(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9385 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Honestly, that’s great advice and I’m going to do that now. It’s crazy how awesome this community is and I seem to forget that every once in a while. Haha

Let us know what you learn.

#9394 1 year ago

Agreed, the accent is nice. However, would have been slightly better if it matched the speaker grills stainless look.

4 weeks later
#9639 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

We were recently in Colorado for a family Thanksgiving and we found a great pinball place in the mountains called Lyons Classic Pinball. It's a super spot with a ton of games to play that are all in pretty good shape. They had a room set aside for just Total Nuclear Annihilation with a killer sound system and crazy lighting.
10/10 Highly recommended.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is my favorite place to play. The owners are awesome people and do a great job caring for the machines. Patrons are a good group of people too!

2 weeks later
#9822 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Does this happen to anyone else? I get cheated on multiball sometimes.
[quoted image]

Not an owner, but play TNA OG often at local arcade, yes, I've had it happen several times. Maybe once every 15 games.

4 weeks later
#10171 1 year ago

Hi Folks,

I love TNA, play it locally at the arcade regularly, and admire the community around the game.

I've considered picking up a CE or a used OG for many months. I have to be honest however, all the out-of-box challenges folks are posting for new CE machines is intimidating and have kept me from purchasing. I'm not opposed to getting hands dirty a little and trouble shooting, but I do worry about the time commitment to get something up and running that is new (which is why I may prioritize a used functional OG).

My question is, do those of you have bought a CE and have had to fix issues regret your purchase? Or has it been worth it to you to go through the trouble of getting it up and running?

Thanks!

#10273 1 year ago

I have read every post in this thread and the CE anticipation thread. I have learned three things:

1. Spooky badly needs to invest in Quality Control. (They have CE's ready to ship, have they gone over those with a fine tooth comb? Have all the back-glass been updated to clear versions? etc.)
2. Spooky service and support is top notch. How AJ and others there can stand to fulfill the same issue requests month over month with a smile is be cherished and protected. If AJ ever leaves, Spooky will likely suffer a significant hit to reputation.
3. Total Nuclear Annihilation is such an awesome game that almost all fans overlook/forget the issues with quality once operational. This says a lot!

Everyone here wants Spooky to do well, there is no malice. Hopefully they can take the TNA community's experience and learn from it to become better. With Scooby on the way, there is no better time then now to make sure process and quality control are in place to have a great launch and improve their reputation to being both outrageously fun and high quality.

3 weeks later
#10477 1 year ago

Is it a bad idea to buy parts for a game you want but don't currently have?

1 week later
#10565 1 year ago

Thanks to Bongiorno this past Sunday 2/19 I was able to join the fold. Great family game that my kids can't stop dancing too. Also thanks to TheNoTrashCougar and Sppoky team as well for a fun, fast, and accessible game!

Boom (resized).pngBoom (resized).png

#10584 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I was attempting to get that game that you did from Bongiorno but had to sell one first. Next thing I knew it was pending. Glad you got one and glad I was still able to get a new one (although it cost me a lot of extra money)! I now have CE #199 locked in and can't wait to get my hands on it.

I hope your game works out great for you. I was tempted to order a CE myself, but this worked out timing wise. I know it's probably not what Spooky wants, but I think its awesome you can still order a new TNA currently. Looks like there are ~50 left to go. Enjoy your game, and welcome to the future!

#10593 1 year ago

Looking for wisdom. The metal around the left scoop, is this factory original to an OG TNA? If so, how easy is it to replace?

I was getting a high number of rejects when shooting the left scoop from the lip of the metal surrounding the scoop. So I started to take it apart in hopes of sliding it up and out to bend the metal down to be more level with the play-field. The metal appears to be glued down to the board, which has me thinking it's factory. At some point someone added tape to help guide the ball in but it continues to separate. Recommend approach to address?

Thank you.
2023-02-2716.42.269146723024561135204.jpg2023-02-2716.42.269146723024561135204.jpg2023-02-2716.43.142648711646376712524.jpg2023-02-2716.43.142648711646376712524.jpg

#10598 1 year ago

Thank you everyone. I was able to lift the playfield and remove the scoop solenoid, and correspondly, then remove the cliffy protector from the top.

It did have some serious adhesive but I was able to pry it off safely.

1 month later
#10812 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Thanks!!
I first played TNA at a bar, back in 2018 before I really got serious into the hobby. I was in love after ball 1.
It’s always been in my top five must-haves. I had deemed the current run to be too expensive for my blood, but the want is strong. So strong in fact that I will be selling my Deadpool to help fund the purchase. Some people will call me crazy for doing that, but that is how strong my desire is for this game. It truly is a modern classic.

Ah TNA... Similar experience for myself. I played at an arcade first, thought "That was fun. Hard but fun" and then left to other games. After a while, I felt the game taunting me and went back to again. And again. And Again. Long story short, I had to have one at home.

Congrats on joining the future!

#10817 1 year ago
Quoted from autosight780:

Tna ce #10 here . The other day I had all my games on , I looked over and noticed tna had frozen in attract mode . Turned it on and off and all was good . Anyone have their game freeze? And what’s the issue ? Thanks

What version of code are you running?

#10841 1 year ago

If not, lets create our own story, a sentence at a time.

The year is 2039, all public telephones have been removed, a large shadow is seen in the sky...

2 months later
#11141 10 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

It told me sold out earlier today, but just now it said in stock and let me order them.

I have the blades and encourage anyone interested in them to pick them up, they are great on the game.

#11161 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is the top left gate spossed to shut on the plunge for the inlanes if you hold a flipper? mine doesn't.

No. Unless mine is wrong too...

#11179 10 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I cannot buy into it without trying a system in person.

Totally reasonable position as you know. Have you considered looking on Pinside for someone local that will let you try it out?

I'm a lover of TNA and ordered a P3 prior to FR annoucement. Then I heard Scott had a game coming it made me that much more excited. My P3 is finally coming sometime next week with Weird Al, but I have a FR on order and look forward to putting it next to TNA this late fall.

#11180 10 months ago
Quoted from maxpower:

Is there any place to get mirror blades besides Pinball Life? They appear to be out.

I don't know, but thought you'd like to know that Scott (TheNoTrashCougar) works for Pinball Life and he indicated (Post#11171) they will be back in stock soon.

#11194 10 months ago

Thanks for sharing Joe, always interested to see these practical applications people implement. Glad you are loving the game, and its cliche at this point, but welcome to the future!

#11205 9 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

After nearly a month of sitting in the box, we finally got to set up CE #213 this past weekend! It was my b-day so we had an impromptu launch party. Much fun was had. Many beers were consumed. I remember most of the evening. [quoted image]

Happy birthday!

However, there is a problem with your photo. No one is playing TNA!

#11222 9 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

crazy I've had this game three years - still fantastic!
[quoted image]

Afraid to take it out of the box, eh?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=polypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.