images.jpg
giphy-3.gif
t_recall_v1[1].jpg
160277-i.jpg
giphy.gif
totalrecall-sharonstone.gif
08ddb6a9933afdbc9b07bdb4380d38e8d06a54c3.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Ok all you Boutique builders....time to resurrect one of the greatest ideas in pinball history.....Total Recall the game.

Doesn't need to be the original design...just in-body the spirit of the movie.....ready? go!!!!

08ddb6a9933afdbc9b07bdb4380d38e8d06a54c3.jpg08ddb6a9933afdbc9b07bdb4380d38e8d06a54c3.jpg
#2 9 years ago
totalrecall-sharonstone.giftotalrecall-sharonstone.gif
#3 9 years ago

WOW ! Sharon was hot

#4 9 years ago

what's that ? 4 games Arnold has been on, T2,T3,last action hero

#5 9 years ago

Old....

#6 9 years ago

This game should have been made back in the day possibly... but now it's not the most relevant thing. Older cult movies like A Clockwork Orange and Pulp Fiction still hold a lot of heat and should be strongly considered for pins.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

This game should have been made back in the day possibly... but now it's not the most relevant thing.

I thought the same of Jaws, but apparently I'm alone there.

#8 9 years ago

Kill Bill... that one really makes sense~

#9 9 years ago

Well I love the movie, so I'm making it....then I won't let you play with my toys.....we'll see who's laughing.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#10 9 years ago

Taking preorders?

#11 9 years ago

Need to work some triple boob cleavage into the art.

#12 9 years ago

"Let me know if you need any help with this one."

"Considuh dat a divoace."

"That's different: blue sky on mars."

"Get you ass to mahz."

Really good popcorn sci-fi time killer. The remake was HORR-I-BULL! That fake light refraction or whatever it's called they put into EVERY scene was ANNOYING. And what? No one goes to Mahz?

#13 9 years ago

There was a lot of material to work with for good modes in that movie. It's a head scratcher to look back now and see which movies were made into games and which weren't.

#15 9 years ago

the filmsack podcast just did this movie, it's still relevant. they even comment about how it holds up and doesn't look dated:
http://filmsack.com/2015/03/236-the-one-about-total-recall

Also whenever I finish my current project, I'm seriously thinking about attempting to build a whitewood because... well it would blow people's minds at pinball shows:
http://homebrewpinball.blogspot.com/2013/12/total-recall-thoughts.html
http://homebrewpinball.blogspot.com/2013/12/total-recall-update-10.html
t_recall_v1[1].jpgt_recall_v1[1].jpg

#16 9 years ago

Does anyone have a list of the original modes or gameplay ideas they had for it?

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm seriously thinking about attempting to build a whitewood

That's what I was hoping for.....yes!!!!!!!! You have a friend in me if you want some help!

#18 9 years ago

Hopefully it won't be as difficult as the Nintendo game. As a kid that game was impossible! Still have nightmares about that darn x-ray scanner level..

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

WOW ! Sharon was hot

So is Kate Beckinsale in the newer version!

#20 9 years ago

I'd rather see The Fifth Element made.

#21 9 years ago

I thought there was a "What should be made next thread?

I remember seeing it and have a great idea which would be nice if some designer stumbled upon it or another members idea during a google search.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

what's that ? 4 games Arnold has been on, T2,T3,Last Action Hero

It would be 5. Arnold is also on TFTC. He is the bodybuilder on the playfield.

#23 9 years ago

The Running Man would be good as well or maybe better because of the characters.

#24 9 years ago

Maybe when they make the "Trilogy"

Quoted from whitey:

WOW ! Sharon was hot

Yeah, but too bad shes a nut job scientologist.

#25 9 years ago

Looks like a fun game to fold up and move around.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'd rather see The Fifth Element made.

"Corbin Dallas. Multipass!"

#27 9 years ago

TWO WEEEEKS!!!!

#28 9 years ago

I had this thought when I first heard about the prototype. I even went so far as too sketch up some ideas. I had the followings ideas and made sketches in detail of them (where the sketches are I'd have to look) probably thrown them out, was something I did during boring nights at work.

Anyway few ideas I've had:

Magnet ball lock - think LOTR ring - but designed to look like the recall memory machine.
A triple ball lock either with the infamous 3 boob lady on the artwork/plastic or a physical toy/sculpt
An xray scanner (LCD screen) that would show animation of ball or person/clip out film as it passes behind.
The alien generate featured in the final act as a sculpt over a VUK

Can't really remember if I had any other ideas when I thought about the "what if they had made it" years ago, these just came back to mind when I saw and read the thread.

So OP you seriously going to tackle making this pin or at least a total recall pin of sorts?

#29 9 years ago

As long as they don't use that translite.

#30 9 years ago

Couple of things.

First......I think I'd like to keep the translite. Something like that anyway

Second JonM I went to Uni in Leicester (lived in Oadby!)

Third....I have 2 projects running right now. This is one. I have no plans to delude myself. This is a years long project. I plan on building virtually on Visual Pinball but use the P-roc emulator to control things so it's easier for me to drop the program into the machine.

Fourth...or fifth....or D......I repeat.....this thing will be a while, ha.

I am fully open to making this a co-operative project.

AT this point.....I'd love the dual machines but it will be enough $$$ (££££) just doing the one so programming, toys, animation, etc will be the selling point on this one. Not that I'm making to sell of course.

And yes, there will be three boobs.....maybe

It's going to be a trip...and prob cost dearly....but.....worth it.

giphy-3.gifgiphy-3.gif
#31 9 years ago

One of my favorites and yes it should be made into a pin asap, I also think The running man is a great theme for pinball.

images.jpgimages.jpg imagesT9YX6I29.jpgimagesT9YX6I29.jpg
#32 9 years ago

#33 9 years ago

When you need to go to the upper playfield (which will be Mars themed) the call out will be.....wait for it...wait for it.....Get your a$$ to mars.....

giphy-4.gifgiphy-4.gif
#34 9 years ago

agodfrey it's a small world, Oadby is about 30 minutes from me and my family, although I maybe moving myself to Dubai at some point in the future if all goes to plan, Great Britain is no longer great IMO.

Anyway back onto topic, I'd love to see this done whether it's 2 years or 10 years away it would be great to see it up build. Have you consider using a donar game to cut down costs and build difficulty? I'm a huge Arnie fan and had ideas for fun about what this game could feature toy wise, quotes, DMD animations (to give it an old school feel next to a T2) as I mentioned above I did a lot of sketches in detail which I could probably find if you where interested?

How about a 3 bank that lowers into the playfield that when up has decals of clothes and once down reveals our favourite 3 boob lady in the artwork? Depends how crazy you wanna be

#35 9 years ago

Multiball: I got 5 kids to feed
hqdefault[1].jpghqdefault[1].jpg

Balls come out of quato's head "open your mind"

#36 9 years ago

the Data East Total recall always intrigued me. Always wanted to see it in action. When the DE stuff was sold. The guy that bought it was suppose to get that. But it magically disappeared when came time to pick everything up. I don't know if anyone even knows where it is. But I don't think it was ever playable, as there wasn't any software or head to go with it. Plus, how would you break that down and haul it? If both cabinets are one piece, how would you get it in the door? Great idea, shitty to move. Still would love to play one.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how would you break that down and haul it? If both cabinets are one piece, how would you get it in the door? Great idea, shitty to move

it would have to be split up into 3 sections, see my post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-recall-needs-to-be-made#postbox

#38 9 years ago

Great!

As a life long collector of paul verhoeven movie props and a big pinball fan I also started to plan a build for a total recall machine. Almost got the cabinet and art ready. Just need some hardwear.
Plan to build a hyperpin screen in it and make a total recall visual machine. After that I want to make a real playfield for it. Got tons of ideas and designs in mind.

It will be on display next to my robocop and starship troopers machines!
I really like it that there is more interest in building this great title for real.

Greetings from the netherlands,

Bas

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

One of my favorites and yes it should be made into a pin asap, I also think The running man is a great theme for pinball.

images.jpg
imagesT9YX6I29.jpg

Het tinman hey Christmas tree over here, yes Running Man first

#41 9 years ago

Running Man would be great, way more call out potential. Plus each stalker has its own mode. Would translate easily to pinball.

#42 9 years ago

Finding a donar game that could easily be redone would be a helpful method of producing either a total recall or running man (something with a upper and lower playfield for different stalker zones/modes)

#43 9 years ago

#44 9 years ago

You guys should consider making this game for the P3 pinball platform, see here:

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1437.0

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-recall-needs-to-be-made and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.