DSC05248 (resized).JPG
DSC05082 (resized).JPG
DSC05081 (resized).JPG
My A-9201 (4) (resized).jpg
A-9201 (4)-recolored (resized).jpg
DSC05050 (resized).JPG
DSC05049 (resized).JPG
DSC05048 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Silverstreak02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

Photoshop skills
Awesome

2 weeks later
#26 2 years ago

I use the rolls of frisket. It normally works great. I did have a problem recently with glue residue, but naphtha cleaned it up.

I should add it was an old roll. I bought a new one online and it worked perfectly. I had crisp lines and importantly no glue residue.

1 week later
#34 2 years ago

Home plating is interesting I didn’t know it was a possibility. When polishing doesn’t work I spray with a metallic silver paint. Not as good as a fresh coat of plating, but easier. All of the so called chrome paint never worked for me. Keep up the great work. I’ll be following.

1 week later
#41 2 years ago

I would lightly sand, clean with Nahptha and spray a can of Spraymax 2k. I think that will give you a better base than the one part clear. Oh and buy a new roll of low tack frisket.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

As stated above I put a bunch of lockdown coats of clear, sanded them lightly to remove some of the peaks and tried again.
I started with the red. This time I used a fresh roll of frisket and put a coat of white down first and then the red over the top. It looked really nice.[quoted image][quoted image]
But once again, taking the frisket off did not leave any goo residue but resulted in pulling up old paint...[quoted image][quoted image]
Its a real shame too, as the red looks really nice.[quoted image][quoted image]
I don't really see any way to proceed

I’ll say it one last time. Lock that down with Spraymax 2k.

1 month later
#86 2 years ago

I have the same problem with glue from the frisket. I use Naphtha to remove the residue and I’m careful to go lightly. I’m glad I didn’t recommend it based on your results. Keep your chin up. You’re doing a great job.

1 week later
#90 2 years ago

Wow great progress

A word of caution on the clear frisket. On two occasions I have trimmed the frisket around the area I wanted to paint and then forgot to remove the frisket. After painting I had a small chip of paint that peeled in my fresh paint. When I messed with it I pulled up the section of frisket I forgot to remove. I’m not sure what would have happened when I sprayed the clear if I hadn’t discovered my mistake. Now I remove the sections as soon as I cut them instead of all at once.

7 months later
#183 2 years ago

Looking good

1 week later
#185 2 years ago

Wow that looks better than new. I like the white paint on the board. It really makes it pop.

1 month later
4 months later
#265 1 year ago

Totally amazing. Great job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Silverstreak02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-restore-of-an-ice-revue?tu=Silverstreak02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.