(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strohz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I couldn't forget the idea, so. ..

Custom on the left, stock on the right.

Nice job Herg, looks great!!!

1 month later
#3081 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The box looks like it was attacked by elephants.

The packaging was one of the biggest surprises when I got mine. It really didn't seem up to snuff versus the rest of the game, and definitely is contributing to these problems. While it can never fix ham-fisted f*tards from screwing it up, the cardboard was basically falling off mine (only held on with a couple staples), the straps weren't tight, and they don't have the nice spray foam blocks to keep things from punching through or shifting around inside the cardboard like Stern and others do. Between the thin shell and the game was basically just a few inches of air and some shrinkwrap; anything could easily go through it.

Considering the improved quality Spooky has done in other areas, I'm hoping as they see reports like this and will step it up in the future. I appear to have gotten lucky but was really worried about it having heard stories from others...

2 months later
#3433 5 years ago

I would like to replace the LCD screen with one that has a better viewing angle since it always looks washed out. I saw the one linked in the key posts, but with so many to pick from can someone break down which numbers/specs count for trying to find a replacement? Is Lp156wf1 full-hd key? Does the brand matter or are they basically the same with the same number (Philips, lenovo, Dell, etc.)? What do the (TL) (C1) or (TP) (B1) designators after the model indicate...like if they would fit the mount? Is a B156hw01 LCD equivalent to a Lp156wf1 since the controller board linked lists both? And did you choose glossy or matte?

Thanks as all that means nothing to me and I read some people noticed a big difference where others didn't.

1 year later
#6335 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Just made a big Beta update!!!

Awesome, something to look forward to while stuck at home Stay safe and thanks for continuing to update this like you do!!!

2 weeks later
#6533 4 years ago

Multiball starts and the inlanes and outlanes once completed.

Speaking of which, can the game call out for each level increase? Sometimes it announces something like 2x lane save, 3x lane save, when you earn it, but then if you lose one and regain it it doesn’t always repeat so it is hard to keep track of how many you have unless you are looking all the time?

Thanks again for the update as I’m enjoying the new code! So far I’ve only had 1 “possible bug” where I drained my last ball of a multiball and it kicked two balls into play for no apparent reason. I didn’t have a ball save running I know of, and not sure why 2 balls might come back either, but don’t know enough other details to try and repeat it. It just seemed unusual so curious if anyone else has reported something like that.

#6543 4 years ago

Thanks for explaining the outlane colours, I never put the ROYGBIV together before and it was a little confusing without the call outs. But your logic makes perfect sense!

1 week later
#6630 3 years ago

For those of you with a dialled in game, where does your ball land when you do a short plunge? Mine always hits the right sling, but I watched the video with Bowen blowing it up at TPF and his consistently landed on the right flipper with a small slap. I never thought about it before so curious if my ball guide needs adjustment, or what is normal since I dread when I do one? I’ve seen the expertise folks have in the R&M thread so figured I’d check first before I go messing with anything. Thanks!

3 months later
#7022 3 years ago

Awesome!

#7028 3 years ago

Very cool Scott!!! Can’t wait to see what folks come up with now...

Did you ever add new audio call outs for drain save levels?

1 month later
#7191 3 years ago
Quoted from Maleko:

I just noticed the backglass art on my TNA is separating/cracking in various spots. Anyone else experiencing this?

I went to update the code one time and I noticed I had multiple cracks like that running throughout the backglass and a couple of areas had completely broken loose! I always assumed it was a silkscreened backglass, but appears to be some sort of vinyl layer as it isn't ink flaking? I reached out to their customer service about it and they weren't sure why it happened to some, but we exchanged photos and they took care of it to my satisfaction. Like many others have commented, Kudos to Spooky tech support for sure! Definitely reach out to them about it if you haven't yet.

Backglass cracks (resized).jpegBackglass cracks (resized).jpeg
2 years later
#9368 1 year ago

Mine did the same thing so I asked the question back in post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/133#post-5619996. As others have said, per the designer it is supposed to do that.

2 months later
#10317 1 year ago

I just posted a pretty lengthy blog post on my website about how to get the most out of your TNA sound system.

I get a "There has been a critical error on this website" when I click the link?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strohz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=strohz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.