(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,939 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yyyyyikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6545 3 years ago

Well, since corona lockdown i've not turned a single pinball on until last night (mainly not to annoy my also-locked-in flat-mate (and that most of my machines are broken)).
But, I really wanted to try the new code.

Not sure if Scott the cat is listening, but...and I know from working with people, prototypes and changing things that it's always difficult to keep others happy...but...but... one of perhaps the top 3 best things in TNA was when the track kicked in on pinball launch - it's one of those things that subconsciously draws people in, even people who don't usually like pinball. It was the same for me seeing the original whitewood version and the direction the lights followed when the scoop threw the ball out. These little things (plus the fact it's not a license tie-in) are why I think it is the only game I've got new from box.

When I'm playing now - I actually don't even realise that the track has kicked in - the bass seems to be way down and now all I notice is a whoosh sound which I'd never before. Plunging can sometimes even trigger that sound 3 times as it must be associated with a few different switches. It's sort of....disappointing. Could there be a menu option for this - even if it's not on by default - as it seems strange to reduce the aesthetic of the game because some people have physically faulty machines. Could they not just install a ball eject protector or something

However...aside from that... I love the new vibrancy of the colo(u)rs. And...even though Space Station is my favourite classic - and loved the fact TNA had a green multiball - it does look better in blue. I'm deffo going to get the green protectors - it's just a huge bugger ordering from Pinball Life to the UK.
Also - as others have mentioned - the shaker is much stronger - only really noticeable when the reactor is set to blow - which can be for ages if you're as inaccurate as I am, but I feel the shaker levels feel much better on the small things, like locks and pops.

Overall - a great update, but would it be possible....maybe...to get the music back?
Thanks from (Not so)Great Britain, hope everyone's well over there.

#6547 3 years ago

Hi RAZ

I reckon either would look amazing. If I'd have been told there were 2 options (without Scott saying he wasn't a fan of the pink) - I would definitely have gone for pink as there's already loads of pink all over the machine. Just makes sense. But, the odd combination of green/blue sounds more weird and maybe more fun.

Only other machine I've got colours on is spider-man, orange plastics over blue leds behind, it looks awesome, 1000 times better.

#6550 3 years ago

Ah yeah Joel, I saw your rubbers work-around which looks really good actually. Think I'll still give it a go mainly cos i'm a sucker for any kind of mod.
But yes, ideally you'd cut the shape of the plastics in see-through and a trip in green. Just looking at my machine now, I've noticed that there's broken plastics in there - b*****r!

#6552 3 years ago

To be honest...I don't really know what I was talking about, I just didn't notice the music kick in and assumed something had been changed. Probably just going mad having been sober for so long (quit drinking when the lock-down started). It just seemed....different in some way.

Well done for the update - got me playing again!

*edit last post...trim not trip*

#6554 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Maybe you need to turn up the volume a bit.

That was the conclusion I came to! Gonna put the bass up a bit.

I think the shaker is better - just stronger! Has a really good feeling on the soft effects.

#6575 3 years ago

Like is spider.

Would there be any way to maybe have clear within green? so smaller, original top-plastic size clear glued/melted into larger green to keep the structural strength? or just too difficult to cut like that?

#6577 3 years ago

Yeah, the edge cut is the worry for sure. Reckon the pink plastics wouldn't change the original appearance of the top plastics as much, they're already a bit purple-ish. Still gonna go green though...

#6606 3 years ago

Bit off topic for a second, but while the spooky cougar is around, do the cliffy single drop protectors fit the lock targets?

a.la. cactus canyon? got quite a bit of wear on me lock number two.

Also...mighty fine work there spider, think you've left enough plastic to make it good.

#6612 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I have no clue unfortunately. Make sure your drops are as level as they can be with the playfield would be the #1 thing I would check here.
--Scott

The machine was on location for a while, and the lock 2 drop push down coil wasn't making the target drop, so it kept trying and trying moving the ball that was resting on it - i eventually upped the coil power level to max on that drop which made it drop 9 times out of 10 - it is actually a lot better now, seems to have worn itself in. Annoyingly, it would only happen when the playfield was flat (or near as dammit) so trying to work out why the mech wasn't resetting was nearly impossible. It was totally lined up, tight and seemed exactly the same as the other two. Just thought a cliffy might just help stop the wear spreading and they are pretty tidy as they only sit on the back edge of the hole. May order some anyhow, as I do own a Cactus and may well need them!

1 week later
#6662 3 years ago

i just ordered from Pinball Life !!!!

#6663 3 years ago

Damn...oh well. Was going to mention and not sure if it's related to the above posts.

I've had it a couple of times when restarting a game, it kicks another ball out - not at all a problem (i'm sure i've had rogue ball-save-like balls at times but can't be sure).

So, I think what happened was - crap first ball - held start to restart and plunged the ball away - then another ball kicked out which either I plunged or was auto-plunged.

The first time it happened though, the music kept playing - even though no game was running. Pressed Start and all was normal again.
As I say not a problem just thought you may want to know.

#6669 3 years ago

Scott, quick question - or anyone else that has them - i know the form factor is not quite the same, but would your tna mirror blades fit a system 11 game?
or could they be made to fit fairly easily.
would really like some in my spacestation, just to make it look a bit newer more than anything.

#6671 3 years ago

Got my Pinball Life shipment today, and Covid has had a good effect on shipping times. According to UPS: P-Life posted in Illinois on 4pm Friday afternoon, by 3.30am Saturday morning (UK time) they were in my local depot (UPS are now everywhere), so the actual last location given was Philadelphia at 7am Saturday(obvs US time) as this was the most recent time!

The UK being the UK, I didn't get it for another 2 days but well....still about 2 weeks faster than normal.

Anyhow...I've got some pics with the "Green" protectors half in so you can see the difference.

These are on the yellow end of the green spectrum, they look great when fitted. I think this colour works really well as yellow is used on the artwork as an outline and this is effectively what the plastics are doing. The plastics on top do not look washed out yellow much at all (at day) like others have said - honestly i think they look great fitted. They leave the black wooden bits (near the left outlane and shooter lane) look a bit neglected.

Purple/pink flipper bats with translucent lime bands anyone?

As it is daylight it is very difficult to see the difference right now as the protectors are brighter than the GI, especially when blue.

WP_20200504_001.jpgWP_20200504_001.jpgWP_20200504_002.jpgWP_20200504_002.jpg
#6700 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

My TNA got some hot pink love courtesy of robertstone0407.

That is freakin awesome.

1 week later
#6750 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So when does this mod come out?

Where's that from? Love it.

2 weeks later
#6870 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I was thinking it was something loose with the amp, I’m blaming the stronger shaker with the new code

Had problems with the sound since day 1 - when playing the sound starts distorting then goes totally bananas and the game has to be turned off.
i did actually report this to spooky at the time (few years back now) and they very kindly and quickly sent me a new speaker as i thought that was the problem.
Re-seating the speaker cables sorted it out a few times, but just recently (yes after the new code ) it went again, and half the sound is now out on the amp (temporarily i've wired left and right to the same output). Pretty sure this is all down to the shaker motor, i'm going to get a very similar if not the same amp replacement and put it in the back box i think, cable extensions to the sub.

3 years later
#11412 6 months ago

Hi all.

Just trying to resurrect my old tna.

The upper flipper wires are loose, does anyone have a close up photo of the correct wiring or can tell me which color wires go on which lug?

Thanks in advance.

#11414 6 months ago

That's perfect thanks very much, will try and fix it tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yyyyyikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=yyyyyikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.