Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9a32679e746782acfd597aac674a3f9d82582989.jpeg (resized).jpg
TNA_playfield (resized).jpg
sampleonly (resized).jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

TNA was the highlight of the York show for me.I just did not understand the raving reviews in regard to this title after seeing gameplay online. After playing it my opinion of it totally changed. It's Fast,fun,and an excellent multiplayer game with ball lock stealing. Buy it cause you like it.
I would only be concerned if you don't have guests over often to play against and if it was going to be part of a very small collection.
I can see lots of these settling into larger collections long term but there will always be the" pinside flavor of the week " buyers who will resell in the first year or so.
All I know for sure is that I want one! Who cares what it's worth in the future!

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I am curious what your findings on location end up being. It's a game that I would love to get and put on location, but the cost would require $1/play, and in the Tucson market DMD Sterns are all .75 and LCD Sterns are $1/play. I'm just not sure how I feel asking for $1/play on a game that can be/is fast and brutal. Like I said, I'm very interested how it is on route after a few months.

Up here we use $1 Cdn loonie and $2 Cdn toonie coin mechs. I'll probably price it at $1/play initially and just keep an eye on the ball times and adjust things accordingly (extending the ball save, etc.) to ensure the value is there. If the average player doesn't mind paying $1 for a typically very short Ghostbusters game, then they should be alright with TNA too.

But I'm not putting it on location to make a profit really, just want to have it in our leagues and tournaments, available for friendly dollar games, and see how it does in general. If it turns out that there are people lined up to plug $4 in it at a time to play 2 minute dollar game matches, all the better!

I should add that I probably wouldn't be buying it NIB if I was just going to keep it at home in my small collection. I have other fast / brutal games there that cost a lot less to scratch that itch. In a larger collection, sure, but for me the main draw is to play it with/against others so on location makes sense, at least enough to allow me to justify the purchase. I really wanted to be able to support this venture for all the reasons HoakyPoaky mentions above. It's a bit of a stretch but every once in awhile you have to take a chance on something you believe in / feels right.

#53 6 years ago

Ok, I'll ask, and I'm sure it's already been asked, but I'm not going on some wild goose chase so here it is:

Looking at how sparse that PF is, why is this a $6k game?

Is it under the hood components? I'm struggling to see how this is the same price as TWD Prem in 2014 ($6200 if you need to exactly what it cost back then).

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Ok, I'll ask, and I'm sure it's already been asked, but I'm not going on some wild goose chase so here it is:
Is it under the hood components? I'm struggling to see how this is the same price as TWD Prem in 2014 ($6200 if you need to exactly what it cost back then).

If you look under the hood it looks like there's two TWD prems under there.

And spooky cannot build games as cheap as stern.

Just my guesses.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Its not 2014 and the same TWD is like $7200 now. The game is loaded underneath and it's a small boutique run. Everything costs more on smaller batches.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Its not 2014 and the same TWD is like $7200 now. The game is loaded underneath and it's a small boutique run. Everything costs more on smaller batches.

Is it small? I thought it was going to be endless?

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you look under the hood it looks like there's two TWD prems under there.
And spooky cannot build games as cheap as stern.
Just my guesses.

Quoted from jgentry:

Its alotof wiring for all the rgb lighting(insert and gi) and the cables/controllers for them ..... not a ton of mechs (which isn't a bad thing). Just my observation from seeing it at york. Also stern is just greedy now lol.... bought my twd nib not long ago for 6300 with mods.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To date ~200 TNA buyers, sure will be more but it’s probably not going to sell more than 500+ (my opinion) so likely as rare as most any Stern LE pin.

While it can be viewed as costing $800 more than a Stern pro TNA includes:

Topper
Service rails
Etched side rails
Real Backglass
Better audio (sub chamber)
Metal apron
Full color changing insert and GI lights

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ongoing sales until buyers fall off then a last call will be made by Spooky to wrap it up is how I understand it.

#60 6 years ago

Tons of wiring, boards/controllers and ribbons for all the rgb insert and gi lighting. 9a32679e746782acfd597aac674a3f9d82582989.jpeg (resized).jpg9a32679e746782acfd597aac674a3f9d82582989.jpeg (resized).jpg

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Tons of wiring, boards/controllers and ribbons for all the rgb insert and gi lighting.

And I believe I count 16 coils under there for those "not a ton of mechs" you talk about. But yes, a butt load of wires.

#62 6 years ago

Pretty crowded down the alright!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

And I believe I count 16 coils under there for those "not a ton of mechs" you talk about. But yes, a butt load of wires.

Yea that's around the standard/normal amount of coils used in a pin. Guess it just looked like less bc of no motors , magents , subways and stuff like that.. Dont matter tho ..some the best pins are pretty simple imo....more stuff dont always equal better. While this game isn't for me after playing it... i can see why folks like it.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea that's around the standard/normal amount of coils used in a pin. Guess it just looked like less bc of no motors , magents , subways and stuff like that.. Dont matter tho ..some the best pins are pretty simple imo....more stuff dont always equal better. While this game isn't for me after playing it... i can see why folks like it.

I believe it has 22 coils total. Plus every lamp is RGB

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I believe it has 22 coils total. Plus every lamp is RGB

Yea i love the lighting.... i think all new games sld at least have rgb inserts.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

tax and possibly some small extras so true NIB price is closer to $6500

yeah, I think after sales tax and the few add-ons I did price was just shy of 6400.

Damn WI tax man

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Actually I couldn't disagree with this statement more. Pinball is a fantastic hobby where if you decide to get out you probably will not lose much money in comparison to other hobbies.

That's new in the last 5-6 years or so. Prior to that it was a good way to throw money down a hole.

It'll go back to that soon enough.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That's new in the last 5-6 years or so. Prior to that it was a good way to throw money down a hole.
It'll go back to that soon enough.

I started in 2001 and it was the same way then.

#69 6 years ago

I totally get the question. It's not about trying to "invest" or "turn a profit"...it's about minimizing your risk of getting hurt financially. Thousands of dollars on a non-essential is a lot of money for my family. I'd be more likely to buy a game where the financial risk can be minimized, and that is a factor with any game I purchase. With TNA, I think there is a low risk. It's a bit of a niche game that will always have a market. With the newest Stern you can pretty much bet that within a year there will be 2-3 new games that could fill the same niche in your lineup. I don't see that happening with TNA.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I am a sucker for light shows and am falling in love with TNA, and am considering making it my first NIB. Not buying as an investment or anything, just curious what you think the resale value will be a year or two or three down the road?

You should consider any game you buy to be a total loss. It’s impossible to predict its value 2-3 years from now. Heck, 2-3 yrs from now a massive fiancial crisis could cause it to be worth 1/3 if it’s NIB value. Perhaps the pin market falls apart on its own because fewer people are interested?

NIB prices are super high across the board right now. Lots of recent games are selling below their NIB value.

Only buy to have and play... and if money is a factor, wait a year or two and buy second hand. That’s the best way to soften the blow if the market goes down.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Lots of recent games are selling below their NIB value.

The norm was you always took a hit on a NIB and it's this new generation of collectors who only buy NIB machines that expect them to appreciate or worst case break even. Just when I think the market is starting to correct itself I see $7500 TOM's and $5000 Congo's for sale so can't tell which way it's heading and I'm just glad I built my collection a long time ago.

4 weeks later
#72 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I don't give a rat's ass about TNA's resale value. That has zero influence on any of my pin purchases.
TNA is a modern-tech, early 80s Bally classic throwback on steroids, with a couple puffs of crack thrown in. It's the kind of design & brutal gameplay that I love so much, especially when it comes to those 1978-1987 classics.
It's exactly the type of game I've been praying someone would build. I never thought it would happen. But thankfully it did.
So I bought one Thank you Spooky! Thank you Scott!
I hope it's a huge success. I hope the industry learns something here & discovers there is a market for this type of game. Bring more early SS throwbacks to market, with original adult themes of fantasy, sci-fi, monsters & scantily clad women. Let the artists & designers go wild again & come up with some crazy cool ass shit. The kind of pin that deserves to be placed in a dimly lit bar & enjoyed with your drinking buddies.
It truly is time to resurrect & discover the greatness of early 80's pin design. TNA is the perfect start

Now that is the right attitude to have about pinball! I wish you were my neighbor.
I think this game would go well with my newly restored F14 Tomcat. I just wish I had more experience on the older SS tables it was designed after because where I live, I will never get to play one first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-value/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.