(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oyvindmo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 6 years ago

I'm in. TNA #115 will be going on location in Trondheim, Norway

9 months later
#2794 5 years ago

TNA #115 arrived in Trondheim, Norway today and is up and running on location at Work-Work. Just in time for the weekend rush

1 week later
#2858 5 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Mine came set to 110V in a 240V world I live in

So did ours. Also, the way the PSU is mounted in the cabinet, we had to unscrew it so we could turn it around and read/toggle the voltage switch. Could have used a small mirror, perhaps, had we had one at hand. Slightly annoying, but I'm glad we took the time to actually check, instead of hope for the best

The game rocks, though. We have it on half price for the first two weeks (2 credits pr. token), but I suspect it will still be the top earner for that period.

#2859 5 years ago

Oh, and I would suggest checking the lockdown bar for sharp edges that might need filing down. One of our customers on the first day cut his right palm while playing:

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34408924_10155365143961176_6392658194136563712_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=43bd71352dcf446be7f73c6d9b2b72b8&oe=5BC1180B

#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

This is giving me pause. I hope spooky addresses some of these issues.

Nah, it was only a minor issue, easily fixed. I mentioned it so people can check before anything happens, and so Spooky can perhaps forward the info to their suppliers.

For the record, we also got an MM remake with even sharper edges, on the side rails. Those were actually quite a bit more nasty.

#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys what level do you keep this game? Assuming it's not 6.5

We have it on 6.5, on location. Seems fine to me. I'll check the audits later today to see what the average game times are like.

#2927 5 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

We have it on 6.5, on location. Seems fine to me. I'll check the audits later today to see what the average game times are like.

Avg. game time: 2:57. It has been on location for about two weeks now; I expect the average time to rise 5-10% over time as the regulars learn the machine better.

#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Anyone else having a problem with the sling arms getting stuck sometimes in the forward position?

Yes, we had a report yesterday about it happening once on ours as well. Haven't looked into it yet, beyond confirming that it wasn't the coil locking on.

#3040 5 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I have a TNA scheduled to arrive soon and was looking for any recommendations from other ops as to the best initial pricing for this game. Most of my new games go out at $1/play with a bonus at $2, but not sure about this one due to expected quick game times. It is important to me that my customers get good value for their money. Thoughts?

We have it on the same price as all other games (except we had a two-week introductory pricing, where each token gave 2 credits instead of 1). Since raising prices later will make people angry, I suggest you start at your regular price, but a) watch people play to get a sense of their enjoyment, and b) check the audits.

Our experience so far is that the avg. game time on TNA is actually not much shorter than for other games, and people don't seem to mind, since the game is in fact insanely fun while it lasts

2 months later
#3405 5 years ago

Heh... I have put TNA on location here, and the most reactors anyone has destroyed so far is five. So, just for fun I announced a small prize to the first person to destroy reactor 6. Nobody has managed to do it yet, but a thought hit me yesterday: It's possible to cheat a bit, in a slightly "pay-to-win" fashion:

1) Start a multiplayer game
2) Play one player focused on destroying reactors
3) Use the other player(s) only to load up locks for the main player
4) Profit!

#3408 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what is the prize?

A pair of these:

https://johnscrazysocks.com/products/pinball-machine-socks-crew-socks-for-men

So, yeah, that "profit" part is not really much of a profit

#3410 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I would hope that people don't really care that much to cheat...

Oh, there is plenty honor in winning those socks! But no, I don't expect cheating from our players, not that the "cheat" gives that significant an advantage anyway.

1 year later
#6193 4 years ago

Got a report from a player today that on the TNA we have on location, some of the LEDs were stuck on in the middle of a game. After looking at his picture and reading the manual, the LEDs are all the ones on PD-LED board number 2. They were all stuck in their "correct" colors, not all in one color. Now 1 hour later, everything seems to work as normal. Was this a crazy software bug or something electrical we should look into?

3 weeks later
#6216 4 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Thinking of picking up a TNA for my location, how have these been holding up for location play, any major issues?

Has worked okay for us. Definitely not a title casuals gravitate towards, but I like the variety it brings to our otherwise "modern" line-up. It has held up pretty well technically. Our machine has had about 4500-5000 games played on it so far, and the only somewhat recurring issue is broken-off coil lugs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oyvindmo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=oyvindmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.