22728799_1587462964648258_3765913268536550974_n (resized).jpg
22554945_1587462981314923_6813432946561869941_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.49.08 AM (resized).png
IMG_5283 (resized).jpg
20171122_180108 (resized).jpg
20160429_220810-e1461987875766-768x1365 (resized).jpg
20160329_212620 (resized).jpg
20171118_193251 (resized).jpg

There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 6 years ago

Just curious what people think. I really dig the sound of the game and some of the features. Is it worth 6000$ though? Really enjoyable old school unique style. Thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

I've only played it at shows, but a local pinhead has one already and he is digging it. It is challenging, even one player games at home.

#3 6 years ago

I thought it was worth it enough that I'm #75 and I'm more excited about it than any pin from any manufacturer since Metallica.

#4 6 years ago

If i was in the market for nib this would be the one.

#5 6 years ago

Yes!

#7 6 years ago

There are only two NIB games I am currently considering: TNA and Houdini.
If you think TNA has a low BOM (no ramp...), look at what is under the PF.

#8 6 years ago

I think it’s priced correctly.

#9 6 years ago

By far the best bang for the buck in NIB pinball!

I am very happy with my first ever NIB purchase!

#10 6 years ago

Yes! Absolutely !

#11 6 years ago

My opinion is based only on videos I’ve seen so far. Sound and lighting look amazing and may be great enough to make me consider buying. But, the gameplay looks weak to me. That said, watching a video is much different than experiencing firsthand. l look forward to playing it!

#12 6 years ago

Played it a ton and it's a badass multiplayer game. Single player, not so much.

#13 6 years ago

I keep wanting to push start. It's plays fast and the light show and music are top notch, the best in pinball to date. Single player, multiplayer, it's all good! Mine should be arriving early 2018 oh yeah, this will be my first NIB and I've been pretty skeptical with the whole NIB thing, but this game just impressed me in every way.

#14 6 years ago

It is an excellent choice. There's a ton of great rules, modes, light shows, sounds, animations...I don't miss the ramps and toys. Love the old school format.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Played it a ton and it's a badass multiplayer game. Single player, not so much.

I’m worried about singing player games.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don't be. AT first I thought it was best as multiplayer, but after lots of solo games it is just as fun!

I am obsessed with trying to make it through nine reactors. it won't happen for a very long time but I will do it eventually.

#17 6 years ago

Of course it's worth it. Two S's, Scott and Spooky. A combo that can't be beat.

LTG : )

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Make sure not to play it with Axl Rose then ...

rd

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from RGman:

My opinion is based only on videos I’ve seen so far. Sound and lighting look amazing and may be great enough to make me consider buying. But, the gameplay looks weak to me. That said, watching a video is much different than experiencing firsthand. l look forward to playing it!

This was our experience after playing it.... not a bad pin by any means....just not our type of pin.

#20 6 years ago

Absolutely worth it. In case of the odd chance you don't like it at home, put it on location and watch it earn money. Chances are you may buy more to operate them to So these games can fund your next puchases

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Don't be. AT first I thought it was best as multiplayer, but after lots of solo games it is just as fun!
I am obsessed with trying to make it through nine reactors. it won't happen for a very long time but I will do it eventually.

My only concern is possible linear nature of the rules?

Multiplayer looks as good as it gets

#22 6 years ago

As someone who HASN'T played it, my position now is that it looks like the most overrated game in recent memory. 6K? I REALLY dig the sound but to me it looks like a very simple game with great angles. I was 100% wrong with dialed in and GB let me down after I thought it was a hit after playing it so grain of salt here but I'm def not impressed.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As someone who HASN'T played it

And that's why your opinion is worthless.

Now if you had played it and said "I didn't care for it" or "not worth it to me" that would be an opinion I respect, it's not a game for everyone. But calling something overrated when you haven't even played it? That's just ridiculous, why did you even take the time to type that?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Now if you had played it and said "I didn't care for it" or "not worth it to me" that would be an opinion I respect, it's not a game for everyone. But calling something overrated when you haven't even played it? That's just ridiculous, why did you even take the time to type that?

b/c I'm providing my opinion based on what I've seen thus far. No need to be so sensitive. Not everyone who sees this game needs to love it. I also know that based on the nature of the game and how it's stripped down, I wouldn't buy it NIB 6k - I'll wait for someone like you to buy it and then save the money used. Thanks in advance.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Guess you haven't seen the Stern StarWars thread when it was first announced?

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm providing my opinion based on what I've seen thus far.

You called it "the most overrated game in recent memory" and you haven't even played it.

Quoted from delt31:

Not everyone who sees this game needs to love it.

I couldn't care less if you hated it after trying it, but talking shit when you haven't played it is a clown move. You just dissed a game and everyone who's been saying they've enjoyed it after admitting you have no basis, that's embarrassing.

Quoted from delt31:

I also know that based on the nature of the game and how it's stripped down

Stripped down? Explain to us how it's stripped down. You don't even know anything about this game, that's painfully obvious. Your opinion just gets more worthless the more you talk. Just stop digging.

#27 6 years ago

Let me get some popcorn!!!!

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think you should have played it before buying... should be carrying such a big concern on a $6K blind buy.

Personally, I think this game is going to rock... single or multi. I find myself being more attracted to simple games, anyway.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Guess you haven't seen the Stern StarWars thread when it was first announced?

Every single new game thread on this site is embarrassing now. Cheerleaders and detractors alike, people flap their lips with their opinions with zero basis, it's just stupid. It's fine to talk about what you see, talk about the art or whatever, but gameplay without playing it? Please.

Star Wars isn't a good game to me. I know this because I played it, I wasn't dumb enough to decide that before trying it. If you think it's a rad game because you've played it and you loved it that's cool too, that's how opinions work.

If you want to argue with either of us about if it's a good or bad game, but you haven't actually played it? Shut the f— up, no one cares.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I find myself being more attracted to simple games, anyway.

Like Woz?

#31 6 years ago

I think the game is absolutely worth it, but I am an official TNA fanboy...

#32 6 years ago

I see this question about TNA getting asked over and over. The problem with waiting to play it first to form an opinion is the scarcity. Most people don't have access to one on location, so it's either watch a video online or hope it's at a show. Beyond that you have to ask yourself what you like in a game. If it's music and lights, there's very few that have done it better. Beyond that I think opinions can vary greatly it just depends on what you are looking for in a game. Heck, even Scott admits the game isn't for everyone.

#33 6 years ago

Typical Pinside. Someone mentions it's not a good single player game. The haters and empty wallet guys parrot it over and over.

I have one. I play it alone a lot and love it.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I think the game is absolutely worth it, but I am an official TNA fanboy...

I know it's getting ridiculous. It's like you're stalking this project on Pinside

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I see this question about TNA getting asked over and over. The problem with waiting to play it first to form an opinion is the scarcity. Most people don't have access to one on location, so it's either watch a video online or hope it's at a show. Beyond that you have to ask yourself what you like in a game. If it's music and lights, there's very few that have done it better. Beyond that I think opinions can vary greatly it just depends on what you are looking for in a game. Heck, even Scott admits the game isn't for everyone.

It really has no scarcity issue. The beauty of the unlimited run is that you should be able to easily play one at a show or on location. I think there at least 7 on route already and it has been or will be at every major show.

#36 6 years ago

This is one game that really needs to be played to appreciate it.

Played the white-wood and loved it. The production version looks even better.

#37 6 years ago

I've played the game for hours and extensively in competition...and basically I've mastered the art of locking two balls and choking right after. The pressure of not setting up the next player is fun but nervracking. I like that! Sound and light show are like no other...love the spinner too. Having other SS games in my collection scratch a similar itch for me so I'm good. Having the game on location about 10 minutes from me is nice too. Hopefully this clarifies and qualifies my opinion...

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You called it "the most overrated game in recent memory" and you haven't even played it.

I couldn't care less if you hated it after trying it, but talking shit when you haven't played it is a clown move. You just dissed a game and everyone who's been saying they've enjoyed it after admitting you have no basis, that's embarrassing.

Stripped down? Explain to us how it's stripped down. You don't even know anything about this game, that's painfully obvious. Your opinion just gets more worthless the more you talk. Just stop digging.

Let me explain something to you. You're not discovering anything by quoting my own statement about not having played the game. I made that clear to everyone so congratulations on being captain obvious. I am just providing my view on this game at this time and expect NO ONE to change their view of it b/c of it. Read my original message again - I make it painfully clear that my base is limited but at this time, that is my view. I have the same experience with other new games and think they look much better. Will they be? Maybe not but that's my opinion right now.

I understand your feelings might have been hurt b/c you're in love with this game but guess what - time to grow up.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It really has no scarcity issue. The beauty of the unlimited run is that you should be able to easily play one at a show or on location. I think there at least 7 on route already and it has been or will be at every major show.

I didn't mean scarcity in the long run I meant right now. Even with 7 on location I'd say that the vast majority of people who would like to play one before buying one haven't had the opportunity. I live in Pittsburgh, if you told me where I could play within an hour from my house I'd leave right now.

#40 6 years ago

I think it's priced right but think it's strength is in multiplayer. I see it getting old fast in single player. I do dig the music and retro vibe. Definitely a cool game to have but not in small collection imo. I have not played it so opinion limited. Still, gameplay looks pretty repetitive without but that is not always a negative if fun.

#41 6 years ago

I played a bunch today, my first time since whitewood.

The game is above and beyond an adrenaline rush.
Tight code, and extra fast ball save, kick out, etc, from code.
One must be on their toes all the time.
A serious Pinball Game, a Great Players game, and a shooting game of skill in the extreme!

While I flailed away, feeling like a coronary was coming!

A learned much from listening to each other and was joined in play by Roger, Josh and Zach, and thats where one sees the skill
and challenges that come with it.

Worth the $$$........ Absolutely! A unique game, that raises your skills and demands you play!

Is it worth it in a family sense, novelty fun way....for me, no. but it has a special place in any collection and stands alone
in competitive play. It does this best, and better than most.

#42 6 years ago

I can't say if it worth it for you cnuts13, but having played the whitewood, prototype and production versions, I can say this pin speaks to me. We all have different ideas about what a great pin is so I don't have a horse in this debate. That said, I'm the next game in line after AURICH. I'm not that far away from you in VT. PM me if you want to to come and play mine when I get it. Don't know if you ski, but Mt Snow will likely be a good place to visit by the time I take delivery.

#43 6 years ago

Steve Ritchie approves.

20171118_193251 (resized).jpg20171118_193251 (resized).jpg

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I didn't mean scarcity in the long run I meant right now. Even with 7 on location I'd say that the vast majority of people who would like to play one before buying one haven't had the opportunity. I live in Pittsburgh, if you told me where I could play within an hour from my house I'd leave right now.

Pretty sure pittsburgh will get one soon...

#45 6 years ago

Well, I kicked this around for a while too, and came to the conclusion that I may be dead next year and Kim Jong Dung might nuke the world, so f@#k it. I put my deposit down yesterday.

#46 6 years ago

Seriously, at $6,000 it is the least expensive option out there unless you get a NIB Stern Pro model. I would rather support a smaller company that has a better build quality and unique idea for a change. Not happy with Stern Spike system so far and I know my wife and I are going to really enjoy the lock stealing feature in multiplayer. Also, I think this pin will be simpler to service and maintain as well. Love the music and sounds and proper use of LED lighting and neon color scheme too. Also, just look at all the pinheads signing on for one. You’re in good company!

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it's stripped down

Oh man, you are totally right. This game is completely stripped down.

TNA undersideTNA underside

I mean, it's ridiculous how they try to justify ripping people off with this low-budget, no-content game. Do they think we'll be so easily fooled?

All lit upAll lit up

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Oh man, you are totally right. This game is completely stripped down.

I mean, it's ridiculous how they try to justify ripping people off with this low-budget, no-content game. Do they think we'll be so easily fooled?

flip it around - I think that's the side you play pinball on ; )

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Steve Ritchie approves.

Who give a F what he thinks. Looks like a great pin that he can learn from.

It's called "innovation".

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

flip it around - I think that's the side you play pinball on ; )

Honestly, you are better than this. Flip it over and it is still a packed game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-worth-it?hl=cnuts13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.