's finally revealed with the full art package it's going to be amazing. The people who were hoping for some grim, dark "Centaur III meets Mad Max" might be disappointed I guess, everyone else should be blown away. I can't wait to see it all together!

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinKopf:

Is it officially called "Totally Annihilated"

Not it's name...what it did to my pinball brain.

#12 6 years ago

I have to say I'm very impressed with this game so far. The fast gameplay and the soundtrack is bad ass. My favorite so far.

#13 6 years ago

Played this game some more. Just wow.

The intricate little details are amazing, especially with the light show.

I'd buy this game over a *lot* of other games.

#14 6 years ago

Totally Nuclear Annihilation = T n A ... Nice!!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

BUY ONE!

#16 6 years ago

Scott is a super talented nice guy and I think an embodiment of what is great about pinball and the DIY spirit. This game was the first time in a long time, for me anyway, where the hype was completely justified.

I didn't realize that I could have this much fun shooting on a white wood but I got on this machine every time I could reasonably wait in line to play.

The music is cool, sort of in the style of the later stages of PinOut! Or maybe the battle soundtrack of a techno sci-fi action flick.

I've considered over the years that I'd like to add an em-style title to my lineup and considered melons or PBR but the gameplay didn't draw me in.

I walked away from this game trying to think of what game gets voted off the island to make room for one..

I, too was totally annihilated at SFGE and loved every minute of it. Great job Scott and thank you Spooky for bringing this game into production!

IMG_2916 (resized).JPGIMG_2916 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2928 (resized).JPGIMG_2928 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2957 (resized).JPGIMG_2957 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3072 (resized).JPGIMG_3072 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3147 (resized).JPGIMG_3147 (resized).JPG

#17 6 years ago

I want everyone who says this game should be $3500 to look at that last picture with the playfield lifted.

#18 6 years ago

Good to meet ya at the show Cody Chunn and to have a few battles on your Paragon (thanks for bringing it!).

#19 6 years ago

Thank you guys for the awesome feedback! SFGE was so fun! The people were great, the staff was great, and the show was just great overall. Thank you all that came out and chatted with me.

So for fun, here are the audits from TNA from SFGE:

Audits:
    __Avg Ball Time: '0:11' #This is not correct
    __Avg Extra Balls: 0 #This is not correct
    __Avg Game Time: '1:06'
    __Avg Score: 175714
    __Ball Lock Attempts: 1130
    __Ball Locks: 1088
    __Ball Search Started: 42
    __Balls Played: 2050
    __Drains Left: 788
    __Drains Right: 1016
    __Games Played: 678
    __Games Started: 416
    __Jackpot Total: 757
    __Lane Save Awards: 451
    __Multiball Started: 405
    __Reactor Destroyed Total: 155
    __Reactor Started Total: 525
    __Skillshot Regular: 277
    __Skillshot Super: 80
    __Tilt Dangers: 207
    __Tilt Total: 16
    __Total Annihilations: 0
    BallsaveHighScoreData:
    __date: 'Sat Jun 10 13:44:38 2017', inits: BOZ, score: 8}
    BumperHighScoreData:
    __date: 'Fri Jun 9 20:23:18 2017', inits: FUNWBONUS, score: 54}
    ClassicHighScores:
    __date: 'Fri Jun 9 20:23:18 2017', inits: FUNWBONUS, score: 2474250.0}
    __date: 'Sat Jun 10 13:44:38 2017', inits: BOZ, score: 2264225.0}
    __date: 'Fri Jun 9 22:48:35 2017', inits: DDT, score: 1277500.0}
    __date: 'Fri Jun 9 10:08:09 2017', inits: LIONMAN, score: 1000000}
    __date: 'Sat Jun 10 18:32:25 2017', inits: PBP, score: 982050.0}
    LoopsHighScoreData:
    __date: 'Fri Jun 9 20:23:18 2017', inits: FUNWBONUS, score: 10}
    SpinnerHighScoreData:
    __date: 'Fri Jun 9 20:23:18 2017', inits: FUNWBONUS, score: 413}

#20 6 years ago

Best. Thread title. Ever.

#21 6 years ago

Also the game won Best Custom Pinball at SFGE IIRC!

Well technically it won 3 awards, but they couldn't give it all 3

Congrats guys!

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Good to meet ya at the show Cody Chunn and to have a few battles on your Paragon (thanks for bringing it!).

Absolutely my pleasure! Is this the "other Cody"?

We should have paired up on TNA for a duel.

#23 6 years ago

As I assumed after playing TnA at TPF, it sounds like this pin is just getting better. No idea when I'll get to play it again, but I can't wait, whenever that may be. Keep up the awesome work, Scott!

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I want everyone who says this game should be $3500 to look at that last picture with the playfield lifted.

That scares me a bit, eventually owning one lol

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Absolutely my pleasure! Is this the "other Cody"?
    We should have paired up on TNA for a duel.

Yep, yeah we should have and we need to do a video on the dueling Codys someday hahaha!

#26 6 years ago

noticed the instruction card on the snapshots from SFGE. is it possible to get a blown up image of the instruction card or text of the instructions? are they current? if not, can you provide updated ones? couldn't locate rules anywhere online.

it's difficult to understand all the object/strategies of the game by viewing the already posted dead flip videos. even when there was discussion about them, it never seemed clear or complete. what is the sequence/progression to destroy reactors, how does the grid really work, what does completing the C-O-R-E lanes award, how do you light the spinner, how do you acquire/stack outlane ball saves (good explanation already posted on how to use them), when is the playfield multiplier in effect, how do you advance the bonus multiplier, what are the circumstances necessary to collect jackpots from the upper right scoop (rarely saw this feature come into play), what causes the controlled gates to open/close the full orbit, what role do the 3 stand-up targets on the right side of the core chamber play, etc.

#27 6 years ago

Here's the gameplay video of TNA @ SFGE:

- thanks, Scott / Charlie for letting me set my cameras up over it, and thanks to everybody who played on the stream.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

__Games Played: 678
    __Games Started: 416

Hey @thenotrashcougar, what is the difference between these values? "Games Started" I assumed was, wait for it, games someone started. "Games Played" I thought may have been "Games Finished" except that then the value was greater than "Games Started." Maybe "Games Started" treated multiplayer games as "1" and each player finishing their respective game as a "Game Played?" So a 4 player game would be "1 Game Started" and "4 Games Played?"

Love the game, can't wait to see it the finished!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Maybe "Games Started" treated multiplayer games as "1" and each player finishing their respective game as a "Game Played?" So a 4 player game would be "1 Game Started" and "4 Games Played?"

That's correct.

Games "started" is counted as 1 regardless of how many players are in that game. It's when the start button is hit from attract.

"Games Played" is more like "Total Players" ... I guess we could do some renaming here.

#30 6 years ago

I've never see this pin in person juts the top down view in videos. There are 3 inline drops. What's behind the last one? Looks like a scoop? Does the ball ever get there?

The speed of the scoop is so cool as I think I've already mentioned.
    Would be a nice touch of the ball save ejected and kicked out the ball as soon as the outlane switch hits like some modern stern games

#31 6 years ago

So what's the plot of this game, anyways? I've seen so much buzz around it but all I know is there's something to do with nuclear power stations (??). The ball-saves that you can stack up are really cool.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

So what's the plot of this game, anyways? I've seen so much buzz around it but all I know is there's something to do with nuclear power stations (??). The ball-saves that you can stack up are really cool.

Listen to the spooky pinball podcast that they interviewed scott for , lot's of good info about this game .
    www.spookypinball.com
    Click on podcast Scott's interview is in show #86 .

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

I've never see this pin in person juts the top down view in videos. There are 3 inline drops. What's behind the last one? Looks like a scoop? Does the ball ever get there?
    The speed of the scoop is so cool as I think I've already mentioned.
    Would be a nice touch of the ball save ejected and kicked out the ball as soon as the outlane switch hits like some modern stern games

There is a scoop behind the inline drops and that scoop is where jackpots are collected .

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

That's correct.
    Games "started" is counted as 1 regardless of how many players are in that game. It's when the start button is hit from attract.
    "Games Played" is more like "Total Players" ... I guess we could do some renaming here.

Right on. That makes sense. Cool to see that kind of data.

Pinball is rad.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

The plot is explained by scott in the TNA thread.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

The plot is explained by scott in the TNA thread.

I am pretty sure I read a more detailed description but this is the gist. I guess it wasn't Scott:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/8#post-3704135

Quoted from rai:
    Sorry if I missed it, but can you give a synopses or back story to the theme?
    From dead flip stream... Go to the start and he explains it . I held my phone with the android siri to my speakers and fixed some of the mistakes it made.
    the storyline of this whole thing is you are from 1988 and you are sitting down with some scientists and they said "Hey man we got some bad news, but you're going to be able to fix this!". A future civilization have discovered reverse time travel (which we all know there is a big problems with Reverse time travel because you come back and screw everything up. Paradoxes and all sorts of stuff. They are going to use this for evil and we know this (they are scientists after all) they need you to go forward in time (which is fine because that's easily doable with cryogenics etc or whatever they have in 1988)
    So they are going to send you in the distant to destroy the civilization before they invent reverse time travel.
    So they have 9 nuclear reactors map on the (lower PF) on their land that you need to start and overheat (Upper PF). You are trying to destroy everything and everyone so it's a 1 way mission (there is no reverse time travel obviously so you cannot get back). If you win you're going to die. If you don't win, the world is f**ked.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totally-annihilated-at-sfge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.