Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,361 posts
  • 323 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by BladeFury
  • Topic is favorited by 141 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 467 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180818_104802.jpg
20180818_104810.jpg
20180818_104640.jpg
20180818_104626.jpg
20180818_104559.jpg
20180818_104610.jpg
C876C9DE-5F83-4FD4-AE35-EC79FF1C31BD (resized).jpeg
20180810_195552 (resized).jpg
20180810_195328 (resized).jpg
20180810_195330 (resized).jpg
976B5479-E058-489A-82F9-29EF3D58CC4C (resized).jpeg
AD2EFDCD-54EF-45BA-BC88-21800CB27D0F (resized).jpeg
IMG_3054 (resized).jpeg
logansrun02 (resized).jpg
2B972519-D4B9-4F42-A5D8-B5DADB4FA3F2 (resized).png
IMG_6510 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (12 months ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (12 months ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (9 months ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (9 months ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (8 months ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (7 months ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (7 months ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 months ago)

Post #1958 Beacon LED upgrade and suggestions with photos. Posted by NimblePin (4 months ago)

Post #2336 Switch adjustment suggestions. Posted by jar155 (3 months ago)

Post #2353 instructions on speaker grille add-on Posted by BorgDog (3 months ago)

Post #2423 Fanless Power Supply. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (3 months ago)

Post #2439 Images for those looking to swap the PSU fan Posted by OnTheSnap (3 months ago)

Post #2527 Info on replacement higher quality screen. Posted by audihere (3 months ago)

Post #2738 Great list of mods to consider. Posted by 27dnast (83 days ago)

Post #2834 Suggestions on contrast settings Posted by mayuh (72 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 1 year ago

102 here

how quick do spooky build?

I'm in no rush as have no space at the moment.

3 months later
#442 9 months ago

If I want the options from pinball life how do I get them added?

Neil.

1 month later
#792 7 months ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I wonder if the design of this game lends itself better to having many versions of code offering up a broader range of games compared to other designs? For example, adding a feature that causes the reactor to start 'leaking' would involve just having leds programmed to flash different color timed sequences etc. I think the lack of ramps and toys, and relying on lights, color, sounds, targets, shots, time make it a better generic platform for custom code forks, but not sure.
Also, having unique call-outs that rarely repeat themselves, like sounds song samples would be cool, as I find call-outs can get repetitive. Having 'organic' callouts with lots of cheap onboar memory to spare, and lots of license free sounds/music can make it more interesting than repeating call-outs... Same with light sequences, having randomness in the light patterns can make it more interesting over time, I would think. Most games have yet to take full advantage of the the ability to program LEDs and change their colors in new ways not possible in the past.

cake and eat it ?

1 month later
#1385 6 months ago

go for it dood!

btw when mine arrives come and play it at flipout in croydon.

1 week later
#1506 6 months ago

that looks fantastic! 85!

#1623 5 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I will probably have to add the dump logic though.

<blues brothers>no freaking way!</blues brothers>

1 month later
#2151 4 months ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Lit side rails look awesome too.

how do the rails come off?

#2156 4 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Screws, no glue or tape.

amen to that! Ordered the rail light

Neil.

#2215 4 months ago

I don't have any 5x20mm fuses but I'd like to get some as spares. Is there a fuse list?

Cheers,
Neil.

#2218 4 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Always worth having this size fuse in the spares box as well as the larger glass type. The smaller ones are used in wpc-95 and pin2k to.

oh I didn't notice they are used in WPC 95. thanks.

#2238 4 months ago

upgraded to 1.2.0 no issues. haven't played co-op mode yet, need to find some friends first LOL

#2264 4 months ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Something is not aligned quite right, the top bar does not go into the lockdown mech straight, i have already peeled off the decal from the top left corner of the front of the cabinet trying to wiggle thing around. I am not sure if something is bent a little or if the lockdown mech is a little sideway/too low?
I will have to spend some time checking alignment and positioning. Maybe need to move the lockdown mech a little higher?
I have to realign the flipper bats too, little high with a hop but that is easy to fix Those brand new rubbers sure are grippy fresh outta the box! Can't stop playing the game to take time to try and fix it

I have a similar problem I think but the reason is that the play field is very tight on the left hand side and needs help to slot in properly. Once this is done the lock bar is fine.

Neil.

#2315 4 months ago

for those without facebook

2 weeks later
#2476 3 months ago

anyone had STDM from the scoop?

#2503 3 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

Finally spent a substantial amount of time to figure out why my lockdown bar is so insanely tight!! Both adjustment screws have been all the way up since day one but there's times when I almost can't get the game open or buttoned back up. Started to worry me.
I compared the lockdown mechanism mounting position to other games and measured lockdown bar with calipers to compare to other lockdown bars. Everything seemed to check out.
It was pretty apparent that the lock slide was hitting too low on the chamfered hooks to engage.
When the pf is in the down position the pf hangers hit the lockdown bar's two 90deg bent tabs and hold the lockdown bar way too high to engage. I ground off between 1/16" and 1/8" on these tabs where they come into contact with the pf hangers. I also ground the two chamfers a little larger. I moved the beer tape up against the two tabs so it wouldn't press up so much on the lockdown bar being on the bend, and that's also where it was located on my other bars.
Now, everything is working as it should. Even screwed the two lockdown mechanism adjustment screws down a tiny bit to fine tune the tightness on the lockdown bar in the closed position.

I have the same issue - is the pic the after from the grinding? can you share a pic of where and what you ground?

ive found you have to push the playfield down to hook it in right...

spookycharlie you should check what you are doing here as its not 100%

Neil.

#2587 3 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

I installed a ColorDMD spec LCD panel in my TNA today. Wow, what a difference! Turns out the stock HDMI to LVDS converter board used on TNA can be reprogrammed with a 1920x1080 firmware file using something like this https://tinyurl.com/y7q6jx36 or you can just buy one of these https://tinyurl.com/y7l6m9yy specifically matched to your HD panel such as one like this https://tinyurl.com/ydel6ahz
Major improvement for the contrast and viewing angle. Pinks and greens look amazing too!
And in typical ColorDMD fashion, first game, I had my best game yet with 5 reactors destroyed!

will that screen need anything to mount it?

#2635 3 months ago

herg
thanks for sharing the 3d print file.

Neil.

#2642 3 months ago
Quoted from herg:

You're welcome. I'm glad it is useful for you. I'm curious about how many others have printed. My own printer is going to be quite busy for a while.

i don't have a printer (yet but a local company i contacted would print both for £30.

Now all I need is the rest of the speaker kit but KT has gone silent!

Neil.

1 week later
#2676 88 days ago

I had to adjust the slings and I need to adjust the pop bumper.

Cheers,
Neil.

#2749 83 days ago

I did the screen update and its worth it for sure. but you don't need to unplug the cable from the original screen and I recommend you leave it as its scary as hell to disconnect it. The driver board comes with a new and right cable to plug in. Swap the screen, swap the driver board (leave the original buttons they are they same). Hardest part was putting on new black tape round the screen straight! You then have to calibrate the colour, contrast, brightness.

I agree with the scoring above for sure although I think the shaker deserves 5/5!

Neil.

#2768 82 days ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well the package from Pinball life arrived on Saturday, and I went over the top and ordered 4 powerballs. Felt pretty silly after placing the order, as the 4 balls ran me $200+ plus shipping. But the thought of adding one, or all of them, to my TNA was enticing as hell.
Swapped out the steel balls & threw all four powerballs in my game. Then banged out a bunch of games. Holy crap! Talk about ball action. Makes an already fast game even crazier. The powerballs are lighter, so they float & speed all over the playfield. With all of that action, there were times they were REALLY getting airborn & smashing into the playfield glass. That was a little nerve-racking, but it sure was a lot of fun.
Will all four stay in my machine? Well they're staying in there for now. I need to play some more games to decide, but I think the leading viewpoint of just one powerball is probably the way to go. It's pretty crazy with all four in there. It changes the physics of the skill shot plunge for sure. And it might be more exciting/mysterious for players when just that single powerball pops into the shooter lane. I'll always have one powerball in there, that's for sure.
With that said, I shot some video if anyone is thinking about doing this. You can see how crazy it gets during multiball. My game is setup all standard, 6.5 degree pitch, etc. Enjoy!

» YouTube video

epic LOL

#2776 81 days ago
Quoted from PDFVT:

I’m getting two different colors on my speaker LED’s. Without a game started the left one is the correct Purple while the right one is Red. They also do not match durrrig play except with they are both green. Ideas?

Id guess the connection has gone.

1 week later
#2883 68 days ago

it definitely feels production is much quicker for the second hundred machines than for the first 100 machines.

2 weeks later
#3096 55 days ago

Folks - what colours have you seen your lighted speakers go?

Mine only seem to go purple, green (MB) and white.

Never seen red or blue or any other colour - is that right?

3 weeks later
#3194 34 days ago

swapped the power supply to the quiet one and man what a difference. For home use its a must do.

#3207 31 days ago

my spike games are no where near as loud as my TNA was and the Spike games only come on periodically. The screen I agree is optional but the PSU in my view isn't but each to their own.

2 weeks later
#3303 17 days ago

saw a TNA with pinstadium lights on it. It looked really bad

1 week later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Sale Pending!
Los Angeles, CA
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 37.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.50
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside