Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9a32679e746782acfd597aac674a3f9d82582989.jpeg (resized).jpg
TNA_playfield (resized).jpg
sampleonly (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

all he needs is ONE.
and there will be at least ONE.
If he buys NIB today, by all accounts, delivery is going to be spring 2018. i feel there's a real possibility he could pick up a HUO for less than MSRP+freight some time before Spooky ships game number 200. your entitled to your opinion, but my contention is that some people ARE going to come to the conclusion that 6K tied up in this game is too much when compared to alternatives as they arise. the playfield and gameplay are simply not strong enough. those that bought on the hype or support angle might let this game go the minute they see a better place for their pinball money.
the rinse/repeat element of TNA's gameplay is beginning to show as people become better acquainted with the rule set and log some playing time [ref: Ed Robertson yt stream]. while TNA does offer a few scoring opportunities, the path to achieve maximum points is pretty clear - and it only requires a handful of shots, with the primary shot easy, reliable, and pretty 'safe'. kinda throws the 'easy to learn, but difficult to master' mantra out the window. once im finished helping people out with Alien, expect a review of TNA [both good and bad]. i'll even throw you a bone. remember my rhetorical question/post from the main thread - 'does anybody know why it plays so fast'? hopefully this will help give you some ideas.

if you are still unsure as to which of the two flippers to play off of, let me help you - lower right.
at least we do agree one thing - i too doubt there will be a TON of sellers. presales, as of today, are only around 200, and 2000 is a TON.

so when orders stop coming in/slow down [as they already have], and when getting 50 customers in the queue starts to take years, are they really going to bring out the mold again for this admittedly low margin design? most of Scotts and Spookys supporters are already on board, having insta-bought when preorders opened. it was a masterful job of marketing, primarily through the pinside production thread and dead flip streams. got to give them credit. nobody stepping up with a critical review also helped. my opinion [which of course could be proven wrong and will gladly admit to if so], is that having games in the wild/on route will not create a significant resurgence in orders. numbers 200-250 might go, but 250-300 could be crickets. while the BOM for TNA may be high and necessitate its MSRP, 6K is ALOT for what people might perceive they are getting on the TNA playfield and out of the gameplay. initial supporting cast of 200 aside, i expect potential new buyers of TNA will scrutinize the game and their options more closely.
Short term - expect the value to hold at/near 6K. any potential NIB customer will be happy to pay regular price without having to wait months for delivery. i expect anyone willing to sell will be happy to get all of their money back.
during 2018 - anyone in the current queue waiting for the next wave of 50 to be produced should be willing to pay full price for HUO. they are in an unenviable position of not knowing when to expect delivery, or if their game will even be made. bird in hand.
CONCLUSION - should hold its value due to uncertainty regarding NIB production. there will be turnover in the secondary market.

I disagree,
There’s a huge buying population that hasn’t seen or played the game yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-value?tu=Pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.