22728799_1587462964648258_3765913268536550974_n (resized).jpg
22554945_1587462981314923_6813432946561869941_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.49.08 AM (resized).png
IMG_5283 (resized).jpg
20171122_180108 (resized).jpg
20160429_220810-e1461987875766-768x1365 (resized).jpg
20160329_212620 (resized).jpg
20171118_193251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who give a F what he thinks. Looks like a great pin that he can learn from.
It's called "innovation".

Now now, respect the Elders of Pinball please.

It’s a well established fact that most artists/scientists/geniuises produce their best works relatively early in their careers. Steve’s contribution to pinball is second to none and it’s especially relevant that Steve “approves” as he is the master of games that are all about the adrenaline rush and how the game makes you feel, just like TNA.

As to whether or not it’s worth it? In my opinion there isn’t a NiB game made in the last decade that is worth the price, considering what it is and how little use you actually get from it. But hey, life is short and unless you are lucky to live in proximity to a large collection of well maintained location games, you have to be willing to pay the price of admission to get your pinball fix.

For me, as much as I enjoy a mode based game with deep theme integration on occasion, I find myself more and more seeing through the gimicks and distilling every game down to its core shots. I’ve always loved simpler, fast paced games that make your blood flow and have that “one more game” feeling. So these days a game like TNA really speaks to me. Back to “OMG that was awesome - let’s do it again!” pinball with amazing music and lighting effects.

It’s about how does playing a game make you feel, and not so much about how many modes, multiballs, toys, etc. it has. Fun is fun, however it gets delivered. In any case, if you’re not sure wait until you can play one before you buy, or go for it and sell it later if it’s not your cup of tea. Not like there will ever be thousands and thousands of TNA’s out there (sorry Scott!).

1 week later
#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I have played both other games by Spooky and think not much for them. I don’t understand building a game backwards from the old days when so much can be done with new technology today, go eat your overrated In and Out burgers too.

Great. Now I’m hungry and there isn’t an In and Out Burger for 1000 miles.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Another solid month of play on game #2 which has had 2 months on route.
Players are loving it. Biggest issue this month was ball went under sling rubber durring multiball. This meant a trip out to free the stuck ball but also meant I had a reason to go play a few more games
Game is a pleasure to maintain and keep clean.
Build quality is without a doubt very solid. Spooky made improvements form AMH to RZ and even bigger improvements from RZ to TNA.
This playfield in particular is VERY VERY nice.
Small details that I tend to look for like wire management and solder technique (done correctly and leaving slack where needed to make any future repairs) are really nice.
We dont talk specifics, but 2 months in and I can highly reccomend this game to any operator.
People love it, it plays very well out of the box, and I foresee it will maintain a high earning potential for a longer trajectory than most games. Early indicators point to this having long term earning power at a stable rate on route. (i.e. comparable to some of the classic B/W titles at this stage). Will need a few more moths to make a real conclusion, but wanted to share.
I also obviously like putting money towards the smaller guys that are providing new full featured product and quality service. Just admitting I am biased in that manner, but the game speaks for itself in this case

Have you done anything yourself to add protection to the game before putting it out there? ...as we all know when you bring TNA home you need to use protection!

Seriously though, have you noticed any wear around the drain hole, shooter lane, or divots, etc. in front of the scoops?

I think I would at a minimum mylar or self-laminating material over the shooter lane, around the drain hole, and in front of the scoops (just based on recent Stern PF issues within the first 100 games), and since it costs next to nothing and is basically invisible when applied and can be easily removed (no glue).

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will grab some photos and post up so you can see current condition. I have not done anything beyons plastic protectors which were installed at the factory. I see ZERO wear in any of the expected high traffic ball areas at this point, but will take a close look for you with photos when I get a chance.

Appreciate that - thanks.

I don't expect problems based on their statements and testing, etc. but was pretty shocked when my NiB Metallica showed chipping after a few dozen games, so just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean the PF won't start chipping after a dozen plays.

2 years later
#255 4 years ago

TNA is a totally unique experience. If it "does it" for you then it holds up as much as any pin can. I find that I play it in bursts. Won't touch it for weeks and then one day I'm on it all day trying to get to the next highest reactor (6 so far for me). Always \a big hit when friends are over too.

Mentally I always told myself that I might have to sell it someday to pick up Scott's next game if it was compelling enough and had a similar pumpin' Danesi soundtrack. Looks like come fall I'm going to need to make some hard decisions...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-worth-it?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.