• Latest reply 9 years ago by SteveFury
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture.PNG
IMG_4112.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BCpinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi I just picked up an Atlantis unit ....gottlieb unit #7135. Never fiddled with Pinball machines before now. I did not pay much because it was/is not fully functional. Yet So I working out some bugs and replacing rubbers light etc. I see the total play counter reads 86109 right now - is this possible? The bottom of the game is not covered in metal shards and the play field looks pretty darn good not really worn anywhere I can see. I think if it actually had 86000 plays on it the play deck would be very worn out , all stepper unit contacts would be toast etc.? But then again I don't know much about these units just learning,..what do you think?
Thanks
John

#7 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Some great feedback. I spent another few hours on it this morning I aw very hoping to get the flippers going. Managed to get it outside in the main pieces, blow out the dust lightly, get the legs on ...much better to lean in there now and ponder and poke.

I have never worked on a pb machine before, lots of stuff with engines but this is a new challenge. I am very impressed with the workmanship like so many of you mentioned. My wife even agrees that these machines are art. Grateful for the online articles and this forum by the way!!

I had seen a picture of a machine that the bottom was covered in metal bits from the relay tubes maybe even the ball itself? So they figured the machine had seen a lot of action. I know this machine had not been turned on on at least 10 years. I'll start another thread about my "barn find" with some pics for you Steve
Cheers
John

#9 9 years ago

Yes Steve, exactly like that but the bottom of the case was covered in bits. Big mess. Thankfully I do not have anything like that to contend with. That after pic is amazing...so clean. Did you remove all the guts and paint the inside of the case too? Very nice work sir!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BCpinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-plays-meter-question?tu=BCpinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.