Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jaeg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1503457873761 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170821_143847251 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170821_145205215_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170821_145328451 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170821_143751645 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170821_143943558_HDR (resized).jpg
    5382 (resized).jpg
    5363 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1912 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1908 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1884 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1902 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170821_132328860 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170821_104339939 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vyzer2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok, who is planning to see this?
    We're traveling to Charleston, SC in August to see the eclipse. I'm really excited and hope for good weather. The last time there was a total eclipse near me was in grammar school, and it was cloudy that day, so I've never seen one. I've bought my solar glasses and even bought some filters for my binoculars.
    Please share your plans if you are planning to see this as well.

Charleston, SC as well. Glasses ready. Last one seen in grammar school, but it's been so long, don't remember the experience. Can't wait for this one. Hoping the weather will cooperate.

2 weeks later
    #39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Oh cool! Welcome to Charleston!

And how bad do you think Rt17 is going to be?

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from redman822:

As much of an astronomy geek that I am, I would rather save the $600 to go towards pinball machines.

Agree, but I find myself supporting both obsessions.

Quoted from Nokoro:

wolfmarsh , The weather in Charleston is no longer looking so good. What are local forecasters saying? It looks like things might be a bit better if you drive 2 hours inland. That may be my back up plan: wake up at 6am to beat the traffic and try to get somewhere with less cloud coverage.

Charlestown was first destination, but I also made reservations in Columbia. Might be same weather as Chlstn, but inland may keep some of the clouds away. Either way, it's an adventure.

#75 6 years ago

12 hours to get to Cary, NC yesterday. Normally a 9 hr trip. Washington to Richmond was horrendous.

#91 6 years ago

Well the fairgrounds in Columbia has a big crowd. Up till 10 minutes ago (10:15) was almost cloudless. Now, oh o. Many large cumulus clouds. Still have lots of time.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Very well said. Even hearing about what it would look like and seeing old pictures did nothing to prepare me for the actual experience when the sun became a absolute black hole. Can you imagine seeing one in ancient days and not knowing what it was? You must have thought the world was going to literally end.

If I said anything it would be repeating what you said. Columbia turned out to be great although it was touch and go.
    99% and it is still basically bright out. But at 100% oh my god. You view totality without glasses. It was so much more than what I was expecting. Just unbelievably spectacular.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vyzer2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-solar-eclipse-2017?tu=Vyzer2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.