(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,964 posts
  • 507 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by d0n
  • Topic is favorited by 201 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,099 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 3.22.52 PM (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png
IMG_20200708_213522 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).png
received_743793086423851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200705_152923 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200705_101742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200705_152906 (resized).jpg
9B7D6E7D-25D9-4286-9AF6-732DCB266927 (resized).jpeg
20200615_132044 (resized).jpg
20200615_125902 (resized).jpg
7BA84E42-A8A8-45C4-B3D7-AA279D0701D3 (resized).jpeg
E08E3D9E-E2AF-4F00-B650-E96D265BA712 (resized).jpeg
AC31C551-91F1-4C87-A5F2-A8850C5499D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4006 (resized).jpg
20200531_203152 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (2 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (2 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (2 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (2 years ago)

Post #1958 Beacon LED upgrade and suggestions with photos. Posted by NimblePin (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdotcom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2051 2 years ago

Could probably rig one of these off the backbox too?

DISCO (resized).jpg

5 months later
#3531 1 year ago

I beat reactor 7 last night!!!

20180924_161915 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3616 1 year ago

That feeling when you move the hands free skill shot to another position and it lands in the hole you picked originally

Also I play at volume 3 usually....

4 weeks later
#3814 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m somewhat behind on the thread. Code update you say? I really couldn’t envision any way to improve this amazing game.

Co-op high scores. Think Scott is already working on this.....

2 weeks later
#3983 1 year ago

I'm doing a parts order soon and may need a switch for drop target 1 as well. Which switch do I need? I took a quick peak and didn't see it listed here, although it probably is. Also checked Scott's site...

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783

#4000 1 year ago

My HUO playfield has multiple areas chipping paint off too.

#4004 1 year ago

Think mine was around 385....mighta been 283 actually. I'll double check when I get a minute....

**confirmed 283**

#4006 1 year ago

Mines doing it on the slingshot posts too, and you can see some of the star posts digging into the art on the reactor playfield as well.

#4008 1 year ago

Charlie has great customer service after the fact and so does Nitro Pinball. Still sucks as doing a swap is a massive task and if I sell it I will take a huge hit, and it will 1000% scare off buyers altogether in the first place...

#4024 1 year ago

Mine didn't have mylar to start. It's not the mylar's fault originally. The mylar was put on by Spooky later in the run to try and stop the problem. It can pull up paint when you try to remove them, if you are having paint chipping issues.

I've also tried using different mylar, and it won't stay very well under the posts, even after applying it and waiting a week plus to play it....

#4030 1 year ago

I know the feels....

#4070 1 year ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Mine is supposed to be delivered today. I'm debating on just installing the neoprene washers immediately.

Nothing to debate, if you saw what my playfield looked like within a week and what it looks like now, you would cry....

#4075 1 year ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Oh no :[. Mind posting pictures? Unless they're earlier in the thread somewhere and I missed it.

It just looks like other pics that are posted here. Paint chips, missing art, multiple spots. At least 5 spots are missing art and chipped now, and you can see where its going to happen in other spots because the paint around the star posts is all bulged up. I'm gonna try these nylon washers, but the damage is done. Gonna need black ones I guess to cover it.

#4177 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Don’t know if anyone has seen this happen. I turned off ball save at scoop eject but it still will give a ball save occasionally.

Why would you shut it off?

1 week later
#4266 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I think that depends. Some folks on here believe the issue is from game play and the ball banging into the posts - which very well may be. It's my belief that my issue was caused solely by faulty mylar (or whatever they used) around the posts. In the process of it pealing up, it lifted the paint around 1 post. That is the only post I plan on putting a washer on and that is just to protect against it eroding any more even though the ball never appears to roll over it.
Look to see if you have any mylar left around the posts or if it's in the process of pealing or is completely gone. That may determine if you should put anything down in it.

My game didn't come with mylar.

2 weeks later
#4438 1 year ago

Thanks Scott! #bestkind

#4475 1 year ago

I've played a bunch of games on the new code now. 1 issue I've seen so far is the left sling stuck on for longer than normal...good extra second or 2.

#4477 1 year ago

I've only seen it once in about 10 games. But def an issue as I've seen a few people post about it, and I've never had it happen in over 500games before the code update.

#4485 1 year ago

I'm installing new beta now....

#4489 1 year ago

Do I have the new beta code world record? Mine hasn't done anything strange yet on new beta code. My righthand reactor sling was machine gunning a few times, but it probably just needs a leaf adjustment, one leaf looks like it could be a little to close I suppose.

20190106_145702 (resized).jpg
#4492 1 year ago

Ha 7 reactors is my record on old code. I can play

#4495 1 year ago

On the beta before this I had the left sling stick on like in that video above, not machine gunning. Just to be clear

I'll adjust it and play some more tonight. I haven't had a sling stick on yet with newest beta.

#4501 1 year ago
Quoted from callaway15:

Default settings and outlanes? Wow.

Yep, it's def way above my average game though. I'm no Elwin or Gagno, but I can hang

I think one of the jackpots I got in that game was around 750k...

187500 x 4 balls in play I think it was? I'm not positive on that...it was hectic at that point haha

#4503 1 year ago

#alwaysbemaxinreactor

#4504 1 year ago

Put up another decent game. No issues noticed yet. The high score sound effects are a nice touch. Also does the reactor change different colors than it did before? I think I'm just looking for bugs so noticing more things, but it went a nice light blue or teal at level 4 or 5...

Easily one of the greatest games I've owned or played. It's been said 100 times, but thanks again Scott!

20190106_161222 (resized).jpg

#4506 1 year ago

Think it does a new sort of white sparkle light effect? I like it

#4507 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

<3 Thank you.
The reactor colors are the same as in previous versions.

I don't get too level 5 that often then obviously lol

#4508 1 year ago

I just had the right lower sling stick on the newest beta....it's not machine gunning. It actually stays energized.

Gotta make dinner now.

#4513 1 year ago
Quoted from callaway15:

I haven't noticed this with mine

Me either.

#4515 1 year ago

Lsst game of the night. I think something needs to be looked at still Scott. I've had the slings machine gun and sometimes stay energized too. Switches are not set super feather tight or anything. Could be mechanical of course, rubbers or switch issue or something too..my beta testing is over for the day, where do I collect my bitcoins?

20190106_181201 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4567 1 year ago

#stuckyball

20190116_221447 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#5146 1 year ago

Which post sleeves does TNA use? They are skinnier than any of the spares I have.

post (resized).jpg
#5149 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

those are the slim stern titan rubbers. I took mine out after a couple of months because they were falling apart and replaced them with superband sleeve rubbers. I don't care for superband flipper rubbers, but the post sleeves are fantastic.

Perfect, thanks!!

#5156 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

thenotrashcougar any hope for a rubber kit for TNA on pinball life? I have to replace a few and I'm feeling lazy to the point where I don't want to look everything up. Just clicking add to cart would be awesome....for me lol

Forgot we had this...

8b782be2f734eb06ea3cd11fadc2a3e864a4e24c (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#5273 1 year ago

Pshht mine doesn't even have flipper buttons, you have to reach through the coin door and push the linkage by hand....rooks

4 months later
#5820 10 months ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Game controlled room lightingHooked up an esp8266 to the beacon, it communicates with the open APIs of the Nanoleaf Aurora and the Phillips Hue track lighting.

Sick, nicely done!

#5838 9 months ago

I kinda want one too, damnit!

1 month later
#6013 8 months ago
Quoted from procks:

Thank you borgdog it does make sense. I just need to find a good video of someone doing the bend so I can mimic it. I'm not sure how to get myself enough room to work under the playfield.
Can anyone point me to the right tool or tools for the job?
BTW what kind of a tool do I need to measure the angle of the playfield/glass? I never did that when I first set it up.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#6033 7 months ago

thenotrashcougar I think when you beat a reactor speed score and are at the initials screen, it should show you what your actual time was. Simple, but would be a nice little add imo

4 weeks later
#6118 6 months ago

#hockey

IMG_20191216_175111 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6147 6 months ago

Anyone have experience with the first drop target coil firing during attract mode?

**Edit**
I disconnected/reconnected the purplewire coil connector in the back box and hit the power button on the cpu. Will see if it still happens. Very odd that it would happen in attract mode though?

#6149 6 months ago

The opto for the first ball lock must have been seeing a ball that wasn't there. Gonna clean those. Pertaining to my issue above...

#6152 6 months ago

Ya once I thought about it a bit, I realized it had to be that first opto, I’ll check the connector too

#6155 6 months ago

Probably from a playfield plastic is my wild guess...

#6186 6 months ago

TNA needs less fan noise, not more

#6189 6 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

That can be solved by replacing the power supply fan with a silent one. This little one would be heard under the glass

I know, just a joke, but the stock fan is loud as F, and the beacon sounds like a rock tumbler too lol. Both can be fixed for sure

1 month later
#6299 4 months ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

thenotrashcougar
Here’s what new code needs. High scores for coop mode. I have a couple of buddies that come over every wed and we play coop mode. It would be nice to track how far we get and have some high scores or something similar to single player.

That's already in there. Think it only keeps track of one score though, if I remember right...

1 month later
#6321 3 months ago

ANY feedback? None of those spots. Take it out and leave it out

#6337 3 months ago

Just made a big Beta update!!! Feel free to try it out and let me know if there are any issues!
http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724
Thank you!
--Scott

Sweet! Thanks Mr. Danesi.

#6398 3 months ago

OK the next Beta version is ready for those that want to test (1.4.0.b8). I added another cool lightshow to the attract mode.
beta.tnapinball.com
As always, please let me know if you see anything weird. Thank you!
--Scott

Ima install it right now.

#6409 3 months ago

So far I have heard no reports of anything wrong with the latest beta! I guess that means I should make a new awesome attract lightshow, add it in, and make a Production release of this version!
--Scott

Fn hell yes

#6432 3 months ago

I love the ability to change the multiball GI color. Would love to see more colors added there, pink, light purple, etc. You could even randomize it so during the game it picks different colors by itself. It also makes me think that a cool idea would be to have themes. So you pick a color theme/scheme from the menu and it auto selects a blend of colors for the inserts and GI for multiball/regular play etc. Just spitballin.....loving the game still.

#6462 87 days ago

New code always gets me psyched to play. New PB for me on the 1.4 code. Stock settings except I changed multiball to teal.
IMG_20200413_184041 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#6727 53 days ago

Double post...

#6728 53 days ago

I love it too, I gave up on getting mine working 100% though. Spent hours fiddling around with it.

2 weeks later
#6873 35 days ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Recently joined the club... I love this game.
Question do you have a pad of black foam under your left scoop ?
I can hit this shot but ball never drops left or right flipper what seems to be right on the money.
Only way it drops is coming out of reactor or a floater that rolls in there.
Wondering if it’s something that was added by previous owner and why.

They would have added it to try and make the ball go in the scoop better. The scoop is notorious for rejects. I always just fire the ball up the left orbit into the reactor when possible, and let it drop in from above...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 265.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 279.95
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdotcom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside