Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9a32679e746782acfd597aac674a3f9d82582989.jpeg (resized).jpg
TNA_playfield (resized).jpg
sampleonly (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My guess is that it will settle in around $5k for HUO. I think the days of NIB pins holding their value is over. I think Stern Premiums that are $7500 will be low $6k range within a years time. Just too many new games coming out and now JJP, CGC and Spooky are finally hitting their stride and causing Stern to up their game!

I normally agree with you Mike but I think you are wrong on this one.

TNA is unlimited and can be made forever. i doubt there are a ton of people buying on blind faith that will get tired of the game quickly and sell it. In order for there to be HUO games for sale that means people need to sell them. It is a unique game and has lots of replay value so I dont see a bunch of people getting rid of them after they bought.

While I agree that the days of high dollar Stern LE and premiums holding value is long gone, those are limited run games intended to force hands to buy. TNA is a totally new model. It will be interesting to see what happens with it, but I dont imagine you are seeing a bunch of HUO ones for sale = low supply. People will luckily be able to just go buy them new for quite a while.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

all he needs is ONE.
and there will be at least ONE.
If he buys NIB today, by all accounts, delivery is going to be spring 2018. i feel there's a real possibility he could pick up a HUO for less than MSRP+freight some time before Spooky ships game number 200. your entitled to your opinion, but my contention is that some people ARE going to come to the conclusion that 6K tied up in this game is too much when compared to alternatives as they arise. the playfield and gameplay are simply not strong enough. those that bought on the hype or support angle might let this game go the minute they see a better place for their pinball money.
the rinse/repeat element of TNA's gameplay is beginning to show as people become better acquainted with the rule set and log some playing time [ref: Ed Robertson yt stream]. while TNA does offer a few scoring opportunities, the path to achieve maximum points is pretty clear - and it only requires a handful of shots, with the primary shot easy, reliable, and pretty 'safe'. kinda throws the 'easy to learn, but difficult to master' mantra out the window. once im finished helping people out with Alien, expect a review of TNA [both good and bad]. i'll even throw you a bone. remember my rhetorical question/post from the main thread - 'does anybody know why it plays so fast'? hopefully this will help give you some ideas.

if you are still unsure as to which of the two flippers to play off of, let me help you - lower right.
at least we do agree one thing - i too doubt there will be a TON of sellers. presales, as of today, are only around 200, and 2000 is a TON.

so when orders stop coming in/slow down [as they already have], and when getting 50 customers in the queue starts to take years, are they really going to bring out the mold again for this admittedly low margin design? most of Scotts and Spookys supporters are already on board, having insta-bought when preorders opened. it was a masterful job of marketing, primarily through the pinside production thread and dead flip streams. got to give them credit. nobody stepping up with a critical review also helped. my opinion [which of course could be proven wrong and will gladly admit to if so], is that having games in the wild/on route will not create a significant resurgence in orders. numbers 200-250 might go, but 250-300 could be crickets. while the BOM for TNA may be high and necessitate its MSRP, 6K is ALOT for what people might perceive they are getting on the TNA playfield and out of the gameplay. initial supporting cast of 200 aside, i expect potential new buyers of TNA will scrutinize the game and their options more closely.
Short term - expect the value to hold at/near 6K. any potential NIB customer should be happy to pay regular price without having to wait months for delivery. i expect anyone who is willing to sell in the secondary market would be happy to get all of their money back.
CONCLUSION - should hold its value. there will be turnover in the secondary market.

All I want to know is where/when did you play the game and how many plays is this dissertation based off of?

Also, if you want to come out behind the shield of anonymity... Come introduce yourself in person and lets play some pinball.
Reality is that you will actually need to play with other people and IRL to understand this game.

Hi, My name is Hilton. What is yours?
Want to play some pinball?

It is amazing what that can do for having fun and your own self worth in life.

Quoted from greenhornet:

CONCLUSION - should hold its value

that was a really long post to just say you agree with me

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Guy writes a good response, clearly states his opinions in a detailed manner and that is your response? Good grief!

not sure what your constant beef is.

It is a legit question... Is this review based upon watching videos online or does he have some play on it in a group setting? If you cant tell, this is a multiplayer game and the fun factor is all about the people you are playing with.

Nothing wrong with asking the masked man to come play some pinball IRL.

Good grief... some anti-social people can struggle with the smallest things like actually playing pinball with other real live humans... Just stepping up and saying Hi is often the first step. I know many want to hide behind the CPU screen and write dissertations, but I have found that by and large once we meet up in real life and play some pinball then it all changes...

#31 6 years ago

ok, I will play along...

I have probably put over 100 games on TNA at this stage. Probably 50-60 on the white wood and probably 40 on the sample production.

The game is best played in a multiplayer setting. Much like a system 11, you can steal locked balls and hence it is more fun to take advantage of that feature. Playing as single player, I woudl still be playing 2 player games because I will have more multiball opprtunities and can use 1 player to lock balls for the other to release.

There are 2 main objestives in the game, just like most classics:
Get Multiball/score jackpots/super JPs
Progress through reactors (modes if that is what you want to call them) Each rteactor will require you to hit more and more shots in the game, this fully utlizing the entire pf and forcing a good player to really work through the reactor cores.

The majority of shots in the game are both forehand and backhandable. In fact you shoudl learn to adjust on the fly and pick when a forehand or back hand would be safer. I personally like to work on back handing the lock shots, which means I will also work on passive and post passing when I feel good on it in order to get to the lock shot back hand.

The game is built on speed. The skill shot will auto plung you if you miss/ shot plunge, the orbits come screaming back around, the music keeps you amped, both scoops are built to kick out quickly. That si a big part of what keeps the game fresh for me. Even 4 player games go fast and while you can learn to control the game, it is fun to watch other play due to the pace. I find that I dont just walk away between balls but instead am engaged int he whole game (afterall people may be locking or stealing balls which will imapct my play).

This game really is like a class of 81 Bally meets sys11 lock stealer. If you like those aspects of play and playing in a 2, 3, or 4 pack then this game has a huge fun factor and lots of replayability. Ever new 4 pack means the game is forever changing. Your strategy is changing. The game while simple to understand is hard to master and keeps it fresh with all the new players you face.

The game is very well balanced in shots and flow and geometry.

The sound track is amazing and so is the sound quality.
The light show is possibly the best ever.

I really dont have much critical to say about the game and if I did, then I would share it (everyone knows I dont lack opinions).

I guess if I were to come up with one thing critical, it would be that i wish the game had a 3rd layer. Either collecting walkers/ghosts/diamonds/etc to have a goal/objective in the background that is just happening OR some sort of shot multiplier combo cash in or some sort of mini-Wiz mode. Granted I also understand that that is not the designers vision and am comfortable with it (I just like that 3rd level meta goal in games personally)

TNA_playfield (resized).jpgTNA_playfield (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

tax and possibly some small extras so true NIB price is closer to $6500

yeah, I think after sales tax and the few add-ons I did price was just shy of 6400.

Damn WI tax man

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-value?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.