DSC05248 (resized).JPG
DSC05082 (resized).JPG
DSC05081 (resized).JPG
My A-9201 (4) (resized).jpg
A-9201 (4)-recolored (resized).jpg
DSC05050 (resized).JPG
DSC05049 (resized).JPG
DSC05048 (resized).JPG
There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 2 years ago

Apron looks good!

#252 1 year ago

thanks!

The original had some light webbing on it, but I have no way to duplicate it other than the heavy can-based webbing I used on the cabinet, so I left it plain white. I think it will be fine.

Work has begun on the last step in the process, the plastics!

#253 1 year ago

I would have gone with the red/blue paint scheme on the card tray. Although "Ice-Revue" came with either one, I think the red/blue looks a lot better on the game. I believe that the green/blue trays were leftovers from the "Bank A Ball" production run.

#254 1 year ago

wow, I never even thought of that. It always seemed weird that a green accent would show up when it is nowhere else.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

wow, I never even thought of that. It always seemed weird that a green accent would show up when it is nowhere else.

Yeah, to me, it doesn't fit the color scheme of the game. Mine has the red/blue. Green/blue complements "Bank A Ball", but it doesn't look good on "Ice-Revue".
Just my humble opinion.

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, to me, it doesn't fit the color scheme of the game. Mine has the red/blue. Green/blue complements "Bank A Ball", but it doesn't look good on "Ice-Revue".
Just my humble opinion.

Mine also has the red and blue apron. I agree that it must have been left over from the BAB run. It was my first thought before I even read JR’s post.

1 week later
#257 1 year ago

I haven't posted too much as I have been busy with other things. But I have made some progress with the replacement graphics.

I scanned in the originals and color adjusted them to more closely match "some" of the online references and printed them onto laser decal paper. Here you can see the differences between the original and the newDSC05083 (resized).JPGDSC05083 (resized).JPG

I then traced the plastics onto a new sheet and cut them out.cutting new plasticscutting new plastics

Then it was a matter of wetting the decal and moving it onto the new plastic.wetting the decalwetting the decal

And finally, putting a layer of clear mylar over the top so it doesn't get damaged.printed replacement graphicsprinted replacement graphics

One of the issues around replacement graphics is how the light goes through them. Its a bit tricky to get a picture of but this should give you an idea, the new one (right) gets a bit washed out but I think it still looks acceptable.light transmission of replacement plasticslight transmission of replacement plastics

It came out pretty good. I don't really like the mylar overlay on the clear portion on the outside of the decal. For the next couple I think I will put the clear on before cutting and wetting the decal. I hope that works better.

#258 1 year ago

In the past I made a replacement plastic with the decal on the underside but printed in reverse so it looked correct from above. I also had the issue that I could not get the colour saturation so that it looked like the other plastics on the machine.

#259 1 year ago

woohoo, the restoration is complete. I did all the graphics so they would match and match the colors on the playfield. I think it looks great and it plays great. Still a couple of final things, to cover those holes in the front door and print out a card, but I think it is complete.

DSC05269 (resized).JPGDSC05269 (resized).JPGDSC05271 (resized).JPGDSC05271 (resized).JPGDSC05272 (resized).JPGDSC05272 (resized).JPG
#260 1 year ago

Thats got to be very satisfying, great job and a harder-than-it-looks game too.

#262 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

woohoo, the restoration is complete.

Congrats on sticking with this, especially with all the setbacks. I also appreciate you sharing all of those with us as we watched you persevere, adapt and overcome those challenges. What a nice looking end product - you should be very proud of your efforts!

#263 1 year ago

thanks guys! Any tips on playing? Those outlanes are brutal!

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

thanks guys! Any tips on playing? Those outlanes are brutal!

Your flippers appear to be set a bit too low as far as I can see in the photos. They're probably directing the ball toward the outlanes more than they should.
Here's what mine look like.

20220621_125439 (resized).jpg20220621_125439 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#265 1 year ago

Totally amazing. Great job.

#266 1 year ago

thanks for the kind words. The playfield is still holding strong, no problems with it so far!

#267 1 year ago

Just beautiful! I’ve been watching your progress, and trials and errors, and I’m very impressed. I would have probably cut a lot of some corners. Thanks for sharing.

There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.