(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider planetexpress.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8573 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

I wonder when those runs will finish.

Luke reported in the Halloween thread that they’d be done this fall.

1 month later
#8849 1 year ago

Had to wait on a few things, but now I’m in…. Glad this wasn’t an instant sell out!

1 week later
#8951 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Question on butter cabinets. Are the backbox sides any different than non butter? I’m trying to decide. This game might not go into my lineup downstairs but go upstairs but go by itself in the living room. I’m leaning not getting butter because the art is fine but don’t blow me away but will be one of the few games in my collection that you will actually see the side art.

The head is direct printed on the butter cabs. I have butter on RaM and UM, but I plan non-butter for TNA, as the graphics aren’t that detailed.

#8955 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hey folks- game is going through a ball search at power up- then on ball 2 it ejects a second ball (then when either one drains the ball is “over” and flippers die). I checked all trough switches and they look good. Any ideas what else could be? Thank you

I’d start troubleshooting with the switch test menu with the playfield lowered. Could be a switch that opens when the playfield is up, then closes when you lower the playfield.

3 weeks later
#9162 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Awesome thanks, any info on the speaker grills? Cant seem to find them anywhere, were they a direct from spooky item?

I don’t know if they were sold separately, as I’m a buyer for 2.0, but they are included in the armor kit: http://shop.spookypinball.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-armor-kit-p22.php

Spooky’s site doesn’t say who did the armor, but the description leads me to believe it is likely Lanez Custom Steel LLC. I purchased my UM from Lanez, and I think he still works for Spooky as his day job, doing their armor as a side hustle. He might sell you a set of grills.

1 week later
#9201 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Emailed asking about status of my ce #9 and was told shipping soon. Also asked about monitor and it’s the same as my Rick and morty which the blacks are too bright. I live with it but they need a better monitor.

Not saying Spooky shouldn’t move to a better monitor, but at least the upgrade is easy:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/56#post-7052234

#9299 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

To be fair, you don’t HAVE TO get any of the add-on mods.

Wait…. I can play Rick and Morty (Standard) without any Funkos?!

#9346 1 year ago

I’m in, too!

1 month later
#9725 1 year ago

CE 135 made it safely.
C3AF08F0-3C8D-4E38-9F24-654B5CECDDAD (resized).jpegC3AF08F0-3C8D-4E38-9F24-654B5CECDDAD (resized).jpeg

Hope this dude knows what he’s doing
384B6FDD-4E8F-4F4F-93A5-3B74D900C4DB (resized).jpeg384B6FDD-4E8F-4F4F-93A5-3B74D900C4DB (resized).jpeg

#9727 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Where did you get the Spooky neon?

https://www.amazon.com/Queen-Sense-Pinball-Printing-A120PBOSVVD/dp/B0B4F5PM4R/ref=sr_1_1

I was worried the quality would be crap for $165, but I was so impressed that I had them do a custom Mini Cooper logo design for me (they added it to the Amazon options, now that they have the pattern). I get pinball machines, the wife gets a Mini convertible….. it’s all about balance

I’m sure neon purists would complain about the printed acrylic background, but I like that they are a sign even when the neon is turned off.

5F02A5B9-2AF7-4C37-B35E-36786BBE8B7A (resized).jpeg5F02A5B9-2AF7-4C37-B35E-36786BBE8B7A (resized).jpegFDD683D8-2424-4302-9EB5-4DA3ED67E642 (resized).jpegFDD683D8-2424-4302-9EB5-4DA3ED67E642 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9843 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Outlet is grounded. Got a little shock so removing electrical tape

If you don’t have one, grab an outlet tester at HD…. They are only ~$20 and will tell you if you have hot/neutral reversed, or a missing ground.

3 months later
#10669 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Quick question for the group. Just traded a TNA out. The new owner got it home and the aftermarket pop bumper top had fallen off in transport. It was a mod that came with it when I got it and I'm not sure how it was attached. Can anyone who installed one of these let me know how they are attached so I can give him good advice on fixing it up? Thanks!
[quoted image]

It attaches with 3M double sided tape, like what’s used for car trim.

#10699 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

If you’re looking to buy from a distro Zach from Flip n Out recently announced partnership with spooky.
If you’re wanting NIB route with a distro. Reach out to Zach to see what they can do for you.

Spooky cut all distributors out of the TNA CEs…. Wouldn’t hurt to reach out to Zach, but I doubt Spooky would allow it, as it’d piss off the other distributors.

1 week later
#10764 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

GAH!! I had no idea the CE’s were still available. I ordered Scooby because 1) it was less money (in SE trim) and 2) I thought that TNA CE was sold out. I would just about swear that when I put money down for SD that TNA wasn’t shown in the store, but then again I was laser focused on making sure I got an SD so it is very possible that I just overlooked it. This is a problem! A good problem, but a problem nonetheless. One of my current machines would have to be voted off of the island if I want to add TNA to the collection.

If you really want TNA instead of SD, just give Spooky a call, I’m sure they’ll work with you.

#10772 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

They’re pretty specific in their T’s & C’s that one cannot transfer a deposit from one game to another. That being said I suppose it’s worth the ask, if I decide that I want to make the switch. It’s very tempting, but I have played SD and it is quite good. The main sticking point is that I love games that are mean and fast, while the rest of my family prefers games that are deeper with fewer dangerous shots. They have played SD and they LOVE it. My SD number is very late in the run. Maybe I get TNA now and by the time SD is on the line I’ll be ready to part ways with something else in the collection. Hmmm….

That‘s where I’m at…. Rollergames out to make room, TNA CE into the lineup and SD on order (late in the run of CEs).

#10823 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Just got this in the mail.. NIB playfield for safe keeping’s. My questions what other good ways to store this without having to bolt this to the wall? I prefer if I can keep this upright, but laying flat I’ll do it.. Goal is to store this away from the kids, but not have to hang this on my wall.
Suggestions?
[quoted image]

Kruzman seems to have solid advice on storage: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/46#post-7042556

I’ve never personally stored a PF long term, so take it for what it’s worth.

1 week later
#10882 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys, talk me out of buying a TNA please. I've never played one, but it looks amazing as hell and have always wanted one (I think). Is there anything I should be aware of if I bought one? Any problems? Help me decide, it looks incredible but I don't know that they priced this right at 9k. What are your thoughts? Feel free to pm me if you need to say something extra inflammatory lol.

There are a few locations within a reasonable distance from you with TNA on route. Go play one and see if it’s for you.

#10902 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

So I did the lit side rails tonight… is there any possible way I didn’t do it correctly, that would cause them to not be that bright? Just seem “meh”. With lights off, it just seems like it’s a slightly UV reactive and catching my black light. They obviously turn on and off, there is a difference. But with the lights on, it’s basically not noticeable.

Any change when you play with the brightness knob?

#10904 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

There’s a brightness knob? lol I know there’s a red on off button. But are you serious? lol
Edit: I have no knob. Just checked. Small black box, and a on/off button. That’s it.

You gave me a moment of panic, had to go check my machine…. Big power supply (like the power brick for a laptop), on/off on one end, brightness and reset button on the other end. Maybe their power supply was updated recently?

#10909 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I got it from the guy like 2 pages ago. No strobe, no nothing. Just on and off. And a tiny black box. Hooked on pinball
Oh, and it doesn’t matter which panel. With only one panel connected they are bright.

Mine’s the same as cookpins and was from HookedOnPinball.

#10911 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I guess for now I’ll only use one. I also noticed the box has a high pitched humm when you add a 2nd rail.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is tiny. Mine looks like this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/187#post-7202854

I needed to do the hot glue treatment to mine to get rid of the buzz.

#10913 1 year ago

Here’s min on max/min:

CC749161-B861-42EC-966D-EB2557635053 (resized).jpegCC749161-B861-42EC-966D-EB2557635053 (resized).jpegFA14AA9C-F358-4976-9109-53F34949DD56 (resized).jpegFA14AA9C-F358-4976-9109-53F34949DD56 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#11075 11 months ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I'm considering joining Team TNA. Do you think I'm better off going new (with a months-long wait apparently), or a used one (HUO) available now but priced almost the same.
The wait is not an issue. More that I wonder if I'm safer with the used one that should be good to go, rather than the need to dial in a new one.

Is the used a CE or OG? If it’s the CE, I’d buy it and save the wait. If it’s an OG, I’d order a new CE and deal with the wait. Both games play the same, but the CE has improved wire connectors, etc….

4 months later
#11430 6 months ago
Quoted from jeffpin:

Just picked this game up from a fellow Pinsider, really loving it. Looking for info on the rail light kit. I already have a set of flat LEDs that should fit under the rail. I really just need the pink/magenta plastic diffuser. I can't tell if the kit is just that or the pink sheet is actually an EL panel. Anyone have a source for a DIY option?

The pink is an EL panel.

This is the kit I used:
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p115/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-TNA-Side-Rail-Illumination-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html#/

#11433 6 months ago
Quoted from jeffpin:

Thanks. I guess what I'm asking is if this can be achieved without the EL panel. If I can source a similar pink plastic, the LED light strip I have may be adequate to get the same effect.

I’d try this stuff, as it’s designed for just this kind of thing. You can use it to change the color of your score windows, too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JNZ33N2/

#11435 6 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

Anyone that has the hooked on pinball pop bumper cap have issues with the adhesive? Mine fell off the first day. Wondering if there's something better. [quoted image]

I used 3M super strength automotive trim tape, which has been holding fine.

2 weeks later
#11486 6 months ago
Quoted from Domes:

New CE owner here. Has anyone replaced their LCD in a new CE? It looks like most replacements fall under the original run.

It is identical to Ultraman, RaM, Scooby….. Here is a DIY option: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/56#post-7052234

I bought the parts for my TNA, but decided the OE screen was a good fit with the VHS quality of the animation. I’ll install the parts on Scooby, instead.

3 weeks later
#11557 5 months ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

the lcd upgrade isn't available on the link from this post. anyone have a suggestion for a better lcd (i have the tna ce). thanks in advance

I was going to upgrade the LCD in my CE, but then decided I like the look of the OE LCD, as it matches the VHS video clip vibe. I just installed the IPS screen I’d bought for my CE in Scooby: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/168#post-7862968

Here is a DIY option, along with some before/after: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/56#post-7052234
Here is what you can build with your OE screen: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-lcd-clock#post-7507356

If you do the upgrade, please post some photos.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider planetexpress.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=planetexpress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.