(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,198 posts
  • 478 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by dri
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 924 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020_01_04_16_48_12.gif
20200104_124812 (resized).jpg
20200102_134627 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1578111928259 (resized).jpg
2409930 (resized).png
20200102_100623.jpg
1963F95D-1AD1-42B9-93F3-22A2B2E25C9D (resized).jpeg
tin (resized).jpg
tna (resized).jpg
20191226_193212 (resized).jpg
IMG_8498 (resized).jpeg
F7695405-3421-4EE5-BF85-587003831E06 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191216_175111 (resized).jpg
20191216_172635 (resized).jpg
20191212_200112 (resized).jpg
59703606999__786F7F70-60A1-4032-9541-DADB0C9FE140 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (2 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (2 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (2 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (1 year ago)

Post #1958 Beacon LED upgrade and suggestions with photos. Posted by NimblePin (1 year ago)

Post #2335 Picture of how trough should look like from Scott D. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #2336 Switch adjustment suggestions. Posted by jar155 (1 year ago)

Post #2353 instructions on speaker grille add-on Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #2423 Fanless Power Supply. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #2439 Images for those looking to swap the PSU fan Posted by OnTheSnap (1 year ago)

Post #2527 Info on replacement higher quality screen. Posted by audihere (1 year ago)

Post #2738 Great list of mods to consider. Posted by 27dnast (1 year ago)

Post #2834 Suggestions on contrast settings Posted by mayuh (1 year ago)

Post #3712 Spooky highlight playfield problem Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #4116 Info on the washers. Posted by SpookyKT (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago

I am in ! Not sure what number I am , but I am sure that Scott Danesi is awesome!

1 week later
#140 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

can you say what percentage are ordering the butter cabinet?

When I picked up my Rob Zombie they had a rob zombie there done with a butter cabinet (maybe the one spooky posted pictures of? ) the colors were deeper and it really did look amazing ( I instantly noticed it among at least ten other Rob Zombies with the standard cabinet). It is an expensive upgrade , and I would bet the percentage opting for it will be small but that small percentage will have absolutely beautiful cabinet .

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I just figured that you would have no issues with cab wrinkles in the decals and if there was an issue with a scratch it would be pretty easy to fix it.

The way spooky decals cabinets is very nice . I believe TNA will also come with the metal cabinet protectors . But yeah if the buttered cabinet were to get a scratch it could be buffed out if not scratched through the clearcoat .

3 weeks later
#204 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sweet!!!! I'll reach out to Scott. Megatron the poodle can be his security entourage, he's tougher than he looks:

He looks tough enough .

2 weeks later
#254 2 years ago

Production prototype!!! It's party time!

20171007_162240 (resized).jpg

#255 2 years ago

20171007_162209 (resized).jpg

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Que pasa! Por qué no me invitaron?

Quoted from vidgameseller:

that's what I was thinking to

You know you guys are always welcome at my house , these pics are not from my house .

20171007_161405 (resized).jpg

#262 2 years ago

Just took a dollar from Charlie and Bangerjay.

#263 2 years ago

One more , just because..

20171007_203929 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#299 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I saw the butter cab on Rob Zombie recently and it does look amazing. You also have to consider that the butter cabinet can be scratched very, very easily. Is it worth $1000? Not for me.

The butter cabinet is clearcoated , it doesn't really scratch all that easily and minor scratches could be buffed out . The reason why spooky is suggesting customers with butter cabinets to either pick up in person or special shipping is simply because it is an expensive upgrade to the exterior of the game. If it were to be damaged in shipping it can't be fixed by sending a new decal to the customer . Scott had his butter cabinet at pinball life for the open house and took it to expo today . I'd say it's every bit as durable (if not more durable) than the the decaled cabinets .

#312 2 years ago

My Little Pony looks a lot like Family Guy
I'd buy one.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

True, but he is doing the code and what not. He's the man behind this project. I just think it would be ideal for him to keep all attention on the in production game. He said on K's podcast that was what he planned to do.

Scott watches people play his game and if he sees something not quite right he takes notes in his head and goes home and fixes them . It is insane the amount if work he has put into this game . I mean game design , rules , sound , music, assembly of more than one game! He nearly did everything . He has had help along the way , but what he has done on his own in a short amount of time is truely amazing .

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

Does anyone know how the shaker motor is supposed to work? Anyone played it with the shaker? Is it worth it or can you live without it?

It's pretty cool , the production sample at pinball life open house on friday the 13th had one . It seemed as though it is not just full on or full off but kind of uses more of the range of the shaker . The game has a great sound system and many will say a shaker isn't needed , but the shaker doesn't just accent the bass , it is doing it's own thing and I think if you are a fan of shakers in pinball you will like what it does for TNA .

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Got this yesterday for number 14:
We will starting to build your game in the next few weeks. Please verify the add ons you want.
plastic protectors, interior graphics
Also if you are having this shipped please send me your info so I can work on your final invoice.
Thanks
KT Emery
VP/CFO
Spooky Pinball LLC

Awesome!!! I bet we will see some unboxing pics really soon . Although I don't think mine will be put in a box ever , I told Charlie "don't bother puting mine in a box , I am just going to open it ."

1 month later
#509 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

thenotrashcougar Any thoughts around adding an option to randomize the Reactor music? I know im not the greatest player in the world and if I'm only getting to reactor 2 on average per game it might be cool to have the reactor music play randomly instead of hearing just the same two over and over.
What is everyone's thought on this?

It seems as though the music gets kind of more intense as you work your way through the reactors ,so the song for reactor 7 might not work as well for the first reactor .

#523 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I believe each reactor has it's own track.

The reactors I have seen are different colors now also.

1 week later
#578 2 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

It works in coil test in diagnostics, but is mainly for game play. I don't know exactly which events trigger it, but I would assume high scores and maybe free games.
If you don't get the knocker, it will give you a speech prompt for the awards, but no ugly "screech" sound like s Stern cabinet gives you.

It knocks when you get an extra ball during game play . You get an extra ball for making it to reactor #3 . It also knocks if you get the match at the end of the game .

#641 2 years ago

Still have Bangerjay's on loan . Was really thinking I was going to top 2 million with this game , but not quite . Got to the 4th reactor but didn't destroy it .LIONMAN still has the grand champion score on the game here .

20171211_202100 (resized).jpg

#643 2 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

thanks for the beer at the launch party Doug

No problem ,beer is always better when shared with others .

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

If I wasn’t so busy, I’d come get it back

Probably better that I still have it then, you need to get that thing done . This game is very addicting and would just be a diatraction for you .Although I was thinking of bringing it back down to you Saturday if we are going to get the vortex .

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

LIONMAN no longer holds a spot on my game.

Nice scores Rusty ! I'm pretty sure I will get to scores like that at some point , just need more time on the game . Bangerjay's is going home soon though.

#693 2 years ago

My daughter likes this game !

20171213_195021 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#832 2 years ago

I'll most likely get a tape and the digital . I just need to find a crappy tape deck that will chew that thing up so I can take it apart , rewind the reels and put it back together .

#849 2 years ago

20180106_210158 (resized).jpg

#901 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Got word mine will be ready by next week.

I got word mine will be ready this week .

#903 2 years ago

I am number 54 , I will go over to spooky on Saturday and pick it up if that works for them. The next few days at work will suck because I'd rather be playing this game than working .

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Ouch. Looks like I still have a little while.

First 50 will be the slowest built . New game for them , training some new employees . They will get faster and we'll hear more people getting theirs soon .

#986 2 years ago

In 24 hours I will be at spooky picking up my game.

#994 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Don't forget to tell Lucas he's an asshole.

I don't think he'll be there on a Saturday .

#1022 2 years ago

awe yeah.

20180113_121208 (resized).jpg

#1025 2 years ago

a couple stops before home . Lawrences pub in Benton . Played the games there also .

20180113_124625 (resized).jpg

#1026 2 years ago

and New Glarous Brewery .

20180113_143509 (resized).jpg

20180113_143840 (resized).jpg

#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

YOU SUCK, DOUG!!

Apparently not , I put my name up on the high score table of the AMH at Lawrence's. (seemed like factory settings were recently restored though )

#1041 2 years ago

#54 home and set up!!!!!

20180113_183106 (resized).jpg

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Sounds like you hit all the major stops in southern Wisconsin. Lawrence's and the brewery. Yep... that's all of them!
Thanks again ... Lionman!

Well I missed a few good stops though. In Monroe is Mihas brewery, the oldest brewery in the midwest (though it's changed ownership and names a few times , once known as Huber brewing) and is the second oldest in the US . Just north of New Glarous is Wisconsin Brewing co Verona . And Had I made it up to Verona I might as well go to Madison and play some pinball at some of the nice locations there and check out the Breweries there also . If someone had a full day or 2 or 5 to spare they could make a real nice brewery/pinball trip for themselves .

#1099 2 years ago

mods.

20180117_204742 (resized).jpg

#1104 2 years ago

I would assume it ignores the last digit for the match . meaning 30 on the match display would give a credit for games ending in 31, 32 ,33 ,etc. seems like this would be the easiest way to do it .

#1134 1 year ago
Quoted from onceler:

And then we need to integrate the bobble-head into the game somehow too.

next to the beacon light on top of the backbox ?

#1136 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You got a Roo sack!!!

Yes , if playing for golden sacs you need a sack to put them in , otherwise you sit down and your sacs fall down into your friend's couch . True story , that couch is worth about six dollars more since I sat there .

#1137 1 year ago
Quoted from onceler:

What if we get Jay's head to rotate with red eyes and he becomes the beacon light?

That would be great !

2 weeks later
#1287 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Rotated the line up tonight. Looks good here.

That is an awesome line up !

#1298 1 year ago

Finally took down Lionman's grand champion score . As you can now see my score I only destroyed 2 reactors , but I was maxing them out and destroying the reactors with multiballs. I had the 3rd reactor critical , 2 balls locked and I drained going for the multiball . Score could have been pretty awesome had I destroyed #3 during that multiball.

20180203_180208 (resized).jpg

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

nice, looking forward to TNA kicking my arse. the more new streams and gameplay videos I watch the more I think 'oh shit, what did I get myself in for' I do feel a couple sick days coming once it arrives though.. cough cough.. oh wait too soon, I'm #95

Yeah it's awesome this game can really kick your ass ,it makes small victories very satisfying (destroying reactors , extra ball for starting #3) Even though I only got 2 of the reactors it was still a very rewarding ,and intense game I had .

#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah, I am not starting a new game yet. I have ideas in my head, but right now, need to make TNA as perfect as it can be. I know that sounds like a cop out and corny thing to say, but I am really dedicated to making sure the people that put their trust in Spooky and myself are happy with their purchase.
--Scott

And you need some time to rest and relax after TNA .

2 weeks later
#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Okay. So I played the prototype last year at SFGE and have recently started saving to make this my first pinball machine. Always thought it would be funhouse but this wins.
I have some noob questions.
If i buy the mirrors there is no reason to buy the extra interior art offered by spooky correct?
Also If get the shaker, not sure i want it if it overpowers the gameplay but what is the knocker? What other games use one?
Again sorry for the noob questions just want to make sure I save and purchase everything i need.
And thanks for this thread. read every page over a couple days.

Yeah , no reason to get the interior art if you get the mirrors . The mirrors would cover it .
The knocker is a solenoid that has a plunger that hammers a striking plate mounted to the cabinet , so it makes a loud knocking noise when it fires . Tons of games have knockers they typically fire when you earn an extra ball or replay .

#1571 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I messed around with the volume too. Seems like you can't crank it up as much (the max volume is very muffled) The last code I had it about 4 ticks down from max and it was loud and clean.

Did you adjust the settings on the amp? Music sounds fine on my game .

#1574 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

No, I didn't know I was supposed to touch it. What are the amp settings?

It is supposed to come set up from spooky to sound the best . Something may have gotten bumped or moved . I did minor adjustments on my game's amp to make it sound better .Although I believe the amp was put in a position where it is harder to access on purpose , so people would not mess with the settings .

Quoted from Pinballlew:

I heard that possibly the first song has changed a bit? The beep is supposedly different and quieter. Maybe Scott can confirm?

Yeah the beap is less pronounced now (which is what brenna98 might be noticing ) but I thought overall the music sounds cleaner .

#1609 1 year ago

Feel like #105 is taking forever. I know I’m getting closer and looking forward to “the call”. I’m basically going to order every add on and have them installed.
Seriously considering putting mine on route but really want it at home too. Oh, what to do?!

Buy 2 , route one and keep one at home .

#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

I’m trying to update the code and I’m not sure what I am supposed to see? I inserted the usb with the .pkg file and the screen said “updating” and 5 seconds later it said “complete”, remove the usb and power cycle. I did and when it started to boot it kept resetting and now the screen is blank and the numeric displays are cycling left to right. It’s been doing this for 15 minutes. Is it updating correctly? How long should it take?

It should take around 10 minutes to update

#1636 1 year ago

after the update and power cycle the game should start up normal , less than a minute .

#1640 1 year ago

new code file should be 689 MB , make sure you have the whole file on your usb .

#1644 1 year ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

Cool thanks trilogybeer I got it working. But now I have the balls ejecting during attract mode. Everything was working fine before the update.....

Sounds like the game is searching for a ball it cannot recognize . switch sensitivity settings might have changed with the new code and now one is just a bit off . I'd test the switches to make sure they functioning as they should .Just a guess on my part though , I am sure someone here will be able to help you resolve the issue you are having .

#1680 1 year ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

What are the chances of getting LIONMAN! I mean does that just win. I don’t know.

If you get LIONMAN you not only win on the game , you also win everything everwhere .

4 weeks later
#1988 1 year ago

My personal best .Started reactor 5 got it about halfway to critical . Learned a few helpful tactics watching Bowen play it in Texas .

20180325_211006 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2251 1 year ago

As promised !

20180413_222340 (resized).jpg

20180413_222506 (resized).jpg

#2273 1 year ago

My TNA was at MGC all weekend and did very well . Scott updated the code to the latest version he is working on Saturday morning and 472 plays were put on it after that . The game was also used for the clock choas tourny friday night and was told that around 150 games were played on it on the current code that is available . Total games played on it at MGC is in the ballpark of 630 .

20180415_224214 (resized).jpg

20180415_224023 (resized).jpg

#2275 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Maybe ready to sell it now ?

Nope , sorry . I play this game far more than any other game in my collection . Don't think I'll ever sell it , but if for some crazy reason I did sell it I'd get right back in line to buy another one .

#2279 1 year ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Didn't you say the same thing about sttng?, lol

Yep , and I'll most likely own another one at some point .

#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i have one if this is "at some point."

Not yet , I just sold it 3 days ago . But anyone in the market for a TNA should consider contacting KingPinGames . Anyone in the market for Spooky , JJP , CGC , American Pinball games should really consider contacting KingPinGames . He is one of the awesome people in this hobby .

#2298 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Why not sell your tna at a profit and get back in line. The profit would let you get a good way into another pin.

You ask "why not ?" I ask " why " . And I know you gave an answer to this but sorry mine is not not sale . Anyone looking for aTNA should contact Spooky or one of their great distributors. Yeah you'll have to wait but why pay more for a game that Spooky will make as many as the demand requires them to . I understand the urge to own the game right away ( this game is very addictive , that's why I keep hitting the start button ) But I seriously suggest just getting in line , the game is not getting worse as time go by ( In fact the opposite it just keeps getting better ) The wait can be tough be tough but at the end of the wait you'll still be getting the same great game (maybe better if Scott keeps putting out killer updates for this already awesome game. )

#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

The problem with getting on the list is this. Getting on it today puts you in fall. You pay 1000 bucks today and then because of the way the world works one shows up for sale tomorrow and now you are in a great dilemma. Lose the 1000 or wait even though there’s one available

I believe the ones that have sold have been for around $1,000 on top of retail price . Either way you'll lose that $1,000 if you don''t want to wait . My suggestion remains to get in line with Spooky or one of their trusted distributors , again this game will be just as good 8 months from now or later .

1 week later
#2432 1 year ago

I guess I have listened to rock and roll music too loudly in my lifetime because I do not hear the power supply fan in my TNA at all.

1 week later
#2501 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Question for anyone who has installed the lighted side rails. Are the plastic channels inside the rail stapled to the cabinet? Mine are sticking out a bit too far and cannot for the life of me get them to push in any further

Most likely stapled , but they also fit into a groove , they will not move .

#2525 1 year ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I was thinking more as a fun 'brainstorm' idea that may be possible for some pin to do in the future... having more than 1 pin at a location could maybe attract more players than not having them networked and interact as nodes, like the car driving/racing cabinets do. Possible in that regard.

The p3 has a versus game that uses 2 machines . It is a ton of fun if you hit a red shot on your game it traps it and releases a ball on the other player's game . It is really cool the way they did it , it seems as though you physically sent them your ball and vice versa .

1 week later
#2658 1 year ago

Awesome! Happy birthday!

3 weeks later
#2923 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Anyone else having a problem with the sling arms getting stuck sometimes in the forward position? It’s NOT the coil locking on, just the arm isn’t pivoting that smoothly and gets stuck, especially if the ball hits the rubber as such to push the arm slightly to the side as it moves. This behavior has occurred on three different slings. Tried adjusting the coil angle slightly to allow for smoother movement and it helped to a point. Just set the game up tonight and I’m in love with it, only wondering if others have had this issue.

Make sure the 2 screws that hold the coil are tight and that the bracket that those 2 screws hold is not crooked . Seems like you've got something loose and it is binding .

WIN_20180613_20_59_50_Pro (resized).jpg
#2931 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Yeah, we tried loosening them a tad, shifting the coil slightly to allow for smoother movement through the coil, and then tightened them up. Things are better but we still get the occasional bind up. There seems to be some slight side to side play on the arm, not sure if that’s normal or not.

The coil sleeve should go through that bracket and be sticking up past it . If your coil seeve is a bit short it won't hold the coil secure in the center . As for side to side a small amount is normal , but you should make sure that you are not missing any E clips at pivot points .

#2937 1 year ago

player one got totally annihilated .

#2967 1 year ago

You can stack ball saves also and get a bonus for unused ball saves .

#2970 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

where can you buy speaker lights and covers if you don't get it at the factory or are they just offered at the factory and that's it?
EDIT - seems like you have to order from Spooky directly.
Question - if you can only upgrade the speakers or the Screen which one is worth it more?

Interactive speaker grills/lighting are the better upgrade (in my opinion of course)

2 weeks later
#3164 1 year ago

I put in 50% black balls from back alley matt and 50 % powerballs .

WIN_20180704_18_44_00_Pro (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3198 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I am sitting next to mine (left it on) and have been doing some work with my lap top for the last hour. Can't say it has bothered me one bit. Much quieter than the stern fans. But I understand everyone is different. Just don't want the general public to think this is a MUST. I definitely recommend getting the game first, and see if it bothers you before you start getting potential add-ons.

Also ,As I understand swapping out the power supply voids the warranty . Something to consider before doing so .

1 week later
#3256 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

My guess is no, but that was my guess at the total sales several years ago. spookycharlie Did my guess ever make the white board? I remember at the time 500 was considered a very optimistic guess.

I guessed over 1,000 , I hope spooky can keep building these for years to come . This game could very well keep employees at spooky working between new tittle releases .

2 weeks later
#3325 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

How’s the game holding-up interest-wise for owners with a few other games alongside it for variety? i.e. 3~10 games.
I’d love one of these, and they’re not easy to buy in the U.K., but would find it hard to sell an existing game (as always!)

I’ve had mine since January and it still (by far ) gets the most plays out of any other game in my house .

3 weeks later
#3421 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Reason I asked is the buttons aren't the smoothest action, which can happen with a lot of the replacement buttons today. I've got an extra set of vintage Bally buttons, so I was thinking about changing them out. If that won't work, I may just replace the buttons and see what happens.

I could be wrong but I think the holes in the cabinets are different so the Bally style buttons may not fit in TNA

#3426 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

We'll, there's one way to find out. I've already had them off once when I installed the lights for the side rails, so no more glue to mess with. I probably have an extra set of the newer style too. I'm feeling a little lazy to do it now though and a sticky upper flipper on Skateball is more a priority.
I've been really happy with the overall quality of TNA and besides a few switch adjustments, it has been rock solid.
One thing I haven't mentioned is after I first set it up, the center grid lights had a couple that were a little wonky and were lighting the wrong color. It took a little doing to figure it out, but my shaker and knocker weren't working either. So when I looked into that I found the little shaker and knocker board was wired backwards. So I just flipped the connector over and it fixed all the problems including the lights at once. And there have been no more problems ever since.
I don't need no schematics or special tools to fix these fancy newfangled games.

I was going to look into this when I got home but I did some work here ,had a few beers and I am not going to get around to this . Let us know how it goes for you
Cheers

3 weeks later
#3532 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I beat reactor 7 last night!!!
[quoted image]

Nice!!!

2 months later
#4033 1 year ago

Has anyone tried thin nylon washers under the posts ? The size of the base of the post . I’ve seen it done on restored games with clear coated playfields , the washer acts as a cushion between the post and playfield.

#4035 1 year ago
Quoted from Goonie:

That's an excellent idea!
Edit: On second thought, wouldn't the washer just dig into the playfield then?

Nylon is a softer material than plastic that the post is made of .

#4037 1 year ago
Quoted from Toads:

It's working well...[quoted image][quoted image]

Have you had it on there for a while? I’d try to find some washers with smaller holes though so they couldn’t move if the post were to loosen up .

#4039 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'd love to try it if someone can find a source.

Most hardware stores carry nylon washers .One that has a decent selection of hardware bins should have the right size . Home Depot or Lowe’s might have them but finding hardware like that at those stores can be frustrating.

3 weeks later
#4392 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I'll second this. On paper TNA doesn't seem to be all that but it plays so fast and the code is so tight and the sights and sounds are fantastic... I think the extra mile by Scott is what makes it so great.
I'm still amazed at how great the pin is, especially considering how much has been done by one person.

One awesome! person .

3 weeks later
#4641 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Was looking for better explanation of rules than tiltforums wiki rules. http://tiltforums.com/t/total-nuclear-annihilation-rulesheet/3209
Specifically the stand up and roll over targets in the upper PF.
The CORE roll over targets is there anything special if you complete the set?
The 1,2,3 stand up targets in the upper PF I know these and the roll over CORE will advance reactor but do they do anything else if you hit them in sequence or complete the three?

Completing CORE rollovers advances bonus X .
Completing 1,2,3 in sequence will max the reactor value.

#4682 11 months ago
Quoted from Whamtan:

Thanks! Mine are similar, I find them a bit flimsy. Managed to get their jackets removed, now just need to know which wire goes where…

2 solid blue , blue/red in the middle and then blue/green.

2 weeks later
#4775 11 months ago

You can adjust the screws in the lockdown bar receiver to make it easier to lock down . Do them each a half turn at a time until the lock bar fits nice and tight but can be latched easily.

1 month later
#5104 9 months ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I want to be crystal clear that this is not an assumption. I've restored and clear coated many playfields over the years and encountered every issue there is and over time you figure out how and why things happen, whether it be fish eyes, orange peel, chipping, ghosting, etc. If your playfield is prepped properly and cleared with proper time given to cure - at least 4 weeks - you will not have this issue. Full stop.

That’s assuming the problem is with the clear coat , but if you look at the pictures of the playfields that have had issues with chipping artwork is coming up (not just clear ) . In my opinion the problem was with the surface not being properly prepped before the artwork was put on . I think the surface was too shiny (not sanded /scuffed enough) when the print was put on , not giving the ink enough to bite into to adhere properly. This is why it is artwork and clear coming Chipping(not just clear). I saw the same thing when Jjp had issues with chipping , artwork completely missing and underneath was a shiny surface . When Charlie says they resolved the issue I am assuming they are having the playfields sanded /scuffed better or more abrasive before print to ensure adhesion. But again this is just an assumption on my part (I do not know the inner workings of Charlie’s company or what was done to resolve the issue) I have also restored and cleared many playfields and I work at a collision repair shop and with automotive clear coat nearly every single day, so I may know what I’m talking about . Look at the pics on this this thread and the pics of the JJP playfields with chipping issues , same problem and it is not with clear coat or curing times .

#5121 9 months ago
Quoted from eemichael83:

Now that I'm able to post again (couldn't when the thread was hot), just wanted to say I wouldn't hesitate to buy a pin from Spooky again. I originally had some issues with my scoring displays not working properly and contacted Spooky about it a few times trying to resolve what the issue was. If I sent an email, I got a response, sometimes a call, within 10 minutes every. damn. time. At one point, Scott even called me to troubleshoot what the issue was and he was ultimately able to reproduce what I was experiencing and provide a solution. Where the hell else are you going to get that?! BTW thenotrashcougar, we've already got like 650 games on this thing between the wife and I in the 6 weeks we've had it... we may have a TNA problem...

Playing over 100 games a week on an awesome game is a great problem to have .

#5122 9 months ago

My wife doesn’t play pinball but my daughter does.

#5127 9 months ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

So COOL!!!! She is demonstrating some mad skills on a tough game, and her frustration when she drains is a sign of good things to come (maybe a hole in the wall, or a dented coin door or two. Good stuff!

Yeah if she sticks with it She could become a really good player . She likes co-op mode and shows her friends that when they come over . On a side note we went and watched a controlled house fire today so she could see the fire trucks and firemen . At some point she said the fire looked like destroying reactors on Total Nuclear Annohilation . It was pretty awesome.

CB1E42D6-4F99-41D9-B89C-A1F1B50D8150 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#5282 8 months ago
Quoted from imharrow:

After about 1 hour of play, my right flipper is starting to get weak. I haven't taken the assembly apart yet, but will soon. It feels early to need to do a rebuild or even to need to change out the coil sleeve. What are other people's experiences with time to rebuild?

No it won’t need to be rebuilt , that time will come after thousands of plays on it . Check your coil stop , it could be loose and the coil misaligned.

1 week later
#5331 8 months ago

Did you place a wanted to buy ad here on pinside?

#5345 8 months ago

Did you also check the connection on the lcd ? Your issue sounds like that cable is loose .

#5355 8 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Does anyone ever consider it being a concern when few games were made - such as this one - and you keep seeing them pop up for sale?
Probably not? I mean there could be a 1,000 reasons someone wants to sell something and I would assume it’s only because they want something else more.

Nope, worrying about stuff like that is not worth anyone’s time in this short existence we all have . I buy games I like , that’s it .I don’t care what anyone else thinks of them , how many are for sale ,or what the market for them will be in the future .I really like this game and have no plans to ever sell it. I will admit that I am biased and this game was made to suit the type of game I enjoy to play and nailed it , but doesn’t change the fact that it is awesome. If you like this game and want to own one that is all that matters .

3 weeks later
#5426 7 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I've always enjoyed the little things like this in pinball. On my game (or maybe with my play style) this happens pretty infrequently. When it does, I love it. In fact, if thenotrashcougar says he knows when this happens in code I would love some kind of call out or visual! I've been very impressed that it can happen, yet not once has the game improperly trigged into a multiball mode.
Lastly, I think triggering the drop target with software would be impossible. The way those mechanisms are constructed, I think you would have to physically interact with the target in order to get it to drop.

Drop targets can be triggered with software . , it is done with an extra coil used to trigger them . They are triggered at the end of the game to release any locked balls .

1 month later
#5580 6 months ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

It is a standard Spooky cabinet. There is no difference between the folded height of TNA and ACNC. Only difference is the angle of the cabinet when it is setup.

TNA is in a different cabinet . It’s about 5 inches less high at the back of the cabinet . I will take measurements for Mc squid when I get a chance today .

#5581 6 months ago

With the head folded down the games tallest point is 27 inches . That is to the top of the head folded to the front of the cabinet . The bottom of the head folded near the back of the cabinet is 26 inches .

7235285A-F93A-431B-93BD-4D03E56CA481 (resized).jpeg7F563185-E14A-48ED-A87F-6B4634E7463D (resized).jpegEDEF2A21-E9D3-4A21-AB76-CF18AF5940AA (resized).jpeg
#5582 6 months ago

Width of the head is 29 inches

#5583 6 months ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Anyone know the height of a folded TNA (no legs)? I might be joining this club soon and I'd LOVE to know it will fit through the rear door of my car. Most games are too tall by an inch or two but I heard TNA is a little shorter?

If most modern games are only around an inch too tall with the head folded down TNA should fit in your car .

2 months later
#5867 3 months ago

Does your lcd screen show/ say anything while trying to boot? You may have loosened the wire that goes to the lcd , when you removed your thumb drive after update . Game won’t boot with a bad connection to lcd.

2 weeks later
#5903 3 months ago

I’ve got the plunger shot down fairly well By feel and hit the hands free skill shot about 15% of the time .

#5904 3 months ago

Still want the mod that twhtalm made at some point though .

#5934 3 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Just got the shirt from a good friend...Now I need Spooky to do a new run of machines!![quoted image]

Number 550 is being auctioned off tomorrow for JDRF .

2 weeks later
#5979 77 days ago

Green looks awesome , damnit now I’m going to have t buy some.

#5981 77 days ago

Are you set to 10-ball game? I’d need that and maybe another 10 extra balls to even come close to that...maybe.

He’s pretty good , he took at least $1 (probably more ) from me on TNA at the pinballlife open house .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sylacauga, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside