(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twhtalm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#556 6 years ago

#231 right here, can't wait.

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I love the loud "snap" of a knocker! If you want to quiet it, a piece of thick felt, like for the bottom of chair or table legs, works well to quiet it a bit.

Sound was ear piercing before the felt was there, works wonders. Still a solid knock but muffled down a few levels.

IMG_20171206_153019 (resized).jpgIMG_20171206_153019 (resized).jpg

11 months later
#4012 5 years ago

Same paint issues here with #231. Sounds like they are the same two posts, right reactor scoop and left lock posts. Initially the paint appeared to be bubbled up around the post. Also had a ball flying around inside the reactor and noticed the left lane guide was moving around. Closer look, paint chips.

1 week later
#4205 5 years ago

The rubber washers previously mentioned from Menards work great and all the posts can be done for a few bucks. The Pewaukee WI location is now out of stock I went with the black to match the pin-striping throughout the game. They do squish out a 1mm or so and are not as dark a black but if it will prevent further chipping that's ok. I would recommend doing this even if you don't have paint chips. TNA is so easy to pull the plastics and posts that it is a simple upgrade the next time you wax.

1 month later
#4723 5 years ago
Quoted from fancypants:

Kinda a funny situation, during multi-ball I seemingly lost track of one of my balls (never a good thing). Eventually once my available balls drained the machine started hunting for the ball as well. Thinking it might be caught somewhere, I started nudging the machine too. Then I noticed my right sling starting to machine gun. I was like WTH ... upon further inspection....hiding IN the slingshot![quoted image]

IIRC your slingshots are a little too powerful. Adjusting the power down slightly should prevent balls from entering the slingshots.

1 month later
#5010 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

The chipping really irritates me but The fix to me is worse. It feels like it changes the game. The washers make the Star post sit higher which makes the slings slightly higher that sit on the star post so it changes the way the game plays. My slings seem to fire a lot less than they used to which slows the game down.

Did you adjust your sling switches after installing the washers?

#5039 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Bit of annoyance? Who wants to buy something that’s thousands of dollars and clearly not ready for real world use and have it’s intended use actually destroy it? The only “bit of annoyance” is your post.

Sell the machine if it's that much of an issue for you.

#5041 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

$7,000 (my cost) and it’s yours
Let me know where I should send payment details

Already have one. Charlie has been exceptionally helpful with any issue I have run into with my machine BTW.

#5065 5 years ago

My machine required drilling out a broken screw from the shooter lane ramp within 10 games. Was I happy drilling into my new machine, no. Was it worth contacting Spooky, no. It was fixed within 30 minutes with beefier screws and this is the first mention of it to anyone. Many of the same issues have occurred but I stayed on top of it and replaced/fixed the issues. Grab some tools and learn how to work on your machine, that's half the fun of this hobby.

2 weeks later
#5237 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I want to see photos of these "polygonal balls." Post 'em up @Whamtam

5DvhiW4 (resized).png5DvhiW4 (resized).png

Uploaded a gif and pinside converted it to a picture. Constant width solids are interesting.

3 months later
#5619 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I have to turn down the volume every time I enter my initials for high score. The levels are much louder vs. in-game play volume. I then have to bump up the volume again once I start another game. It would nice if this could be balanced out.

At least you can turn yours down. My machine is possessed and changes the volume to 11 on it's own.

1 week later
#5636 4 years ago

Here's a sample of something i've slowly been working on, summertime lazyness. Optos track the plunger and will have different effects for ball waiting to plung and autoplunger. The paper is just acting as a diffuser and will not cover the main opening.

videotogif_2019.04.13_09.14.56.gifvideotogif_2019.04.13_09.14.56.gif
#5638 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Sold, please let me know where to send payment!

It's been slow going and frustrating getting a complete design together, PCB and design software has a steep learning curve.

#5642 4 years ago

Time to get off my lazy butt. Will keep everyone posted

1 month later
#5825 4 years ago

With all of those extra lights you're going to need one of these. Getting really close to being done with this meter and should be ready by the end of the month. It's a batch of 25 with potential for another 25 later on. Send a PM if interested in a meter and would like to be added to the list.

The gif is of the demo board which has a small issue preventing correct placement under the apron, function is otherwise 100%. Mounting issues have been addressed and final boards should be here any day. Changes are minor and the picture does reflect the final board.

Ball ready activates green forward flashes.
Auto plunger activates a white forward flash.
Analog plunger meter with gradual light levels.
4 brightness settings.
On/off for ball ready and auto plunger effects.

videotogif_2019.09.14_09.52.05.gifvideotogif_2019.09.14_09.52.05.gif20190914_094031 (resized).jpg20190914_094031 (resized).jpg
#5829 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah, I NEED one of those shooter lane kits.

Check the mail at PBL in about 2-3 weeks, you should already be expecting one.

#5839 4 years ago

Only one more spot open for the first batch of plunger meters, whoever wants it better hurry up! There will be a second batch after seeing the enthusiasm for this mod. Thanks for the interest and kind words everyone.

All first batch slots are filled as of this morning. Still sign up for batch #2.

#5841 4 years ago

$45 shipped. This will include everything required for a quick install.

#5843 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Is the spot still open? I will buy it.

First batch is full, sent you a PM.

3 weeks later
#5893 4 years ago

Update for everyone about the meters. The first handful have finally been completed and shipped this morning. Tomorrow I will be posting a seperate thread containing installation and adjustment instructions. Finally Monday I will begin to pm the first batch waiting list as kits become available. Be one the lookout tomorrow and can't wait to see these out in the wild.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nh15TjevN89wyNWr6

#5897 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just watched the video. Very cool. Does this help with getting plunged shots to fall through the lanes. I have a very tough time with that even after a year or whatever of ownership.

I went from 1 in 5 making it through the lanes to multiples in a row. Once the sweet spot on the display was found it became much easier but not a gimme. Don't forget to give the machine a good nudge while the ball passes through the gates.

#5924 4 years ago

Thank you Fatpanda for the posts last night, all of the preorder slots are now full! Several kits should ship today followed by many more over the weekend. The tape instructions have been updated on the install page and works really well as long as you don't need to replace the tip.

1 month later
#6094 4 years ago

Shooter meter kits are coming along nicely and will be shipping next week. I'll be sending more pm's and invoices as kits are completed.

Tom

#6101 4 years ago

For anyone with the TNA meter installed, there is a bunch of spare 5v from the power supply included. The p/s was chosen more on connections/price and ended up twice as big as needed. A 5.5mmx2.1mm splitter from ebay and some creativity will get you all the 5v you need.

2 weeks later
#6140 4 years ago
tin (resized).jpgtin (resized).jpg
#6167 4 years ago

I've played several different TNA's and the stuck ball happened only on the machine without the factory plastic protectors.

#6169 4 years ago

Just took a look at my game and I mispoke. There is no protector on the upper corners. The wireform on mine is bent closer to the gate compared to the picture above though.

4 months later
#6712 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anyone else having problems with the shooter gauge mod? All of a sudden mine does the white-light sweep all the time, sometimes in green. Works fine with the pink when I pull back the plunger, but no matter how I tweak the tip of the shooter with the reflective material, it's always going. I thought I saw something recently where there was an improved one coming out?

Killborn is right about the alignment of the board may be causing the false triggers. The board in my machine slides back after a session or two of games with similar results. Doublecheck that the second sensor is square with the launcher claw. Also make sure the potentiometer is turned all the way to the right.
As for the new version, it is coming but time is short right now. I am an essential worker rebuilding diagnostic imaging medical equipment. My current project at work requires at least one full semi trailer for transportation and took two weeks just to install and power on, i'm exhausted when I get home.

#6715 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just to clarify, it was killborn who pointed out the fix, not me

Ha you're right. Hardly recognize you after switching from the Madison W.

2 years later
#9454 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My lingering issue tho is the translite cannot be removed, because it cannot slide up far enough to clear the bottom channel on the cross-bar. It will slide up a little (I’m pushing up as hard as I can without breaking it) and it can’t clear the channel it’s sitting on.
[quoted image]

Did you lower the lcd panel before trying to lift the backglass out?

4 months later
#10787 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

..so when I see some say "the parts are the same between the first gen and the CE" - I like to keep an eye open for the differences and take note.
Here is another one. It may seem little - but this one just popped into my head when I just seen the Pinside ads for TNA parts at the bottom of the pages.
Totally different coin door. Whoah.. [quoted image][quoted image]

The second coin door was an option during the original run to allow operators to install bill acceptors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twhtalm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=twhtalm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.