(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,391 posts
  • 489 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by joelbob
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 952 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8430 (resized).PNG
IMG_8429 (resized).PNG
IMG_8428 (resized).PNG
IMG_8426 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
20200404_202219 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200329_184714 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200329_184842 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200329_185022 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200329_185039 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200329_184934 (resized).jpg
20200219_193332.jpg
20200219_193323.jpg
20200219_142753 (resized).jpg
8028EB73-E334-448A-BD87-F89053C48D95 (resized).jpeg
20200215_094605 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (2 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (2 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (2 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (2 years ago)

Post #1958 Beacon LED upgrade and suggestions with photos. Posted by NimblePin (2 years ago)

Post #2335 Picture of how trough should look like from Scott D. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #2336 Switch adjustment suggestions. Posted by jar155 (1 year ago)

Post #2353 instructions on speaker grille add-on Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #2423 Fanless Power Supply. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #2439 Images for those looking to swap the PSU fan Posted by OnTheSnap (1 year ago)

Post #2527 Info on replacement higher quality screen. Posted by audihere (1 year ago)

Post #2738 Great list of mods to consider. Posted by 27dnast (1 year ago)

Post #2834 Suggestions on contrast settings Posted by mayuh (1 year ago)

Post #3712 Spooky highlight playfield problem Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #4116 Info on the washers. Posted by SpookyKT (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5494 9 months ago

OMG, just joined the club this morning.... Loving it! I'm on old software, any tricks to updating, or is it like a stern? Came with 102 plays on it, butter cab, Shaker, knocker, plastic protectors, and I just installed the lit rail mod. Wooohooooo! What a fun game.
IMG_20190705_142008817 (resized).jpg

#5497 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m still on old code as well. Love the pin.

Are there reasons to not update, or ya just havent? I feel compelled to do it asap

#5499 9 months ago

There is just something about this game....

IMG_20190705_230119251 (resized).jpg
#5501 9 months ago

I just upgraded to newest code.....easy peasy!

#5509 9 months ago

I updated to 1.3 recently and have been playing a lot. I haven't seen this happen on mine. I don't know what I'm talking about regarding this issue, but maybe try reseating the cables in the backbox? Possible you bumped or pulled a wire while you had it open?

#5514 9 months ago

Classy! Got my new shooter rod from Cointaker.
IMG_20190710_122648654 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190710_124025020 (resized).jpg

#5516 9 months ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

That's nice. Subtle and not too over the top.

I was looking at the bright yellow one that's out there, but it didn't really seem to "match" the game. I like this one better, and it was only 30 bucks.

#5523 9 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

That's fantastic! Just ordered one!

Cool. I actually think that yellow one looks good too, seeing it installed. This one is just kinda cool because it's a little sleeper I guess.

#5535 9 months ago

Anybody need the clear diffuser for the speaker LEDs? Bought it from ledocd and realize I don't need it. 15 shipped.

#5547 8 months ago

OMG. I just installed the speaker kit from spooky. LOOKS AWESOME!

#5563 8 months ago

So, it only covers the drops, not the whole giant plastic?

#5565 8 months ago

Hmmm
.... Does it make the grey area look different than the others....not sure my OCD could take that

#5576 8 months ago

Just put the Target decals on, and it really looks nice! Kinda pulls it all together.

1 week later
#5609 8 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

That is super strange. I have not noticed this at all on any of my test machines. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Thanks,
--Scott

Never had that happen. Then again, I'm pushing the start button as fast as I can to start another game

#5629 8 months ago

I don't really use that gauge, but the yellow vinyl really looks cool under there!

#5637 8 months ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Here's a sample of something i've slowly been working on, summertime lazyness. Optos track the plunger and will have different effects for ball waiting to plung and autoplunger. The paper is just acting as a diffuser and will not cover the main opening.[quoted image]

Sold, please let me know where to send payment!

#5677 7 months ago

I agree about the songs.... It's like a treat when you make it further that the song is new. Until I drain and curse the game!
I also have a rollover up top that usually doesn't register the first few times a ball goes over it, then kicks in for the remainder. Glad to see they are only 3 bucks! Think I will order a few just to have backup.

#5679 7 months ago

I tried to use as many off the shelf parts that I could to make this easier. You might want to try and adjust the switch first before replacing it. They usually don't go bad that quickly. It probably just needs a slight tweak.

Roger that.... But then I don't get to go on an impromptu shopping spree at pinball life!

1 week later
#5721 7 months ago

Well, my son and I have been playing a whole lotta TNA, and it looks like the three post sleeves up top have started wearing. They look substantially thinner than normal post sleeves. Which replacements are needed? I don't see anything in game specific on pinball life.

#5725 7 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

These are what you need. I always keep a few extras on hand. These thin post sleeves get beat up pretty quickly with the abuse TNA gives them.
https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

Thanks! Might hafta try purple

#5733 7 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Just a tip that you can clean these and rotate them around the post a few times to extend their lifespan a bit longer. They are very thin.

Yes, thanks. I rotated them because they looked dirty, but actually had wear, as in rubber peeling off. Think I'm gonna order clear, purple and black so I have a long supply

#5740 7 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Awesome. Yeah, I'm terrible at the lane changes for the ball saves. The worst is when I try to move it from the far right to the far left with three flips instead of going the other way with one flip (if that makes sense) -- I do this all the time. All I want is that bloody extra ball on the sixth reactor and I can die happy, but it's going to take one of those crazy lucky games to get it because I definitely lack the skill.

Ha! This exact thing crushed me today.

#5747 7 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Anyone else have the issue where most shots to the left scoop don't actually make it in most the time?

I bent the top downward slightly and it made quite an improvement. Still a tough shot, but direct hits sink way more now.

#5759 7 months ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Am I the only one that says “thank you” every time I start a game and she says “welcome to the future”?

Lol! Nope!

#5765 7 months ago
Quoted from davijc02:

It’s for reasons like this but that I think a Rage against the machine game would be epic. The game could instruct you to do something and you could just scream back, “F*uck you I won’t do what you tell me”.
Well back to TNA I put myself on the interested list for TNA 2.0. Hopefully it happens relatively soon

LMAO!

#5771 7 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Nice!
Is there a way we can add another LED to the original so we can light the insert and the target?

I was kinda thinking that while they look cool (even if a little wizard of Oz ish), it would annoy me to have non working inserts there.

2 weeks later
#5833 6 months ago

I can't believe this guy is getting his before me..... What did he create the game ?!

1 week later
#5850 6 months ago

Question:
Got a credit dot, and figured it must be the right scoop which I rarely hit. So I'm not sure how to see which switch is causing the credit dot. Hitting the scoop didn't immediately clear it. Just found a "clear service notifications" option. So I cleared it, but then had to restart the game. Just wondering how to see what triggers a credit dot.
Muchas gracias.

#5852 6 months ago

Next time that happens, go into the serive menu and select the Error Report. That will tell you what is going on. You can look at it even before a credit dot is issued and see any potential issues. It could be a jam opto, or shooter lane switch issue.
Hope that helps.
--Scott

Thanks! I'm going to go in there and poke around. I didn't see that option, but I may have been a teeny bit impatient

1 week later
#5884 6 months ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Thank you for sharing!! This is awesome!

I can't figure out what it is? Pics or vid?

2 weeks later
#5932 5 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I attached some pics of the install.
The first is the second power supply on the splitter with the block to the amp.
The second is a picture of the gauge light attached to the shooter gauge and the bracket for the board mounted, and the third is the same with the board mounted (before I tore off the trim pot knob )
The last picture is the shooter tip with the ring and reflective tape installed. It was super tight, so I ended up taking the tape off and putting it directly onto the shooter tip.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine in today! It's a really cool, well made mod. I'm grateful for hobbiests like Tom that put all this time in and sell mods so cheap. There could have been a much higher markup here. Looks awesome!

2 weeks later
#5991 5 months ago
Quoted from rai:

To be honest you should look into the brighter siren light that has been posted in this thread. It’s much nicer not that expensive.

It's a beacon, sirens make noise

1 week later
#6006 4 months ago
Quoted from procks:

I searched and it sounds like I need to adjust the leaf switch gap, but the photos I can find of leaf switches don't look anything like what I see underneath the sling when I lift the playfield (photo attached).
I also read that updating the firmware can help so I updated to beta and it doesn't machine gun any more but it does fire 2, 3, or 4 times instead of 1.[quoted image]

The part of those leaf switches that you adjust is above the playfield. Behind the rubbers and under the plastics. You can do it above or remove the two screws underneath and drop the assembly.

1 week later
#6042 4 months ago
Quoted from killborn:

Hey guys, I've been noticing a problem with the lights in attract mode where a handful of lights are not displaying the right colors.
This usually occurs after about a dozen games and it carries over from attract mode into a game. I've traced those bulbs back to their boards under the playfield and wiggled and occasionally that has helped. A couple of those connectors weren't seated all the way, so I removed the glue and reseated them, but that didn't resolve anything. Rebooting the game is the only thing that consistently resolves the issue, although it is only temporary.
The bulbs that are lit up in the first photo are the usual suspects, although it can seem more random at times. I'll see if I can post a gif if that helps.
I am also running 1.3
It's not that big of a deal, I just love the light show so much![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure if it's the same deal, bit I had a couple of g.i. bulbs that were more "yellowish" and wiggled and reseated the same way. I ended up ordering a few new bulbs from pinball life and it turns out those bulbs were bad. No problems since. I was so relieved.

#6053 4 months ago

*oops, I didn't refresh and duplicated the "take the bulb out" commentary

#6057 4 months ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

You could remove the LED from the button.

Great idea.....

#6071 4 months ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I put the taller Stern legs on mine. She stands prouder next to my other pins.[quoted image]

Hmmmm.... Never thought of that!

1 week later
#6083 4 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

All levelers fully lowered, TNA is about 1 1/2" lower than Medusa, but only 1/2" lower than Tron.
[quoted image]

Is that a Canadian ruler? It looks like way more than a half inch

1 week later
#6108 3 months ago

Holy crap! That actually looks bad ass all worn out like that.
--Scott

I was thinking that too, it looks like it's on purpose!

2 weeks later
#6148 3 months ago
Quoted from procks:

I love my TNA but I'm sensitive to electromagnetic radiation and feel kinda weird after even a short game. A few games and I'm pretty out of it. If you care (most folks don't) you can get a pretty cheap meter that will show you how much radiation is coming from any given source. I like this one:
amazon.com link »
TNA has quite a bit and of course you're standing right alongside and over it in order to play. I would guess it's the same with any modern pin although I noticed Stern started doing UL/CE certification on theirs which must cut down on it drastically. Any ideas for minimizing it on TNA?

I really can't tell if you're joking or not.

1 month later
#6210 64 days ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just picked up a TNA today.
Wow, very impressed and it exceeded my expectations. The sound system, lighting, and everything is so good. I didn't read anything about this machine, only watched a couple YouTube videos to make my decision.
If I was to have a complaint, it would be that the right orbit shot seems impossible to hit off the left flipper. Almost if the geometry is off a bit.. any tips on hitting it?
Other than that the game is a ton of fun and I am extremely impressed with the overall package that Scott & Spooky created.

That right orbit is definitely a beeotch. Thankfully, I suck so bad I rarely make it to a reactor that requires it!

#6244 60 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Full plunge, dead flip to right flipper, right flipper to lock?

For the love of Pete... It's a SUPER SECRET!

1 week later
#6258 50 days ago
Quoted from bsobie:

What is the safest way to hook up a powered external sub?

Of all games, I can't imagine this one needing an extra sub! I have never even thought of needing more sound or bass outta this thing!

#6260 50 days ago

I have had my game a while now. I love it, and have never updated any code. So, is it an ongoing beta thing or will there be a "final" version once the kinks are worked out?
I had considered updating, just to see what changed, bit it seems like it would be kinda quirky.

#6264 50 days ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Now that's funny. thought I broke smth.
If you can't tell I have not put a ton of plays on TnA yet.

Lol! That is hysterical!

#6273 49 days ago

My siderail light mod went dark today anyone have advice as far as components that might fail etc?

#6275 49 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Reach out to the company that made the mod.

Yes, I did. Just figured someone here might have found an easy thing to check. When something isn't right in my pinball world, it throws my universe out of whack!

1 month later
#6328 7 days ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Thanks everyone! Great suggestions. Ill play around with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Massillon, OH
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 265.00
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside