(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob-t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5386 4 years ago

Anyone have bull jump issues?
Ive had it hit the glass, sidewalls, wood rails.

#5388 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Go into the menu and adjust the coil settings down on the slings.
It will become a little tamer then

Awesome thank you.

#5407 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Finally got my lighted side rail mod and lighted hinge mod installed today! Wow. I love it. Check out hooked Sweet sweet mod!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you run the wires for the siderails?

#5414 4 years ago

What are your coil settings? My flippers and slings make the ball jump every time. I had the slings on 5 and the ball bounced back and forth between the two then jumped hit the glass landed on the sling and broke the corner of the plastic off. I love this game so much but it goes airborne constantly. Im worried its just gonna destroy itself.

#5419 4 years ago

Anyone else experiencing a lot of ball jumping on this machine?

#5420 4 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Thanks for your patience guys!
The upgrade: Cointaker’s 13 LED 89 bulb in RED
[quoted image]
In a lit room up close...
[quoted image]
Facing forward in a dark room.
[quoted image]
Facing away in a dark room.
[quoted image]
All in all I’m happy with how it turned out using the red version. It could be brighter if you went with a warm white option but, the beacon would get washed out to more of a pink hue if you used it.
The deep red is where it’s at.
I’d personally love somebody to create/3D print a clear vertically faceted diffuser dome to cleanly go over the 13 cob to blend the lighting a bit more.
Right now you can clearly see the individual LEDs underneath the beacon.
It’s not a dealbreaker but it is pretty obvious.
Still looks better than the stock 89 and really lights up the place at night.
Hope this helps folks!

I ordered this bulb, ill keep you posted about how it looks when it comes in.

20190611_101627 (resized).jpg20190611_101627 (resized).jpg
#5439 4 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here is our newest topper design for Total Nuclear Annihilation. I will be testing it on Scott's game next week and hope to have it interact with the siren topper on the game. Here are some pics and a vid.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where can i buy one?

#5441 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Thanks! I'm happy with how it turned out. The notch I filed is probably unnecessary, but I'd rather not worry about it hitting the plastic post too. I actually like the look of neoprene washer being there, it's also a nice little extra layer of protection below the post washers.

Where did you get those neoprene washers?

#5444 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm thinking of changing my post to Fluorescent Green the upper - Narrow Plastic Post 1-1/16" Tall #550-5059-11 and the Fluorescent Green Transluscent Star Post 1-1/16" Tall #550-5034-11 from Pinball Life. I changed the clear plastic protection to ... Yep Fluorescent Green. Yes I like green but can't keep it in my wallet. What say you.[quoted image]

Where did you get those plastic protectors?

#5458 4 years ago

I just ordered a set yesterday from Scott

#5460 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I know who you are now! Muhahah!
Gotta give a shout out to spiderpin for the idea to cut these in Fluorescent Green! They look really neat and radioactive.
--Scott

Crap you found me lol. Thank you Spiderpin for coming up the this. I love the radioactive glow these have. Fits the theme perfectly.

1 week later
#5485 4 years ago

Fluorescent pink and green plastic protectors.

20190629_210530 (resized).jpg20190629_210530 (resized).jpg
#5488 4 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Hi All, can anyone suggest the best way to protect the left scoop edges on TNA? I have seen people using mylar, self laminating sheets, and also "painting" an adhesive or something on the inside edges to protect it. Also, if anyone knows the latest on when a Cliffy might come available (I am aware there are design/install challenges with that part of the playfield).
Thanks so much!

I have a playfield protector over the whole playfield and it covers this area around the left scoop

#5493 4 years ago
Quoted from JamesMxP:

So much for the adjustment. The tension of the spring bends the metal stop back to where the brass finger binds every 10 games or so. Kind of frustrating for a game I’ve had for one day.
My pop bumper also fell apart, which was exciting. Thanks to Chris at Spooky who responded to my panicked email late at night on Thanksgiving with reassembly instructions.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have those instructions still? This just happened to me.

#5498 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Are there reasons to not update, or ya just havent? I feel compelled to do it asap

No there is not. The latest update fixes all the problems in the old software, like airballs, hitting the glass, makes the slings run better, made my game play great without worrying it would destroy itself.

#5503 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

There is just something about this game....[quoted image]

Its an awesome game. I love that it looks very easy but is not at all, its a fast challenging game with the best lightshow and soundtrack. The shots are very well layed out and feel great accomplishing them. Its a keeper for sure.

#5517 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I was looking at the bright yellow one that's out there, but it didn't really seem to "match" the game. I like this one better, and it was only 30 bucks.

I like either one. I have the yellow one. I think it goes good with the game.

20190606_214804 (resized).jpg20190606_214804 (resized).jpg
#5549 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

OMG. I just installed the speaker kit from spooky. LOOKS AWESOME!

I love mine too, they look so good

#5550 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I searched but wasnt able to find. What are you guys setting your reactor coil power to? Mine was on 15 but is killing the right top slingshot star posts quickly. And by killing I mean shattering. Thanks

What software do you have? Go to tnapinball.com and download the newest software update and install it on the machine. There is instructions on the site

#5552 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

1.30. I know how to change it. I was asking what level people have on theirs as a guide. Thanks

Ok just making sure, my pop is on 15. Slings are 14

#5553 4 years ago

Do you have neoprene washers under your posts?

20190714_212030 (resized).jpg20190714_212030 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#5639 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Here's a sample of something i've slowly been working on, summertime lazyness. Optos track the plunger and will have different effects for ball waiting to plung and autoplunger. The paper is just acting as a diffuser and will not cover the main opening.[quoted image]

Count me in

1 week later
#5700 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Here's a sample of something i've slowly been working on, summertime lazyness. Optos track the plunger and will have different effects for ball waiting to plung and autoplunger. The paper is just acting as a diffuser and will not cover the main opening.[quoted image]

Is there a waiting list?

1 week later
#5745 4 years ago

Anyone else have the issue where most shots to the left scoop don't actually make it in most the time?

#5774 4 years ago

Can you do a go fund me for the soundtrack on vinyl? Im sure you'd easily get enough people. A colored vinyl like some of the example shown below would be amazing.

1cb4e9e144064f86b781103bb33800d6.jpeg (resized).jpg1cb4e9e144064f86b781103bb33800d6.jpeg (resized).jpgDreamState_PP_TransBluePurple_1024x1024 (resized).pngDreamState_PP_TransBluePurple_1024x1024 (resized).png
#5782 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Guys/Gals,
So about the vinyl, there are a few issues. The first issue is cost. Unfortunately, I do not think there is enough demand in this project for me to not lose money. I really just do not want to do that. This would be a pretty damn expensive project. I also take a hard stance for any of my projects using anything like go fund me or kickstarter.
The next issue is that the TNA album is about 50ish minutes in length. In order to get this to sound good on vinyl, this would have to be a double record album. You can only jam so much on one side of a record before you have to sacrifice sound quality and overall bass/volume levels. Which this leads back to the first problem of cost.
There actually is one more thing unfortunately... I would have to remaster all of the music specifically for the vinyl format. This is less of an issue and more of a thing that I would just have to allocate time to.
I get requests once in a while for vinyl, but I honestly just don't think the demand is there for people to spend $40-50 on the double album.
--Scott

Sorry Scott, just throwing out ideas. I love vinyl.

#5795 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Shaker is a Must Have on this game

It is, the way its coded in the game is amazing.

#5798 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Maybe we can take spare led boards and splice in to the existing insert ones in such a manner that they would be programmed identically? Probably not possible the way these things are individually addressable...

They wouldn't need to be addressed individually. Id totally be cool with the led drops doing the same thing as the arrows.

#5800 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I think what he means is that connecting another in a chain could mess up the LED allocations. Needs a duplicate, no new address. Alien had this kind of issue switching to the Single GI LED from the Tower GI LEDs (which had 5 addresses in one unit). Caused all the inserts in the chain to display in the wrong places.

Ah ok that makes sense.

#5807 4 years ago

I love the beepgate reprise. Can you do an option in the finished code release to choose either song for the main theme? I think it would be cool to be able to switch it up sometimes.

2 weeks later
#5836 4 years ago

Here's what i added this weekend. The video starts on ball 3.

2 weeks later
#5872 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

not that i am aware of. what seems to be the issue?

Yea random lights started coming on. Im gonna reinstall the previous version

#5873 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Wish mine would do that. Maybe I'd get past reactor 5 for once.

Mine did that before. It was a cracked solder joint on the opto board power socket. Wiggle the connectors to the opto boards to the trough and if it triggers it thats the one

2 months later
#6128 4 years ago

Whats a good hd lcd replacement?

1 week later
#6175 4 years ago

I was thinking today about the idea of incorporating a small oled screen into the plastic of the core/danesi lock where the fan graphic is to display this gif. Would be cool to make one with the cutout, the screens don't appear to be expensive. Could anyone make this a thing?

2409930 (resized).png2409930 (resized).png
#6176 4 years ago

There's even transparent screens so it could match game lighting

#6183 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

dri thanks for posting that fix. I had some Black Magic Film Tint 35% that I used. I did two layers. So I'll call it 70% lol. Before and after[quoted image][quoted image]

Call me crazy but i like the look of the score displays the way they are goes with the art around them and the theme of the game better.

#6184 4 years ago

Here's what it could look like

2020_01_04_16_48_12.gif2020_01_04_16_48_12.gif
#6188 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

TNA needs less fan noise, not more

That can be solved by replacing the power supply fan with a silent one. This little one would be heard under the glass

1 month later
#6296 4 years ago
Quoted from FireGamer3:

My pop Bumper finally "self dissembled" on me after about a year of owning it. I haven't frequented this thread much over the past but luckily I found some posts that had the same thing happen to their game so now I know the order in which these go back on the pop bumper. Now to find the other nylon locking nut, It seems to be playing a really good game of hide and seek...

It happened to me too. No biggie, put it back together and put some locktight on the threads and you'll be set.

2 years later
#8430 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I had no idea there was an opto back there, I should have looked at more than just the drop target switches.
As always, thank you for your help Scott - really appreciate it!

The optos are under the fan plastic near the drop bank

2 weeks later
#8463 1 year ago

I made this the other day

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob-t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=rob-t-800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.