(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmfeuerh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7434 3 years ago

Hello all

Should the ball hit the top of the right sling when coming down from the right orbit? I have it leveled 0.0 side to side and I have tried 6.5 and 7 degree slope. It seems like it was designed to hit the top of the right sling? If I shoot the left orbit, it comes around fast and goes directly to the right flipper missing the sling, but if there is a short plunge, it hits the sling.

Appreciate your help.

Todd

#7442 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

That is part of the geometry. Some people have bent their metal rails, but I would not recommend it as it could make a fast shot loop SDTM. If you short plunge it will hit the top of the sling.
--Scott

Thx Scott. The family is loving this game.

Todd

#7448 3 years ago

A new issue popped up today. I am seeing random colors throughout the playfield and the timer clocks are jumbled.

Suggestions?

Also, all the ribbon cables underneath the playfield are hot glued to the boards. I dont know if that is stock or if a precious owner did that, but it complicates things. If I needed to remove the hot glue , how would I go about doing that without destroying every light board?

Also, I am on the lasted code 1.42.

I lifted the playfied and noticed all ribbon and molex connections have hot glue on them. I started the game back up again and it was back to normal, but before the end of my game, it was showing multiple colors and the timer was not showing real numbers on either timer. I am hoping this is something central and easy to fix considering it is impacting all of the lights. When I go into light test, it will not not show all green, blue, etc....it is all mixed.

I peeled the glue off of the ribbon cables between the bonus lamp board and the ball saver display and reseated those connections. This fixed the issue for half a game and it went back to the same issue. The bonus lights are all different colors and they stay solid and the clock is not readable. Is this likely a bad ribbon cable, another spot I need to reseat?

A17AF563-A3F7-450A-9303-073E5AD1642C (resized).jpegA17AF563-A3F7-450A-9303-073E5AD1642C (resized).jpegF3665F2D-E729-4408-8C14-C8ADF84E2563 (resized).jpegF3665F2D-E729-4408-8C14-C8ADF84E2563 (resized).jpeg
A3052C60-34F5-4FE2-9C31-149C42A47E04 (resized).jpegA3052C60-34F5-4FE2-9C31-149C42A47E04 (resized).jpeg

#7449 3 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

A new issue popped up today. I am seeing random colors throughout the playfield and the timer clocks are jumbled.
Suggestions?
Also, all the ribbon cables underneath the playfield are hot glued to the boards. I dont know if that is stock or if a precious owner did that, but it complicates things. If I needed to remove the hot glue , how would I go about doing that without destroying every light board?
Also, I am on the lasted code 1.42.
I lifted the playfied and noticed all ribbon and molex connections have hot glue on them. I started the game back up again and it was back to normal, but before the end of my game, it was showing multiple colors and the timer was not showing real numbers on either timer. I am hoping this is something central and easy to fix considering it is impacting all of the lights. When I go into light test, it will not not show all green, blue, etc....it is all mixed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I peeled the glue off of the ribbon cables between the bonus lamp board and the ball saver display and reseated those connections. This fixed the issue for half a game and it went back to the same issue. The bonus lights are all different colors and they stay solid and the clock is not readable. Is this likely a bad ribbon cable, another spot I need to reseat?

Todd

#7454 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Contact Spooky, but I have seen this before and this can be caused from a flaky power connection on the first PD-LED board in your chain. You can find the first board buy following the gray serial cable. It is the LED board that is closest in the chain to the backbox. The 2 pin power connector is not making good contact or is falling out of the IDC connector.
--Scott

That was it Scott. I pulled the hotglue off the first couple connectors off the gray serial cable and reseated them. Tested and it was still an issue, so I kept going to other connectors along that gray cable. Ultimately I think it was one of the 2 pin connectors powering the Bonus Lamp board, which are hard to push in based on the position, but I think that was it because now it works perfectly again.

Thx for the help. If it happens again, I know where to look right away and will likely need to put some hotglue in that spot.

Todd

#7455 3 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar

FYI, my 7 year old son is a pretty good pinball player. He knows how to do dead flipper bounces, drop catches, etc. He came to me crying saying "Dad you made a horrible decision buying this game. It is too hard". Hehe. He keeps playing it though and it is making him better.

Also, if you decide to make a TNA 2 with ramps. I will camp out for that preorder.

Todd

#7456 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the build number is listed on the machine other than the original box? I am the 3rd owner and it would be cool to know which number machine I have.

Thx

Todd

#7458 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Inside the cabinet to right of coin door, right side wall I think .... on the build label, the number contains the build number. Mine is 439 and it has those digits isolated there.

Great, thx. The model # is 00005, which I assume is the 5th game Spooky made. The last 3 digits of my Serial Number are 397, so I am all set. Thx again.

Todd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmfeuerh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=tmfeuerh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.