(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,939 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4750 5 years ago

Is it new or bought second hand?
If new, phone Spooky

1 month later
#4947 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Well....the clear is starting to peel on my scoop. My playfield also had the issues with the paint and clear lifting by the posts. Looks like the problem is a lot worse. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. The game has 1800 plays on it. Right now I think I will place some mylar on that spot. I do not want to rip that tab off so will prob just lay it down and put the mylar over it. Hope it works. Everyone who has had issues with your playfield should take precautions with the scoop area. Hopefully a scoop protector comes out soon.
[quoted image]

Cliffy's available?

4 years later
#11292 8 months ago

Anyone have or seen pics of the pink plastic protectors installed?

#11294 8 months ago

Thx, I was running through the image gallery and still hadn't stumbled on the pink protectors, thank you.

#11302 8 months ago

Hey folks!
Anyone have the dimensions (height) of a folded TNA? for a vehicle in looking to use for a pickup?

#11304 8 months ago

Your fuckin’ rights it is. Thank you very much. Funny it’s not in this thread. I’ll copy ‘n paste it.

TMV
tommyv-tmv

Pinside member
US Atlanta, GA
3y 20,050 14 3
I'm sure you don't need these any more 7 months later, but I'll post them anyway for the benefit of anyone who searches for detailed dimensions later.
Kudos to AtTheArcade for taking these measurements when I bought my Total Nuclear Annihilation.
Ground to top of siren: 74.25"
Width of front legs at ground: 25.5"
Top of backbox depth: 10"
Bottom of backbox depth: 7.5"
Cabinet depth: 52"
Depth of front legs to back legs at ground: 55"
Lockdown bar width 22.5"
Backbox face width: 28.75"
Backbox face height: 28.75"
Backbox face height with siren: 32.75"
Siren height: 4"
Height of cabinet and backbox when folded down: 27"
So to sum up...
For transporting you need 27" high x 28.75" wide x 52" deep
When setup you need 74.25" high (including 4" siren) x 25.5" wide x 55" deep (for the footprint of the legs

#11307 8 months ago

Delete

#11308 8 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

What coil stops are used with TNA? The Stern ones aren’t right. I need to replace them - I play my TNA about 5 to 1 over my other pins.
Thanks in advance.

I think they’re B/W coil stops for flippers

#11314 8 months ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

There is no chance I ever buy another Spooky game after all the absolute garbage I dealt with. Wouldn't deal with this for any game other than TNA.
But dang I wish anyone other than Spooky had built it...

Sorry for you.
My R&M is glorious and worth it all day every day.

2 weeks later
#11332 7 months ago

Hey, done a bit of digging, and haven't come up with answer, so I figured i'd look where everyone knows the answer!!

* Where can I get my hands on a set of speaker lights? I have an original TNA.

* Also, If I buy the shaker and knocker, will I need to grab that "knocker and shaker expansion board assembly" from PBL? (i'm assuming yes)

#11334 7 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I believe Spooky made and sold the speaker light kit. I would reach out to them to see if they still do that.
Take a look in your backbox. If you see a little pcb board on the back wall that says knocker and shaker, then you’re good to go. If not, grab one from pinballlife.

Dang, nice call. There’s the little board in there.
Thank you, I’ll fire a note to spooky and check out the lights

#11340 7 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I believe Spooky made and sold the speaker light kit. I would reach out to them to see if they still do that.
Take a look in your backbox. If you see a little pcb board on the back wall that says knocker and shaker, then you’re good to go. If not, grab one from pinballlife.

Got in touch with Spooky, Morgan got me all set up. bought a speaker light set, knocker (because I love them), shaker because why the fuck wasn’t there one in there already.

Good to go!

#11349 7 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Especially with the latest Beta Code on tnapinball.com....... Don't worry it is very stable and almost ready for release, I am just going to add a few visual updates to it before I stamp this version with a production code number.
I probably mentioned this new feature a while back, but I made a new feature in this code called "Last Ball Overtake". This feature will fire the knocker 2 times when any player overtakes the leader on the last ball. This is super cool and can happen more than once per game.
Enjoy!
--Scott

Nice! I knew I bought it for a reason!

Can go well with my R&M and knocker dimension, hahahah

2 weeks later
#11390 7 months ago

I have a little bit of ball hop that fucks with my timing a little bit on both flippers coming down inlane on my o.g TNA. Has this ever come up? Maybe loosen/adjust/tighten screws a bit for an adjustment?

2 weeks later
#11408 6 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Meltdown Mirrors are finally back! So glad these exist again, I ended up scratching my current set.
https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-meltdown-mirrors.html

If anyone in Canada getting these maybe we can go in together??. Cant afford PBL shipping to my address.

1 week later
#11443 6 months ago

I’m currently in a bit of a struggle with installing my new speaker light set, no instructions, but I find find out ones on this thread from years ago. But the orientation is very tough for my brain to figure out. I have to stick the lights in the new clear printed mount and I can’t tell how to do it?

Or
?

There seems to be a gap to put the lights on outside of clear print.? And then in ??

Thanks in advance, signed- confused.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

I think I have it figured. There’s line of a groove inside the clear print to push the light strip into. You out them in backwards facing in. Seems to be correct

2 weeks later
#11476 6 months ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

TheNoTrashCougar Exciting! Speaking of code, I'm curious if you would be willing to make source code available for TNA now that the CE production run is almost finished? I think it would be really neat to try coding in new game modes and whatnot for my TNA CE

This sounds like it's totally gonna happen

1 month later
#11577 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Listed my TNA this morning. Unfortunately it's not a long term keeper for me as much as i do enjoy the gameplay. Have a lot of single level games here with more coming and no room.
I'd love to keep them all, but can't.

Whaaaaaaaat……?!?!?!?

#11600 5 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Lock stealing in a game in a tourney that has 3 or more players in a group is just wrong. It’s too much of an advantage.
Not sure why you wouldn’t just add code to the game so that it could be used in higher stakes tourneys. You are already going to the effort of taking away random mystery awards.
Getting a free multiball from one shot is the best random award a player can receive in a game. Random due to the order of play.
It’s the perfect tourney game with short ball times and a great rule set. I love playing it. So does everyone else at the league.

I was playing TNA in the playoffs at YEGpin. I was waiting my turn in position 3. The player in front of me had two locked balls and and absolutely kept bricking the shot to release balls. I was vibrating standing there with my fingers crossed for a drain. FINALLY he hit it and got his multiball. In any scenario, it was bitchin and TNA in tourneys is so great.

The game was setup evil and I killed it and got my 3 points in that round anyway!

#11623 4 months ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

TheNoTrashCougar Apologies in advance if this is not the right venue for code suggestions for TNA, but I have a small list I hope you consider
- In multiplayer modes, playing the "Player One/Two/Three/Four" call out (the same one when adding a player) at the start of each player's ball. My friends new to pinball often get confused who's turn it is, especially when someone gets an extra ball.
- When a player has one or more tilt warnings available, lighting one or both of the RBG lights on the lower digital numeric display. I often find myself forgetting how many warnings I have left and break eye contact with the flippers to check, casing me to loose focus and drain during intense moments of play.
I'm still rocking the beta code on my TNA CE and have not encountered any issues. Thank you for continuing to support this amazing game!

just cradle the ball and look at tilts. take a quick breather

#11648 4 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

TheNoTrashCougar I caved in and updated to the latest beta code. It was hard to say bye to the scores and speed run times I'd set, but decided to use the opportunity as motivation to reclaim the scores.
Second stream with the new code tonight, I managed to complete the game 3 times during stream and set a new GC (17.6M).
Also had a 13M point game along the way and finished the night with a 10M.
[quoted image]
Here's the VOD for anyone that's interested: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1985821462 (with the 17.6M game set around the 50 minute mark).
Still more scores to claim back again, so can't stop yet
The bug fixes in the update are welcomed and the new speed run change is a good one too! I hope you're able to consider adding the single reactor challenge as a selectable mode from the start menu (like team/co op) play in a future update

Fuck sakes! Nice.
I am a peasant.

1 week later
#11671 4 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I used to get those air balls rolling down the left to the outlane and it bugged me so I did this. Fixed it.
[quoted image]

Nice!
I’ve had the same happen a couple times

3 weeks later
#11736 3 months ago
Quoted from TwentySide:

Hey all,
In a moment of good fortune I was able to get my hands on an original run TNA for my home! It’s long been my #1 dream pin and couldn’t be more excited.
The pin was routed, and while it’s in good condition, I’m hoping for some advice on improving it further. Apologies if these questions have been answered already…
1. I have some bubbling on the front of the cab. Is there a reasonable way for me to repair this, or would I need to replace the front cab decal?
2. The translight is dim compared to my Sterns. Is there a setting or a lighting kit to improve this? I couldn’t find one.
3. I can’t seem to track down the speaker lighting kit that Spooky had been offering. Anyone know where I can get one, or an alternative lighting solution?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Call or email spooky to ask about buying a speaker light kit.

Could there be a setting for backglass dimming? I haven’t peeked, but rip through your setting for that

As for the bubbling, shitty.
Maybe you can remove the shooter housing and use a hair dryer or heat gun from a distance to even the decal back out. Spooky likely has easy access to a replacement also

P.s. I also have my TNA parked to the right of my GZ

#11748 3 months ago

It looks more like the posts are cranked down tight and pushing the clear away a tad bit.

1 month later
#11838 63 days ago

Quoted from Jesder:I managed to complete TNA 3 times again tonight on stream, smashing my old GC of 17.6M with a new score of 29.2M
[quoted image]
This is the VOD for anyone interested: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2062431035

You're not allowed back in here!!

#11847 60 days ago

Has there ever been an idea to do a 1 v 3 vs type mode for TNA TheNoTrashCougar ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=northerndude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.