(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,099 posts
  • 474 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Cammy
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 909 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

59703606999__786F7F70-60A1-4032-9541-DADB0C9FE140 (resized).JPG
IMG_7102 (resized).JPG
IMG_7226 (resized).JPG
IMG_7205 (resized).JPG
IMG_3380 (resized).jpg
A4418D7F-70A9-4350-A1B9-37A54A6E11D7 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
1EC1E079-CB9D-4D22-8D92-87651A355F12 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191120-111338 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191120-101050 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191120-101026 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191120-101003 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191120-091025 (resized).png
9BC74DF3-9B6F-4107-BA24-DCC7C2E823D2 (resized).jpeg
20191114_122253 (resized).jpg
20191114_122257 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (2 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (2 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (1 year ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (1 year ago)

Post #1958 Beacon LED upgrade and suggestions with photos. Posted by NimblePin (1 year ago)

Post #2335 Picture of how trough should look like from Scott D. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #2336 Switch adjustment suggestions. Posted by jar155 (1 year ago)

Post #2353 instructions on speaker grille add-on Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #2423 Fanless Power Supply. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #2439 Images for those looking to swap the PSU fan Posted by OnTheSnap (1 year ago)

Post #2527 Info on replacement higher quality screen. Posted by audihere (1 year ago)

Post #2738 Great list of mods to consider. Posted by 27dnast (1 year ago)

Post #2834 Suggestions on contrast settings Posted by mayuh (1 year ago)

Post #3712 Spooky highlight playfield problem Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #4116 Info on the washers. Posted by SpookyKT (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xbmanx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3686 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Spooky's Session at Pinball Expo. Was fantastic...

Thanks for posting - wanted to see this

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Just set up my TNA #343 looks great and plays fast.
My question the beacon does not seem to be active, where can I find the beacon test? Is it possible that it is not plugged in, when will it normally light up?
Thanks
[quoted image]

you can also just activate the reactor with the glass off and see if it works...i thought mine didnt work but it did

1 month later
#3954 1 year ago

My machine just keeps kicking out balls one after another endlessly so you can't actually play a game. I'm not super technical and I did email spooky and they got back to me very very quickly, I just don't 100% understand it so maybe someone can dummy it down for me. This is what they said but if you have any ideas im open to them. Thanks

----------

How many balls are in the game?

The ball jam opto is the top opto on the end of the trough. There are two optos. The lower is the ball 1 trough and the top is the ball jam opto. If you remove the balls from the game do you still get this error? Generally this opto should only be active is if there is a ball stacked on top of another ball, therefore blocking the "ball jam" opto. If it is showing this switch without a ball jammed, then it can be a dirty opto, bad opto, or bad wiring.

--------

#3957 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

My machine just keeps kicking out balls one after another endlessly so you can't actually play a game. I'm not super technical and I did email spooky and they got back to me very very quickly, I just don't 100% understand it so maybe someone can dummy it down for me. This is what they said but if you have any ideas im open to them. Thanks
----------
How many balls are in the game?
The ball jam opto is the top opto on the end of the trough. There are two optos. The lower is the ball 1 trough and the top is the ball jam opto. If you remove the balls from the game do you still get this error? Generally this opto should only be active is if there is a ball stacked on top of another ball, therefore blocking the "ball jam" opto. If it is showing this switch without a ball jammed, then it can be a dirty opto, bad opto, or bad wiring.
--------

I was able to test the optos and they both work fine when i pass my finger over them according to the switch test. The coil to kick the balls out just keeps going off. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you

#3963 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Is the switch in the shooter lane working correctly?

Yes

#3964 1 year ago

Support thinks it’s a bad opto jam board so that’s the next thing to try to fix this. I have to say that support has been VERY responsive which i appreciate.

#3974 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

hehe. they are good people.
fyi, I am that people.

I wish their warranty were better though. The game is 6 months old and the part isn't under warranty because the machine is on location. I can tell you that Stern would be sending me that part with no issue.

#3978 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

In Cinci at a show... email us Monday and we'll take care of it.

Ordered the part already but thanks for the offer

#3988 1 year ago

Is there a manual, parts guide and documentation of what does what in the game anywhere to help with troubleshooting?

#3997 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Ugh, I'm already losing paint around the post next to the scoop. I lost a small bit under the post and tried putting more Mylar underneath to prevent further damage, but after playing the Mylar doesn't stay in place.
I may have to Mylar a larger area, but this makes me sick. I'm also concerned that if I ever remove the Mylar, it will just pull the pant off. I don't understand why the clear isn't protecting it.
[quoted image]

Same here by 2 different posts. This playfield has held up worse and is showing earlier damage then any other game I own or have seen wear since NIB.

#3999 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What ever protection they put under those posts failed miserably. All mine curled up under and around the posts and I had to remove them. I also have paint gone around the post by the scoop as a direct result of the mylar or what it is they used - not from game play.

Not good.

2 weeks later
#4284 11 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

in tourney you would have to report that situation.

My TNA has been kicked out of every single tournament it’s been in on location for one reason or another. Most of them relating to the way the tilt works in the game and one player can tilt through to the next no matter what you do.

2 weeks later
#4458 11 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

[quoted image]
TNA Code Update!!!
It is finally here in all of its glory. Version 1.3.0 with many new features and bug fixes. Please see the change log below. The code can be downloaded from the link below as well. As always, let me know if you encounter any issues with the software and I can address them. Enjoy!

Scott,

I installed the code yesterday and one thing that happened 3-4 times is this.

Let's say you have 2 tilt warnings. You then have a ball go into the locks and tilt at the same time. The machine indefinitely freezes up on the tilt screen. It then goes into ball search. Sometimes it unlocks the ball from the lock and continues the game and sometimes it doesnt and the game just endlessly sits on tilt and you have to restart the machine.

#4527 11 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Scott, think you already answered this but maybe you (or someone else) can diagnose.
Balls are randomly added to game. At some points when it gets real bad it’s continuous and balls are thrown into the game as quickly as they can drain. So I’ll get like a 4 ball Multiball going for no reason.
Something to do with the trough?
Also, it might be time to go through my game and tighten stuff up... the pop fell apart and it’s hardware was laying on the bottom of the cabinet. Powerful shaker!

i had to replace my opto boards

#4536 11 months ago
Quoted from supermoot:

Like the ones on the trough? I haven't looked too closely, had this issue spring up recently.

Yes

2 months later
#4992 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

We only hire genious'. The place is full of them.
Terry.

...And so modest Just kidding, love your site and products.

1 week later
#5026 8 months ago

I'm extraordinarily unhappy with how my TNA has worn around the posts and slings. The solution is not good at all either.

#5038 8 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

spookycharlie would it be possible to tell us what happened that caused this bit of annoyance with the playfields? I completely understand if you cannot talk about it. I wondered if the details would help people get the closure they are seeking?

Bit of annoyance? Who wants to buy something that’s thousands of dollars and clearly not ready for real world use and have it’s intended use actually destroy it? The only “bit of annoyance” is your post.

#5040 8 months ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Sell the machine if it's that much of an issue for you.

$7,000 (my cost) and it’s yours

Let me know where I should send payment details

#5090 8 months ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Honestly I really feel for Charlie and Spooky. Charlie, if you are reading this, for every one unreasonable customer, you have 99 that are absolutely thrilled with your product and looking forward to your next release. Believe me in this case, it’s not you or your company that’s the problem, it’s the client. I am sooooo impressed with your responses and you keeping your cool. That says a lot about you. I deal with people like this in my business and it’s just an unfortunate side of humanity. You handled it the right way, as most other people who don’t care would have ignored them. Good on ya! Looking forward to my next butter cabinet pin from you

At least you aren’t too proud to kiss ass publicly. Good for you having no shame.

1 month later
#5317 7 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I’m sure some of you know already, but this sort of thing is happening on Pirates as well.
And probably many other games..

What is? The playfield damage caused by star posts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xbmanx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside