(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 6 years ago

Forgot to join the club thread. I'm in. Sent my deposit in last Friday. Waiting on my email with build number and what not.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yeah but they would ship it with special packaging. The important part would be, like they said, to open it up with the delivery driver present to make sure it arrived perfectly. I would probably stress out checking it.

What makes it different from shipping any other NIb? I'm going for regular cab.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Forgot to join the club thread. I'm in. Sent my deposit in last Friday. Waiting on my email with build number and what not.

Just got my email. I'm spot No. 174!

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

We're you or anyone else given a delivery guesstimate?

No. I did not ask. I'm happy any time in Q1 of 2018.

2 weeks later
#196 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Is their a headphone jack for this game? This music is too sick not to be able to play while wearing headphones. I have friggin watched the Ed stream 3 times, this is killing me! I need to play this game so I can place my order.

I remember from one of the videos that it does not have a head phone jack. Perhaps one can be added after market?

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

#183 ordered. Can't wait to start seeing y'all open up your games.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

#201 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

AND with another rabbit out of the hat - we are flying none other than the man himself, TNA designer, Scott Danesi in for the show to hang out in the PinballSTAR booth with the TNA and chat with everyone playing, explain the rules, and just be his awesome pinball genius self.

That is awesome! I really want to fly him out to Louisiana for our unboxing party when we get our game in.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

He literally said yes in 2 minutes - you just pay all expenses and he'll be there... He does require full security entourage, limo pickup at the airport, and a harem... Besides that Scott is awesome !

Sweet!!!! I'll reach out to Scott. Megatron the poodle can be his security entourage, he's tougher than he looks:

IMG_5487 (resized).JPGIMG_5487 (resized).JPG

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Is that poodle really named Megatron ? If so I owe you a beer for that one ! Awesome

Yep, Megatron. He took a nap during lunch at work with me today.

IMG_5523 (resized).JPGIMG_5523 (resized).JPGIMG_5524 (resized).JPGIMG_5524 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#272 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

I finally made the leap. Order #195! Getting close to that 200 mark. It came down to GB Prem, SW Prem and TNA. Wanted to get something a little different from my other Sterns (TWD, MET). Hopefully I made the right choice. Looks amazing!!!

Welcome to the club! I'm with you 100% in that the big draw being how different this was from the other games out there right now. From music to rules to layout this is a different animal and will fit in so well in our collections.

Yea, I'm surprised they are not over 200 yet. My guess is they end up running about 350 of these by the end of the run.

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Is $6995 still the price

$5,995, unless you get the butter cabinet then it is 7k.

#285 6 years ago

They are calling it a butter cab. I don't know, just a silk screen high res direct to cab print vs the standard decals I think. I'm just getting mine with the standard decals and saving the 1k for the other extras like knocker, pin gulp, PDI glass, shipping and what not.

Gosh I'm ready for my game! At No. 174 I have a ways to go.

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Scott bringing his personal game to Expo....Man he really is Awesome

Anyone know if a TNA makes it to HAAG in Houston next week? Would be awesome.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

So, does anytime know if Scott has other ideas rattling around in his brain or does this satisfy his designer itch

I am hoping the answer to that question is "no, no more ideas for now" till they are done with production. After the games are all made I'm hoping it's an "oh hell yes".

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Why is that? I don't think Scott is building them.

True, but he is doing the code and what not. He's the man behind this project. I just think it would be ideal for him to keep all attention on the in production game. He said on K's podcast that was what he planned to do.

1 month later
#433 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

One of the most enjoyable things on early SS pins is watching the lighted bonus playfield inserts countdown & hearing the unique sounds at the end of your ball. Some bonus countdowns on games like Space Shuttle, Seawitch, Flash Gordon really execute this very well. It's just so satisfying to watch your ball bonus rack up your score after you drain. IMO that effect would fit perfectly with TNA.

This is a great idea. If you max the bonus countdown ala Quick Silver you could get a bonus destroyed reactor or something (destroy the reactor you were working on before you drained, might want to have the ability to toggle that off in settings). Would be awesome for max bonus.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t know, if 10 made per week and 140 in front that sounds like 3-4 months from now

Are they up to 10 per week production? That’s awesome if so.

1 week later
#500 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

These are the extras you can add. I already sent a shaker and knocker to them. I’m probably going with plastic protectors and inner art as well.

They also offer mirror blades now instead of just the art. I'll likely go with the mirror blades given how solid the light show is.

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

thenotrashcougar Any thoughts around adding an option to randomize the Reactor music? I know im not the greatest player in the world and if I'm only getting to reactor 2 on average per game it might be cool to have the reactor music play randomly instead of hearing just the same two over and over.
What is everyone's thought on this?

I’d like to see an option to have the music mixed up. I’ll never hear the later tracts without this feature.

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Isn't the Music repeating after reactor 3 anyway?!

I've read that each reactor has its own music, so there would be nine tracts?

#532 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Put down my deposit with Spooky tonight. Should know what # I am tomorrow. Very excited

Welcome to the club!

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Selling like hot cakes!
And well deserved. Congratulations Scott

Yep, at least three in one day! Not too shabby at all. I predict they will sell an extra 50 at TPF next March.

#573 6 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Sarge and I thought TNA was too easy so we put in 4 glo balls for tonight’s games.
Hah! It kicked our ass even more than usual.

Video of that would be awesome!

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

39 President coins ordered. check!

Amazon doesn’t have these, not at the price you found anyway. Guess I’ll have to check out eBay as you did.

#648 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I have to sell my TNA spot of #189 for the cost of my deposit $1000.00 USD. I will take Paypal payment. PM me if interested

Sorry to see you go. Good opportunity for someone to jump about two months worth of line.

1 month later
#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Mine went on location yesterday to get some test plays before it is used in the SCS tomorrow here in Indiana, my location is mostly locals at the bar/bowling alley and not really pinheads and they were loving the game, it was really cool to see. The game is going to Indy tomorrow for the tournament, back to Lafayette to be used at local arcade party 6th anniversary at night, then back to my location on Sunday.

Gosh, I wish we had an operator like you near me. Let us know how it holds up with all this packing and moving around and how many plays it gets along the journey.

2 weeks later
#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Scott, When are you going to start your next game?

Hopefully not until TNA has finished its run. I for one want his full attention on TNA (at least until number 174 has shipped).

Do we know how many TNAs have been ordered now? They were just below 300 when I last checked.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Spooky will run TNA for a long time. That's great. Keep in mind that it took Scott a couple of years to design this game. I rather have him start wihin a few months on the next one as it will take long enough to finish that. Spooky can continue building games in he mean time

All the same, I feel better knowing his full attention is on bug fixes, minor code upgrades, determining if parts are robust enough or need an upgrade, etc.

Everyone is always rushing off to the next best thing, I’m glad Scott has kept his full attention on the game being run to make sure it is the absolute very best it can possibly be.

1 month later
#1989 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

My personal best .Started reactor 5 got it about halfway to critical . Learned a few helpful tactics watching Bowen play it in Texas .

Congrats! My guess is Scott’s comments about some new good stuff coming code wise is going to be to code around Bowen’s strategy to increase the risk of using it and make you move the ball around the playfield more to re-light the locks. So...those tactics may be but a temporary safe haven.

2 weeks later
#2259 6 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

#277? Spooky must have really turned up the production this week!

Either a butter cabinet or a location or show game is my guess.

1 month later
#2744 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

My TNA isn't here yet but I went ahead and ordered a Power Ball to be in on this new craze lol

Who’s got the best price on power balls? I need to get one ordered.

#2746 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Thanks! I thought about making a new thread about TNA mods. Hopefully it won't get lost in owners thread

I key post marked it for you to make it easy for people to reference back to if they don’t book mark the post.

1 week later
#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Put a sheet of stern HD glass on my TNA this weekend. Super nice improvement with a lot less glare/reflection. Not a bad $240 upgrade

Thanks for reminding me that I need to order another sheet of anti glare glass. I’ll get that on order today.

#2877 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Any info on why production is going so slow

Has there been an announcement of some kind that production is going to slow down? I have not heard that. We all know it will naturally slow down when ACNC goes on the line beside it.

1 week later
#3067 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

btw turning on the gamma function, reducing the brightness to 30 and the contrast to 100 really help with the monitor washout. I don't feel the need to replace it now, makes a big difference!

Good to hear. I will do this as well. Glad 169 is to you, 174 should be coming out shortly to me.

#3084 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good to hear. I will do this as well. Glad 169 is to you, 174 should be coming out shortly to me.

And...I got my shipping notification. No. 174 is in rout!

#3121 5 years ago

Congrats fnosm

My game has gone from Benton, to St Louis, to Memphis, and is now in Jackson. I’m nervous as heck about the shippers damaging it with so many stops along the way. Hoping to receive the game on Wednesday, would be awesome.

#3140 5 years ago

Number 174 arrived safe and sound and is amazing. Waiting for PavBall to get the first game in. E9201ED7-7CF0-45B5-B3C0-0D153CE9F7A3 (resized).jpegE9201ED7-7CF0-45B5-B3C0-0D153CE9F7A3 (resized).jpeg7088CF42-4CCC-4A11-A38C-D5C6B4479E46 (resized).jpeg7088CF42-4CCC-4A11-A38C-D5C6B4479E46 (resized).jpeg2F8EC089-7B7B-4CFF-9786-8389DEA56997 (resized).jpeg2F8EC089-7B7B-4CFF-9786-8389DEA56997 (resized).jpeg189C3A08-5199-42D1-9F38-2828FD962685 (resized).jpeg189C3A08-5199-42D1-9F38-2828FD962685 (resized).jpeg3E4BC298-C569-4464-BD8D-3B9886196D85 (resized).jpeg3E4BC298-C569-4464-BD8D-3B9886196D85 (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#3810 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

cant wait for the next code update!!!!
I cant believe Scott is still updating it even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m somewhat behind on the thread. Code update you say? I really couldn’t envision any way to improve this amazing game.

1 year later
#6158 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Thanks for your time: internet, Pinside, tomdotcom and Scott!

I didn’t know you had a TNA. Welcome to the club! Hope to see you later this month in LC at the SC. We have a Sunday afternoon event planned the next day again.

#6160 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I’ll be down for the sc.

Awesome! Bring the Mrs. again and stay for the Sunday festivities as well.

Quoted from EasternBloc:

Oh yeah, been playing it since last fall and still haven’t seen #9!

Josh and I set TNA to four ball and finally beat it on a four player co-op. Ha!

#6179 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Magfest 2020! We put ours on a balcony in the atrium!

That’s awesome! Where is that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.