(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider originalfresh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7948 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Took me a while but I’m finally in the club. Love everything about this game.
[quoted image]

Congratulations! Beautiful machine. I aspire to be an official member of the TNA club. One of these days.

2 weeks later
#8059 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

5-channel home theater amp added.
rear speakers added
OEM head speakers still running, but powered now from the theater amp.
I have an identical setup in another room for my BKSOR LE.

You sir have created an phenomenal experience for a TNA! That is absolutely awesome! Not only is it a pinball machine experience... but also a environmental experience. Mind blown

It makes me wonder if there will be 3 different editions for the 2.0 run. I'm crossing my fingers that its just one edition. The reason being is that I think you would have to experience this game with the audio package that Scott creates. Anything less would be a bummer. Who knows, maybe there will be a collectors edition ultimate home theater amp package.

8 months later
#8559 1 year ago

I hope there are no Standard, Bloodsucker, or Collector editions. TNA should have one edition... Danesi edition! Cant wait for the re-run!

1 month later
#8641 1 year ago

Looks like this run has black armor, legs and coin door. Very nice! Wonder if the hinge has the spooky logo cut in it?

2 weeks later
#8957 1 year ago

I turn the game on and this is as far as it gets. No attract mode lighting and no screen. The screen will actually shut off after about 5 secs of the no signal message. Anyone have any suggestions for a fix?

A83527BA-A295-4030-B865-B6E7502986F6 (resized).jpegA83527BA-A295-4030-B865-B6E7502986F6 (resized).jpegDA133A81-F276-4A92-86E4-729F45F08D52 (resized).jpegDA133A81-F276-4A92-86E4-729F45F08D52 (resized).jpeg
#8958 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I turn the game on and this is as far as it gets. No attract mode lighting and no screen. The screen will actually shut off after about 5 secs of the no signal message. Anyone have any suggestions for a fix?
[quoted image][quoted image]

After researching this thread I found out about that little white button in the head. Problem resolved.

#8977 1 year ago

Replaced the coil stops and sleeves and noticed that there were no spring washers. Were all TNA's produced like this? Just curious, because I will occasionally get some humming from my flipper coils.

#8981 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Weird, I can’t recall working on any game that had those between the coil and the stop…

I can assume that TNA never had spring washers installed based on your post.

Any idea on why the flipper coils will buzz or hum when trapping the ball?

#8988 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Oh, I know why the flippers buzz like that! It is because I am PWMing the flipper power on the main winding when you hold up your flipper. This helps reduce the knockdowns that can happen when balls hit the upright flipper at high velocities. It is totally normal to make that sound and no, TNA did not come with spring washers on the coil. What the sound is actually indicating is that you do not have your speaker volume turned up enough.
--Scott

Thank for the reply Scott. Now I have peace of mind. I also had a feeling I would get a response to turn the volume up to get rid of the buzzing lol

1 month later
#9318 1 year ago

Does anyone know the screw size referenced in the picture? The manual doesn’t call this out.

017F881D-B20E-45F3-8C3B-2CECDD1408FF (resized).jpeg017F881D-B20E-45F3-8C3B-2CECDD1408FF (resized).jpeg
#9321 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Added the lighted rails. Easy install.
[quoted image]

Is there any adhesive that touches the cabinet for installation?

4 weeks later
#9587 1 year ago

Original run TNA here. My ball gets air soon after it hits the metal “ramp” trough. See the attached picture with the plastic protector for reference. It has some cracks and chunks out of it. This happens approximately once or twice every four games. I recently bought the game used and it looks like the previous owner has adjusted the screw (looks stripped)on the right of the metal “ramp” in the trough.
It seems to be an issue with the trough ramp being a tad bit higher than the playfield. Just weird that it only happens every once in a while. It would’ve been nice to notch out the playfield so the metal was inset.
Hope these pictures help.

Btw after reading this in post I realized I said ramp…On A TNA
That’s probably not the proper term I just don’t know what else to call it.

0B1C1346-5E7C-4D80-B728-AF07A5E97FB1 (resized).jpeg0B1C1346-5E7C-4D80-B728-AF07A5E97FB1 (resized).jpegADC96DE5-34CB-42D2-96E4-E51A8DD86715 (resized).jpegADC96DE5-34CB-42D2-96E4-E51A8DD86715 (resized).jpegCB5E1CF7-65E6-40C7-AE63-B61EC03EFBCE (resized).jpegCB5E1CF7-65E6-40C7-AE63-B61EC03EFBCE (resized).jpeg
#9590 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Does this happen on the manual launch, auto plunge, or both?
If manual launch is fine, but auto plunge is sloppy, check the mech. Mine was a little wobbly so I adjusted it to be tighter and my similar issues to yours were gone.

It only happens with auto plunge but intermittently. I remember seeing you have issues with this and your resolution was in post #9184. I'll open up the shooter rod assembly and take a look to see what's going on but I'll use your experience as a good point of reference because its most likely the same issue.
Thanks for following up with a solution.

2 weeks later
#9726 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

CE 135 made it safely.
[quoted image]
Hope this dude knows what he’s doing
[quoted image]

Where did you get the Spooky neon?

1 week later
#9818 1 year ago

Does this happen to anyone else? I get cheated on multiball sometimes.

7DB89CBC-4DDF-4D62-99BF-05A92DED9381 (resized).jpeg7DB89CBC-4DDF-4D62-99BF-05A92DED9381 (resized).jpeg
#9821 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

This has happened twice to me. Not often.

It will happen to me about every other game. I think I may have an issue with the front drop target. Sometimes I’ll start a new game and the front target will be up as well….
Thanks for the input.

#9835 1 year ago

The software definitely knows that the balls are there and stacked. You can still get multiball by hitting them out. Multiball will function normally. How did you get cheated?
This stacking is happening because you lightly brushed the first drop target causing the locked ball to bounce up a little and touch the center drop the center drop falls and the 2 balls are now locked together. Make sure that the center drop target is able to fully sit on the rest ledge and the mech is not mounted too close to the front of the hole in the playfield. If the drop makes contact with the front edge of the playfield, it will not be fully sitting on the rest ledge when in the up position.
--Scott
EDIT: Fun Fact, if you have ever noticed a multiball given to you and you are not sure why, this is what is happening... The software is constantly watching the lock area and keeping track of the balls there. If something weird happens with a drop target/opto, or a ball escapes, etc., and the game cannot deal with it, it will just say "screw it" and lower all the drops and start multiball for you. It is pretty rare for the game to completely lose track of the balls, but I have seen it happen once in a while due to a failed opto or drop target switch. The software is definitely not as smart as we would be managing the locks, but it is absolutely faster. I for one fear our eventual robot overlords.... Doing dumb shit fast is scarier than doing smart shit slow. Have a great morning everyone!

Thanks for a solution on this Scott. I'll take a look at the drops and adjust accordingly. Cheated was probably not the best word to use as I look back on my post.

#9873 1 year ago

Last night I had my game in attract mode and the drop targets went through a cycle as if they were in a ball search. It was only the drops and it happened a few times. Anyone know what could be causing this?

#9876 1 year ago

Yeah, your drop target optos were flaking out. Most likely the transmitter wire harness connectors need to be upgraded to crimp and stuff connectors.
Check this post for info.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/157#post-6318926

Thanks Scott! Appreciate the response. BTW I I turned on the jukebox mode last night and just let it roll. Great feature.

4 weeks later
#10204 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

My ce on location for 3 days keeps resetting after a few seconds of attract mode. Can get to the service menu no problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Checking voltage now
Thanks

I have an OG and this literally just happened to me. I was going to ask the same question. The game resets once the download bar is completed. It’s an endless cycle of resetting.

#10207 1 year ago

See if both of you can grab me the logs from the machine. It is most likely a flaky opto behind one of the drops causing it to freak out. I have a patch coming soon in the software that should keep a rapid firing opto from making the machine reset. Just check the connectors on the transmitters for both optos. That should fix it. Also make sure that your 12v line is on. Easiest way to do that is take a look at the switch boards and make sure that the green LEDs are lit.
--Scott

Sorry for my ignorance but how do I go about getting you the logs and where is the switch board? All the lights on the boards under the playfield are green. My machine did cycle the drops every time it reset.

I started it up after letting it sit for about 15 minutes and it’s fine…for now

AC6899CE-CB49-4CA9-A195-EEC664148C72 (resized).jpegAC6899CE-CB49-4CA9-A195-EEC664148C72 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#10530 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Well now I’m kind of in the club!
[quoted image]

Absolutely beautiful playfield.

#10533 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

It was a “dent and scratch” I’ve been looking at it for over an hour. I don’t see a single flaw. Wonder if something wasn’t drilled right. The thing looks perfect.

Nice! Happy to hear you say that. I ordered a RM and ACNC and I’ve been wondering how bad the “scratch and dent” would be.

1 month later
#10801 1 year ago

Damn this game is fun! Nothing but pure adrenaline pumping action!

3BA006FD-E663-4FBB-97BB-23548BDE6B2E (resized).jpeg3BA006FD-E663-4FBB-97BB-23548BDE6B2E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider originalfresh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=originalfresh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.