(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 6 years ago

I believe I'm in at #39 but awaiting confirmation. Sending check directly to Spooky today.

#27 6 years ago

Buying this gives a whole new definition of "The Nuclear option".

#28 6 years ago

Last thing. Have yet to decide on options. I know I'm not going for the butter but tempted for shaker and knocker. Leaning towards mirror blades in future but side art for $50 pretty nice price. Definitely getting the pre-installed plastic protectors.

#32 6 years ago

I'm in! Actual number is #107. I was wrong on the #39 thing before. Apparently that was my place in line for the email list and I got busy yesterday and never pulled the trigger until first thing this morning. Hopefully I'll still get it before Christmas. Might be close.

4 months later
#900 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Got word mine will be ready by next week.

What number? I've been out of pocket and am number 105 or maybe 107 (don't remember for sure...it's something like that) and have a feeling like I'm definitely getting closer.

Here's another question for all owners and especially operators: I've recently started routing pins. I have a GOT Pro, Hobbit Smaug, SS, and AFMr-LE all on route. I am now toying with putting the TNA on location instead of in my home. I'm a little torn on this as I'm really looking forward to playing this pin and having in my collection but I can also see where this thing might kick butt on location. Any insight on home use vs routing is appreciated.

Thanks,

Darin

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I am number 54 , I will go over to spooky on Saturday and pick it up if that works for them. The next few days at work will suck because I'd rather be playing this game than working .

Ouch. Looks like I still have a little while.

3 weeks later
#1285 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just did first week of collection at my location with TNA added in, TNA doubled the next best game in earnings and location had second highest total weekly earnings since games were added 10 months ago. Saw increase in most titles this week. Thanks Spooky and Company.

Wow. Been toying with putting mine on location. Just started a couple months ago and doing well. This kind of thing makes it very tempting though i was looking forward to one in my house.

3 weeks later
#1607 6 years ago

Feel like #105 is taking forever. I know I’m getting closer and looking forward to “the call”. I’m basically going to order every add on and have them installed.

Seriously considering putting mine on route but really want it at home too. Oh, what to do?!

1 week later
#1756 6 years ago

Time for me to order factory installed mods. (#107) I’m thinking of shaker, knocker, mirror blades from pinballlife. Are the speaker lights and light up rails EL paper available for factory install and if so where do I get those? Stand up target decals also? Are those others worthwhile mods?

Thanks

Darin

3 weeks later
#2040 6 years ago

On a more serious note...

I'm unboxing my TNA tomorrow night! Anything special I need to do as far as extra Mylar or new balls? This is my first Spooky game so just making sure.

Also, I've been so stoked about this pin and what Spooky is doing that I went ahead and purchased a ACNC. Can't wait to see what number.

Scott, thanks for all of your hard work. My son and I met you at SFGE last year. The whiteboard TNA was the most fun we had and we have been patiently waiting for this day ever since.

#2066 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What #s are shipping now?

#107 gets delivered tomorrow

#2094 6 years ago

Set up mine today. Great game. All above options but no butter. Will get the speaker lights when available.

Love the low rumble when reactor is critical so definitely get he shaker. I went with mirror blades and they are great. Plastic protectors factory installed is a no brainer.

3FC67325-12C6-4F00-A877-7096420DCA2B (resized).jpeg3FC67325-12C6-4F00-A877-7096420DCA2B (resized).jpeg

#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This was the number one item I bought for my TNA....$9
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518
This game is hard enough as it is. There is nothing more frustrating than hitting standup targets & the hits aren’t registering, especially that damn D in RAD. With this tool, I was able to make the target leaf switch gaps to super sensitive, but not so much that you get phantom strikes when the shaker kicks on. Also helps to adjust the slings in the core, you’ll get more action up there.
Game is a fricking blast!

What does the RAD targets do? Same question for the 1-2-3?

As far as production goes, I’ve had literally zero issues out of box. I put all leg levelers down set it up and started playing. Haven’t measured the incline but seems to be playing great. I think sound is great out of box. Balls looked fine to me so I’ve been using them. (Guessing maybe from Pinball Life? - scott?), playfield is perfect. Easiest setup I’ve ever done.

#2129 6 years ago

Thanks! Sometimes it seems the rad targets are easier to get off the slings or pop bumper.

One more thing, I know the lane save lights activate a lane save if you spell lane but then sometime the light is a different color (red maybe?). Is there a general explanation of the save feature (which is really fun to have and to get). I’m just not 100% sure how it works.

#2172 6 years ago

Check the scoop! Same thing happened to mine today! It was in the left scoop which is no longer firing during game play or testing. I lifted the playfield and wires look fine. Ironically I was coming to post this issue when I saw yours!

I can certainly use some quick advise as my son is havin a party right now and he only pin not working is TNA!

#2176 6 years ago

Any ideas on why my left scoop would stop working? Wires intact. Was working fine at first. Just got the pin within the last week.

#2192 6 years ago

right orbit is harder than the left for me.

#2200 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

check the opto for the scoop. also check the wiring. like frunch said, the power is daisy chained from coil to coil on that line. take a look at this wiring layout. see if your upper slings and upper flipper are working properly as they are on the same line.

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, none of those coils are firing which I didn't realize before. All of the wires seem very intact with some pretty generous tugging. Where to look next?

#2206 6 years ago

Okay, I re-seated J11 (that was actually pretty tough! that connector is really in there tight) with the blue wires and tested all coils. Here are the coils NOT working:

Upper flipper (main and hold)
knocker
RBG output (not sure what those do...LED tests pretty normal except the "release" and "lock" inserts not coinciding with the rest of the playfield)
left scoop
shaker
all core slings

I would have already tested the fuses but they are encased in plastic and I'm not familiar with that so wasn't exactly sure how to remove them for testing.

Thanks in advance for the next suggestion. I need to get my baby up and running again so I can get new code installed. I probably only have 20-30 games on it myself so far and really need to get into this bad boy.

#2209 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Definitely a fuse. I had those same coils not working. I believe it’s the board on the right, bottom fuse.

YEP! blown fuse. Of course I don't have this fuse on hand.

#2213 6 years ago

So, it uses a 6.3mA slo-bro? (that is the link you posted). It looks like when I try to read the fuse it was maybe something like 14mA. I'll have to find it again and try reading it again. I have some 6.3 laying around. If 6.3mA work, I'd be ecstatic! (Also, when reading the fuse itself, how do I tell if is a slo-bro?) Just need to make sure I have the right thing.

Dang older eyes! Even with some readers on those little buggers are hard to read!

1 week later
#2333 5 years ago

Adjustment question: my RAD targets need a pretty solid hit to register. I lifted the playfield to adjust them and the switches have numerous leafs. Any special rules on adjusting a leaf switch like these? I have an adjustment tool and already adjusted the slings to make them more sensitive.

Those RAD targets have bit me in the butt a few times when they have been lit for a reactor and I've hit it but not hard enough. Would like to make them more sensitive.

Thanks.

#2355 5 years ago

No good stuck balls conversations without this...

1 week later
#2473 5 years ago

Dang right orbit shot is a killer for me. Left orbit is much, much easier (but not a gimmie for my skill).

Is there a list of skill shots? I only know if the quick lock and of course top lanes which I also find pretty difficult to plung hard enough but not too hard.

#2509 5 years ago

I’ve noticed this too on mine but until last night didn’t cause any issue. I only had to adjust he playfield slightly to even things out and get my lock bar back on.

Also, TNA#107 gets put on location tonight! Token Game Tavern in Knoxville. It is replacing my Walking Dead which has been lowest earner every month it’s been there which was kind of surprising to me.

1 month later
#2935 5 years ago

I will never see something like that with the glass on. Amazing!

Edit: Scott, please increase the balls per game setting to a maximum of 100. It is my only chance!

1 year later
#5643 4 years ago

Speaking of skill shots, I have an absolutely terrible time ever getting my plunge to go through the top lanes. Either too soft or too hard. Any suggestions?

2 months later
#5896 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Update for everyone about the meters. The first handful have finally been completed and shipped this morning. Tomorrow I will be posting a seperate thread containing installation and adjustment instructions. Finally Monday I will begin to pm the first batch waiting list as kits become available. Be one the lookout tomorrow and can't wait to see these out in the wild.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nh15TjevN89wyNWr6

Just watched the video. Very cool. Does this help with getting plunged shots to fall through the lanes. I have a very tough time with that even after a year or whatever of ownership.

2 weeks later
#5980 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I was just thinking how cool it was in the basement (my wife is using the fireplace upstairs, which is just one room over from the thermostat).
Nothing like a brisk game of TNA to remedy that! I was literally sweating. To me there is nothing more intense in pinball than trying to destroy the reactors, especially later in the game.
Had #7 lit, but obviously didn't destroy it. One of my best games.
[quoted image]

Are you set to 10-ball game? I’d need that and maybe another 10 extra balls to even come close to that...maybe.

3 months later
#6207 4 years ago

Just FYI....likely putting my TNA on market later this week. Stay tuned....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.