(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm putting down a deposit today. Can't wait for this beast!

what took you so long

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

We wanted to be in a later run, so it was kind of planned. I didn't expect it to go to run 3/4 so early (Awesome news for Spooky and Scott) and the Mrs didn't want to wait more than 6 months for our copy, so she was like "TAKE MY MONEY NOW!" I couldn't say no

luckily you will be able to play mine till yours arrives

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

#4 here. I smell a roadtrip when they're done.

does it smell like geritol and denture cream?

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I have to laugh at all the people fawning over the direct print cabinets when back in the 90's it was the STANDARD method - screenprinted art with spot (ie. bright, vibrant) colour inks. Now it's a high-cost option.
Sigh.

if you think the process form the 90s is even remotely close to what this offering is... well you should do a little more research.

1 month later
#197 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Machines #1 and #2 have been shipped?

News to me...

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

PM me your address and I will send one out. I have never mailed flyers before, so I'm not sure the best way to do it, but I'll figure it out.

I run them through the shredder and then they fit in a really small envelope.

Reciepient can just tape it back together

1 week later
#270 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Wow surprised we're not above 200 yet. Pretty sure that'll change in the next day or two after the Pinball Life party. Anyone know where we're at in line for actual shipped units? Other than whysnow and the one at York, I haven't seen any other unboxing pics yet.
The anticipation continues...

I think those are the only 2 currently outside the factory walls. I believe that will all change VERY soon.

They had lots in stages of completion when I was there last Thursday.

#293 6 years ago

Anyone notice themirror blades atpblife on the butter cab?

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

True, but he is doing the code and what not. He's the man behind this project. I just think it would be ideal for him to keep all attention on the in production game. He said on K's podcast that was what he planned to do.

game is being delivered already as code complete.

bug updates but aside from that Scott has done his job. Team spooky is doing assembly. Scott is hopefully taking a much deserved break in the near future and then hopefully finds some passion to make #2
I can say the guy is a damn genious and I hope we see more pinball out of him sooner rather than later.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I keep going back and forth between TNA and Houdini. I was really, really close to pulling the trigger in TNA but then I got interested in Houdini again. Such different games. I wish I had the funds for both.

I like the idea of Houdini, but personally find it to shoot poorly (just my taste). In particular the whole right side shots are too tight and not very satisfying to hit. I put a few games on the most recent examples at Expo and while funr to explore it did not have much replay value for me. I still look forward to playing a full production machine at some point, but TNA is super addictive if you like that style of game play and the shots are really satifying.

1 week later
#371 6 years ago

Official WI TNA Launch Party

Where: Alt Brew
1808 Wright St
Madison, WI

When; Sat Dec 9th 11am-4pm qualifying; 4pmish playoffs

What: TNA official launch party hosted by Madison Pinball and Scott D

How: First game free; unlimited entry for qualifying. Playoff on multiple games for the WPPR hunters.

Why: Because this game kicks ass and Scott D will be coming to hang out, talk pinball, and likely school us all on some TNA.

Hoping we may get some other friends from team Spooky to swing over for some fun. I will offer to buy Ben Heck a beer... that should do it
Maybe old man Kelly will come hang out with us and restock on Spotted Cow?

2 weeks later
#420 6 years ago

Sweet!

#430 6 years ago

I agree! Would love to see a great bonus count up at end of ball, plus ability to make it go faster with flipper button press.

Good bonus count up is so satisfying

1 week later
#493 6 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Anybody else getting balls stuck like this? Has happened twice now for me, during a multiball when a ball comes off the right sling and heads directly for the left sling, and gets there just as a ball triggers the left sling so it is extended. In goes the ball. Never had this happen on another game. Wondering if it is preventable? Tighter rubber? Sorry for the blurry picture.

go down 1/4 inch in sling size.

or
just pull the sling rubber so it is tighter on the kicker side and takes the slack up on the inlane side.

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That would never last. After a few hits the tension will equalize all around.

Nope, works fine.

Did it two weeks ago and has been fine since. Have used the same trick on many other games. Happens on new or freshly waxed games that use silicone rubbers.

#508 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

thenotrashcougar Any thoughts around adding an option to randomize the Reactor music? I know im not the greatest player in the world and if I'm only getting to reactor 2 on average per game it might be cool to have the reactor music play randomly instead of hearing just the same two over and over.
What is everyone's thought on this?

I personally dont like the idea of randomized as a default, but I always think options are good.

I think it would be nice to have a user setting of
Reactor Music 1 = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, Random. This would allow a user to select for themselves. I personally could see after a few months bumpring the value from 1 to 2, so i could then hear music from 2, 3, 4 on a more regular baisis (since I often make it through 3 or 4 reactors). Then a few months later bumping it to 3... Hopefully that makes sense.

#513 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’d like to see an option to have the music mixed up. I’ll never hear the later tracts without this feature.

you will get deeper in the game. When I first got mine I was never getting past reactor 2. I now regularly make it 4 deep and have seen 5.

It honestly is one of the bonuses of this game that keep you coming back for more. I just want to hear the next track Then I want to not fail and actually hear it for a bit more the next time I make it there.

I am a decent player, but I know with practice I will eventually see the end of the game. (It will take years, but is an accompliable goal, esp since default EBs happen at 3 and 6?)

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from Blange:

Anyone know if one of these will be in Milwaukee anytime soon?

I was told that 1 or 2 MKE operators are possibly coming over to the Launch Party in Madison on Dec 9th to see if they want to buy. You should come over and help convince them

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I hope it knocks 3 times when you put up a GC score! Old school!

100000% please! (I have not installed my knocker yet)

#657 6 years ago

yeah, front (lockdown bar) height is nearly identcial to modern games.

TNA was originally built in a Dolly Parton cabinent and pretty sure that is what the current cab is based on. It looks nearly identical to classic Bally cab.

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Has anyone gotten past the 7th reactor yet?

I have made it to 5 three times and defeated 5 once.

So sad to not make it to 6 and get that second EB... It will happen eventually.

1 week later
#758 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I knew it would pay off driving a vehicle that's old enough to still have a cassette player in the dash!

Mike > are you getting a TNA yet?

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm too impulsive and impatient for pre-orders. I may buy one 2nd hand or wait until production is caught up which could be a long time with all the orders going in!

luckily you can come play mine

LMK if you want to grab some games some afternoon in the next week.

I could blow off work later today

1 week later
#802 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Anyone in the 60’s or 70’s get calls that their game is ready?

spooky recently posted on Fbook about grabbing another batch of parts for the next 25 games. I assume those are for #51 onwards to be built?

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Charlie said that they were going to be finished with 75 or close to it by end of 2017. Just curious if they pulled that off.

good point. Maybe the parts were for 76+ and 51-75 are nearing completion.

I am sure it is a tight ship of managing all the parts inventory to build just enough at the right time.

You guys are going to be stoked when you get your games!

#813 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I’m #64. Nothing yet but it expecting it any week now.

that is awesome Tom!!!

Glad you found a spot! I am guessing with your current love of the classics combined with your love for the modern stuff, that TNA is really going to be a hit for you and the family!

#815 6 years ago

yeah, the extended family

I figured the boys will like this one also.

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

TnA in the wild at CBar in Portland

Lets see the overhead tv rig also

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

I fail to see the dickitry

Someone must not have gotten a nap today

#885 6 years ago

Hey Scott >> Any plans on when to expect new code ?

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Got word mine will be ready by next week.

Bring it to WI SCS

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What are you going to plug into the power adapter?

boxing glove coin door nut puncher

#1008 6 years ago

anyone starts bastardizing the game lighting and I think they deserve a nut punch.

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I have addressed this in the code today!

Scott, I think this is a bit more granular.

A player should have the ability to receive both dangers and full tilts the entire time that their bonus count down is happening. If the game tilts and the bonus is not completely finished counting down, then they should lose the entire bonus.

Then the ball goes to shooter lane for the next player and it would be nice to have a longer debounce during this time to prevent a big move from player 1 negatively impacting player 2 by giving them a warning before they even plunge the ball.

Of note, that the debounce should not be too long at this time because a REALLY big move should in fact cause the tilt bob to still be moving and player 1 should incur some risk from a super big move (that risk is that they possibly tilt through player 2 and DQ themselves). Some of this fine tuning should be from the operator adjusting the tilt debounce. Factory default is a bit too long IMO so I have adjusted it down to something like 1.2-1.5 and that allows you to have a slightly more liberal physical bob setting but a more appropriately sensitive game.

TBT, I suggest a day of big moves on some of your other games to get an idea for how they each react during multiplayer games

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It means that player 1 makes a big move and receives a danger, double danger, or tilt and ends his ball, but as the game moves to player 2, the tilt bob is still moving enough so that player 2 gets a danger from player 1's big move, thus decreasing player 2's tilt warning down to one. (instead of they typical 2).
My Gorgar does this from ball to ball quite often, where I'll tilt on ball 1, but the tilt bob is still moving when the game goes into ball 2 and gives me a warning while the ball is still in the shooter lane.

good explanation. Currently on TNA player 1 can just get warnings, not tilt through, but still inadvertently give warnings to player 2.

The sweet spot will be so this never happens. If player 1 is able to give a tilt warning to player 2 then they should have also tilted their own ball first

I think in the current code that once bonus coutdown begins, the game does not allow you to tilt out? Is that correct?

#1077 6 years ago

This is what I am going to go with. Warnings and tilt hits will not be triggered if the bonus count has been started.

Fine with whatever you decide

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Not during the Twippys!

following

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

People actually give a shit about that?

I dont think so (I honestly hope not), but I am guessing anyone in the running will want to watch for the hope of winning (everyone likes to win)

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, I wish we had an operator like you near me. Let us know how it holds up with all this packing and moving around and how many plays it gets along the journey.

what are you waiting for???

You are an active problem solver... Make it happen and put a few games out in your area! You will love it!

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Yes Tiger, let’s start with TAF and Medusa at $0.50 per play.

your EBD and GB would make a solid 4 lineup to start

#1186 6 years ago

3) there is a "restart" delay at the end of the game currently that has been reduced in the next release.

awesome!

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm looking for some info from other operators that have the game out in the wild. I'm curious what people are doing for pricing and for the physical setup of the game.
I checked my audits after 24 hours and around 60 plays and noticed the game times were incredibly short. I increased the ball save time a bit to start with. I hung out at my location last night for about 3 hours, in those 3 hours a ball got shot under the right sling rubber 3 times. I reduced the power on the slings from 8 down to 6. I think I'm going to head back tonight and close the outlanes a bit as well. I want people to enjoy playing the game and I could tell some people last night were getting frustrated with its speed. Thinking about reducing flipper power as well, anyone done this yet?
I originally planned to price the game at $.75 with buy 3 get one free to encourage 4-player games, everything else at my location is $.50, but after seeing how short the games were I felt I need to leave it at $.50 as well. What are some of you doing for pricing?
I added mylar to the shooter lane and it has the plastic protectors, otherwise anything people are doing for protection anywhere on the game?

Game #2 has been out for a few months.

This is a $6300 game so it is priced the same as other new stuff... $1 per play. Now that it has been a few months I will adjust that to 3 plays for $2 (or like you said to encourage 4 player games I will probably do 4 plays for $3) Honestly I see no reason to do so cheap (only .50) on a brand new game but if that is what you do for everything else then you may have to???

Close down outlanes, turn up ball saver, and wait it out is my advice.

Game times have steadily gone up as players have learned how to play and are near 3 min now.

I have no protection besides the plastic protectors and so far I see no reason for anything else.

Slingshot rubbers >> go down 1/4 inch (I think they are 2.5? so go down to 2.25) and that seems to have solved the ball under sling issue from speedy balls (seems to happen during multiball). I have not had any issues since down sizing rubber.

#1199 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Who makes a 2 1/4" ring?

Must have been a 2? I just grabbed the next smallest from the bucket of rings.

I am not sure off the top of my head what size is on there, but go down one size.

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

If this is the case, will Spooky start shipping it with smaller rubbers?

I would suggest they do not! Going to a smaller runner was a suggestion for on route where a stuck ball under a sling means time wasted for Tommy and the game not earning while the ball is stuck.

The stuck ball under the sling is very rare and in a home environment is not a big deal since you just take off the glass and pull the ball

The risk of a smaller ring is that it will break and it does give the game different action and require readjusting the sling switches. i do NOT think going down a sling size is needed nor would I recommend to home users.

Reality is that the game is FAST and chaotic during multiball. With that equation, balls are going to go under slings. The game will slow down slightly for Tommy after a few hundred plays and likelyhood goes down.

#1206 6 years ago

Backing the sling power down to 6 helps this completely.

good to know!

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

My wife is not a huge pinball fan and I am always trying to find ways to get her interested. I just started playing track one on the album in my house and she came up stairs and goes “what music is that and where is it from, I love it”.
I wouldn’t tell her anything I just said I came across it on the internet. When my TNA arrives I want her to hear the music coming from the pinball machine and hopefully she will be open to playing.

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#1334 6 years ago

Mine is still out on route at AltBrew in Madison and rockin.
1808 wright st if anyone ever wants to stop and chck it out on the way through town.

#1340 6 years ago

so is TNA officially the most selling Spooky game now?

I have to assume #301 sold in the past day...

#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It sure seems that way and they are not done yet. Could be that Spooky will begin to shed the boutique pinball image after this and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people.

Yeah, I think they are going to hit 500 plus on TNA.

The reality is the thing earns VERY well on location. Since I was an early adopter you always assume at first it is just the novelty factor and things will dip off over time (as more games get out on route). Reality is, that the earnings are as strong as ever and from both casuals and pinheads alike. Despite there being at least 3 TNA on route in WI, earnings are just as strong as the first month.

As more operators get more confidence and hear more similar stories then they will buy also. Of note that working on and maintaining TNA has been super easy and a breeze to wipe down and keep clean (do to street level). Production quality is top notch IME for TNA. I know people had early concerns about 'garage feel of spooky' but this is a whole new level of quality and construction. As more people change that perception, then sales will fuel more.

I think most sales up till now are home market fueled, but expect the route sales to really explode over the next year.

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

About to put mine out on location and am wondering what settings you're using for the flipper strength, slingshots, etc.?
I'm going to put some protection in the shooter land and in front of the left scoop kickout as well. I noticed the "new playfield" dimpling is pretty intense in front of that scoop.
I'm a little worried about the all the connectors used in this game, combined with the intense/sustained shaker motor activity (and sub, for that matter). Seems like connectors working lose could become a real problem (hope not). Do you have a shaker in your machine, and if so did you dial it down in intensity to perserve the game?

I am running newest beta code which has all coil settings at Bryan Kelly recommendations (I believe same as previous code, just turned down the slingshots 1 or 2). The slingshots turned down gets rid of multiballs under sling rubber effect that happened early on.

No shaker as I NEVER use a shaker on a route game. Things get loose over time so no reason to expedite that with stupid shaking IMO.

Playfield is rock solid! Dimpling happens on EVERY playfield. Wear is non-existent on TNA IME and no real need for any mylar that I have seen. I mean, feel free to put it down, but from what I see, this is the best playfield out there and tough.

Connectors are all with a dab of hot glue to keep them in place. I have had the game since Sept and no issues with any coming loose.

#1365 6 years ago

Can we PLEASE impose a NO SPOILERS clause here?

I know I will eventually blow up the 9th reactor and I dont want the surprise ruined. Seriously, the most achievable but challenging thing in pinball for me currently and really lame if someone is being a dick to publish this. I skimmed the post and tuned out whatever was said... please dont be a dick!

#1369 6 years ago

He didn't describe anything. No worries man.

cool. I saw mention of final reactor and scrolled past. In general it would be nice to maintain this as a no spoilers thread. If someone wants to talk about the end of the game then they can go start a spoilers specific thread please.

#1376 6 years ago

damnit!

#1407 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Black Hole higher there too or just out further? All of my machines are at 37 1/2.

You have gottliebs... they use taller legs.

If you want you can put gtb legs on tna tomake it taller.

#1409 6 years ago

You are right, i was thinking all gtb are taller. Just premiers, correct?

#1425 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wow! Your right! Did you also notice that some of the games are wider than the other ones too?!
Ed I would not even play the rest of this games considering they aren’t the right height compared to your TNA.
Congrats on the pickup!

Lol

1 week later
#1514 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It's getting a little old watching the operator games moving ahead. I get it from a business standpoint, but my goodwill is fading a little each time it happens.

I would not assume any person is moving ahead at this point. Many of these guys are just regular people that happen to also put their personal game put on route.

I was legitimately the second buyer. I tried to move up, but that famous singer dude had more clout

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Are cliffys recommended or is there no need for that? Is chipping at the holes normal for any pin or are some pins ( maybe like TNA ) durable enough so the clearcoat won't chip? I'm only on my first pin so not sure what to expect

on route since Sept and no chipping, hole wear, anything like that from what I have seen.

Would be nice to get photos from some of the more popular locations like Tilt in MN or the BBQ joint in LA where I am sure they are at 10,000 plus plays now.

#1564 6 years ago

so AWESOME!!!

#1566 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

What is the "secret skill shot"? If this new code removes it, I would like to try before I update.

it is a secret.

New code does not remove it. New code prevent you from short plunging and cheating the real SSS (that is a hint I suppose).

You will know when you get it as there is a call out and points for it.

#1592 6 years ago

I know, I know, that just disappoints me greatly. If player leaves a ball or two in the lock at the end of their ball, it is their fault. I will probably have to add the dump logic though.

NO DUMP LOGIC!!!

PLAY BETTER!

Fing whiny tournament players ruin everything. Ball locks and stealing are completely within the players control. Dont want your balls stolen, then dont lock or cash in before you drain.

#1596 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

I am not advocating for it... heck, I would be shocked if I ever enabled that on my machine... it just sounds like there are more and more requests for some sort of tournament setting.

the only thing a tournament setting should do is:

1. a specific order of mystery awards
2. a specific order of reactor kill shots

Those are the only thing currently outside of player control. Dumping locked balls is just silly and removes a huge part of the strategy and risk v reward to a competitive game on it.

#1605 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Keep the lock stealing!!

I agree. Always fun to play with someone else's balls

2 weeks later
#1801 6 years ago

But I still say officially, do not change your amp settings.

quick suggestion.

Have the factory put a white mark on edge of dial for suggested amp settings.
Thins get moved in transit or when reaching around in the cab. Nice to have it for reminder of best practice on position.

1 week later
#1912 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The leftover target in the production version auf GotG is used for short ball locks also (wich is nothing new, Star Trek did this also) but therefore it's relatively safe to assume that this would have been a ball lock.

Notthe possible spacing or optos for stealing the scott lock. That is just metallica inline drops which obviously got cut from bom for production.

#1916 6 years ago

Back on topic...

CO OPmode ROCKS! So much fun and big thx for adding this!

Also need CO OP versus mode!

#1926 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Coop was the way to go for fellas at TPF Saturday afternoon. Really great time there... and whysnow isn’t half bad either; boys got skill

fun to be able to hang w/ you and play some games! Always great to find a pinhead with such similar taste in games and then we become easy friends in real life!

Wish I lived closer and could help out with your game room build project!

#1938 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

What's the deal with Co-op mode?

It was beta testing at TPF this weekend. Peoepl learned about it mainly form a few streamers (Owlnonymous) that had the co-op beta before TPF.
Word spread on how to start up games and people played a bunch of co-op

It is basically where you select to play as a team (2, 3, or 4 players) to try and beat the game. Everyone has the same score except last digit denotes # of reactor kill shots.

You keep your own lane saves, but everything else is as a team.

Way fun!

Hopefully co-op versus (players 1 and 3 vs 2 and 4) becomes a reality also.

#1941 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Thanks for the explanation. So only available to inside beta testers currently.
That does sound fun, and 2nd the idea of 2, 2 player teams vs. mode. Be a great fun-tournament entry!

rumor is that it will be out of beta testing soon and available to the general public.

Fingers crossed for soon I want to play it more!

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Should I plan on waxing TNA's playfield? ( sorry for the newb question, just not sure if it's needed with that type of clearcoat or just wipe it down with a cloth ) I also have a bunch of extra mylar sheets, are there spots I can use those on for TNA?

clean with novus and wax with good 100% carnuba is cool (buff off the wax after it drie in case that was not clear).

Keep in mind that TNA is FAST already so wax will make it faster

I find no need for any additional mylar.

#1961 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Has anybody had any mechanical problems with their TNA? If so, how was it addressed by Spooky?
I got to play the unit that was in the TPF tournament area after tournament was over. This TNA lives in the arcade in Oklahoma City and I wanted to play it when coming home to Kansas. I dropped 3 coins and played one game. I dropped 3 more coins to play a second game and the ball lock mechanism locked up and had a ball trapped and would not allow a game to start. The arcade refunded my money but it left me wanting to know how this type of (warranty ?? ) work is covered with the manufacturer.

Sounds like a wire came off either the opto to detect the ball there or the small release coil on that drop target where the ball was stuck?

With all pinball, simple and common repairs like soldering a wire that has come off, are on the owner. Esp after your game has had a few hundred plays (probably got over 500 just at TPF)

As for actual warranty stuff (a part prematurely breaks) they are the best in the business in my experience.

#2011 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Could you add some pop up gopher mechs?

and a fireball spinner!

lol

#2013 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Damn it’s hot in here, all the flames are making me sweat beads of glory.
You don’t know if you don’t ask, I have a machine that can do this and it’s an incredible feature. I didn’t understand the intricacies of the code with the music, OK fine. Scott thank you for being a gentleman.

lol, dont sweat too much. Scott loves the sharing of ideas even if pinside shuts you down

#2018 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I will need a menu option to make it a 3 reactor wizard mode.

already an option. You can set it to 1 if you want

Actually a fun 4 player dollar game as it changes the strategy of when/how to kill your only reactor to max points.

#2032 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I wouldn't want to change the music....but maybe an option to randomize the reactor songs would be nice. That way I'll actually be able to hear the music for reactors 5,6,7,8,9 in my lifetime.

Co-OP mode has solved that for you

2, 3, or 4 players all on the same team working together to blow up all 9 reactors.

#2061 6 years ago

I would like a mod/topper that is an arm which gives my a Doug style high five anytime I get a new high score.

Can someone please make that happen?

#2072 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

His foggy phone pics will make that topper fit with all the fog machine talk as well.

next mod idea... Doug's actual cell phone

It takes your high score photo (ala Dialed in) but of course it is so blurry that nobody will ever know it is you, lol!

#2091 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How often can you guys get action on the upper flipper when you get the ball into the upper play field? I played about 15 games on location and it seemed that less than 50% of the time could I get the ball over to the flipper and sometimes it would miss the scoop entirely when falling thru.
I also had a lot of rebounds from the reactor jackpot targets sdtm.
Other than those 2 things, the game was addicting.

Upper pf flipper action for me is the majority of the time it goes up there. If your slings up there are not sensitive switch adjusted then try giving it a nidge up when the ball comes down from the upper lanes to get some action.

As for missing with a fall thru, you will learn the skill of ensuring to slow the ball down once you need to drop into scoop to enable a reactor onlines.

Once you get your own game or more time on one, you will adjust to this.

#2101 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wow, that's a lot of out of the box adjusting. Are they all needing this? Heard about the springs and was hoping they changed to the newer heavier springs at Spooky. Guess when I get the call I should order those to have on hand.

Nope, besides springs on the first few batches, i don't think there has been much.

Like any machine, you should check all for tightness before playing. I think the flipper springs are fixed on newest batches?

#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I've had two NIB. Hobbit needed no adjustments and SW premium had one loose connector to an opto that needed a little push. So, springs, weather stripping, and multiple speaker adjustments seems like a lot to me for a NIB. Not starting an argument, just letting you know where I'm coming from.

Only thing that was needed in that case was springs. The rest was things done as a personal preference as that owner seemed to have a rattle with base turned up. At least that is how I ready it.

You don't need anything like what was listed.

#2137 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.
Unfortunately this one is on location but I will mention it next time I am there.

my tip was for you to just nudge the game when the ball is dropping into the upper pf area. Often a correctly timed nudge is enough to get that first sling to fire (even if the switch needs some adjustment to be more sensitive) and then you will get more action in the upper pf area.

Best if of course to ask the operator to adjust the switches for a bit more sling action.

1 week later
#2269 6 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I searched but couldn't find the answer. Are there extra balls other than the one at reactor 3? I swear I saw Bowen get like 3 in one game at MGC, but maybe I am mistaken.
I asked Scott a million rules questions (ok maybe 5), so I don't want to be a nuisance

3 and 6

#2308 6 years ago

Jim, you should let everyone know where that is so they can come out and play it!

That makes for 2 TNAs in Madison now.

Both are about 3 big blocks from each other.
Mine is still at Alt Brew (the 6+ on the map)
Jims is at Ale Asylum (the 4 on the map)

Both are great Breweries in Madison!

So nice to have more great pinball that is well maintained in town!

TNAs (resized).PNGTNAs (resized).PNG

3 weeks later
#2537 5 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Ok, so why are other replacing them? fun?

some people like to mod to make their game different or improve it in their eyes. Modding is a big part of the hobby for some.

since audihere is affiliated with colordmd, I am guessing they are playing around with the idea on how to find new markets since colordmd is nearing completion for all DMD related games.

as for the loud fan and topper light gear, I think just personal preference. Some people get really fixated on any sound they think should not be in a game.

reminds me of my pops who was a car guy. On more than one occasion he returned a car to a dealer or sold it because it had a noise or squeak that would occasionally happen and it drove him nuts.

#2540 5 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

There are mods and fixes, and the loud power supply, loud light and now 'washed out' lcd are fixes to me. I see I'll get roasted if I bring up anything negative so I'll keep my comments to myself, but I have a weird gut feeling about this.

nah, you are fine to think of them as needed fixes. Everyone has different standards for what they expect in a game.
I personally am more concerned with things like cabinet construction, play-field durability, decal quality, etc...

I honestly have never noticed the power supply fan at all, but then again since Stern switched to a similar design everyone says those are louder also but I dont notice them. I also have no issue with "washed out" LCD and dont think anyone has said that, but rather than they find it to have limited viewing angle. I honestly am not sure what they mean; is it at different height people that it looks weird to them? or from the side? To me the LCD look nice and good color saturation.

The topper gear can be heard but is a simple 5 minute tweak if you want it quieter.

If you are concerned with a loud PS and the viewing angle of the LCD, then more power to you to change them for what you like. Hundreds of people have played my game and nobody has mentioned either as an issue so from what I see the discussion seems to be isolated to the Pinside vision.

#2598 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

All pinstadium now work for tna and they are amazon with the us flasher. Video to come soon

Pinstadium looks bad in every single game i have seen it in. Shame to see people so obsessed with blinging out games that they continually bastardize them with over the top blow out the art led kits like that. Amazed people pay so much to trash their games and many times make them unplayable with the strobe effect of crappy led strips.

I guess, looking forward to photos and video to see if pinstadium can finally look good in a game or if it messes up what was already a good thing.

#2606 5 years ago

Yeah, sorry, but the over bright and reflections look like crap and are distracting. Completely washes out much of the great lighting effects of the game.

#2612 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Video and in person are two different things. I think if I shot same video in the dark without pinstadium on you would say the exact same thing.
The only reason you see reflection of lights is because of angle and no invisishield installed.

Im glad you enjoy it, just not for me.

#2661 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Wow...thank you to my amazing wife for planning far in advance for the best birthday gift ever. The game was setup in my game room when I came home on Friday. Welcome to the future!

Congrats! That is awesome!!!! What a great surprise!

#2666 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

1) The R.A.D. targets seem to have a lot of foam under them and I find that it takes a really strong, direct shot for them to register. Is that normal, or should I look at adjusting so that more ricochets register? When destroying the reactors it makes a pretty big difference. At this point, I dread having multiple R.A.D. targets randomly selected, especially the D. I'm assuming the foam is great, so I would just look to reduce the space between the switch contacts.

they will likely get beat down a little after lots of plays, but I always regap leaf switches to adjust to my taste.

#2700 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

thenotrashcougar game #2 on new code and found a bug potentially?
Here's what happened. Dangered before starting the reactor. Got 2nd danger and then hit the scoop so of course i let the animation play out to let the tilt bob settle. Instead I tilt while ball is in scoop. The ball kicks into the shooter lane so I wait for it to autoplunge and then go to bonus. But it doesn't so I plunge out the ball. Stays on TILT screen
Didn't try to replicate it but wanted to share in case anyone else has the same issue?

After you plunge tilted ball, did the game advance to next ball or player? Or stay on tilt?

#2715 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Rumor starter. Spooky got the Goonies license and Scott is doing design.

It took you this long to figures it out

Quoted from Fytr:

Good one!
...and it's modelled after classic System 11 games with simple ramps and interesting playfield layouts.

scott hates sys11 games I heard...

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Oh I know
I am thankful to have TWO on location near me (literally 10 minutes away, and 3 minutes apart from each other, both have great beer, but I really only go to one) We have gone out more recently to play it, but not nearly enough as I would like, and with two younger kids, it's hard to haul them out there to get our TNA fix. I think I've been pretty patient and supportive

I have a feeling that once your game arrives I will never see you again, lol.

Locked in the basement playing TNA all day everyday

#2792 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You know it!
Nah, I'll still want to monkey around on something. I'm looking for another classic SS...*shakes head in shame* lol

I have plenty you can borrow if you find the room

1 week later
#2827 5 years ago

A good thing to do to make your pop bumper more sensitive is to raise the ring so the ball has the ability to move the skirt more easily.

This is done by adding a washer to each rod.

rough drawing help explain

pop bumper (resized).PNGpop bumper (resized).PNG
#2881 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Yeah but they've been under the 200 mark and mid 100s for ever

Go track it and let us know

You may be suprised.

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

My pop number seems to be missing a few hits as well. I’m not the most capable at pinball repairs/tweaks but I’m nothing if not enthusiastic
Any other advice on how to do this? Or should I get stuck in and post pics of how I made it worse later?

You own four pins? Time to bust off two nuts and add on two washers.

I think you will be just fine. Do it with the power off if that is not obvious.

#2961 5 years ago

This was added in production machines a long time ago when you first suggested it BTW.
The issue is most likely just a switch adjustment and a cleaning with a piece of printer paper between the contacts to remove any manufacturing oil or dust that could be on the switch. I will look at the code as well and make sure that the hits are not being dropped by the software at times.
--Scott

You r pretty awesome!

#2981 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Congrats! So cool! What does it mean you think? First she assembled?

yup, appears so

"After soldering about 1 million smaller things, Squirrel has been promoted to playfield wiring... great job Squirrel!"

Squirrel (resized).jpgSquirrel (resized).jpg
#2985 5 years ago

AWESOME post!!!

thanks for sharing!

#3009 5 years ago

Wanna help me install one now that you have done it once already

#3020 5 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I have a TNA scheduled to arrive soon and was looking for any recommendations from other ops as to the best initial pricing for this game. Most of my new games go out at $1/play with a bonus at $2, but not sure about this one due to expected quick game times. It is important to me that my customers get good value for their money. Thoughts?

if the only one in your area, then the same as other new pins ($1 per play)
Pricing is based on the newness and cost of the machine in my perspective

After a bit then .75 and 3/$2 is good.

#3028 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

How is 4-ball multiball achieved? Is there an add-a-ball in the regular multiball that I just didn’t know I activated?
Thanks.

yes, you add-a-ball by hitting it in the scoop behind the drop targets in multi.

If you are quick you can cheat it and get it in there before they all go back up post multiball relase/start.

If you are not quick then you need to hit down all three and get the scoop.

#3079 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

is that with the protector installed? Mine is 80% reject right now... kinda hard setting that way though

Not sure what protector you are using but i have found it is not needed on tna scoop

#3086 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

my scoop gobbles up nearly every shot

I have heard that about you before ...

#3128 5 years ago

anyone else notice that the pace seems to have picked up as of lately?

3 weeks later
#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Point being: you didn't own either of those two for a matter of months, a month, or less.
Selling isn't the point, nearly immediate selling is the point

He moved back in TNA line because selling the spot could be done at a profit.

I have a feeling many of the people selling immediately are doing so because there is still profit to be made (great game, still currently limited supply vs demand and many are willing to pay a bit extra to get it now)

#3229 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Hell I'm thinking about getting back in line to put a TNA in our office.

real lionmen get back in line for a 2nd one

#3231 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Nah. I just bought my second one the open market.

we can excuse that. Some people dont have the time to wait

1 week later
#3304 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

saw a TNA with pinstadium lights on it. It looked really bad

It looked beyond bad! Completely ruined the light show and definitely changed the the intent of the designer.
Wish people would have just a little respect for the vision of a design team or in this case, the one man design team.
Color bombing and now washing out an entire light show with this stick on lighting crap should be means for getting kicked in the taint and having all your pins taken away

1 week later
#3328 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

How’s the game holding-up interest-wise for owners with a few other games alongside it for variety? i.e. 3~10 games.
I’d love one of these, and they’re not easy to buy in the U.K., but would find it hard to sell an existing game (as always!)

almost 12 months on route now and still holding strong. Heck, another hobby operator put a 2nd one just 2 blocks down the road and it did not even make a dent in the coin drop of mine.

#3330 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

2 reasons: 1st TNA is awesome, 2nd Alt Brew has delicious beer. Going there today after work actually! I'll be dropping a few coins in TNA even though I have one at home

cool, I may see you there depending on timing.

2 weeks later
#3391 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How do you get 4 ball multiball?

during MB, knock down drop targets 1, 2, 3, and dump the ball int he scoop. (*must do this before the drops come back up)

** can cheat this and drop a ball in scoop immediately upon MB release (before the drop targets come back up upon release)

1 week later
#3407 5 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Heh... I have put TNA on location here, and the most reactors anyone has destroyed so far is five. So, just for fun I announced a little prize to the first person to destroy reactor 6. Nobody has managed to do it yet, but a thought hit me yesterday: It's possible to cheat a bit, in a slightly "pay-to-win" fashion:
1) Start a multiplayer game
2) Play one player focused on destroying reactors
3) Use the other player(s) only to load up locks for the main player
4) Profit!

what is the prize? I have thought about doing something similar.

3 weeks later
#3522 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

cool down) because you didn’t act quick enough

it does cool down

#3524 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not sure I understand the above posts which said the reactor remains critical after you drain.

while you are building the reactor to 100%, it slowly cools down until you lock it in at 100%

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a pin.

Torx on toppers is great and standard. It has been like that for years and helps deter theft on route.

#3552 5 years ago

don't mind if I do

screw this (resized).JPGscrew this (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#3704 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Here is the same problem in the right slingshot. Not easy to get pic of. But I’m almost positive that is why I’m having paint chipped away.
[quoted image]

that is strange and not normal. Spooky TNA pfs are nearly indestructible from my experience.

I would reach out to Charlie/Spooky with those pics.

#3716 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The beating doesn’t help. But I posted pictures of it happening in 3 different areas. One is the lowest post on a sling.

are you sure it if not from too loose of a post? rather than too tight?

Seems like damage from a ball rocking the star post on angle due to being loose? With the speed of TNA, I have found you need to be sure to check for snugness of posts every so often.

#3747 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

In no time at all, we have gone from Spooky having the best playfields in the industry to allegedly the worst. Not sure what to make of this.
I’m not saying the problems aren’t real. Mine is holding up pretty well, and I didn’t even notice the Mylar rings rippling under my star posts until after this was brought up. Not sure I’d have noticed them otherwise. I will contact spooky for the new replacement Mylar rings to be sent out. Also noticed the left of my scoop has some clear that appears to be cracking, presumably from “steel ball meet playfield”. Not too happy about this, but if it makes the scoop easier to hit i might be ok with it. I mean, come on... my IJ mode start isnt as bad at this at rejecting solid shots that should be staying in. Thinking a cliffy is definitely needed... but also wondering if it will make hitting it even harder?

Just play with bending your scoop slightly. Up ordown can fine tune it to be the right amount of difficulty for you. You should always be ale to hit the orbit and dro in from the back side also.

#3772 5 years ago

cant wait for the next code update!!!!

I cant believe Scott is still updating it even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3794 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Said it before, but the co-op mode is great, my wife and kids are not pinball players but they all enjoy this pin with co-op so they don't get too overwhelmed as novice players. Simple rules, hit the scoop, hit the orbits etc..
I can't wait for my pinball night to see how this rolls with 4 players vs mode.

Glad tohear you and the famare enjoying your newest game!

3 weeks later
#3924 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I'm having the worst time with this left scoop. Never had a problem with the games Spooky brought to MGC this year. I played it all weekend and put a deposit down.
Then I played on location, and it seemed like every direct solid shot bricked out. Only soft shots or carroms made it in. I figured when I got my game, I would be able to make some adjustments.
I have tried bending the scoop, lowering with washers (don't really like this option because I don't want to damage the scoop area), and even putting felt pads on the back of the scoops.
If anyone else has any tips I would appreciate it.

I am not sure what advice to give for adjustment as it sounds like you are doing the things I would.

For playing, I back hand from the left and orbit from the right to get to core and let drop in.

#3926 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Yeah, I realize part of it is just that I need to be more accurate and it's just a hard shot to make. I may also try decreasing right flipper strength a tad. I noticed a couple people said bending the scoop down a little made a big difference. Maybe I bent too far. I'll play around some more.
I think I'd enjoy the game more if the scoop was as forgiving as the one on my TAF
The TAF scoop obviously has sides (and posts flanking it) which makes it easy.

maybe try getting some slo-mo video of a shot to the scoop. It will likely help indicate where the rattle out is happening or if too hard, not accurate.

With the naked eye it is impossible to see exactly what is happening.

#3942 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I've seen that tilt issue on three different machines here in the UK.

I think the "priority" of tilt is a bit delayed?

Not sure how to explain it, but test it with the door open and look at the time from actual switch closure till when the warning comes through.

#3953 5 years ago

#420 is home safely

(also, for anyone that has friended "Hilton McDingle" on Fbook, that is Kaneda and he made a fake Fbook account to impersonate me)
Please feel free to report his shenanigans. I would appreciate it.

LIONMAN (resized).JPGLIONMAN (resized).JPG
#3956 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Do you know if it is more effective to report as "fake account" or "pretending to be someone"

Not sure, but the more reports the better. Guessing they just have an algorithm which will finally deal with it once it gets enough reports. Thx for reporting him. Pretty sad state of affairs when the guy has gone to this level of bullying and intimidation.

#4001 5 years ago

Just checked the route game and zero paint issues.

Sorry you guys are having troubles. What game numbers are these? I wonder if there was a batch of pfs that came through with a prep step missed or something?

I have game no2 and now game no 420 and see no issues on either of them. Game no 2 has more plays than the majority of TNAs I would guess and has held up spectaculor.

#4011 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

It's odd the way the paint came off though. It's as if there is no clearcoat. No chunks of clear came off, just paper thin spots of paint.

Reach out to team Spooky to see what they say?

#4104 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I am willing to bet those tests have the ball going in that scoop at the same angle and speed while during normal play the ball is hitting that scoop at all different angles and speeds.

Nope, they had a rig that was continuously launch the ball and it would come from all possible angles into the scoop.

My playfield on game number two still looks great after more than a year on route. Sounds like there was some sort of issue during the 300s? Which has since been fixed? Bummed for anyone that is having this happen and curious what was the issue, how fixed.

From my experience spooky pfs are the best I have seen. Seems like these handful of pfs are a blip?

#4119 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

And I just custom cut Neoprene as an option too... we hate to see this, know what batch it was, and it's already fixed. We have been fighting this to find the reason for weeks. I hate it ever happened, but at least we know why. Sad part is, it was us being over cautious that caused it.
As KT said... reach out and we can help.

can you identify what game numbers and what was the root cause so we know?

Could help if anyon has a game possible impacted to know they will want the washers in advance of things happening?

#4121 5 years ago

Scoop on number two. 15 months on route.

7354D453-B0FD-4F37-AF96-38097A36D53E (resized).jpeg7354D453-B0FD-4F37-AF96-38097A36D53E (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4314 5 years ago

As for the tilt stuff, I have struggled with how to approach the logic on this. If I disallow tilts and warnings while the ball is in the shooter lane, someone could potentially shake the machine hard enough to free a locked ball and award an instant multiball. It would have to be VERY aggressive behavior, but it is possible. Tilt throughs do happen on other games, but I will admit that they seem to be happening a bit more on TNA vs others. I am still investigating this. The setting I mentioned above to adjust the tilt sensitivity may help greatly, but will be a different value for each machine. I noticed there is not a one size fits all value for this.

could you build in a logic that works like this?
"if" multiplayer game and ball drains (all balls seen in trough switches) "then" disallow tilt warnings for X seconds "if" next player ball is still on shooter lane switch

X could be a user configurable setting with 10 as a good default I think.

This coding would then only provide a 10 second window for potential abuse and also puts it in the next players control to wait out the tilt bob swing.

Just thinking out loud for possible ways to hit the logic.

I will say that to me, this is not a huge issue and I have been able to fine tune with just the physical tilt bob height/ good centering combined with altering the msec debounce. I have it to a point now that players know you cant go big on a potential ball drain. Sure the code refinement would be nice and this is a symptom of ALL p-roc based games IME.

#4352 5 years ago

Very nice!

#4393 5 years ago

He is a pretty great dude!

Thx for all you continue to do scott!

#4429 5 years ago
Quoted from Whamtan:

Here's a few more angles, let me know if it looks high compared to anyone else's. There's one on location I'll be checking out on Saturday as well.
I'm honestly just glad it's not trying to kill itself anymore.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I am wondering if you have the wrong length coil stop in your slings?

Your issue is unique to your game and seems like something with the physical hardware. Slings are all prebuilt and spooky just installs them on a game.

Get us some pics of your slings from below. pull off a coil and lets get a look at a stop, etc...

#4431 5 years ago

Everything looks good too me. Not sure what to tell you other than turn down sling power in settings and play the snot out of it. Game will slow down a little after 100 plays

45DC29A0-8D6D-47A4-8A5E-5CFDBE241270 (resized).jpeg45DC29A0-8D6D-47A4-8A5E-5CFDBE241270 (resized).jpeg76470137-8A84-4D95-9340-C9BD1EA7BD23 (resized).jpeg76470137-8A84-4D95-9340-C9BD1EA7BD23 (resized).jpegBC5CEEA8-12F5-4C36-A2C7-B993F08908B5 (resized).jpegBC5CEEA8-12F5-4C36-A2C7-B993F08908B5 (resized).jpeg
#4432 5 years ago

my only other advice would be to adjust your sling leaf switches.

Maybe either going to a tighter gap or larger gap will help you get through the break in period quicker.

From what I see, all appears normal and nothing different about your game. Air balls are pretty common on any brand new game with a clearcoat playfield.
The game will be quick and fast action which will cause air balls.

Over time things will settle in.

#4434 5 years ago

Cheers! Such a blast of a game!

#4535 5 years ago

wow! 511 built!!!!

They are merely weeks away form finishing the run and then I hope ACNC buyers are ready cause things are gonna get real

#4546 5 years ago

I like to think of him as Gary Wallace from "Weird Science". He is just an average nerd, but accidentally creates something pretty neat.

can KingPin be Chet?

#4547 5 years ago

speaking of... I would love that as a pinball theme...

is this possibly a forshadowing of SD2?

1 week later
#4578 5 years ago

You can always set it to 3.

I suggest 5.

Give yourself a challenge to chase.

#4592 5 years ago

I would like a call out making fun of anyone that does a cheater restart

Would love the lady voice mocking the player or something about giving up and now everyone dies.

2 months later
#5059 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Why hasnt spooky come forward to say what the problem is/was that has been supposedly fixed?

proprietary info is my guess...

When you have the best playfield in the business and you have a mistake mid production that you fix, you rarely divulge what the issue or solution is.

I have been told that Stern specifically has been working to figure out exactly what spooky is doing to make their playfields so they can closer mimic it.
The cracking of some TNA pfs under star posts is unfortunate, but it is minor IMHO compared to what I have seen on all other manufacturers and their response has gone above and beyond in comparison also.

I have operated every single Spooky deck thus far, all JJPs, and the majority of Sterns in the past 5 years. It is absolutely clear that Spooky playfields are by far the best ones out there (even with the chipping under some posts; which every manufacturer has if you go look)

#5075 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

This thread really took a bad turn. Let me change direction a little.
I finally destroyed reactor 7 on Monday. I was half way through ball 2 when I destroyed 6, so 7 was a struggle. I had a little over 8 million points. I came upstairs to tell my wife, and she said I looked like I just ran a race.

nice! I am jealous!

#5113 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

A home use pinball machine needing new rubbers with less than 500 plays on it? So those with games on location must change them every freaking week then!

How many folks have replaced a coil on a BNIB home use only pinball machine? I've bought 12 NIB games in the last year and a half and not had to do that to ANY game, nor have I replaced any rubbers!

I WISH I had a location that saw even 500 plays in a month for a game!!!!!!!!

That said, as a hobby operator with over 50 games I help maintain on route for almost 6 years now... ALL I repeat ALL manufacturers have issues.

The vast majority of Sterns we have purchased have had ghosting, split cabs, blown boards and split runners fresh when opened (some even came with major issue out of the box). Actually had to replace a bad coil on MET within a week. Had to replace a bad coil on GOTG early on.

JJP games have had chipping, broken parts, incorrectly wired switches.

Spooky games have had broken springs, loose nuts, and minor chipping under posts (after literally thousands of plays).

Guess what, spooky has been the best service and IME, the most minor issues. It really is not even a comparison. I can try to dig up some of the pf issues for other manufacturers if I get the time... they aint pretty.

The fact that they do so with such a small budget and great attitude is amazing and a big part of the reason I like to support them.

#5161 5 years ago

I am very busy with other things as well.

worth the quote

3 weeks later
#5278 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I'll take that as a "no."
Thanks!

contact Chris at KingPin games. He may have had 1 left.

Outside of distributors having them, all are sold out.

Spooky says they 'may' make more in the future, but if we are honest, they have ACNC to make for the next 18 months, then likely Scott D #2, then ???
You get the idea...

1 week later
#5354 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Does anyone ever consider it being a concern when few games were made - such as this one - and you keep seeing them pop up for sale?
Probably not? I mean there could be a 1,000 reasons someone wants to sell something and I would assume it’s only because they want something else more.

No

I also don’t think there are many for sale.
Keep in mind that many popular stern Pro games only are 1000 games. I see many stern games up for sale way more often

3 weeks later
#5428 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I have something going on during multiball. Keep getting awarded triple jackpot over and over again if I get it once. Opto maybe?

got to be an flakey opto wire or opto itself.

Put game in switch test and pound on the pf to see if anything registers.

Do it with that drop target in both the up and down position.

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#5529 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Has to be the software. My upper slings are going off like mad.

switches are a physical part. they bend over time and things change, esp in a game with rapid ball movement.

rubbers also change over time, stretch, and shift which impacts how a switch is hit or in many cases gets bounce back for a machine gun effect.

just adjust your switches to gap them more.

#5538 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

anyone have any suggestions on how to make the scoop more reliable?? my pitch is probably right around 6.2. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. looking for more of a deadpool style scoop reliability, if that makes any sense.

are you not able to stick shots?
are they clean shots?

if so then bend the scoop hood slightly up or slightly down. One way or the other will likely be all you need to more directly push the ball into the scoop.

You could try a piece of drop dead foam on the inside of the scoop arch where the ball hits but I am not a fan of this and usually not needed.

#5560 4 years ago

I dig the look of those. I like that protectors like that can spice up a game but not ruin the light show.

#5571 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Welcome to my world It started happening almost every game for me, so I adjusted the pitch to be slightly less steep and now it happens a lot less --still more than it did the first few months of owning the pin but tolerable now. Hopefully, there's a more technical fix out there somewhere.
I still really have a good time playing this pin. I took a couple of weeks off from it and it refreshed my enjoyment of the game again. It's a great game to play in ten minute chunks of time and still feel like you got tons of pinball action in.

just go look at that first drop and examine the mech.

A single drop mech is pretty straight forward, even one using a controlled second coil.

The easiest thing you could do is slightly shave the shelf that the raised drop is resting on. Your goal with this adjustment is to try and make the drop slip off the shelf into the down position with less force needed.

Other option is to adjust the spring tension pulling down on the drop when it is in the up position. This could be an adjustment in either way, as too much tension could be pulling to hard and creating friction on the shelf thus taking more force. Too little tension could could mean the drop is not being pulled down quickly enough when coming off the ledge so it just bounces and stays on the ledge.

I hope this makes sense?

It is pretty simple mech when you break it into parts as you are looking at it.

A few minutes of fine tuning and you should be able to get it exactly how you want.

3 months later
#5952 4 years ago
Quoted from beekey:

Hello all, does anyone have insight on the production runs and production numbers of TNA? I ordered number 500 NIB, seller told me it was the last one built, but I guess this might not be the truth..

That was likely the last one built of that "batch"
Spooky tends to make batches of 50 games at a time with part ordering/etc... They are a bootique place and only have so much room.

TNA was an edition size of 550 total games, but they have always said that they will make more if there is demand for them.

As I understand it, when they have demand for another 50 games and the ability to slot them in between other production then they will make them.
It sounds like ACNC is nearing completion of production and there may be another run of 50? or 100? more TNA games with some slightly different art but no real changes.

After that, I assume we see Scott game #2 go in to full production and TNA no longer built for at least another 2 years (assuming Scott D game # sells like hot cakes and that takes up production time).

#5955 4 years ago

Just to clarify, if TNA goes into production again, the art will not be changing. There may be some cosmetic changes to the side rails or other little things, but nothing will change that you could not bolt right on to the first run of TNA machines. A TNA run will most likely not happen between ACNC and Haunted House Party.
--Scott

Thanks for the clarity and glad to hear!!!

Really looking forward to announcement of your next game. Any info on when we may hear more about it?

#5958 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

He has zero credibility.

Zero credibility and a complete Dbag if he would spoil it anyway. WTF would anyone want to do that to spooky and Scott? Let them announce when they are ready and enjoy that experience.

2 weeks later
#6014 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My 6 year old boy is the only one in the house that will play pinball with me... I’ll be playing Tron or any other game, and every single time after what ever game, he drags me over to Tna to play for the rest of the session, never any other game

Smart kid!

4 months later
#6315 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Next time you get a high score put DOUG as your name .

Try HILTON also

Side note, I always try different friends names on R&M, but no eastereggs I have found yet.

#6326 4 years ago

I feel like it need to go up top somewhere since the orbits are what feed the nuclear core. So upper right corner is best. It does not feel real cohesive with the game, but maybe once painted it would? Or print out of clear and light up the reactor so it can trigger to glow when ready for kill?

Also suggest changing the bowtie shape on core to the triangle to match the game.

2 weeks later
#6528 4 years ago

If anyone is looking for a TNA, we have a clean and well maintained game that has been on route.

Will get pics and full ad up in the future but tossing it to the club thread as a heads up now.

#6530 4 years ago

from a quick search, it looks like 5500 asking is current market?

Willing to negotiate slightly for a no hassle sale.

#6536 4 years ago

That is not a bad idea actually to have the callout again when the level decreases. It already calls out a level increase except when you die in an outlane and that completed your level. The levels are also indicated with colors.
Red = You are working on Level 1, you have no saves built up.
Orange = You are working on Level 2, you have 1 save built up and ready.
Yellow = You are working on Level 3, you have 2 saves built up and ready.
Green = You are working on Level 4, you have 3 saves built up and ready.
Blue = You are working on Level 5, you have 4 saves built up and ready.
Purple = You are working on Level 6, you have 5 saves built up and ready. This is the last level and once you complete it, it will stay purple on 3 of the inserts and have the flashing white one.
When any of these are cashed in, it will go down to it's previous color. I know this can be a little confusing, but it made sense in my head when I built it. Basically, just check for a flashing white insert. That is your key to knowing you have at least 1.
--Scott

I love the logic of ROYGBIV!

7 months later
#7494 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Please also consider adding this to TNA 2.0!!!
I’m patiently waiting for 2.0 to happen, I know it might be a while but that would definitely be a huge plus! I’m also a huge fan of your music on this pin!

Pretty sure the next run of TNA is just a next run. Has a few mods preinstalled at factory but same code and same game FYI.

#7502 3 years ago

Yep, I do know that.
I am just excited I’ll be able to buy a NIB one again. I almost bought one from you about 6/8 months ago!
Thank you for posting that though!
Much appreciated.

It is such an awesome game!

Permeant fixture in my home collection and R&M#420 will go next to it very soon...

#7504 3 years ago

So 2 permanent fixtures!
Lovin my RM!

for sure!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.