(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,953 posts - Hot topic!
  • 507 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by sataneatscheese
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,098 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled (resized).png
IMG_20200708_213522 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).png
received_743793086423851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200705_152923 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200705_101742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200705_152906 (resized).jpg
9B7D6E7D-25D9-4286-9AF6-732DCB266927 (resized).jpeg
20200615_132044 (resized).jpg
20200615_125902 (resized).jpg
7BA84E42-A8A8-45C4-B3D7-AA279D0701D3 (resized).jpeg
E08E3D9E-E2AF-4F00-B650-E96D265BA712 (resized).jpeg
AC31C551-91F1-4C87-A5F2-A8850C5499D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4006 (resized).jpg
20200531_203152 (resized).jpg
20200531_203151 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (2 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (2 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (2 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (2 years ago)

Post #1958 Beacon LED upgrade and suggestions with photos. Posted by NimblePin (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 2 years ago

I'm going to buy probably wait a few months.

Can someone please post high resolution / detailed pics?

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

looks like a cool game, not sure if that music would get old. I didn't hear many callouts, I like the layout, though.

That video is old, many more songs added not sure about the call outs though.

#54 2 years ago

confirmed in 4th batch

#55 2 years ago

Are any of you guys getting the butter cabinet?

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Someone in another thread said fourth batch. If so, that's incredible for Spooky. It's only been on sale for a couple days.
Sounds like a success!

I hope it's a great success for Scott and Spooky. Glad to support a new company that ships games and truly appreciates it's customers. I've bought several from Stern and honestly believe they didn't give a darn about me besides my money.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Charlie stated on Twitch tonight that they had passed America's Most Haunted (150) in sales. I hope they make it much further!

I'm glad the didn't go down the 300-500 limited edition path so if this is a hit maybe it'll sell in significant numbers.

500 would be great don't get me wrong but the sky's the limit.

#93 2 years ago

They said something about using the extra time to make AC great. So I'm assuming if they want to refine the code etc on AC and they are humming along on TNA they may just push AC back a bit. But I'm just speculating.

#115 2 years ago

can you snap some pictures? Do you have the side art blades?

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

They come with metal leg protectors pre-installed from the factory.

I also ordered one the other day looks fantastic. I'm debating decals or butter cabinet.

Was curious if you're still working on code or LCD screen etc.

Will there be any side missions like hurry up shot or frenzy mode (maybe from the mystery award?) Not something that is seen all the time but maybe more now and then random that's outside of the core game?

#125 2 years ago

Thank you! No frenzy mode planned at this time, but I am still working on the code and the display.

can you say what percentage are ordering the butter cabinet?

#133 2 years ago

I don't see why not. People will probably make new instruction cards and score cards too. I will see about putting something on the LCD.

Maybe explanatory text or short video in attract mode.

Like opening scene of 'The Terminator'
IMG_0022 (resized).PNG

#151 2 years ago

Sorry to say that having two threads of TNA is now annoying and redundant.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Ok I am undecided, butter cab or not? I think I will keep this game forever and I know it's very expensive to do this upgrade but is it worth it if you plan on keeping it?

If you plan on keeping the pin forever and not worried about resale value, and if you can afford it probably go for it.

1) better cabinet art presentation
2) supporting Spooky and Scott, they are not getting rich off of TNA and it's s labor of love but IMO if selling a butter cabinet puts a little extra change in these guys pockets I'm not opposed to that.

Whenever I spend too much money on something, I kind of rationalize that I'm supporting the economy by spending money, supporting a little mom and pop company etc..

#170 2 years ago

Value like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It's like this, some folks will go to the Super Bowl and spend $5-10k for a weekend, hotel, travel, meals, plus game tickets etc..

That's not for me, but if they enjoy it and it's fun for them etc..

My point is some people can afford more than others. Some people $5995 is a stretch but others not.

What I'm saying is that (IMO) the option does have some value, maybe it's just somewhat better than decals maybe it's a lot better I don't know.

But put it this way if it were free you could take decal or paint most would prefer the paint.

If it were $99 upcharge probably most would prefer the paint.

I'm sure the price is twofold

1) it costs more to do the paint
2) Spooky and or Scott will get a bit extra profit.

I'm unsure if it's worth all that money, but heck of a deal when you consider BM66 SLE costs $15k. That's double what TNA costs with every option.

#171 2 years ago

Finally I'll add it's not as if Spooky is pushing us to buy the butter cabinet it's more like they're doing it as a curtesy in case we wanted it. So I'm not thinking that Spooky is making a bundle on this option paint cabinet.

I'm getting it but at the same time I'm apprehensive that it'll make me more of a worry about it if some kids decided to scratch it.

3 weeks later
#206 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR Amusements, Spooky Pinball distributor, is proud to announce we will have TNA at the York Gameroom Show in York, PA next weekend Sept 29-30...
AND with another rabbit out of the hat - we are flying none other than the man himself, TNA designer, Scott Danesi in for the show to hang out in the PinballSTAR booth with the TNA and chat with everyone playing, explain the rules, and just be his awesome pinball genius self.
We are of course currently taking pre-orders for TNA $ 1,000 down. Email Joe at Sales@PinballSTAR.com !
Hope to see everyone at York !
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

Rock on!

#224 2 years ago

He means the flyer.

1 week later
#245 2 years ago

Pinballstar can provide Spooky a presence at far away shows like Allentown and York without having to travel there, buyers from Pinballstar can build up a leverage when buying more games such as JJP or other things they sell.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

I finally made the leap. Order #195! Getting close to that 200 mark. It came down to GB Prem, SW Prem and TNA. Wanted to get something a little different from my other Sterns (TWD, MET). Hopefully I made the right choice. Looks amazing!!!

I believe TNA is a great *different* pin to most collections. I wish that I had more different pins, but can't see what to get rid of. With myself it came down to TNA or AFMr. I think TNA will be a lot more rare fro what thats worth, and much different than my other pins.

#291 2 years ago

$50 extra shipping iirc

1 month later
#446 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Thinking of pulling the trigger. What is the current lead time from order to receipt?

I don’t know, if 10 made per week and 150 in front that sounds like 4 months from now.

#450 2 years ago

I’m fine waiting at number 150’s need to save up a few dollars.

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’m in. #191. Hope to get it before my Tesla 3 (was I ordered the Tesla onthe first day). The race is on!

LOL

I'd estimate you are looking at March 2018

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

You beat me to my edit!

I edited you back

Anyway I'm on for the Tesla 3 also but I put my order in late so I'm likely late 2018 for the 3.

4 weeks later
#779 2 years ago

I haven't seen a cassette player in like 10 years.

1 week later
#798 2 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I wonder if the design of this game lends itself better to having many versions of code offering up a broader range of games compared to other designs? For example, adding a feature that causes the reactor to start 'leaking' would involve just having leds programmed to flash different color timed sequences etc. I think the lack of ramps and toys, and relying on lights, color, sounds, targets, shots, time make it a better generic platform for custom code forks, but not sure.
Also, having unique call-outs that rarely repeat themselves, like sounds song samples would be cool, as I find call-outs can get repetitive. Having 'organic' callouts with lots of cheap onboar memory to spare, and lots of license free sounds/music can make it more interesting than repeating call-outs... Same with light sequences, having randomness in the light patterns can make it more interesting over time, I would think. Most games have yet to take full advantage of the the ability to program LEDs and change their colors in new ways not possible in the past.

I was trying to figure out ways to make the game more varied. As people said they can make a player mode to see one reactor high score.

On games like Mario you can play a level for most points *or* you can complete quickest as a time trial. IOW see how fast you can complete a set of objectives.

1 week later
#1051 2 years ago

Any Maryland guys can confirm, said VUK pizza has TNA?

I'm going out of town for the week.

1 week later
#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

A hurry up would be fun. Snack bar style.

Agreed maybe a different mystery award like a frenzy ‘switch mode’ or hurry up shot award for big points.

1 week later
#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

» YouTube video

Awesome and great to see the high-def options so I can stream in 1440 and it's almost like being there.

I think this is the best stream, those that have not yet played it and are on the fence should be able to get a great idea of what it is to play the game. That video setup is great and it shows how much fun this game is and this is just solo play. If you don't like that it's fine. Some might like more in terms of rules or pick you own adventure type game. But TNA is just a complete pinball game as it stands (IMO).

I just played the game last week first time and as I said then, could have bought AFM remake which was on my wish list forever. But TNA is just so fun and different that that I'm happy to wait for my game #153 (I think).

#1321 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

+1
Karl's gameplay videos are some of the very best and keep getting better! The direct feeds from the video screen and score display are a nice touch too and much appreciated.

I’d like to add that for myself watching a nice video can be as good or an adjunct to myself actually playing the game. I bought Tron pin before I’d ever played it just watched the videos, and it’s still one of my all time favorite pins.

I played TWD and Woz a lot of times never clicked but watching some of the tutorial videos and seeing modes that I’d never got to have had a positive effect on my appreciation of the pins.

With TNA played it but hard for me to get the feel in 15-20 games but with the video especially such a well recorded video I got more of a feel from watching that than my few hands on gameplay.

2 weeks later
#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Heyyyyyy......KT told me I WAS #153.

The jokes on you, I’m #152

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Nice! Did you order during the Jacques Dangre stream, too? Free shaker?

Yep, I’m a sucker for free stuff.

C62037C1-B903-42F7-A113-E0F70F5E1363 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#2141 2 years ago

At the end of the interview Scott talks about ‘speed run’ of the game. This is something I was thinking about since the beginning when discussing how it’s like a video game like Mario where you can try to complete a level in the shortest time. I wonder if that could be something that you can track like a high score table, quickest time to 4 reactors or something.

It may not mean anything because pinball is usually about high score but if you want to play it just to beat a time from before or have a contest with multiplayer it would be interesting not worry as much about score but just the time.

#2144 2 years ago

Or more time for each reactor, if you don’t destroy reactor 1 in one minute your drain (countdown/hurry up style). If you survive, reactor 1 you get 2 minutes for the second reactor etc.

you’re going to be looking at the clock as you get down to it, like on Woz TNPLH you havd to get it done and it makes the pressure more intense.

#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I looked around with a flashlight and didn't see it. Possible it's hiding somewhere. Arrgh!!

This is like quantum particles where the ball is both there and not there at the same time.

Try this equation out.

4768878A-6E92-4C81-9AB7-38D209185BB1 (resized).jpeg

#2234 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Playing co-op vs playing competitively really changes the dynamic of playing the game. It is literally a game changer. Innovation baby!
Scott Danesi is awesome!

I think what Scott is doing thinking outside of the normal box much like Safecracker is different from other pins, it puts TNA in a great position as something different in a collection of mostly same games for me because I have all modern pins of the last 10-16 years.

Plus it gives a different twist on the way you play.

Just hope it’s easy to figure out how to start what type of game. I’m hoping maybe this will get my wife or kids interested in pinball.

#2240 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Close. For first credit hold until co-op mode. Then for vs. a second long hold. Now for vs. you must load 4 players or the game reverts to standard co op mode.

Dear lord that’s complicated. Hopefully it have onscreen instructions.

92631F86-B062-482C-8974-6C65B5955036 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#2430 2 years ago

It would be nice to have quite PS option from factory. I understand why they don’t go with it as standard if they need to reach a specific price point but like the butter or side art it could be a paid option.

#2453 2 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

So i was up till 2 am last night watching the deadflip/Ed Robertson video. I have never been so surprised by a pinball machine. When I heard it was a flat game with no ramps I immediately wrote it off as slow and boring without seeing it action, big mistake. But I heard some raving about it on podcast which led me to the video.
I normally do not get through the full dead flip streams although I do enjoy, just pressed for time. This one I watched most of it and that game lends itself so well to video. It was action packed and the speed of the game and shots looked fun and super challenging. Thanks to Ed and Jack for the video, it was very well done.
If I had infinite cash at the moment I would immediately order one but now i am hoping I can find one somewhere to play and hopefully down the road I can pick one up. Great job Scott, another asset to pinball and even more reason to order from Terry.

Here's a better video you can watch it in 1440 definition or higher if you have the monitor, better filmed and (I prefer) single play so you can see what the rules are like.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bowen+pinball+total+nuclear&&view=detail&mid=CFBD86215562B3B515D0CFBD86215562B3B515D0&&FORM=VDRVRV

#2457 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Initial impressions: lots of fun. Have played roughly 30 games, all but one beat me up pretty good... popped off 2.23 million tho, this AM. Not sure if that's good, but felt good!
Overall build quality: great
Positives: real backglass (which I had completely forgotten about), dialed in out of the box (basically plug and play), intuitive service menu, wrapped in box (major bonus if you have tight doorways, super fun game
Negatives: fan is definitely loud (ordered replacement), LCD screen has bad off-axis viewing angles.
Spooky gets an "A"!

Great is this the first time you got to play TNA?

What are you switching the fan or entire power supply?

I think I’m 20-30 spots behind you but no word yet to pay.

#2459 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yup. Purposely waited...
I'm just switching the fan - it's a $10 part. A new quiet power supply is more like $280.
The fan is zero problem when the game is being played... only when unplayed. Even then it's not a problem, but it is significantly louder than WOZ, IMO.

Great maybe you can walk me through the fan swap!

What do you think of the sound system?

#2561 2 years ago

When the machine is idle does it play a Soundtrack like Woz does?

#2630 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I am curious why you pulled it out of WOZ, because if ever there was a pin in need of additional GI lighting, WOZ is it.

Initially I had thought Woz was dim or needed GI help, but since it’s in my game room and dim lighting it’s totally fine imo and probably helps the overall feel of the pin with the insert lights really pop especially in witch all lights on mode which is totally the best lighting I’ve ever seen in a pinball machine.

Here’s my brightest game IMVE next to Woz. Woz looks fine when you are playing it even in very dim room.

67BFA4F2-9234-423D-8A34-81B8EC26F3D5 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2690 2 years ago

4411BB5E-A288-46B1-914D-77F6CA32C716 (resized).png

3 weeks later
#2962 2 years ago

Just cash it in on an inlane, it will activate the global ball save.
--Scott

Can you explain that?

2 weeks later
#3162 2 years ago

to the guys who put power balls in TNA, do you put in 4? Also do you play with PB all the time or just occasionally?

#3167 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Only 1... it appears at various intervals depending whether it or other balls are locked or not.
IMO, it’s a must add. Super fun

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#3213 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's hard to believe you guys waited so long and paid up for this game, only to have it walk out the door so quickly.

It’s a crazy hobby, I sold STLE and LotR which are both outstanding pins and pushed TNA back 200 spots but was able to buy Woz, DI and AFM LE instead.

#3219 1 year ago

66F44778-989D-4713-8FFB-875E8EF67611 (resized).jpeg

#3223 1 year ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

If your waiting do like me and put the money aside in savings.
It's earning me money until I get the email to pay for mine, so no big deal.

I purchased DI LE and AFM LE to hold me over. AFM LE is nearly sold out or hard to find nib anymore. I know a thousand will be made, so it's not scarce. But I decided to grab two great pins while I wait.

#3246 1 year ago

It would be nice if Spooky would allow for new buyers to pay extra for improved lcd screen so we don’t have to throw out the old one and pay twice for an lcd.

It would be a bit extra work but so is butter cabinet option.

Ditto silent power supply.

#3252 1 year ago

Have the sales past 500 yet?

#3268 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's supposed to have a terrible viewing angle?
I don't think so...

Maybe yes, if it’s meant to emulate late 80s era. Ever watch a YouTube clip pulled from late 80s footage? Looks like crap.

3 weeks later
#3384 1 year ago
Quoted from T7:

New Interactive TNA Game Guide: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=890
- Interactive Shot Map displays shots for selected rule
- Optimized for Cell Phones
Please check it out[quoted image]

Can you explain how you up the reactor points once it’s past critical level?

#3390 1 year ago

How do you get 4 ball multiball?

3 weeks later
#3465 1 year ago

Wanted to clarify some thing on the rules.

When the reactor is active and the ball in the upper PF what is required to overcharge the reactor (stand up targets and/or roll over lanes?) is there a pattern or some shots that are more valuable?.

Once the reactor reaches maximum it's ready to collect, is there a way to raise the value (aside from the multiball PF multiplier?). Example: DI once the phone is activated to 100% subsequent electric man hits will increase the value of mode shots. I was curious if each reactor was static value or able to be added to by certain means?

Are there any combo awards (repeat loops?).

How is super spinner qualified?

1 week later
#3509 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

I ran into one small issue. The retaining bumps on the sides are offset, so one of them didn't line up. I clipped it off, and is working great now. Finally, a beacon that is bright enough.
[quoted image]

Do you have a picture of what you did or draw a diagram so I can do because I’m not good at these types of on the fly fixes.

#3514 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I bought the referenced light also... definitely is significantly brighter. Came in a 2-pack for $17. I’ll sell the unused one - shipped in CONUS - to someone for $8.00.
Note, this one has two nubs at different heights (as noted above)... I got it to work in mine. But, see what herg says
Pm if interested.
[quoted image]

I can take it.

#3521 1 year ago

Is there an option to lose progress if you drain the ball before you destroy the reactor? Like in Dialed In! When you drain you lose the uncollected SIM cards. This could be an option that might make destroying the reactor more vital before you drain. The reactor could reset (cool down) because you didn’t act quick enough.

#3523 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it does cool down

I’m not sure I understand the above posts which said the reactor remains critical after you drain.

Quoted from blurfocus:

I noticed that if I drain the ball while the reactor is critical, the shaker will not be running for the next ball even though the reactor is still critical.

#3525 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

while you are building the reactor to 100%, it slowly cools down until you lock it in at 100%

I’m asking is if you had got it critical and you drain it still is critical when you restart the next ball, might be fun to have the option to loose that progress like you do in DI when you fail to collect the SIM card before drain. I know I’m DI there is an option to disable this lose SIM card aspect.

I mean it’s a brutal game already but might be funny to see someone one shot away from destroying the reactor drain and curse the machine like I do when I drain on DI with waiting SIM cards.

I didn’t know if that an option in the menu for TNA.

#3528 1 year ago

Thanks for the explanation.

I’m anxiously waiting for mine pin.

30F514B0-65B6-4A0E-B765-44A4C4AD8CD0 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#3648 1 year ago

Just set up my TNA #343 looks great and plays fast.

My question the beacon does not seem to be active, where can I find the beacon test? Is it possible that it is not plugged in, when will it normally light up?

Thanks

1A0A486B-05AD-47B9-A0DD-02527CDAFD69 (resized).jpeg

#3650 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

right now the beacon test can be done in via the "burn in test." I believe that there will be a dedicated test in the next software release.
the other thing you can do start a reactor, then it should activate.

It was never lit with reactor. Might it be disconnected, what to look for?

#3657 1 year ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

My TNA #314 was shipped with the beacon turned off in menu. Could just have been a mistake at factory. Once I saw that and turned it on, no issues.
-Mike

What part of the menu I didn’t see it.

Is there an owners manual?

#3658 1 year ago

Can someone summarize how to set up co-op or vs mode?

#3688 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

you can also just activate the reactor with the glass off and see if it works...i thought mine didnt work but it did

Got it to work, just jiggled the connections but I couldn’t see anything explicitly disconnected.

#3737 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We aren't charging anyone for them... and we cut the size back after we found this after a month of play to make it better. I got over zealous after initial tests were good and tried to make them too big. Now they are just a tiny bit bigger than the post itself so they stay trapped. If you push the post in the direction of the impact it's going to take THEN tighten, it helps a ton too. We didn't learn that immediately.
And yes... it is possible a new worker over torqued, clear wasn't cured long enough, etc etc etc... so many variables it's silly. We also noticed it's ONLY where T-nuts go, which does allow those posts to shift a bit. Our boards are so dense now that T-nuts are a bit silly anyway, so ... they're gone. Even if the mylar is temporary, it will give the clear more time to cure and forces us to double check the assembly to make sure they aren't over torqued. Both good things.
Notice you're not seeing significant wear in front of the scoop or the normal places tons of travel would make it happen. It's shifting posts "digging" ... and I hate it ever happened.
Regardless... it has been acknowledged, addressed, and not ignored. We bust our asses to get these boards the best anyone can make them... and we've already adopted what we learned here as well.

The mylar circles on my game are not staying put I played 20 games and the circles are pushed out. Maybe my game was one with too large Mylar.

Should I reach out to KT or my distributer god new ones?

#3744 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Haven't seen that on mine either. How steep is your playfield?

I’ve had this only in Multiball.

Does anyone know where I can find the manual online??

#3762 1 year ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I’ve heard rumors of a a limited run? But today I received Kayte Emery’s email to me said, “GAMES WILL BE MADE IN BATCHES OF 50... This game is not limited in numbers.“.
I want a TNA, but need to order at a later time to control delivery date.

You are correct that the run is open ended and can be made as long as there is demand. However at some point in the future there should not be any more demand and production will effectively end.

In time there will be an equilibrium where used market will be as convenient and easy to buy a TNA that not a large number of people will want one that can’t be supplied by the used market.

A game like Tron is in demand and would sell well if more production was restarted. But most pins exist in the market without a huge demand for new units.

Tron was last made 5-6 years ago. So it’s possible if production of TNA was to stop it could be years before a demand is enough to restart production.

At some point in the future there will indeed be no more TNA production. I have no idea when that will be.

#3769 1 year ago

They’re selling like radioactive cakes.

#3777 1 year ago

played a game of TNA with my wife she's not into pinball but she was impressed with the game design, sound and lights and like the co-op mode.

#3778 1 year ago

my red target next to scoop is hard to register a hit, is there any easy way to fix it? I'm not very handy but would appreciate a how to guide.

#3785 1 year ago

Scott, when I go to change the score to extra ball requirement for example, I need to push the button one time for a discrete adjustment like every +10K points. It's easier to hold the button down and continuously get a higher score requirement and then fine tune in increments. Is that something that is considered?

#3792 1 year ago

Said it before, but the co-op mode is great, my wife and kids are not pinball players but they all enjoy this pin with co-op so they don't get too overwhelmed as novice players. Simple rules, hit the scoop, hit the orbits etc..

I can't wait for my pinball night to see how this rolls with 4 players vs mode.

2 weeks later
#3914 1 year ago

My tilt is super sensitive even tho its on the lowest setting possible, is there a trick to making it bit less sensitive? I have the back legs pretty high up so the game is on an angle making the front of the bob very close to the circle.

#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

OK, so it's an important shot I'll agree, but you really only need to hit it at most 9 times a game.... and personally I've only ever had to hit it 6 times in a game

Not even 9 times. You can sneak attack from the core.

I make it ok more miss than make but not that hard for my pin it’s much like phone shot on Dialed In.

I like when the shot skips over the scoop and enters the core.

#3932 1 year ago
Quoted from Toads:

Also noticed in destroy mode you can re generate your destroy shot to another target.

Can you explain that?

#3949 1 year ago
Quoted from Ramair97:

Added the side rail lights and hinge lights. I love it!
[quoted image]

You guys are killing me, I wanted this to be my low rent pin but now I need to buy these lit side rails.

#3968 1 year ago

I’m having a pinball party soon. Lots of people who will have never played TNA before.

What’s best to play versus individual, co-op or 2 vs 2?

#3971 1 year ago

Are there high score lists for anything besides single player mode?

I’m also unsure how the speed run leader board works. Is it time from reactor active light at scoop or from the time the reactor is overheated ready to destroy?

#3996 1 year ago

Had a pinball party and TNA was a big hit most played of any of my pins.

#4055 1 year ago

Or amazon link??

#4176 1 year ago

Don’t know if anyone has seen this happen. I turned off ball save at scoop eject but it still will give a ball save occasionally.

#4178 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Why would you shut it off?

Why not? It’s an option in the menu, IM for example does not have ball save on eject from War Machine.

#4213 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I honestly can't imagine anything better then these previously mentioned from Amazon. Mine weren't sticky in the slightest and they fit perfectly under the posts.
amazon.com link »

I’m going to get these. Think clear looks better, plus I’ll be looking at my other pins to see if they can be of use.

I’m surprised manufacturers have not done something like make the Star post out of softer rubber at least at the bottom edge.

#4221 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Yep, I was perhaps being a little hysterical

Probably static cling like those colorform toys

#4224 1 year ago

Looks ok to me.

#4245 1 year ago

Thanks to Spooky (KT) for sending me some firm rubber circles. I still probably would go for the clear so they don't stand out as much.

0088374F-0281-43D0-A111-27F9FD0E1C99 (resized).jpeg

#4269 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

My pic above shows them installed. I'm slightly concerned about the rubber sticking over time, but I waxed the area first, so hope it'll be ok.
Pretty sure this issue was with a batch of playfileds starting at X and running through Y. They used the mylar because they saw the problem and were trying to remediate/prevent it. Now that it didn't work, they're using these washers.
Charlie has said they have solved the problem though. So fingers crossed for new playfields.

I was only sent 5 washers is that sufficient?

#4274 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Make sure 2 aren't stuck together?

It must have been, there are 6 now!

#4282 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Not true. Only if the game recognizes it as a dirty pool. Stuck ball in multiball means call a TD to unstick it.

He was referring to Lazarus ball not stuck ball.

TNA has a good amount of bounce back ball saves if you’re quick with your flippers to catch it.

#4285 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

My TNA has been kicked out of every single tournament it’s been in on location for one reason or another. Most of them relating to the way the tilt works in the game and one player can tilt through to the next no matter what you do.

That should be fixable with a code bug fix I’d assume. I haven’t tried but there is supposed to be a fix with putting a half of a earplug on the wire I think up near the top.

Have you adjusted the ring so it’s center to the tilt wire? That’s helped my machine a lot.

#4294 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Any chance we can get a TNA rubber kit posted to Pinball Life? Mine has been on location exactly 11 months now and it is about ready to be shopped out.

You have the audits like total plays and average ball time?

#4311 1 year ago

Can anyone post a picture of tilt bob earplug solution? I get a few double tilts I mean a second tilt when I’m not shaking the pin.

#4332 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

My washers arrived today thanks to Morgan at Spooky who knocked it our the park getting them to us here in the Uk.
But - I’ve PMed spookycharlie but I’m at a loss as to how these washers are going to help? Surely they just become the problem?
Also all the exposed star posts need them I’d have thought ?
Neil.

Did you get rubber washers or acrylic type washers?

#4342 1 year ago

Great. I like the option were the RAD target is not used for early reactors.

#4374 1 year ago

I doubt the wrinkle will show are you kidding me?

Anyway I’d take a warm iron not too hot place a handkerchief over and flatten it out if your that concerned.

#4390 1 year ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Thank you for all your efforts on TNA Scott. Your close involvement with the community was one of the big selling points for me, beyond how great a game it is.

I'll second this. On paper TNA doesn't seem to be all that but it plays so fast and the code is so tight and the sights and sounds are fantastic... I think the extra mile by Scott is what makes it so great.

I'm still amazed at how great the pin is, especially considering how much has been done by one person.

#4396 1 year ago
Quoted from Maide:

Same here; TNA is one of two pinball machines my wife likes to play (other being AFM). Co-op is super fun with her!

I bought AFM and TNA most recently like July - November respectively.

Obviously they are the new kids and you’d expect them to be the most played. But I do think they both have special qualities that make them super fun. Even when I have a terrible game on TNA it’s still fun.

#4398 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Dumb question how does co-op work?

Co-op (TNA) you press and hold in the start button before adding second player and you then add additional players up to 4.

After that you all are on the same team. Player 1 players first ball, player 2 players second ball and so on each get three balls plus extra balls if earned.

So if you had three players you’d get 9 balls plus extra balls. You all get the same score so if player one gets 88888 then player 2 starts at that point and adds on. You all share your goals across players just as if you were playing one player. So if a reactor is active and you drain the next player takes up from there.

As far as I know there is no keeping track of who got how many points so it’s not a compitetion. But if you destroy a reactor you get a 1 at the end of your score and if you don’t destroy you get a 0 otherwise each player has the same score.

#4399 1 year ago

TNA also has a vs mode. In which 4 players compete but you have teams player 1 and 3 against player 2 and 4

#4400 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

So I should get a AFM?

You should get AFM it’s one of the best pinball ever. But it doesn’t have co-op or vs mode only TNA has those. I wish other games would be able to play co-op and vs but they don’t. It’s a great idea that TNA has and another great idea for TNA is a speed run where it remembers how long it takes to destroy each reactor and you can enter your initials if you get a better time than has already been recorded.

#4401 1 year ago

I was thinking if you could add an option in co-op mode *not get extra balls* (not sure if it does). But it just seems redundant to me if you are playing a 6,9 or 12 ball game to have extra balls. Plus if they are given for destroying the third reactor you could have an extra ball if a player makes just one shot if it was all teed up for that player.

Note I am not sure if the extra balls rules are the same during co-op but to me it would make more sense just to eliminate all extra balls (or have option to disable extra balls when in co-op).

I love co-op mode but to me just seems like it would make more sense if one player just steps right in as soon as the prior player drains and not have the reward of extra balls since you already have a big advantage in number of balls played.

#4403 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Awesome thanks will play tonight

For vs mode I think you press and hold when you are adding additional players. Not sure exactly but there is an onscreen prompt that spells it out. You have to press and hold the start button when you start a new game.

#4407 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Im pretty sure there are no EBs awarded during Co-Op mode.

Great!!

You rock~

1 week later
#4539 1 year ago

Should I wait to update???

#4541 1 year ago

I’ll wait, thanks.

This is a fantastic pin either way.

You’re the Willy Wonka of pinball designers.

1 week later
#4574 1 year ago

Anyone try "1 Reactor Battles" with your buddies yet?
http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=1777
[quoted image]

That’s dope.

Should have high score table for us friendless people.

#4589 1 year ago

Scott thanks for all your hard work. I’m sure tracking down bugs is not easy or fun to do.

I was curious if you could give a brief synopsis of how you came to making TNA. I mean what year you started, how you were able to program the game (did you have any experience with programming), how you decided to produce the game, was it hard to go from prototype to production because you needed to make everything more polished for retail sales.

#4593 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like a call out making fun of anyone that does a cheater restart
Would love the lady voice mocking the player or something about giving up and now everyone dies.

That’s a good idea.

#4597 1 year ago
Quoted from Whamtan:

thenotrashcougar
“Hold buttons to scroll up and down in menu” Thank you!

Great. I noticed this when adding points to get extra ball/free game. Had to push the button 100x to add a million points. LoL

#4640 1 year ago

Was looking for better explanation of rules than tiltforums wiki rules. http://tiltforums.com/t/total-nuclear-annihilation-rulesheet/3209

Specifically the stand up and roll over targets in the upper PF.

The CORE roll over targets is there anything special if you complete the set?

The 1,2,3 stand up targets in the upper PF I know these and the roll over CORE will advance reactor but do they do anything else if you hit them in sequence or complete the three?

#4649 1 year ago

Maybe ball save should be disabled in multiball and when going down the out lanes. Because you can sense if it’s an out lane drain which is possible to save unlike a STM drain, or else have a bit shorter save period only STM would be saved.

1 week later
#4727 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just joined the club and I want to experience TNA to it's fullest. I am thinking a Polk Sub is mandatory with this title? And if so are you guys just using an alligator clip attached to inside sub? Thanks in advance-super stoked to join the club!

Polk sub is not mandatory imo. I have external subs on all my Stern pins but not on my JJP or TNA pins.

#4733 1 year ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Is production complete? I just got notice from Kayte that my TNT #549 is being boxed this week.

Looking back it’s been in production since ~ September 2017. (I’m not sure of actual date but early November people were getting their pins). That’s ~18 months average of 30 games per month.

2 weeks later
#4811 1 year ago

Spooky has the best boxes. Enjoy the NIB experience it’s addictive.

#4820 1 year ago

Nah, that is 4 player co-op mode. Nice score though!!
--Scott

But the '3' is surely the better player.

(secretly wish you could keep track of who did better on co-op mode).

#4829 1 year ago
Quoted from eemichael83:

Nobody ever complained about too many pics right? I have had an issue with the 7-segment displays for scoring not working properly but spooky is sending some replacement parts to fix. In the meantime... this game is super addictive!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gumball machine, you should get a TZ imo best toy in pinabll history.

#4837 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What are your guys thoughts on ceramic ball for TNA? Is it worth it? This game is kicking my ass-can't imagine the ball being even faster-holy reject batman.

I have not played with power ball but to me the game is fast enough as it is. I have heard it's fun but I think I'll play it for a good while standard balls and maybe in a year try the PB.

#4885 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What? Can you expand on this?

I’ll have some extra clear washers if you can wait until next time. I got from Amazon but have not yet installed them.

2 weeks later
#4931 1 year ago

play better (J/K)

that mod looks like toilet paper roll.

#4948 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I hooked up a Polk PSW10 to my TNA and it really adds to the overall bass and shakes the entire room. I really like it and I am glad I decided to add the Polk-well worth it for TNA. It was an easy install and took less than two minutes. I purchased the Polk from Amazon and the cables from our local Best Buy. We love our TNA!- Feel the bass
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

could you please give me an exact rundown on how to do this?

#4961 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

No problem
You will need to purchase a Polk PSW10 sub(Amazon) and then purchase a 6' stereo to RCA audio cable, a 3.5mm stereo splitter, a 6' 3.5mm audio extension cable, and I also recommend a smart switch surge protector to disable power to sub when not in use.
Disconnect 3.5mm audio cable on mosfet amplifier inside cabinet, plug it into splitter cable, plug other splitter into 6' extension cable. Run extension cable to rear end of machine and feed through back center ventilation hole-using your finger to wiggle a little space for cable to pass through in-between staples. Feed cable through and then connect 6' RCA audio cable to 3.5mm extension cable. Plug in your RCA cable end directly to back of Polk PSW10 and then plug PSW10 into smart switch surge protector. You can then play with the right pitch and volume control to adjust to your liking. I have mine set to a low frequency and a 7 volume setting and it shakes the clothes you are wearing. Again I feel it really compliments the game and it really adds to the overall experience. Good luck-it is awesome!

Thanks a lot.

#4979 1 year ago
Quoted from tucson:

Great machine! I love the simple 80's style with new technology. The Co-op mode is really fun too.. got the whole family playing.

Yes. I keep saying to myself it's 80s style but the gameplay is nothing like those older pins. It's a hybrid of old and new. I was at arcade and they had some 80s pins like EBD and I keep hearing how fun these older pins can be. So I give EBD a chance and it's just not my cup of tea. I could not see ever buying an older pin or an EM but TNA has some of that look of well maybe it's an older design but the game play is just crazy different.

#4984 1 year ago
Quoted from tucson:

I agree. TNA is sooo fast! It is difficult to believe a guy from Pinlife designed TNA with little assistance. I love the straightforward rules and open playfield. Newer titles are just too busy and crowded.

Quoted from pinmister:

I am still amazed at Scott's creation and it is the first thing I mention to people that see it for the first time. The design and music are beyond stellar. It also is a huge hit with all the non-pinheads-everyone has been blown away.

Agreed, and this is his first design, it's the back story about Scott how he designed and coded and created the music (which to me is as good as the game itself) that I like to tell people about. I can't say that TNA is better than Tron for example but look Tron had code/designers/music by people that have been doing this for decades and had the backing of a multi million dollar company with decades of experience. TNA was designed by Scott in his spare time.

I am a huge meme/video guy and this just reminds me of this scene from Iron Man

#4988 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

My editing skills are definitely not on par with Scott Danesi thenotrashcougar (i'll admit, my editing skills suck), so please forgive my hack job... but otherwise, this is probably quite in line with what you're thinking when you view that video.

Lionman

1 week later
#5020 1 year ago

My pin had Mylar dots under the star post, Spooky was aware of the issue then but their fix was not adequate. The Mylar began to extrude almost immediately. Lucky I don’t play much and got clear washers from Amazon and there was only a tiny speck of paint that was effected and was under the star post not on the edge. My case is moot because it’s under the star post would never be visible. But I’m wondering how/why they started to paint art underneath the star post in the first place.

#5052 1 year ago

I think there was a huge speed up in the building, shipping pace that coincided with the playfield defects. Just saying.

Lucky my pin also delivered in this window was not effected because I didn’t play a lot before swapping on the washers.

I do think instead of slapping on Mylar that didn’t help someone should have stopped and took a look at the root cause rather than slapping a bandaid on the problem.

#5091 1 year ago

I have not had one problem with my TNA thank goodness. The one above seems to have been on route. Not saying that makes everything is expected but at least I can see the difference between my pin with 200 plays and a route pin with 10x plays especially complaining about pinballs and rubber getting banged up, makes real issues seem more a problem buyer than a problem machine.

#5096 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never spend your life savings on a pinball machine. It’s guaranteed to end badly.

Quote of the year!

#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I solved this by never installing my plumb bob.

BC3F2139-E3FE-4568-A2EE-CB4F5EB79B81 (resized).jpeg

#5151 1 year ago
Quoted from Auror:

Feature Suggestion: Best Ball Champ
I looove my #TNA and it’s so cool Scott is so involved with the community here and is so dedicated to constantly updating this kick-ass machine. (Thanks Scott!) So I don’t know how hard this would be for Scott to actually implement but I thought I’d throw out a feature suggestion to see what people think: adding a "Best Ball Champ".
I think it would be a very cool feature to have a trackable high score table to see who has scored the most points on a single ball. We’ve got Speed Run Champ, Co-Op Champ, and of course the standard High Score Champ but I think Best Ball Champ would be an awesome addition to the high score table. It's for those games you destroy 4 reactors on ball 1 and then proceed to blow it on the last two balls. It makes games like that matter even more knowing you might walk away a Best Ball Champ even though you fell short of reaching the overall high score. So what does everyone think?

I like it.

#5181 1 year ago

Scott, was curious if this becomes an issue with star posts breaking. If there was an optional post that’s more unbreakable for replacement.

#5190 1 year ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Hi everyone - if you are interested in having a bit of a more "personalized" TNA apron experience, then check out the customized instruction/logo cards that I made up for myself and a friend (uhh....beta tester) of mine. Thank you to thenotrashcougar for reviewing my work and for help with the instruction card, as well!
[quoted image] [quoted image]
Full details (and to grab a set for yourself) - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/personalized-tna-instruction-logo-card-set

You forgot the most important rule, the Skill shot.

should be Multiball for 2x or 3x or 4x scoring depending on how many balls are in play.

what about the super Jackpot?

(I forget how to add a 4th ball)?

#5192 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

or 4x if you are good

How to add a ball? Shoot in scoop behind the drop targets?)

#5194 1 year ago

I'll go back and check the multi-ball bonus - I wasn't aware that changed (I guess it was with a code update?)
Thanks,
Whitney

It's been there from day one (on the PF inserts too) 2x 3x 4x scoring depending on how many balls are in play.

#5201 1 year ago

Didn't forget the skill shot or super jackpot - just flat ran out of room on the card and something had to give. I figured the skill shot is something best discussed amongst players vs. the rules that would make the cut on the card. Besides, it's fun to discover things like that without it being documented up front.
I'll go back and check the multi-ball bonus - I wasn't aware that changed (I guess it was with a code update?)
Thanks,
Whitney

IMO you can find room for the skill shot. This is one of the most important shots of the game gives you a lane save and starts a reactor.

RAD targets that’s very minor mystery award and it’s spelled out just above the RAD targets anyway.

#5208 1 year ago

rai - thanks for the feedback, I greatly appreciate the constructive approach. I went back and re-worked the instruction card text to update the multi-ball verbiage and swapped the "Mystery" text for a Skilshot summary. This look better?
[quoted image]

I like it, short and to the point.

#5232 1 year ago

Wanted to ask if latest code is going to be updated in the near future because I don’t want to update if it’s going to be shortly update.

2 weeks later
#5293 1 year ago

Speaking of which before I bought TNA, I watched Bowen destroy the pin. That made me feel like the pin was kind of boring. Not until you play and realize that he’s not a normal player. He can keep the ball in control and then pick his shots keep in mult ball etc. but for me I’m far less in control and feel like I’m playing basketball on ice skates. The game is much more about survival and try for points when I can.

1 week later
#5339 1 year ago

Except the money. I’ve bought a pin via bank transfer with shipping went well but was not stress free.

#5341 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

True that, good point. I've only dealt with known people with good reps. Still a risk I guess, but hasn't been something I've worried about. If I don't know who you are? That's different.

The deal that I did was for Woz RR so I had to wire transfer $8k from my bank. The banker was looking at me sideways as if I had better be careful.

The seller I didn’t know but was super cool and I checked him out on FB to make sure he was who he said he was and EBay he was verified A1 seller and here on Pinside.

1 month later
#5471 1 year ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Now offering in clear or green[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

are you selling them?

I'd like a green one.

#5476 1 year ago

That’s not the same thing. Was referring to the plastic cover with etched 1 & 2.

#5482 1 year ago
Quoted from jim5six:

We played some limited reactor battles on my stream last night. I think it is a really fun way to battle friends and play multiple quick games. Figured I'd throw some links here in case anyone is interested in what it looks like.
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/445208706
YouTube:
Thanks,
-Jim
renopinball.com

awesome

#5483 1 year ago

Just noticed watching that stream above, would be nice to see how much the shots or spinner spins score on the LCD (as opposed to looking on the score display count up)

#5490 1 year ago

is it difficult to install the Hooked lit side rail kit?

#5496 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

OMG, just joined the club this morning.... Loving it! I'm on old software, any tricks to updating, or is it like a stern? Came with 102 plays on it, butter cab, Shaker, knocker, plastic protectors, and I just installed the lit rail mod. Wooohooooo! What a fun game.
[quoted image]

I’m still on old code as well. Love the pin.

#5500 1 year ago

I guess v1.3 is the latest code? Is there a new code drop soon or should I upgrade to 1.3?

#5504 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Its an awesome game. I love that it looks very easy but is not at all, its a fast challenging game with the best lightshow and soundtrack. The shots are very well layed out and feel great accomplishing them. Its a keeper for sure.

yes definitely has a special quality.

#5508 1 year ago
Quoted from pickleric:

There’s a slightly newer beta if you’re into that. I’m running it and its been good. V1.3.1b3
http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

Since I updated to 1.3 have had issues where the slingshot kicker will extend and hold out for a few seconds (never happened to me before).

#5512 1 year ago

How do I adjust the slings?

#5525 12 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never had to adjust the slings in 15 years?!? Damn you’re lucky. Make the switch blades on the sling switch further apart. Makes them less sensitive, prevents machine gunning, and prevents this artifact (sticking) as Scott calls it.
But it sounds like from Robf’s Post, that might not help.

Have a few times. Just saying my pin was 100% perfect until 1.3 now it’s going crazy. Has to be the software. My upper slings are going off like mad.

#5526 12 months ago

Mod father shooter from CV iirc

718F35AA-F17E-4853-8239-51337EAA63B3 (resized).jpeg138FE0CF-5A86-4571-9960-A51726464209 (resized).jpeg608DB4BC-6FF2-49BD-99E1-6DCA87DF38DF (resized).jpeg

#5544 12 months ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Hoping someone will see this since I have my game apart. So just red/black to red/black?
In other words, red/black wires from the plug in the computer to where the red/black wires were on the new fan?

Can you post a picture also what fan did you use?

#5559 12 months ago

A1684829-94A0-4904-9DAA-69E860970BA1 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#5632 11 months ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Just joined the club! Love TNA so far.

Welcome!!!!

Enjoy the rush.

#5648 11 months ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

If you beat the game, don't let Scott know and/or see how...he will make the game harder because of you.

Only way to beat would be like Bowen does slow it down. It’d be a cool option where you had 6 minutes or XX minutes maximum time. (menu setting). After time is up the game is over.

#5655 11 months ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Just put the game on Brutal reactor settings in the mean time until he comes up with something worse

What’s brutal reactor setting?