DSC05248 (resized).JPG
DSC05082 (resized).JPG
DSC05081 (resized).JPG
My A-9201 (4) (resized).jpg
A-9201 (4)-recolored (resized).jpg
DSC05050 (resized).JPG
DSC05049 (resized).JPG
DSC05048 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I'm just going to share a few things.....I am not criticizing or bashing.
Before you even start with paint the clear you shoot over the bare wood has to be applied, sanded , applied and sanded until you get a smooth surface. Any dips or craters will cause paint to leak under the edge of the mask.
I know its recommended to start with white but I don't feel that way at all. White is easily contaminated buy adjacent colours rubbing or smearing. Even if you apply white and clear over it the sanding marks in the white can hold other colours so at the very end of the project you have to end up doing the white areas all over again.

These two points are spot on. All of your issues start with a play field that wasn't coated in 2 part clear, sanded level/flat. This eliminates most all bleed through as well as anything remotely peeling off the surface. And white is always last in my book, its way to easy to show overspray. Good luck on the rest of the restore, I admire your patience!

#143 2 years ago

My only other observation is, the paint I use needs to be cured by heat treatment. It was suggested earlier, but maybe use a heat gun on low or a blow dryer to cure it before laying down any frisket

4 weeks later
#151 2 years ago

Cut around the skate, you can add the black lines by hand.

2 months later
#178 2 years ago

Something probably fell and wedged itself to make the mark. May be able to touch it up.

1 month later
#194 2 years ago

I would love to learn Cameo to learn how to mask off lettering on play fields.

#196 2 years ago

A lesson you will always remember.

#198 2 years ago

For future restores, change the lamp sockets to new ones. Your going to be pizzed if you fire it up and some are dim, flickery, or flaky.

2 weeks later
#209 1 year ago
Quoted from tscottn:

I'm contemplating repainting my targets on my Target Pool because you cannot get the striped ball targets anymore. Steve Young has the Die to hot Stamp them but wont consider doing it for just my order. Understandable. I wonder how well the painted target face will hold up to continual use, even if it is cleared.

I need them too. Wonder how many he would need to produce to make them worth his effort? Maybe we should start a separate thread to get more people involved to be on-board to buying a set. Then we could approach Steve and go from there.

#212 1 year ago

Oh damn, well he has a ton of product that is hot stamped so I assume he is working on another source eventually.

1 month later
#231 1 year ago

Never heard of the scrubbing bubbles technique. I would get nervous rinsing all that off myself.

2 months later
#260 1 year ago

Thats got to be very satisfying, great job and a harder-than-it-looks game too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-restore-of-an-ice-revue?tu=ibis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.