(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,939 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider namyzzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8920 1 year ago

9-7-2022 = I got on the list. Not sure what "#" yet. Can't Wait.!!

#8927 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah, it was a little slip up to call the game TNA 2.0. Myself and Spooky used to call it that a while ago. The 2.0 designation implies a new ruleset in my opinion, which this is not. It is best to call this a rerun of TNA than TNA 2.0.
--Scott

Whatever name Scott decides is ok with me <bows head and steps back slowly>..
That being said, (IMHO) = 2.0 is ok with me. Easy and quick to say. To me it doesn't mean better or worse than original. It's a good designation for the "re-run" date indication and possible part/component changes (power supply, connectors, newer revision this and that..etc)..Helpful should one be talking about parts or making a revised parts or repair manual)..
TNA = "2017 original", 1st release
TNA 2.0 = "2022", 2nd release
TNA 3.0 = "202?" , 3rd release
TNA Chernobyl = "20??",
TNA Fukushima = "20??",
^>Welcome to the Future<^

...Im pumped.!! ..Placed my order 9-7-22.. TNA "rerun, black?? 2.0".. It will be my first "NEW" pinball machine purchase.. Probably the last new one I buy $$..lol..$$..
.. kidding aside - I think the pricing was on target.. comparing 2017 "base" model price plus the add ons required at the time to make it comparable to TNA 2.0, parts/pricing inflation, Sp00kys builders/techs, phone and email support to listen to me beg..LOL..
(heck, Iv'e seen used ones posted/selling for just a few "dollars" less..)

...my 2cents worth..

2 weeks later
#9050 1 year ago

I have no clue how long it takes for them to get one out or a "batch". How has the other models shipped - time wise?

Just taking a wild guess - maybe I'll see mine in late January?. Order placed 9-7-2022. Supposedly game #138. I was told 4-6mos approx for this run.

I ordered a Spooky hoodie to keep me warm while waited.. LOL.. Received it already

Spooky just posted the run is about to start soon!..

#9099 1 year ago
Quoted from WilhuffTarkin:

Is Spooky charging for tax and shipping on the CE? Is the Butter still a $999 option?

Indiana here. Had to pay $489.65 in taxes so far (no butter). Not sure how much shipping/taxes will be yet (#138). Have not received the "butter" email as of yet, but will pass on that option.

1 month later
#9401 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I heard #19 was delivered. Anyone in the 20s have their CE yet?

status (resized).jpgstatus (resized).jpg
#9414 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Their customer service is pretty good; they offer full refunds on any machines with bad coins door locks…

#9415 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I paid on 10/5 and I’m #23. No word yet and I’m jealous now!

By chance are you #223? (I haven't heard how many units have been sold yet)..anyone?

Sale opened 9-1-2022

I paid the $2k on 9-7-2022. Paid the rest on 9-12-2022 (no butter). Still waiting on the E-mail with shipping cost & estimated shipping date.
I'm supposedly #138

..still waiting for my Fang club kit as well. (but I will gladly wait for the game and kit to come, I don't want to make any waves and get sent to the Back of the Line.. )

#9431 1 year ago

Speak of the Devil..

#138 and just got my "Butter/No Butter", where to ship to E-mail, and that it should hit the assembly line soon..

1 week later
#9505 1 year ago

It's the exact same Multimorphic P3-ROC system as the original. Same wiring and everything.
--Scott

How about the computer itself - I was looking awhile back and thought it might be one of the "UP" boards being used?.
Also, looking at these 2 pics - did they relocate the computer to a separate mount for any reason?.. ( ..not sure where the older pic came from - or if it was like this for the 1st versions of TNA)

..just curious .. I haven't seen any of the internals up close and personal yet.. Still waiting on mine
1 (1) (resized).jpg1 (1) (resized).jpg1 (2) (resized).jpg1 (2) (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#9671 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Number 144 here just got final invoice! Maybe I'll have some Annihilation under my Christmas tree this year.

I am hoping so as well

Here's my "overall" Sp00ky experience for reference: (CE# 138)

5-3-2022 = Joined the "Fang" Club.. (as 12-1-2022 I have yet to receive anything in the mail..)
9-7-2022 = Placed my order using the website & made the initial $2K down payment.
9-12-2022 = Requested via E-mail for total due. Paid remainder due the same day (w/tax) = $7,484.65.
9-12-2022 = ordered a Hoodie. Received it (Love it btw).

10-31-2022 = Sent an E-mail asking about approx production# they were on = "in the 30's"

11-3-2022 = Received the Butter/No Butter E-mail which also asked about the "Ship To" location.
11-7-2022 = Received a confirmation of the "No Butter" & shipping location.

12-1-2022 = ...as of yet - I have not received an invoice for the shipping amount/delivery date.

..Just posting for FYI.. Not rushing Spooky.. Would rather all the issues be corrected before receiving it.

#9715 1 year ago

#138 delivered!

(left Sp00ky on 12-5-2022 - delivered to Indiana by R&L on 12-6-2022.!!.. Super impressed.. A++ )

Backglass looks nice and vibrant to me. It can be hard to take a picture of - because the brightness of the digits and playfield lights.

Playing ok - but I have not level checked or done much pre-setup (the ball is hanging up on the lane switches "-man the wire hoops are tall", RAD targets kinda "stiff" or weak to react, kinda suprised at the noise/static coming through the speakers right now when idle - and it kinda "pops" when turning off - like my 1993 Gladiators..).

So far - I'm Lovin' it.!!.. When the kickers hit and the lighted triangle area kinda "flip/flops" = frkn AWESOME!..

...gotta go.. Pinball Time.!!

Just wanted to let others know - it may be a Merry Christmas for them as well.

20221206_150732 (resized).jpg20221206_150732 (resized).jpg20221206_205926 (resized).jpg20221206_205926 (resized).jpg20221206_205941 (resized).jpg20221206_205941 (resized).jpg
#9729 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

The ball is constantly getting hung up on the lane switches on my machine.
Interesting you also have the static issue.

So - I had the issue and stopped playing long enough to check the level and rake of the playfield (it was level but the rake was only 5 degrees). I corrected and set to the suggested 6.5 deg listed in the online manual. Game play is faster now = A++.

However, there were still 2 hang ups. Once on the core "O" and once on the right hand bottom inlane switch. IMHO = the initial bend on the wire or height isn't correct on several of them. (see pictures). Some are taller than others, more rounded and protruding up a little too high. They should probably have been shorter or bent a little so the initial contact isn't like hitting a flat wall (if yah no what I mean..hard to describe.)..

On the "O" switch - the ball also kinda hit it from the side and wedged against the switch.

I also ran the Switch Test. Hit them all with my finger. The machine will give 2 sounds. One for depress and one for release of the switch. A couple of times on the left hand inlane switch = it didn't pop up properly and give the "released" sound.

>Shes a fresh machine = so I'll give her some time to "seat in".. If it continues to be a problem I will start tweaking the metal wire a little bit and see what happens. lpeters82
Lane_switches (resized).jpgLane_switches (resized).jpgLane_switches2 (resized).jpgLane_switches2 (resized).jpgLane_switches3 (resized).jpgLane_switches3 (resized).jpg

#9730 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Hope this dude knows what he’s doing
[quoted image]

Mine inspected by the same. lpeters82

Not really trying to bash anyone at Sp00ky or cry to much = but heres just a few other things I noticed in addition to my other posts (if I was too upset or even thought they could "do" something about it since its at my house now - I would call them)...

The coin box: The lid appears to have a slot in it = wonder why they didn't use that to keep the coin box and lid "centered" within the base of the cabinet. It can slide around..etc.. Also, the left hand short piece of wood is really loose. Either the screw is too short or it was overtightened and stripped the wood. I get that it can't be too long = but wonder why they didn't glue it or screw from the bottom up. (maybe by screwing it in you can remove / change width for other boxes or a bill mechanism or something.?)

(as much as I have the bass turned up = it will probably come loose soon )

The back box has 2 areas where they had to run screws from it into the sides = it would look better if they painted it black or something = just kinda stands out. (Especially when look over this thing with a "fine tooth comb" = you know,, like you spent 9k on it or something.. Haha)

When opening the backbox - the door will drag against the backglasses bottom ledge. When closing the door I either have to put a hand print on the glass and try to slide it up a tad - or use my fingernail to lift up on the bottom edge and then try and squeeze the door closed past my fingernail..

Last time I shut off the machine = a red light in the backbox stayed lit up for probably 15 mins or so. Not sure what was going on there.
20221207_200513.jpg20221207_200513.jpg20221208_004618.jpg20221208_004618.jpginsp.jpginsp.jpgvlcsnap-2022-12-08-00h29m05s984.jpgvlcsnap-2022-12-08-00h29m05s984.jpg

#9754 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I just needed some motivation to make some plugs for the backbox. It kinda bugged me too. Like the apron cover, you can print them on your own or get them from my PS shop.
https://www.printables.com/model/335623-tna-ce-backbox-plugs
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1453-scottieia-mods/07492-tna-ce-apron-cover-and-backbox-plugs

Awesome!.

#9827 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Does this happen to anyone else? I get cheated on multiball sometimes.
[quoted image]

Yes, I am having this occasionally on my CE model. Sometimes it wont catch the ball going in and it will roll out. Other times it may hang just up like your reference picture.

I have been busy tweaking the lane switches and the lower bumpers. The Danesi lock is on the "to do" list - but not sure what it will take to cure it as of yet.

#9828 1 year ago

How do my balls look..

No seriously. Just curious if anyone suggests a better ball to use. New CE machine with limited plays and the balls already have gouges in them. Sure theres dimples - but they also have "deepish" gouges that your fingernail will hang up on. Kinda straight line/gouges = so maybe from the auto plunger?

Kinda worried about them harming the playfield.

..is this just the way it is - or should I get something "better". Seen a few 1 1/16" on Marco - just not sure which if any to buy. Thoughts?

20221212_235758 (resized).jpg20221212_235758 (resized).jpg
#9829 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

The ball is constantly getting hung up on the lane switches on my machine.
Interesting you also have the static issue.

..Was curious if you figured out yours yet?

After adjusting the table to proper slope - I still had hang ups on 2 of the switches. The ball was wedging between the metal switch wire and the nearby posts.

I lifted the playfield and loosened the 2 screws slightly - then rotated the switch bodies to get the metal wire more in the center of the groove/cutout towards the initial contact area where the ball hits it first. This was enough the prevent the ball from wedging.

#9869 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Still no luck on my dead J7 coils (drops, right scoop, pop).
I tried to move the connector to another pin but no change. Connection seems solid from continuity testing the connector, etc. Few other things that may help troubleshoot?
1) Should the speaker pop a few times while booting up? Is there a power issue elsewhere?
2) The drop target test only lists errors on the Up line, but they are permanently down anyway, so don't know if it would error the Down line if it's already down.
3) I am seeing ~48.5 V at each coil, but they still will not fire.
4) I have continuity between J3 and each J7 pin
5) Fuse has continuity
6) J3 has ~48.5 V
7) The other coils on that board work fine (J11)

Mine pops on startup. I have not performed any "official" adjustment procedure as of yet..

1 week later
#9967 1 year ago

Is there a schematic available for TNA?

Using my TNA-CE = I have been working on "schematics" - if you can call them that.. .. and a parts listing among other things. I am hoping to have everything uploaded in a ONENOTE format on my Microsoft OneDrive very soon.
(using Circuitmaker which can be set as a community project for those curious).

I have seen several posts saying TNA & TNA-CE = are the basically the same.. But, looking through various pics and knowing how companies like to substitute things = I decided to go down the rabbit hole. Several bits of information posted on websites - are outdated and many links are no longer working.

I am hoping to get the Power Filter Distribution block laid out this week. I shudder to think about trying to figure out the layout for the LED/Switch ribbon cables
Would really like to have a FUSE CHART as well (location, size/type) = but I really don't want "crack" open the fuse holders (scared of breaking the housings..etc). Dip switch settings chart, Coil wiring..etc

The official "manual" does have 3 pages worth looking at. I hope to have a schematic showing a little better the relationship between the Coils, mosfet locations and which board they reside on.

Digging this deep - I have noticed a few QC issues (most concerning to date was wondering why the internal 120v service outlet wasn't working = BAD crimp job/wrong size spade connector used for 2 twisted together wires. It had come out of the spade connector and was just floating inside the box). SHEESH.!.. (I was curious to see if the top outlet was "CPU" powered on and if the lower was always "HOT"..needless to say neither worked because of the unseated wire..BTW - both hot all the time)..

If someone creates a new TNA repair/hardware thread or sticky for this section = I have many pics to contribute

So far, this is what I have. ( I caution EVERYONE = Use at your own peril. Mistakes happen).
TNA_CE-POWERDISTRIBUTION-PAGE1 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-POWERDISTRIBUTION-PAGE1 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SWITCH-LEDS-COMS (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SWITCH-LEDS-COMS (resized).jpgonenote-1 (resized).jpgonenote-1 (resized).jpgonenote-2 (resized).jpgonenote-2 (resized).jpgonenote-3 (resized).jpgonenote-3 (resized).jpgPOWERSUPPLY_AREA67 (2)a (resized).jpgPOWERSUPPLY_AREA67 (2)a (resized).jpgPLAYFIELD_UNDERSIDE_OVERALL (resized).jpgPLAYFIELD_UNDERSIDE_OVERALL (resized).jpg20221226_123958 (resized).jpg20221226_123958 (resized).jpg

Added 15 months ago:

..bad pics.. see other post.!!

#9981 1 year ago

<2nd Post - uploaded wrong picture ..sorry>

Using my TNA-CE = I have been working on "schematics" - if you can call them that.. .. and a parts listing among other things. I am hoping to have everything uploaded in a ONENOTE format on my Microsoft OneDrive very soon.
(using Circuitmaker which can be set as a community project for those curious).

I have seen several posts saying TNA & TNA-CE = are the basically the same.. But, looking through various pics and knowing how companies like to substitute things = I decided to go down the rabbit hole. Several bits of information posted on websites - are outdated and many links are no longer working.

I am hoping to get the Power Filter Distribution block laid out this week. I shudder to think about trying to figure out the layout for the LED/Switch ribbon cables
Would really like to have a FUSE CHART as well (location, size/type) = but I really don't want "crack" open the fuse holders (scared of breaking the housings..etc). Dip switch settings chart, Coil wiring..etc

The official "manual" does have 3 pages worth looking at. I hope to have a schematic showing a little better the relationship between the Coils, mosfet locations and which board they reside on.

Digging this deep - I have noticed a few QC issues (most concerning to date was wondering why the internal 120v service outlet wasn't working = BAD crimp job/wrong size spade connector used for 2 twisted together wires. It had come out of the spade connector and was just floating inside the box). SHEESH.!.. (I was curious to see if the top outlet was "CPU" powered on and if the lower was always "HOT"..needless to say neither worked because of the unseated wire..BTW - both hot all the time).. Also - the ON/OFF switch had a cold solder joint on one of the legs = the solder was just holding the wires together - but not "binding" it to the leg.

If someone creates a new TNA repair/hardware thread or sticky for this section = I have many pics to contribute

So far, this is what I have. ( I caution EVERYONE = Use at your own peril. Mistakes happen).

<use with CAUTION>
TNA_CE-POWERDISTRIBUTION-PAGE1 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-POWERDISTRIBUTION-PAGE1 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SWITCH-LEDS-COMS (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SWITCH-LEDS-COMS (resized).jpgPOWERSUPPLY_AREA67 (2)a (resized).jpgPOWERSUPPLY_AREA67 (2)a (resized).jpgTNA_CE-PARTS-LISTING-1 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-PARTS-LISTING-1 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-PARTS-LISTING-2 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-PARTS-LISTING-2 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-PARTS-LISTING-3 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-PARTS-LISTING-3 (resized).jpg20221226_123958 (resized).jpg20221226_123958 (resized).jpg

#9982 1 year ago

..Just noticed this sticker the other day

Maybe they got the memo too late - and already had the stickers made.. lol

sn (resized).jpgsn (resized).jpg
#9996 1 year ago

#10022 1 year ago

I got my crayons out again. Here's one for the audio.
<Use with CAUTION>

TNA_CE-AUDIO-PAGE1a (resized).jpgTNA_CE-AUDIO-PAGE1a (resized).jpg
#10024 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

I got my crayons out again. Here's one for the audio.
<Use with CAUTION>[quoted image]

One for Power Distribution Filter Board
<use with CAUTION>

TNA_CE-PWR-DIST-FLTR-BOARD (resized).jpgTNA_CE-PWR-DIST-FLTR-BOARD (resized).jpg
#10059 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

One for Power Distribution Filter Board
<use with CAUTION>[quoted image]

Whew.!.

Here is another one. Basic schematic for SW-16 (#0), coin door area, flippers..etc

(also - since someone posted the sub box opened - I was able to redo one of the power distribution schematics)

As always - <Use With Caution>

TNA_CE-POWERDIST_132023 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-POWERDIST_132023 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SW-16_0_132023 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SW-16_0_132023 (resized).jpg
#10096 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Whew.!.
Here is another one. Basic schematic for SW-16 (#0), coin door area, flippers..etc
(also - since someone posted the sub box opened - I was able to redo one of the power distribution schematics)
As always - <Use With Caution>[quoted image][quoted image]

Heres my go at SW-16 (#3). It's really hard to draw out all the "Loopdaloops" that is done when the wire is daisy chained (black wire mainly). Also really hard to draw this with the components laid out how it is actually under there and still be big enough to read. So this drawing looks pretty basic but it may help understand a little about whats going on under there..

(I did notice in the official manual that they referred to a "brown" wire and some that are "striped".. Wonder if this is for the OG version or a supplier might have changed?.. It appears brown = RED on mine but none are striped".)

It's a bummer I cannot delete / edit these posts. I usually find something that needs changed/deleted after I look at it a day or so later.

As always - use with <CAUTION>

TNA_CE_SW16-3 (resized).jpgTNA_CE_SW16-3 (resized).jpgsw16-3 (resized).jpgsw16-3 (resized).jpg
#10097 1 year ago

..So, being all up in the cabinet - I noticed another issue. Screw missing. There is an imprint from the head in the material - so I guess there was one in there at sometime. But I searched HI-and-LOW inside the cabinet = and I cannot find it yet

AJ is working on a few other things for me as well. (I hate that I have to "bother" someone about the issues, let alone experience the issue myself). From all these posts I see here - I don't know how they can keep up. I hope it's not normal for them - really hope they keep things moving smoothly for Scooby

missingScrew (resized).jpgmissingScrew (resized).jpg
#10107 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got to the hardware store and get another screw.

go ahead and send me some.

yah - I only got a few spare screws right now for my 93' Gladiators - But being under warranty and 9k into it = I think they can support it for awhile. Also got a stripped screw/wood in the top of the playfield - so the "c"ore bumper is flopping around like a noodle...

#10109 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey if you want to wait for a screw from spooky, that’s cool. But you also said you felt bad bothering them about it since they seemed super busy (they are). So why not take something off their plate? Plus you won’t have to wait.

Yah - feel bad = but not my problem they wont use a low grade locking compound or something. or if they are using air/power tools and strip stuff out.. they need to know the issues going on.

If you really think paying 9k isn't enough to have a decent performing machine = thats cool.. to each his own.. I was thinking that way in the beginning - but after the other issues = my tune is changing a little..

#10162 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I just needed some motivation to make some plugs for the backbox. It kinda bugged me too. Like the apron cover, you can print them on your own or get them from my PS shop.
https://www.printables.com/model/335623-tna-ce-backbox-plugs
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1453-scottieia-mods/07492-tna-ce-apron-cover-and-backbox-plugs

Thanks again for this.

I had a friend who just started 3d printing try your design. They turned out pretty good using what material he had - (a little shiny). Probably not quite to specs as getting them direct from you.

I installed them the other day - they fit snugly - and made a world of difference - to me anyways. Used a black "paint" marker by itself and wasn't impressed - installing the plugs was the answer.. A++

Thank You!
BACKBOX_PLUGS (resized).jpgBACKBOX_PLUGS (resized).jpgBACKBOX_PLUGS3 (3) (resized).jpgBACKBOX_PLUGS3 (3) (resized).jpgBACKBOX_PLUGS3 (4) (resized).jpgBACKBOX_PLUGS3 (4) (resized).jpg

#10163 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Still no luck on my dead J7 coils (drops, right scoop, pop).
I tried to move the connector to another pin but no change. Connection seems solid from continuity testing the connector, etc. Few other things that may help troubleshoot?
1) Should the speaker pop a few times while booting up? Is there a power issue elsewhere?
2) The drop target test only lists errors on the Up line, but they are permanently down anyway, so don't know if it would error the Down line if it's already down.
3) I am seeing ~48.5 V at each coil, but they still will not fire.
4) I have continuity between J3 and each J7 pin
5) Fuse has continuity
6) J3 has ~48.5 V
7) The other coils on that board work fine (J11)

Curious to know if you resolved your issue - in particular = does yours still pop 3 times or so when powering on?

#10172 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

No clue because the replacement board they sent melted so haven't been able to turn it on or play it since.

Ugh!..

#10176 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

I'm printing these as you make them and have bound myself together an actual paper manual. Thanks for your effort and kindness to offer it to the rest of us!

Here are some new ones (switch1, knocker/shaker..etc) - and I updated some of the old ones as well so you may want to check them too. (The .jpg's sometimes have a few more extra tweaks than the .pdf's). Posting them here is an issue when I find a problem and need to correct or update something.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ObqfQeHLuyJLEe5PYVtv4vZuhRNixfBE?usp=sharing

use with CAUTION (I have seen a few discrepancies between mine and the official manual)

Only available in Right to Repair states..

overview (resized).jpgoverview (resized).jpg
#10190 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

[quoted image]

ouch.!

I have been trying to get some spare boards rounded up (..just incase).. However - I cannot find a PD-16 right now.. Currently PBL and Multimorphic are showing Out of Stock.!

I thought maybe Spooky was hoarding them for Scoob - but it might be using different stuff.. not sure...

Hopefully Sp00ky has one for you..

#10193 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

No clue because the replacement board they sent melted so haven't been able to turn it on or play it since.

I didn't really see anyone else mention the popping noises on bootup - except yours. So I went down the rabbit hole and did this/that. Sent a video to AJ and he sent me a new amp to try.etc..
But, I just watched 2 other videos and they do it as well. I understand the sub thump from the old car audio days - but figured the other popping noises was something else. (Iv'e only heard my old '93 Gladiators start up and its all kinds of noisy but just figured it was because its old. lol.) Guess I should have watched the videos first - lol.

I'm guessing - it has something to do with the way the Upboard and other software initializes (out of my zone for now). Shutting the machine off makes a nice racket as well which is another set of issues.

(I know I should just "put the hood down" and play it) - but I got bored, so for the powering up noise I added a delay switch. It just plugs in between the amp and the barrel connector. Variable settings allow you to dial in when the power turns on the amp. It was only a few dollars and says it can handle 10amps. I still get the sub thump when it eventually powers on - but it's past the initialization and you don't hear the popping noises.

(References to the noise)

= at 21:54~22:12 timestamp

and

= at 20:50~21:03 timestamp

UCTRONICS_FC-32 (resized).jpgUCTRONICS_FC-32 (resized).jpgUCTRONICS_FC-32-A (resized).jpgUCTRONICS_FC-32-A (resized).jpg
#10194 1 year ago

Got around to using a video to capture the boot screen - it's so fast.!

Not sure what the warnings are all about - but shes been playing just fine..

BOOTUP (resized).jpgBOOTUP (resized).jpg
#10208 1 year ago

Honestly, my original does this too. I tried to address it by putting a time delay circuit on certain parts of the system early on, but eventually just abandoned trying to make it boot up silent. This is just an artifact of using a modular audio system like this.
Curious if the 12v delay quiets it down well enough. But I don't really mind it.
--Scott

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Yah - it doesn't bother me too much - now that I know it wasn't just mine doing it. When I first unboxed it with help from a friend we both kinda looked at each other when it made the multiple popping noises - just kinda wondering if it was "ok"..

I'll adjust the time delay down to something more reasonable - but will probably tinker with putting a different amp in there with a "soft power" on/off feature and see if it helps with the sub thump. Hopefully try and figure out how to quiet the shutdown noise as well.

(here is how it sounds when the FC-32 delay activates the amp after a complete bootup. Smooth - but still has sub thump,)

#10245 1 year ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I think a lot of people are having this problem or similar. This wire rollover switch sits too high. On mine if the the ball makes it just past this switch then rolls backwards it presses the wire switch right, and the switch will not depress due to the sideways force/friction with the wood in the slot. It’s wedged between the wire switch and the left guide rail. You can free it, but it takes a really rough shake that results in a tilt every time.
If someone has bent/adjusted this switch please post a pic. Thanks.[quoted image]

I had hang-ups on 3 switches - started out thinking I would bend them. I tweaked with it a little. Also was going to cut the length on one of them - but those are some strong wires. My diag cutters wouldn't touch it.!

Figured out - I just had to loosen the 2 screws slightly - and then twist the assembly so the wire was more in center of the slot or lane - or to a position to where a ball wouldn't wedge inbetween it and a post or something.

Another pinsider told me about these spacers to use. I bought a few - but haven't needed them as of yet. = https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0211-00

#10269 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

So I pulled it out and you were absolutely correct. Bridged solder joint. Removed excess solder and problem solved. Thank you. For others here is a pic of the bridged solder joint. [quoted image]

Awesome pinsider help on this one!

(..and now I know how to "hack" mine to make my score look better. )

#10271 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

I'm glad it was an easy fix, but I don't understand how the machine could go out the door from the factory with such an obvious problem. Given the number of problems others and myself have had (I'm still working on my second major problem), on such a small run of machines, there must be a near complete lack of QA at Spooky. Don't they inspect the machines? Are there not QA and auditing procedures? Isn't there independent validation & verifcation testing? What on Earth is going on there? Or isn't $9,000 enough for them to spend a few extra minutes doing basic QA?
Max

I'm guessing this is another board manufactured by ?Anarchy? - It probably should be on their QC to catch this one. (whoever Anarchy is.. cant find much info on them).

not sure if Sp00ky has a burn in test where a person there would be able to confirm all digits were functioning properly to this level (but they should).

"imho"
Anarchy (minus 1 point)
Sp00ky (holding steady)

- but understand what your saying.

#10286 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Get this factory reset cleared it and started working again.

How did you do a factory reset?.. what are the steps.. just curious

#10290 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

My CE does[quoted image]

Strange - they don't have a "set" place where they mount it or the shaker interface board. Guess everyones will be unique in that way

CABINET_INSIDE (6) (resized).jpgCABINET_INSIDE (6) (resized).jpgCABINET_INSIDE (5) (resized).jpgCABINET_INSIDE (5) (resized).jpgELECTIRCAL_OUTLET (2) (resized).jpgELECTIRCAL_OUTLET (2) (resized).jpg
#10291 1 year ago

The factory reset he is referring to is just him reloading the latest software. On TNA, when you load software, it completely resets everything like it would have been from the factory.

I got yah.. 10-4

Mines working good - so no tinkering with that for now. But, maybe someday. I seen a few "?errors?" appear on one boot-up - but I haven't checked lately.

BOOTUP (resized).jpgBOOTUP (resized).jpg
#10294 1 year ago

I’d be curious to what they mean or what it’s doing. Mine shows the first Red one and the Yellow one, but not the 2nd Red one, and haven’t had any issues at all with gameplay linked to the software.
I know I’ve tinkered with a Raspberry Pi and seen warning messages like this and didn’t have any issues with the programs I was using.

Failing to create a swap file, cant find a related file/entry ??.. When it comes to "Linux/Python" = it's all gr33k to me.. I know about 3 command lines LOL ..

My Windows machine boots up fine as well = but take a look in the <Computer Management> / <Event Viewer> section = and there are typically alot of so called errors. So, I don't worry about them too much

I have a B+ Pi as well - loaded up Kali Linux on it after seeing it on Mr. Robot .. and thats about as far as I got.

Been trying to get the exact "UP-Board" model to tinker with it and the new TNA code release (-just curious to see what kind of sorcery is happening inside there) = but a month ago when searching for one they were all out of stock..

#10324 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

I will post a better pic soon. The picture is a snap shot of a youtube video. Dont have time to raise the playfield at the moment.

Who ordered the bowl of Spaghetti Soup..

(everytime I think I know where these wires go - I start doubting myself).. I don't know how Scott did all this, from layout/game play to PCB design = guys a Wizard or somethin' - I do believe Sorcery was involved..

Definetly check all the com cables as Scott advised = it's a tight fit near that piggyback board. It's nice Sp00ky ties everything up real good - but maybe too tight sometimes - maybe something you reseated moved another cable somehow.

TRBLE1 (resized).jpgTRBLE1 (resized).jpgTRBLE2 (resized).jpgTRBLE2 (resized).jpgTRBLE3 (resized).jpgTRBLE3 (resized).jpgtrble4 (resized).jpgtrble4 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SWITCH-LED-COMS (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SWITCH-LED-COMS (resized).jpg
#10325 1 year ago

No guts no glory

Updated my CE to the 1.5.1b1 beta update. So far so good.!

At first I tried the USB dongle in the front of the cabinet with a 32gb stick = it said it backed up the settings and only took seconds. However, nothing was written to the USB stick and didn't update the code.

Used a smaller 4gb stick and inserted into the UP Board as advised on Scott's website = update began right away..

Rebooted and confirmed update applied... tested and then shut down.

Then inserted the smaller 4gb stick into the front usb dongle and rebooted. It backed up the settings again. Checked on a computer and the USB stick had everything there this time..
usb_update (4) (resized).jpgusb_update (4) (resized).jpgusb_update (5) (resized).jpgusb_update (5) (resized).jpgusb_update (3) (resized).jpgusb_update (3) (resized).jpgusb_update (1) (resized).jpgusb_update (1) (resized).jpgusb_update (6) (resized).jpgusb_update (6) (resized).jpgusb_update (2) (resized).jpgusb_update (2) (resized).jpgUSB_contents (resized).jpgUSB_contents (resized).jpg

#10371 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I'm preparing to follow Scott's advice on adding a spacer to the 10" sub and then sealing the enclosure - Can someone please point me to an appropriate spacer for the sub? The units I'm finding seem to be used to trim out an external mount rather than add depth to an internal mount as in TNA. Thank you!

Iv'e been tinkering with this the past few days as well. Searching Amazon you can find a few options (ABS or MDF) and there is a few that have some that have a recessed opening. But, I too was having a hard time figuring out what to get and if they would work with the OEM speaker

I am also changing the speaker - so it is throwing all kinds of issues my way..

On the TNA = the main hole size is only 8 11/16". The Bolt hole circular diameter is approx 9 1/4". The mesh material is definetly stretched tight enough that it is pressing against the woofers rubber surround.

The dimensions of the new woofer I have definetly wont work just dropping in like the oem speaker. Kicker Comp C 10" = the distance just to the outer edge of the foam surround is 9 1/8" (9 1/4" max) and the bolt hole pattern is 9 7/8" and 10 5/8" max od of the mount.

I bought bolts long enough to "possibly" mount the speaker from the outside/underside. >Still not sure which way I will go..

I haven't opened the sub chamber yet and actually pulled the speaker. But here is what I ordered for now to see what I can make work.

(they do sell 1/2" abs per 1qty - but I wanted the 3/4" - just incase I decide to get creative. Was kinda scared of splitting/cracking the MDF flavor since the id of the ring is only 9 1/8" and the bolt hole pattern of the stock speaker is 9 1/4"). I will post pics once I tear it open. Parts might be here Saturday.
screws (resized).jpgscrews (resized).jpgssk10xk (resized).jpgssk10xk (resized).jpg

#10372 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

You're right, it's the rubber, not the rivet. It's sticking out too far. You can see how chewed up it's gotten.
What do? I can ask for a replacement from Spooky, but I don't think it's supposed to stick out that far, is it? Can it be adjusted?
Max
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your post got me interested to take a look at mine in that area. (FYI: Short plunge and the ball hits the top of the rh slingshot and then bounces to the left hand outer lane, full sweep and it hits the rh flipper.)

I am getting ring wear already as well. Hard to believe that the metal is flexing that much. Your rubber is more worn than mine - but my rivet looks like blind Bob was beating on it

Weeks ago I tried to order an "OEM" ring kit from Sp00ky but AJ advised they don't offer one. (WTF).. But he said if I have a problem with one in the warranty period - they would cover it. I ended up getting a clear ring kit from Pinball life and added in the colored flipper rubbers.
(for weeks I have been trying to get some spare parts from AJ with promises of getting an email to pay for them - but nothing. Maybe he thinks I am building machines to put out on the black market. Not sure. But I was waiting for an email before they even went on Christmas break, and again - I last had email exchanges with him on Monday = still no email..)

anyways - here are a few pics of mine for reference.

RH-ORBIT_RING-WEAR (1) (resized).jpgRH-ORBIT_RING-WEAR (1) (resized).jpgRH-ORBIT_RING-WEAR (2) (resized).jpgRH-ORBIT_RING-WEAR (2) (resized).jpgRH-ORBIT_RING-WEAR (3) (resized).jpgRH-ORBIT_RING-WEAR (3) (resized).jpgRH-ORBIT_RING-WEAR (4) (resized).jpgRH-ORBIT_RING-WEAR (4) (resized).jpg

#10375 1 year ago

Thanks for the info and good luck with your install this Saturday. I'll split the cost and take that other adaptor ring off your hands unless you want to keep it for backup or something. LMK.
BTW, make sure to mark where your sub enclosure is mounted before you take it out. Lining up the screw holes again is a total pain if you don't.

Good tip..

I'll let you know what I figure out..

#10382 1 year ago

..thought I would share..

TNA playfield.!!

Screenshot_20230127_183807_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230127_183807_Facebook (resized).jpg
#10398 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

Yeah, you're right. I'm done here.
Max

Stick Around.!. There is a lot of great information here now and upcoming - and any input from your personal experience is bound to help someone else in the future.

Jokes aside, and seemingly helpful replies can often loose good intentions and translation in a text reply. We can all have a little "CHET" in us from time to time (as me and my friends used to call it - referencing Chet from Weird Science). I guess their called Richards and Karens these days.. LOL

chet (resized).jpgchet (resized).jpg
#10404 1 year ago

Thanks for the info and good luck with your install this Saturday. I'll split the cost and take that other adaptor ring off your hands unless you want to keep it for backup or something. LMK.
BTW, make sure to mark where your sub enclosure is mounted before you take it out. Lining up the screw holes again is a total pain if you don't.

TNA CE stock subwoofer, subwoofer chamber and speaker spacer.

So, you may just want to remove the speaker and trim the material away, seal the box as Scott advised and reinstall (unless you can find 3/8" or less spacer and your box is mounted better than mine).

Sp00ky doesn't appear to use any "jigs" or specific locations when mounting the sub chamber and other items. My sub chamber is mounted all kinds of crooked in relation to the cabinet. The box is also mounted really close to the inside edge of the speaker. Due to the shaker and amp you cant really lower the box much to clear the spacer (yours may vary). The inside depth of the sub chamber is also an issue when selecting a spacer (3/8" thick spacer would probably be the max you would want to use with the GRS 10SW-4 oem speaker).

After opening the sub chamber and checking the speaker specs - I almost thought about just continuing to use it. But because I would have had to blanchard cut the spacer down to 3/8" thick, cut the bottom edge square to clear the box, purchase longer M4 bolts to work - I decided to continue installing the Kicker 10" from the underside - and deal with the consequences of having it "external".

I'll post a few pics after I get the amp and power supply installed. But, here are a few of the OEM parts and the new speaker installed.

(sorry for all the pics - easier to show than tell)

Chamber-Mounting-Offset-Skewed (resized).jpgChamber-Mounting-Offset-Skewed (resized).jpg20230128_193656a (resized).jpg20230128_193656a (resized).jpg20230128_213845 (resized).jpg20230128_213845 (resized).jpgSUB_CHASSIS-DIMENSIONS (resized).jpgSUB_CHASSIS-DIMENSIONS (resized).jpgSUB-BOX_INSIDE-SPECS (resized).jpgSUB-BOX_INSIDE-SPECS (resized).jpgSUB-BOX_OUTSIDE-SPECS (resized).jpgSUB-BOX_OUTSIDE-SPECS (resized).jpg20230129_131423 (resized).jpg20230129_131423 (resized).jpgvlcsnap-2023-01-29-10h28m26s385 (resized).jpgvlcsnap-2023-01-29-10h28m26s385 (resized).jpgZZZZ (resized).jpgZZZZ (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SUB-SCREWS (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SUB-SCREWS (resized).jpgGGG (resized).jpgGGG (resized).jpg20230128_191927 (resized).jpg20230128_191927 (resized).jpg20230128_224930a (resized).jpg20230128_224930a (resized).jpg20230128_224935 (resized).jpg20230128_224935 (resized).jpg20230128_224955 (resized).jpg20230128_224955 (resized).jpg20230128_224959 (resized).jpg20230128_224959 (resized).jpg20230128_225103 (resized).jpg20230128_225103 (resized).jpg20230128_225132A (resized).jpg20230128_225132A (resized).jpg
#10405 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddyrockstar:

Here are the diagrams for the light boards I got from Spooky. Be careful with how you refer to them when speaking with Spooky support. Not everyone refers to the 1st board in the series as "board #0" even though it is labeled that way in the manual. You will want to make sure you both are on the same page.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

SWEET.!!

Thank You for sharing.!!

(If Sp00ky would just release a proper manual - I could be playing more pinball)

I was dreading doing these

Hopefully Scott can share on his site without any issues. This is GOOD STUFF.!!

#10429 1 year ago

Can someone do a check for me? (I didn't think to do it before I installed the new amp & speaker).

Put it in demo mode and get some bass rockin to where you hear that "cone" / speaker sounding rattle. Then go to the underside and put your hands over the exhaust/air ports and see if it improves your sound. - just curious..

So doin the math - which is not my best subject .. It kind appears that it may be over ported.?. maybe not really the screen making the noise - but still probably hindering cone movement. Seems like the "vented" box design might be out of spec for the stock and the Kicker speaker.

I installed my Kicker compC 10", Boss 1100 watt mono amp and it rattled slightly more that the stock setup.

I didn't want to just glue wood over the ports incase my "theory" wasn't correct = so I installed plugs in the ports to get closer to the specs for a sealed box. SOUNDS SWEET!! - I will post a detailed setup soon. Not sure if I will install the plugs from the top side or just leave it. But I will probably add a little deflector or some dampener material inside the chamber to get closer to specs.

It appears that the stock speaker and the Kicker both call for a larger box if it is ported. According to the calculator - I believe - the box is too small to be ported.

anyone feel free to correct my math..etc

TNA_CE-SUBWOOFER-CHAMBER (3) (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SUBWOOFER-CHAMBER (3) (resized).jpgSUBENCLOSURE_CALCULATOR (resized).jpgSUBENCLOSURE_CALCULATOR (resized).jpgSTOCK_REQUIREMENTS (resized).jpgSTOCK_REQUIREMENTS (resized).jpgKICKER_COMPC-10A (resized).jpgKICKER_COMPC-10A (resized).jpgKICKER_COMPC-10 (resized).jpgKICKER_COMPC-10 (resized).jpgSUBWOOFER_BOSS-AMP (resized).jpgSUBWOOFER_BOSS-AMP (resized).jpgTEST-TITE_PLUGS (resized).jpgTEST-TITE_PLUGS (resized).jpgSUBCHAMBER_PLUGS (resized).jpgSUBCHAMBER_PLUGS (resized).jpg

#10431 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

I know I said I was done here, but since I solved my problem only with the help and advice of people here, I felt obligated to come back and describe in more detail what the problem was and how I fixed it. Also, I suspect that others may have the same problem and not even realize it, as I did not until recently, and this might help them.
The problem was this: When the ball comes down from the right orbit with high velocity, i.e., from the right orbit gate, the ball should feed the right flipper. When the ball comes down from the right orbit with low velocity, such as when the ball falls onto the PF from a short or soft plunge, the ball should hit the top of the right sling and bounce. This is by design. To quote damadczar , "On a slow rolling ball or a soft plunge, it should hit the top of the slings. That's why the ever popular right side nudge on a soft plunge became en vogue. If the ball is traveling fast around the loop it should go to the right flipper." TheNoTrashCougar replied, saying, "This is 100% correct for the record." Bowen Kerins explains it very well here, at 10:45: (this whole video is amazing, btw. I am now a Bowen Kerins fan)
My machine was not doing this. Very not doing this. On a slow ball from the right orbit, the ball on my machine would hit the rubber ring just south of the right metal orbit guide, bounce off of it, and not even come close to hitting the top of the right sling, as I showed in a previously posted video.
After "pulling the plastic" (look at me, learning pinball terminology), I could better see the real issue:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
As you can see, the edge of the orbit guide was impinging on the rubber ring and the ball. Additionally, the guide was twisted, as you can sort of see here:
[quoted image]
First, I put pressure on the guide to bend it and take the twist out of it. I could see that this was not enough to solve the problem, so I thought the post holding the end of the guide (where it is riveted) might have enough slop in the through-hole to move the post in a bit. I found the nut underneath and was able to move it slightly:
[quoted image]
This was still not enough to move the guide completely out of the way of the rubber, so I pulled out (toward the PF right edge) on the rubber ring post closest to the guide edge, moving the rubber out slightly. I also worked the rubber around to get the chewed-up part out of the way:
[quoted image]
All three of these actions helped, and it was better:
Minor adjustments were necessary to cause the ball to completely behave as it should, and I had to bend the guide back in a bit to get it "dialed in," as the young folk around here are fond of saying. (I understand there is a pinball machine by this name. Coincidence?? )
Big shout-outs to sataneatscheese, Oscilated, namyzzo, falcon950, TheNoTrashCougar, and everyone else who PMed me with great advice and encouragement. Honestly, I was just worried about screwing up my playfield -- breaking something off, wood splinters everywhere -- the imagination ran wild. And the fact that I had to bend, pry, and twist things on my brand new 9-grand toy put a bit of a knot in my stomach. But here we are.
And since I discovered today that my TNA is at only a 6 degree pitch, not 6.5 as it should be, now I just need my daughter's boyfriend, Buellxb12r, to come over here and get it even MORE dialed-in.
Max
PS Re-subscribed to the TNA club. I'M BACK BABEE

K1CK A55 ..!!!

..and happy to see you are back..

#10433 1 year ago
Quoted from membername:

Hi all, Jason (metal-mods) made this cool design for the pop bumper, what color do you think would look the best? I put in the top design, but I like the other design as well. Video with the purple installed, looks pretty nice!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Alright, - just tell me where to send the money metal-mods

I do like the purple myself. and the "top" design (the center radiation symbol on that one almost looks like a Sp00ky ghost head when the colors are changing in the video).. A++

#10458 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

This board? Also, we were able to update the software. That was the only time it didnt boot loop was while it was on the "installing update" screen.

FOLLOWING:

It's hard to tell from your pics. Are the only LEDS not working - controlled by the #2 board? - or are other LED's not working on the right hand side.

PD-LED_matrix (resized).jpgPD-LED_matrix (resized).jpgTNA-LED-BOARDS_Spooky (2) (resized).jpgTNA-LED-BOARDS_Spooky (2) (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SWITCH-LED-COMS (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SWITCH-LED-COMS (resized).jpg
#10459 1 year ago

If it says Hardware Error the P3-ROC is probably dead that is connected via USB. Before replacing that you need to be sure there is a solid 5v and ground on the input voltage of the board.
--Scott

Quoted from tectonyc:

Tech spent about 3 hours trying to diagnose and fix the game but no success. We replaced the driver board and filter board as Spooky suggested. Voltages all look fine. All the boards seem fine and have indicator LEDs on and not melty, but the game boot loops and tells us "hard ware failure, check that all boards have power and USB is connected". The LEDs on the right side of the playfield are all off (LED board 2 according to the manual, but all LED boards have indicator lights on, cables are all seated well). The score display only lights up player 2.
Thinking this is a return to sender situation. I've given it hours and hours of time over the past two months.

When you boot up the system - do you see the score display board light up all the player fields during boot? or is player 2 the only one that stays lit during boot?

#10471 1 year ago

http://shop.spookypinball.com/playfields-c8.php

Scratch and dent playfields.. TNA, Sc00by..etc

1 week later
#10516 1 year ago
Quoted from MattW123456:

I think you are correct about the size of the box.
I had a decent amount of vibration coming from the screen, and decided to just pull the screen and seal the ports.
After yanking the screen, I put a small 45 degree chamfer on the top of the speaker cutout. (I don’t think it would be an issue, but didn’t want the speaker foam rubbing.) I cut out a piece of MDF and used that to cover the ports. (Caulk and a couple wood screws.)
Sealed the box and reinstalled.
To my ears in my room, the bass sounds much cleaner and there is no rattle. Followed Scott’s instructions. Wasn’t sure how the amp would do powering the closed box but so far so good.
Now if I could just get audio out of the left channel…
[quoted image]

Sweet.!. L00ks good too.!

Thanks for posting - I was curious how the stock 10"ish speaker would react. The specs I could find on the stock speaker looked like it should be sealed and an 8" ideally for the box size. I'm sure the frequency/tone changed by sealing it = but for the better (IMHO). I never got around to installing any deadener/sound redirect inside the box = as I am totally happy with the bass now and having no cone rattle.

The coinbox rattle is gone now (since I mounted my amp there). The actual base of the cabinet also introduced a little noise - but adding the leather strip and mounting the new power supply took care of that. The oem 12v/5v power supply also has it's own little noise - but I reduced that by putting a little felt in between it and the bottom of the cabinet.

Not getting sound from the left side on yours? Check the obvious wires at the amp/spring loaded clamps - but also check and reseat the 3.5mm cable at the LCD screen/output (early on mine was not seated properly and was getting a little noise from it).

I put together a longer video of what all I did if anyone is bored . You cant really hear the bass on a cellphone.

FYI: for anyone going down the route of sealing it up - If you have 2 caulking guns - double check what you got in there.. LOL.. I don't think my chamber box will ever come off again.

#10517 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Can anyone tell me how this is supposed to wire up from the factory? I was trying to install an electronic card reader with a local op, and now the service menu buttons aren't working. Just trying to get it back to square one for now.
Specifically where the black and yellow wire to. I know where the purple goes. Thanks for the help!
[quoted image]

I uploaded alot of pics and schematics. Check em' out if you need another view..

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ObqfQeHLuyJLEe5PYVtv4vZuhRNixfBE?usp=share_link

overview (resized).jpgoverview (resized).jpg
#10522 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm replacing the upper left flipper coil. Should it have diodes on it?
My lower left flipper has two diodes. My lower right has one. The upper left had zero but both lugs had broken off and this is a game I bought used, so I don't know what it was originally.

You may want to post a few pics to the fella's = something might stand out as being "off"..

But my TNA CE has diodes on all the flipper coils.

If you need more overall pics - go here = https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bQAhD410p-bdLgKuactArU3Ui6IX25Fa?usp=share_link
COILS (10) (resized).jpgCOILS (10) (resized).jpgCOILS (5a) (resized).jpgCOILS (5a) (resized).jpgCOILS_MAIN-FLIPPERS (resized).jpgCOILS_MAIN-FLIPPERS (resized).jpgCOILS_UPPER-LH_FLIPPER (resized).jpgCOILS_UPPER-LH_FLIPPER (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#10630 1 year ago
Quoted from thomas49:

Hello

Good evening
Do you have a reference to the app and speakers?
Thank you

For info on the parts I used to "upgrade", go here and they are listed there =

(other info/reference material)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoDwx_jIFCa6kT8_assE5CxZD6us?e=bz65H2

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ObqfQeHLuyJLEe5PYVtv4vZuhRNixfBE?usp=sharing

#10632 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Is the right orbit supposed to return to the pop bumper or the right flipper?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/207#post-7368107

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10637 1 year ago

Did TNA ever have a 12" speaker? - or is ipdb wrong?

#10638 1 year ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

Hey folks, I've officially joined the club with TNA CE #196!

* On the right orbit, the ball occasionally gets trapped by the rollover wire switch at low speeds. I can easily reproduce the problem by placing the ball on the rollover with the glass off. The left orbit rollover does not have this issue and the ball never gets stuck. I've been playing with the tilt bob removed so I can nudge the table to release the ball without tilting, but that's just a workaround to avoid removing the glass. I assume this is something I can fix by adjusting the switch, but I don't know what needs adjusting or fixing: alignment with the slot in the play field, bending the wire itself, a faulty switch entirely?
Scott and Spooky have created something really special with TNA and I'm lucky to have one at home. Thanks all for the help!

Mine was hanging up on the loweer inlane/outlane roller over switches because the ball would wedge between a post/bumper and the metal wire itself due to mis-alignment & wire height - I believe. I tinkered with trying to cut/bend the wire (-they are strong!). But all I had to do was loosen the screws on the bottom of the playfield and I could twist the switch/wire to align better within the "lane" and playfield slot.

On mine, the ball will hang-up on the RH Orbit rollover switch if it is moving slowly. I haven't tried to adjust this one yet - but may try a spacer suggested by another pinsider'. = https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0211-00&Category_Code=

#10662 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

Ok, I tightened two of the screws, but... um... Are there supposed to be screws here?? I see two holes in the plate but no holes in the wood and no screws there.[quoted image]
The whole thing also looks misaligned as well -- the plate is not lined up with the wood. How do you fix that??
I don't know if it's the misalignment, but the whole mechanism seems very loose. Here is another video showing just how loose the whole mechanism is.
Max

Here is a look at mine. No screws in that plate either. Mine is a super sloppy fit - due impart to the bushings being split. But it appears others are not really a tight fit either. (not sure, maybe this is intentional.)

So far mine is shooting pretty straight up the ramp. It appears that the "fork" is off-set and just one "branch" is hitting the ball first. Doesn't appear to be much adjusting that you can do - the pin, E-clip and the edge of the plastic bushing prevent most of the Left/Right adjustment that would be required.

Not sure if there is enough slop between the playfield screws and the metal holes to allow any tweaking of the whole asembly.

If I start to have an issue - maybe I'll slot the metal bracket holes a little and make some better bushings for the pin area.

short clip of mine operating =

AUTO-LAUNCHER (1) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (1) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (2) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (2) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (3) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (3) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (4) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (4) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (5) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (5) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER1 (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER1 (resized).jpg
#10666 1 year ago

On the topic of parts - I have started my collection of spare/back up parts for various reasons. One of which is availability in the future (PBL has been a goto site - but even they couldn't get me a driver board and these 2 little custom "interconnect" boards - and Sp00ky is all about Sc00by so my requests are low on their list of things to do).

Finding part numbers to properly catalog - is an ongoing challenge. Sp00ky's "support" page has some info on other models - but it seems like they have less for the TNA. Kinda rude.. LOL..

..Thought I would share my current list as .jpg for anyone interested in a quick reference.

You can also go here for the complete info = https://1drv.ms/o/s!AoDwx_jIFCa6kUf7FehU33ymlQPj?e=A5Qyhy

If anyone has more info to add - please post it!.. everything helps!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#10684 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

The website tnapinball.com which redirects to scottdanesi.com has documentation and parts information, since Scott designed the game and Spooky just built it.
And if you don’t see it there, use the contact me link and Scott will reply.

Trust me - Iv'e spent hours researching both sites. Scott is awesome, extremely helpful and usually replies within hours. AJ at Sp00ky is generally nice to talk to.

I bought mine from Sp00ky and since I'm a n00b3 to pinball, I guess maybe naively expected them to be the portal to support it properly - not Scott or the other individuals involved in its creation.

Scott's site has the best info and Sp00ky has a "manual" - but theres no "One Stop Shop" for me. I created the parts list/schematics to help support this awesome game and save others time. Once you dig into it you may see some real common parts used by other manufacturers - and some custom parts. I am amazed to learn at how much Scott has really designed himself and all his other creations.

Back to the point of parts. How fast do you need answers and replacement parts. Are you a home user or someone trying to make a living off these machines. If the Greys come and take the designer back to their home planet, the government flags TNA internet searches due to possible terrorist activity or Spooky closes up shop = Who Ya Gonna Call..?.. (sorry, lol)..

Some background on my journey. Probably one of my latest and stupidest quests was getting info about the RED rotating beacon topper (I must have OCD). Spent hours/days trying to find information about this online. Sp00ky doesn't really give out part numbers - I asked several times for it. Their receipts will not really show anything useful in terms of cataloging the information.. (I get that possibly they want to keep info secret, don't have man power to handle these cry-baby requests or maybe have other future intentions). Anyhoo - Several weeks in trying - and I finally got a spare beacon from Spooky. .. Moving on...

Try and find the exact Red Beacon Topper replacement = when Spooky wont reply, can't be found on PBL, Marco doesn't list it, theres no discerning manufacturer markings on the device and other sites dont even have a "Spooky" subcategory... I'll wait... ..Standing by...

There is a CRAP-TON that you will find doing internet searches - but trying to find the exact one was a biatch'... Thankfully, for some reason - I did a search using the name I seen on the coindoor - of all places. Right near the coin slot it said "Suzo Happ".. Who would have thought.!!.. I had never heard or seen anything about this company in all my internet searches.. But sure enough there it was... https://na.suzohapp.com/products/accessories/95-0115-10I

Think everything else will be easy to find?. Surely Stern/Williams would have used it before? = try finding a replacement or information about the 2 little "daughter" boards that attach to the lower PD-16 Driver Board... again, I'll wait.. ..
PBL = these guys are awesome. However they currently cannot supply it.
Sp00ky = 2.5 weeks and still waiting for an invoice..
Scott = don't want to bother him. Not an urgent need. I have nothing but time and could probably e-mail Scott daily asking about parts - but I realize that he has a life and is working on bigger projects.

(..just a side note.. I maintain/add parts and assemblies on an automotive based web site as well as maintain a separate internal database with BOM and cross-reference info for the local store front-and so-on,etc... Trying to catalog TNA is just me having fun.. Cant play pinball all the time - lol. keep tinkering and maybe I'll come up with a complete manual in a single .pdf file thats worthy of Scotts website someday..)

#10685 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Hi there , i haven't gone through this entire thread, only a few pages, so of course on the first one, I will answer a question about scott, "yes scott is a genius" this game gives me incredible sensations and when he leaves my home, I would be very sad.
I am not the owner of the game, it was lent to me for a while so that I could make some modifications.
mainly the sides rails.
the game was equipped with light strips found at Hooked on pinball, lighting not very powerful and animation not terrible.
we have designed a program in interaction with the game.
on ignition, small sequence, a kind of neutron simulation revolving around the uranium element which ends up meeting it and causing fission, then, when the reactor is overloaded, the sides turn green in pulsation mode, each mounted by temperature sends information that changes to red, and when the reactor is destroyed, explosion in red then the status goes back to purple in pulsation.
this mod is not plug and play, you have to dig the cabinet, there is a good day's work, the longest being to unplug and locate all the connectors
I made a short video of the installation., it's in french but easy to understand the process

OMG.!!

When I heard and seen the power tool - I knew it was getting serious.. I was scared for a minute. lol

Great job. Awesome modification.

#10686 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

As others have said, that part of the plate on mine doesn’t have screws or holes in the playfield to accept screws. The only issue with mine was one of the two pins where the metal e-clips fits was loose. Both pins should be tight, otherwise there will be too much sideways movement. The new one Spooky sent and I installed is working great.

..just curious = is it still kinda sloppy in nature where the pin and plastic bushings meet? not really the pin in and out motion - but twisting motion. my plastic bushings seem a little too - big if not intentional.

If you get bored - maybe post a video?. Curious to see

#10690 1 year ago

I am truly thankful for all you’ve done putting this together, the pinball companies should hire you as by far the most comprehensive collection of support for this machine.
Thank you

..That would be cool.!.. I could work remotely from home = all they have to do is send me each new model so I can trace all the wiring.. lol ( I wouldn't mind starting with a Sp00ky Doo, if anyones listening.. Haha..)

-happy to contribute,

#10691 1 year ago

..got off the schematics for a minute and was testing the waters to see what a "Parts Listing" one might look like. Little different and hardly any info.. Might make the manual a little thicker anyways

..will update/correct as I learn more.. As always "Use With Caution"..

TNA_CE-BACKBOX-EXTERNAL (resized).jpgTNA_CE-BACKBOX-EXTERNAL (resized).jpgTNA_CE-BACKBOX-INTERNAL (resized).jpgTNA_CE-BACKBOX-INTERNAL (resized).jpg
#10704 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

What screws are used to remove that red cover on the beacon? I can't tell what those are

T-10, "Security bit" with the dimple in the center

https://1drv.ms/o/s!AoDwx_jIFCa6kUf7FehU33ymlQPj?e=ujAgOz

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10707 1 year ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

No, it seems to be regarding multi ball start only. Very odd. :-/
I can try to film it if someone would like to check it out.

> Definitely post a video if you get a chance.

..just curious - are you running the new beta code - or still stock from Sp00ky?

#10716 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

..got off the schematics for a minute and was testing the waters to see what a "Parts Listing" one might look like. Little different and hardly any info.. Might make the manual a little thicker anyways
..will update/correct as I learn more.. As always "Use With Caution".. [quoted image][quoted image]

..for anyone keeping a manual. I added 2 new ones and changed one slightly.
(not the best - but its a start )
TNA_CE-BACKBOX-EXTERNAL (resized).jpgTNA_CE-BACKBOX-EXTERNAL (resized).jpg

TNA_CE-Cabinet-EXT-Dimensions-Side (resized).jpgTNA_CE-Cabinet-EXT-Dimensions-Side (resized).jpgTNA_CE-Cabinet-EXT-Dimensions-Front (resized).jpgTNA_CE-Cabinet-EXT-Dimensions-Front (resized).jpg
#10720 1 year ago

Thanks, I believe that turned out to be right. I did a drop target test cycle and it gave errors on the first one each time.
Can you, or anyone else, confirm this is the proper switch?
https://www.pinballlife.com/microswitch-with-diode.html

..curious to know what switch as well. Pinball Life consistently replies to my e-mails - so, I would send them an e-mail and see what they advise. Their site is pretty good - but the TNA section could use some more work.

I haven't had to dissect that mechanism yet - and hope to never have to. Looks like alot going on there

https://www.pinballlife.com/1225-switch-assembly-for-1-bank-drop-targets.html = has a spooky reference# at the bottom. I am not sure if "ours" uses the 1.225" metal piece or not.?

Please post pics of your old one - just curious what, if any metal wire/actuator it has. If you get a complete unit - share the part# please

..there are just so many choices.. https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-sub-microswitch-5647-12693.html = no diode, no actuator

drop_bank (4a) (resized).jpgdrop_bank (4a) (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10721 1 year ago

Thanks, I believe that turned out to be right. I did a drop target test cycle and it gave errors on the first one each time.
Can you, or anyone else, confirm this is the proper switch?
https://www.pinballlife.com/microswitch-with-diode.html

..just found this

Your switch is probably flaky, you may want to replace the switch body.
It is a DB5.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-sub-microswitch-5647-12693.html
You can also replace the whole thing here:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1225-switch-assembly-for-1-bank-drop-targets.html
--Scott

#10748 1 year ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

namyzzo I purchased the switch spacers you recommended and installed one in every rollover switch in my TNA CE. They work as advertised, no more ball getting trapped behind the right orbit rollover

Sweet!..

I had a few delivered the other day - but have not installed yet. Just curious - did you feel like the screws were still ok "length wise"? I wasn't sure if that would be an issue..

#10780 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Okay I totally misread your number. This is good!! Plenty of time to save my pennies for Scoob! A new TNA is getting more tempting by the minute.
How is the wiring on the CE’s? Did they clean it up a bit? On the originals it just seemed like a bit of a mess under there, and maybe there wasn’t a good way to loom things together like other games. Lots of wires crossing over other wires and whatnot.

One Pinsider' said it looked like Spaghetti Soup - and I would have to agree.
At first glance it is overwhelming. Take a step back - and you can see it looks like that group of assemblers really cared. Almost an art form in itself..

Really the playfield and backbox wiring looks pretty good. I don't know how it could have been routed any better - since they pack so much in such a little space. They are using some wire guides, screw down clamps in the cabinet and PLENTY of plastic zip-ties (maybe a few too many - some things are a little tight and with a little more slack it could be helpful when tinkering. But no complaints..)

I believe? some of the various connectors in certain areas have improved compared to the first models? so A++ for that.. (but I haven't actually set my own eyes on an earlier version).

(however, my machine had a bad crimp job in the AC service receptacle inside the cabinet. Wire completely came out. If the enclosure box was metal - it would have shorted out!)
overview (resized).jpgoverview (resized).jpgoverview2 (resized).jpgoverview2 (resized).jpg

#10781 1 year ago

..so when I see some say "the parts are the same between the first gen and the CE" - I like to keep an eye open for the differences and take note.

Here is another one. It may seem little - but this one just popped into my head when I just seen the Pinside ads for TNA parts at the bottom of the pages.

Totally different coin door. Whoah..

1stgen (resized).jpg1stgen (resized).jpgCE (resized).jpgCE (resized).jpg
#10791 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Something that bothers me that Spooky does with wiring is use the same 5 ribbon cable when they only need 3 wires, and then they just cut the 2 excess ones at the end of the run. I get the cost savings reason to do it, but when I first got under the PF on mine, I thought there was a bunch of broken cables.

Yah - I did a double look when I first seen that too..

#10792 1 year ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

The second coin door was an option during the original run to allow operators to install bill acceptors.

ahh, I see..

Thanks for the heads-up.

#10793 1 year ago

Tomorrow - I will be posting items on 3-Bay for sale. The kit includes all fastening hardware, 2 additional coil assemblies and a custom ABS plastic ramp. The plastic ramp will basically fit near and above the core area and extends to each side mating to the Left and Right orbits. The gates will initiate differently depending on the current mode of the games (First launch, Ball Save...etc)

It should be super fun.

Also included is a hacked copy of Scott's existing software which will compensate for the new ramp assembly. Limited knowledge of DOS operating systems is required (but I can help for those unsure of how DOS works).

Limited supply run - for those interested. I may do more if enough people show interest.

#10797 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Tomorrow - I will be posting items on 3-Bay for sale. The kit includes all fastening hardware, 2 additional coil assemblies and a custom ABS plastic ramp. The plastic ramp will basically fit near and above the core area and extends to each side mating to the Left and Right orbits. The gates will initiate differently depending on the current mode of the games (First launch, Ball Save...etc)
It should be super fun.
Also included is a hacked copy of Scott's existing software which will compensate for the new ramp assembly. Limited knowledge of DOS operating systems is required (but I can help for those unsure of how DOS works).
Limited supply run - for those interested. I may do more if enough people show interest.

... guys - I just cant take it.. Thought I could wait until tomorrow..

..and I don't want Scott to stroke out thinking - "Great, ! someone is changing my design again"

Just thinking about ramps on a TNA can get you banned..

What is tomorrows date?

#10828 1 year ago

I have a TNA 2.0 on temporary location. The staff at the place just told me all the coils are dead below the upper flipper.
Any ideas where to start looking? I'm newish to this game and don't know where any fuses are. I can't make it over until tomorrow to check it out so I'm hoping to save time is anyone has experienced the same issue.
Thanks in advance!

Until you see what error messages might be displayed - here are a few pics to get a heads up..

(I had a bad solder joint at the power filter board on a 12v lead - so just a thought)

Looks like the orange wires go to the lower coils. Check the grey data/com wire, fuse and orange connections on the top right hand side of the upper PD-16 driver board. See if you are getting 48v on that side..etc..

..just a thought.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10839 1 year ago

Thanks for your help!
So it's definitely the upper board right side fuse that blew. This corresponds to coils 1-6. I checked all solder joints at these coils and everything looks good.
How did you isolate the power filter board issue?
Something that caught my eye was the left flipper diode arrangement looks different than the right. I assume it shouldn't matter much but I'm grasping at straws here.[quoted image][quoted image]

I just mentioned the Power Filter Board in case you didn't have 48v coming upto the PD-16 (my issue was a bad solder joint on a 12v connection that fed the .25c lights in the coindoor).

Sounds like your on the right track. Check all the Orange-Yellow wires on that side and follow them down to the playfield..etc.

Fuse: = Might try your local Graingers, Kendall Electric..etc and see if they have any slow blow.

Scott can give you the truth when it comes to the diodes. From what Iv'e gathered - the PD-16 has onboard SMD "diodes" that protect each channel, so supposedly you don't need any "external" / remote diodes. The ones on the coils look beefier so I personally would try and leave them on if they are installed properly. Cant hurt right? - I guess, until one fails that is

Not sure why yours was installed in such a manner - it should be on the other side. Maybe something happened to it during soldering at Sp00ky and it was easier to fix from the other side..??maybe??. It appears to be installed in the correct orientation.

I included a few coil pics from my CE machine and pic of new spare coils I got from Pinball Life (for reference).
20221212_214127 (resized).jpg20221212_214127 (resized).jpgBOARD_DRIVER-BOARD_PD16 (4) (resized).jpgBOARD_DRIVER-BOARD_PD16 (4) (resized).jpgCOILS (5a) (resized).jpgCOILS (5a) (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

fuse (resized).jpgfuse (resized).jpg
#10850 1 year ago
Quoted from LIONwoMAN:

Hi there, MasterBlaster! Funny you should bring this up. Scott and I (Sara Rose) initially created enough of a plot to get the game going. Over the past year, I have been working on expanding the story into a full book. It's exciting to hear that you are curious about the backstory

Quoted from LIONwoMAN:

Awesome! This is great motivation for me to keep writing !

#10861 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I’m sorry, but where and the hell can I buy this pad/cover???!!!! I’ve been trying to figure out some type of wall art (besides the TNA playfield) and I’d like to have a TNA banner like I have for my sterns, id gladly try and make this work somehow lol
[quoted image]

..That one looks pretty good.. Let me know if you find any.

I seen another style on 3bay - the cover looks really pixelated in the photo.
ebay.com link: usr

#10879 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

The guys name on Facebook is beach beach, and doesn’t speak English. But basically said he has them made, and to buy one, plus have it shipped to United States it’s 130 euros ($141)….

The Sc00by towel idea is kinda neat.

I don't know why Sp00ky doesn't up their game - and offer goodies like these on their website.
..and spare parts, and a simple Rubber replacement kits ready to go for TNA and models that THEY sell.!! (sorry, I hadn't beaten that "Dead Horse" in awhile.. ).. GRRrrr..

Maybe its a "rights" thing with the image and Scott/Matt Andrews/Spooky.? = but I'm ready to throw money at a cool cover should they decide to offer some "Licensed" products

Looks like you can take images to Walmart on other online places and have them put it on a towel or whatever - but a little shady (illegal?) taking his drawing/artwork and doing it. Would prefer my $$ go to the rightful guys and "Sport - Out" my TNA in the process..

Offering wise = A soft fiber towel like static free cover for us poor folk, a next level offering more of a padded glass protector, and..???

(I kinda want an easy on/off cover just for the bottom cabinet. Iv'e seen the 3bay generic black covers with magnets to secure them..etc - just not sure if I am sold on one of those)

(..just some pics for the idea. Maybe a package deal with her book.?..)

HHH (resized).jpgHHH (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10892 1 year ago

<delete>

#10895 12 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Can someone please shoot me a pic of the upper left flipper from under the playfield?
I had a wire break off that coil and noticed a second wire that appeared clipped & going nowhere, so I’m wondering if one of the 3 legs on that coil is supposed to have 2 wires going to it?
Thanks for any help!

Had to post here. I cant send via pm

20221212_215018 (resized).jpg20221212_215018 (resized).jpg20221212_213923 (resized).jpg20221212_213923 (resized).jpg
#10897 12 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Installed speaker light kit today and noticed my gates up top aren't functioning now. What did I screw up?

,,just being curious.. Can you share a pic of the adapter kit and you wiring harness type going to it.?

Iv'e been trying to get spares of those boards - but I think Sp00ky black listed me.. LOL.. I don't want to mess around with mine just incase I break something. The board looks a little tweaked on mine - like the connectors are too big to sit "normally". Maybe one of your wires had a bad crimp? or the interface board has issues? (I think it's the pink ones? - but don't quote me on that)

Reseat? or remove interface and see if the gates work again..? - maybe something to try..

(2 pics and a schematic of my CE setup, and one pic from someones elses install/post)

BACKBOARD6 (7) (resized).jpgBACKBOARD6 (7) (resized).jpgBACKBOARD77 (36) (resized).jpgBACKBOARD77 (36) (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10933 11 months ago

Ahh, I see.. Thanks for posting - I was wondering if it was the same..

So, have you discovered what the issue is?

#10939 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

I’m noticing after heavy playing if you go i to jukebox mode, (which my daughter loves), the lighting sequence slows down to a crawl. Also the computer gets extremely hot. Only after playing or leaving the machine on for a while is this an issue. Anyone else notice this? Any solutions to cool the computer better?

I haven't personally tried/installed = but heres one they show for the Aeeon / "UP-Board" models.

https://up-shop.org/active-cooler-fan-for-the-up-board-and-up-core-board.html

#10946 11 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

CE is boxed and leaving Spooky today! Yippy Skippy!!
Will I want to do the mod to seal the sub box, or is that something they do at the factory now?

There's a post of my "upgrading" journey on here. But, if I can pass one thing along it is this - if you ever want to remove the box = Dont use Liquid Nails brand white colored bathtub caulking by mistake -

There is not enough room to swing a sledgehammer in there

#10949 11 months ago

I used weatherstripping instead of glue or caulk. It seems to make a sufficient seal and the box will come out if ever needed.

Good idea!

Less messy and no sledgehammer required

#10966 11 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey there. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on getting this great game. My only worry is size. Height, specifically. I have room but I'm worried it may be too high because of the light on top. Does anyone know the height from the top of that light to the floor?
Hope someone can help. TIA

These measurements are "close".. Tried to measure by myself

TNA_CE-Cabinet-EXT-Dimensions-Front (resized).jpgTNA_CE-Cabinet-EXT-Dimensions-Front (resized).jpgTNA_CE-Cabinet-EXT-Dimensions-Side (resized).jpgTNA_CE-Cabinet-EXT-Dimensions-Side (resized).jpg
#10982 11 months ago
Quoted from Wheelzzz:

Anyone know where I can get some info on the UP-Core (I think UP-CH01?). My game won't boot, and I've done the regular things. Reset PC (white button), tried HDMI cable replacement, etc. Spooky thought it might be the CPU, so I am trying to get info to help verify that before I order that board from Spooky without poking around a bit more. Thanks.

Curious - what are your symptoms?

(a brief boot screen may show some info - I had to use my cell camera to record it and pause/play to see what it says)

I'm not sure which one you have - but my TNA CE came with the Aaeon or UP-Board model UP-CHT01-A20-0432-B10.

I ordered a spare from Sp00ky. Connected it to a monitor like a normal PC setup and it booted to a screen that wanted a password which was blank. Hit enter and it took me into the BIOS. The BIOS didn't appear to show the ON-Board memory. Trying to find a bootable media supporting UEFI (Linux, Windows..etc) = was a pita. Windows 10 IOT Core, Clonezilla and a certain version of Linux would eventually boot via USB and let me see a little more.

Clonezilla would see the onboard eMMC = which appeared blank. (if I thought I wouldn't mess up my working machine - I might have "tried" to clone the eMMC from it to the new non-booting Up-Board "SBC" and see what happened.)

I am not sure if Sp00ky sent me a machine that hadn't been flashed/cloned, had defective eMMC or my Windows 3.11 skills are just not enough LOL...

I spent a little time with my working machine - hooking up a network cable to it and doing some Nmap/Zenamp via windows and some scans using Kali = but ran out of steam and time on that..

(side note: on my working machine = the USB cable leading to the coindoor area would only allow me to save the data from the CPU. To flash the SBC with the newest code - I had to plug my USB stick into a free port on the computer itself)..for whats its worth...

These boards can be "locked down" to help prevent tinkering - so your Kung Fu must be strong. Mine is not

Scott has the answers.

If you want to play pinball and you do all the troubleshooting to lead you to decide it being bad - just get a new one from Sp00ky that is pre-loaded.

Hopefully you can get them to forget about Sp00ky D00 long enough to send you one. My ordeal of getting a working spare started in mid-December. Eventually got one in early February - but had issues. To save time I called and just wanted to purchase another one. Promises of an invoice never came. Emails, phone calls were either answered politely or never answered. Eventually late April - I just decided to send my "new" one back via USPS signature required to attention of Charlie Emery with an enclosed "happy note".. 5-5-2023 I received an E-mail with tracking information of a replacement being sent. (Sp00ky should get these to Pinball Life, Pre-loaded and ready for sale. Pinball Life doesn't leave you hanging for weeks on end. imho)

If you want to go down the Rabbit hole = here are a few links.

https://up-shop.org/up-board-series.html

https://up-shop.org/active-cooler-fan-for-the-up-board-and-up-core-board.html

https://www.aaeon.com/en/p/up-board-computer-board-for-professional-makers

https://skeletongame.com/skeletongame-powered-projects/
bootup_screen (resized).jpgbootup_screen (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10983 11 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Had some people over last night and someone fired up a 4 Player game on my TNA.
At Player 4, the Machine lost track of scoring - P3 was flashing, but screen said P4. No Scoring, though. Machine never caught up after that. No scoring at all.
Power cycled and now the game will not stop booting.
Ideas?

Scott will have the answer.

me just being curious - are you running the newest code already? Had the game been on for a long time / heated up? Any weird boot error messages?

The scoring tweak-out is an interesting issue.

(Past forum posts with boot-loop issues seem to start with "running the newest code" and check your opto's.) I seen a few weird boot-loops on mine throughout my days of owning one. Lifting the playfield and letting the balls fall inside the trough confused the system for a minute. Ball searching/ejecting and 2 boot-loops and the issued cleared up. Also one time - I think there was a piece of wire/solder shorting out between the 2 contacts on one of the lock target opto's. I removed that short and no issues since.

#10990 11 months ago
Quoted from Wheelzzz:

namyzzo Thanks for the reply. It was full of good info.
Symptoms...it won't boot. Brief video (just power up), then goes to sleep cuz no input. Tried multiple hdmi. Hit the computer power button...but I always had blue from the get go.
It looks like the CMOS battery died. Got new batteries. I also believe now it's the cpu. I was gonna ping Scott after getting my head filled with info, so I could speak with him on an educated level.
I think it's around $150 to get the replacement? Wonder if that's empty or with preloaded coded...

Back in February I paid $150. It was supposed to be loaded up with TNA. (I don't know if any of their other games use this same computer or not). But it can't hurt to remind them to please load/test with TNA before shipping. - you can't load it up on your own afterwards,, you can only update it = Sp00ky has the secret ingredient to make it work. So, even if you buy the SBC from somewhere else = you will have to send it to Sp00ky to be loaded. (I haven't found any other way as of yet. There is talk of being able to "Clonezilla" a working SBC onto a replacement - but no idea about a TNA configured SBC..).

I think once the SBC is on/booted - you have to hold for a few seconds and then it will shut-off. A brief hit of the button should turn it back on.

"tried multiple hdmi"? = like did you try hooking an external computer monitor/TV to the 1 HDMI port on the Up-Board, or?. (this might show you the BIOS screen at least.. If it did show a BIOS screen - I am not even sure what you could do from there. If the battery went dead, did it wipe out the "boot" order in the BIOS?.. I'm not sure thats even a thing with this - but curious to know..). I think if the system is configured correctly - you wouldn't even be able to get into the BIOS. Everything would be secured and locked up tight - which is one of the purposes of using these SBC's and using for IOT type applications.
(There does not seem to be any newer BIOS update available - but I probably would NOT EVEN chance it, even if there was one.)

curious - where did you get a new battery / wire harness from?

Here is a few boot screens of the Up-Board "SBC" that wouldn't boot when I got it AND after tinkering with Ubuntu to test the onboard storage / eMMC. I just think they forgot to load it up. AJ did say if the battery went dead for some reason = it could cause the issue I was having..

Caution - I have less than no idea what I am doing. So, I wouldn't suggest tinkering on a working system LOL..

Scott is the man - check with him for sure!

BIOS_1 (resized).jpgBIOS_1 (resized).jpgBIOS_2 (resized).jpgBIOS_2 (resized).jpgBIOS_3 (resized).jpgBIOS_3 (resized).jpgBIOS_4 (resized).jpgBIOS_4 (resized).jpg

#10991 11 months ago

Hmm, that is pretty odd. If you get a new PC, you will need to get it from Spooky as they will need to image it for you. We currently do not have an image that is safe to distribute, but it is on my list.
Thanks,
--Scott

#11003 11 months ago
Quoted from somenerd:

Hey all, just curious if anyone out there has come across a rubber ring diagram? I know the operations manual lists a count of each band and their sizes, but nothing I've come across indicating where each is specifically located.
After 250 plays I've got a couple bands on the way out; one looking ready to snap at any given moment. Looking to replace just those couple bands and it'd be cool to know which lengths are needed without having to disassemble and break out the ruler...
(pics for reference)

That is a great idea. I will try and make a page in my manual to address this.!

I haven't had to change mine yet - so I am not much help

Scott probably knows

(one of your rubbers is wearing just like mine - I wonder if that metal guide is flexing and causing that big gouge/tear - or done at factory)..weird..

There is a discrepancy between Sp00ky's manual and what Scott shows for the bumper post rings. I am not sure if a part change happened or it's just a misprint. But the first entry says 3/8" on Sp00ky's and 3/16" on Scotts. I "think" Sp00ky's 3/8" is correct for my TNA CE.

Since Sp00ky doesn't offer a kit - I went down the rabbit hole and found a few options if interested. With the PBL kit = you still need to add a few colored rubbers..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11004 11 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

I haven’t looked yet, but usually the size of the band is molded into the band itself.

I noticed that as well when I was going through the "125" kit. But there were a few that didn't have an imprint/size

..just a "PL" imprinted on it.

#11007 11 months ago
Quoted from somenerd:

Hey all, just curious if anyone out there has come across a rubber ring diagram? I know the operations manual lists a count of each band and their sizes, but nothing I've come across indicating where each is specifically located.
After 250 plays I've got a couple bands on the way out; one looking ready to snap at any given moment. Looking to replace just those couple bands and it'd be cool to know which lengths are needed without having to disassemble and break out the ruler...
(pics for reference)

I gave it my best shot.

(and in my other post - I was wrong.. Scotts info is correct = 3/16"id are used on the core lane guide/bumper posts. Sp00ky's is wrong - unless there was a parts change at some point. 3/8"id are too loose)

..since you are looking into replacements - if you or anyone see any errors or better information = please let me know

(as always = USE WITH CAUTION)

TNA_CE-RUBBERS-LOCATION (resized).jpgTNA_CE-RUBBERS-LOCATION (resized).jpg
#11009 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

So i finally received the cooler today and installed it and omg what a difference!! All components are cool to the touch now and no slowdowns. Great suggestion! Definitely worth the cost. Thanks again
Oh and the fan is completely silent so no added noise.

Sweet!..

Guess I know what my next purchase is going to be..

Where did you end up ordering one from?

#11032 11 months ago
Quoted from somenerd:

This is amazing. Thank you SO much! I feel like I oughta buy you a six pack or a burrito or something for your effort...

It's all good.. Just hope it helps

1 week later
#11080 11 months ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I'm considering joining Team TNA. Do you think I'm better off going new (with a months-long wait apparently), or a used one (HUO) available now but priced almost the same.
The wait is not an issue. More that I wonder if I'm safer with the used one that should be good to go, rather than the need to dial in a new one.

My CE issues: Speaker/backbox door wont open/close easily - it hangs up. Overtightened screw in the "core" lane guide (longer screw fixed this). Broken wire/solder joint on coindoor lights (resoldered). Cold solder joint on power distribution board. Improper crimp / no crimp on the 120vac line inside the outlet service box.

However, I think I would prefer the new machine over the OG. OG "seemed" to use different wire crimp/connectors which "they" advise to replace with the CE styles. The SBC computer wont have all the hours on it. Warranty. You get the powder coated goodies (which, when I go to the pinball place to play the old TNA = it just seems like a "clunker" now)

either way = get one.!!

1 week later
#11109 10 months ago
Quoted from Wheelzzz:

UPDATE on CPU from Spooky. Long story short...TNA (OG) won't boot. Tried all the steps others were having with same symptoms. Last thing I have done...purchased a CPU from Spooky. Didn't fix the boot problem.
I'm out of ideas on what to do to get this thing going. Anyone?

..just curious - any updates to share?

1 week later
#11114 10 months ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

Hi,
I have posted elsewhere unknown and been directed here
New owner recently purchased 2.0 #206
Had the game for a few weeks, been playing almost every day and multiplayer at weekends mainly
Today playing 2 player and the game just went off halfway through
After some investigation work i found the 5/12v dc PSU at the bottom
rear left of the machine to have developed a fault
Before i replace this £25 unit i wanted to ask if anyone here would know what could have caused this to happen and if they know what had failed on the PSU
Just inside from where the main power input is ( 230v ) there is a component that has blown
thanks in advance [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

..I didn't think these had "normal" fuses - but rather some other form of "HICCUP" protection. it appears it is possibly a self resetting type "MEF" fuse. (you can't see the board probably due to the smoke/heat damage = but the board itself says "F4AL / 250V". https://www.yoycart.com/Product/543633882230/

As to why - Scott probably has some better answers for you

Loose metal something somewhere fall onto something, failing power supply. Distribution board shorted somewhere..?.. Nuclear meltdown..

Probably should trace the wires to the distribution board and check it out first. Make sure nothing is smoked there - and double check that no loose screw or assembly debris fell on top/below the distribution board. If all looks good do a quick spot check of the 12V & 5v wires leading out of it and to their final destination board/component. Replace the psu and retest..

Please let us know how it goes.

20230611_090634 (resized).jpg20230611_090634 (resized).jpg20230611_090736 (resized).jpg20230611_090736 (resized).jpg20230611_090801 (resized).jpg20230611_090801 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11118 10 months ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

There is more than the fuse that has been affected but it’s a bit above my pay grade

I'd say so - Holy Smokes..!

Yah - for the price and piece of mind I wouldn't fix Ol' Smoky either. Go new.

This too is above my pay grade. I can't tell if it happened on the AC circuit side or not - but Robf's suggestion would be worth checking out..

#11120 10 months ago

<note to self: Still incomplete!. Use with caution - and double check everything. for entertainment and preservation purposes only.>
not for distribution

EDIT: I was able to perform my backup without any data loss and will not need the offsite backup anymore ..until the next update..

20230612_222646 (resized).jpg20230612_222646 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11122 10 months ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:Thank you namyzzo , this is a fantastic resource. I have an original TNA so not sure what differences will be (?CPU?) but really appreciate your effort.

.. Thank you!

The OG:
I "think" =
The small SBC computer is the same, although the manf had a shortage and a newer revision with a different chipset was substituted at some point. The coindoor had some differences at least on the face of the door, the power distribution board was 2 pieces instead of the new 1pc design. Possible different wire connectors types in some areas (add on speaker kit to name one), I think the sw-16 board had an earlier revision as well. The 2 digit display had some revision or 2. No internal 120v "service" outlet. Another earlier wire chart I seen might have indicated the use of a few different colored wires - but I cannot confirm this yet.!

I think there is a few other small things - but can't remember right now. To be safe = always check your specs before ordering parts.

(I would love to add an "addendum" to the manual with these possible differences seen on the OG.)

(one example below)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11124 10 months ago

Your work on your manual is truly remarkable.
I have an OG TNA, so if you ever want to get together in the future like a video chat or need pics, etc. to make that addendum a reality, just let me know as I thought I knew a lot and was a top TNA fan, but I don’t hold a candle to you LOL
Thanks for all you do compiling this information.

That would be GREAT.!.. The internet just doesn't show enough pictures of the OG for me to feel comfortable enough to put in in a manual..

Hopefully I can get this ce manual finished up soon - and I will get with you..

Awesome!.. Thank you for the help - I will get with you hopefully soon and we can get it going!

#11128 10 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I had everything I could find online printed into a sprial-bound book from staples. Cost me about $50. But I don't like reading manuals on a computer. Is that what you did? Not sure from the pics. Looks more organized than mine.

yah, I'm outta control over here

I should be playing this machine and try to get better - but this is fun too .. LOL..

98% ? = is my stuff. I kind of wanted to keep it on the up and up and not use pictures of Mandraws actual photos - so, pictures of my actual machine were used (thats why some are not the best looking), schematics I drew up by tracing down wires on my machine and laying it out using Circuit Maker, pictures of the parts and component breakdowns are made using parts that I have purchased from Pinball Life for the most part. Troubleshooting tips and other info has come from this site and anyone that I can squeeze info out of

The actual single .pdf file has hyperlinks to several websites and I kept the quality hi - so you can blow up the pages and do a little more. I tried to keep in mind that it may printed out in color or black and white as well..

The purple binder 3 ring binder was a good match to the machines theme and only like $8.00 from one of the office staple stores

I have 3 printers at home (b/w laser, color laser and inkjet) so I have tried/tested several different paper types as well - just trying to make it all "worthy" of the masterpiece I am documenting. . Real thick paper (60/80?) sounded good and is really nice, wont tear easily - but turning the pages is like looking through a collection of post cards. Normal paper (20lb) is too thin and tears easily. 40lb enhanced glossy feels good and turns easily but might be easy to tear.. So I am torn on which one is best right now

..and just the photo editing, the pdf software to create page numbers and transform the schematics, excel files, word files..etc = has been a challenge as well. So it definetly shows throughout the manual,,, er' Preservation and Learning document.. lol

If/when Sp00ky offers a manual - I'll happily quite and go play some pinball.. . I like knowing how things work and would have dug into this machine anyways, however I would have just used Microsoft Onenote and kept notes for myself...

- but I was so irked when I seen the manual offered on the manufacturer's website.!!!. This game is freakn' awesome.!.. It deserved more. People would pay for a manual $$ from the OEM.. (you try to fathom why not better info: Secrecy? -well once you spend all this time you discover most of the parts are standard, and the ball rolls down hill theres not much that most other pinball games don't already have. Parts only from them? - they don't even offer a rubber kit for this. SMH .. disgraceful. Thats a big slap in the chops!)

imho: The proprietary Mastery is in Scott's playfield layout, game software, hottie on the backglass , the haptic feed-back and the KiCk A** sound track ... I'm sure there are more peeps in the mix - but it's also amazing how he even designed some of the boards.

sorry for the rant = this game pumps me up
..I need to clean that printer..
20230614_191539 (resized).jpg20230614_191539 (resized).jpg20230614_191647 (resized).jpg20230614_191647 (resized).jpg20230614_191730 (resized).jpg20230614_191730 (resized).jpg20230614_191737 (resized).jpg20230614_191737 (resized).jpg20230614_191754 (resized).jpg20230614_191754 (resized).jpg

#11131 10 months ago
Quoted from Fubar:

Finally, after a 6-month voyage across the pond, TNA #146 has landed in the UK !!
[quoted image]

shes a beauty

(#138 here)

6 months at "sea" = did she boot up without any issue?

Also - what's that at the top left hand side of the backbox?

#11143 10 months ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

As requested i’ve got #206 back online again. Appears to be a faulty psu.
Hoping to get the failed unit checked out soon to confirm this
Also been experimenting with the sound as it just wasn't right. The guide is very helpful but at output 11 from the monitor it’s not satisfactory for me
This is my final result which is proving well
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/team-tna-the-uks-total-nuclear-annihilation-pinball-club.55461/post-518402

Good to know - thanks for the psu update.

For the sound: There seemed to be alot that can rattle/distort the sound. Just the thin bottom of the cabinet can reverberate weirdly. Also the thin metal on that psu you just replaced seemed to rattle between it and the cabinet bottom board. Also - if you would like to try something easy = play one of the songs in Jukebox mode and go under there and use both hands to cover the ports. My speaker/bass cleaned up dramatically - less "cone rattle". I think the box is too small to be ported.

Here is a link to my testing. The plugs I used for testing may be a turn off for some but can be removed for testing - but later - I did discover someone on here already tinkered with the concept and made some 3d printed ones https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3309874 (I haven't tried those yet). long version if you are really bored =

Glade your up and going again

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#11214 9 months ago

#11215 9 months ago

Ooops, sorry for the edits.. I posted earlier about the connections and then deleted it when I noticed issues with what I posted. So I had to lift my playfield to double check it against Sp00kys manual - which has issues with the PD-LED 0, 2 and 4 boards at least.. ugh!.

Then discovered a PD-LED wire that appears to have been smashed - so much so there are broken and exposed wires. smh.!.

..anyways, I thought I would share (if I posted something wrong - let me know.)

PD-LED_0 = should show controlling 34-551
PD-LED_0 = 72 and 73 should be there instead of 71&72. The 71 is controlled on board#4
PD-LED_4 = has a header labeled backwards (I'll post that when I make that page)
PD-LED_2 = J8 needs updated to show how TNA_CE uses that for lighting the locks

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg20230704_175723 (resized).jpg20230704_175723 (resized).jpgPD-LED_0-x.pdfPD-LED_0-x.pdfPD-LED_2A (resized).jpgPD-LED_2A (resized).jpgSp00kys_board-picture (resized).jpgSp00kys_board-picture (resized).jpg

TNA_CE_PD-LED_0 (resized).jpgTNA_CE_PD-LED_0 (resized).jpg

#11218 9 months ago

It's not the power distribution board that is the issue. The issue is with the connectors. I would recommend replacing these with the .156 Trifurcon crimp connectors as they make a nice solid connection on 3 sides of the header pins.

Scott - can you elaborate = "the issue is with the connectors". Are you saying only at the external boards where the IDC style is used? or at the pdb board as well?

The connectors on the CE power distribution board are the crimp and stuff molex "style" = but not sure if the actual pin inside is a Trifurcon K style. I had one apart when i discovered my distribution board had a bad solder joint - but didn't pay attention to the actual female crimp portion.

..just making sure..

1 week later
#11229 9 months ago
Quoted from somenerd:

This is amazing. Thank you SO much! I feel like I oughta buy you a six pack or a burrito or something for your effort...

I'll take that burrito now - if the offer still stands

I'm calling the work on my manual - DONE. Been a long 7 months. Moving all the files to the archives and moving on. It needs a lot of the blanks filled in, not perfect by any means, purely made up and I would personally be cautious of any of the information - especially where electricity is involved.. LOL .

If you are bored and want to do some proof reading the link is below. I tried to contact another for a double check on it - but haven't heard back yet.

And Remember - this is not an official manual. Learned a lot doing it. Time to play it now.

I split it into 2 files so it prints correctly. If I borrowed information from anyone to make my personal manual or you answered any of my questions - thank you!. All pictures are taken of my personal machine and/or spare parts that I have purchased.
For the "curious" who want to know what programs were used to make it = PDFsam, Circuitmaker, Microsoft Publisher, Excel and ACDSEE.

**edit 7-14-2023 = please stand by = as usual, I am awake now - and found 1 wrong file got inserted.. ugh.!!.. I'll fix tonight..

OK, for REAL.. .. it's fixed now.. = https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bf9sT3yORi4cXG49m-TOCG9oDuqancgu?usp=sharing

#11231 9 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

You're awesome. I'm going to my best to proofread at least the text. I can send you edits in a DM if you'd like. But I don't want it to seems as if I'm being rude or looking a gift-horse in the mouth.

That would be great! - we can all get this polished up a little better before I waste a bunch of ink and paper

Definitely - anyone can DM me and I'll make a list of corrections to tackle. That will save on spamming the forum with it. It will probably be awhile before I make a revision ?2.0? (hope to hit on some of the differences between OG and CE models and any upcoming changes to software/cpu flashing that might happen someday. I think a page or 2 to highlight the cool upgrades/add-ons available would be sweeet as well . )

There are a bunch of part numbers missing. Until I buy the components to things like the Auto plunger/launcher, Little screws, hardware and such - the manual will be lacking = so if anyone gets a good part number, confirmed lengths..etc = I can update those as well..

I am also now officially cross-eyed from trying to trace wire routes on this beast.. Haha. (so keep an eye out for wiring & schematic issues as well. If someone replaces a part or is doing some troubleshooting and notices an error on my part - definetly DM that to me as well)..

..It seems endless.. A page for just the coil types and other information would be cool = but where do you stop?. Data collecting/cataloging can be addicting. I'd love to get ahold of Sp00kys web store front and get TNA popping on there. It should really be more advertised on there with parts, info, add-ons, custom covers and such - IMHO..

3 months later
#11481 6 months ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

10 months on route. And because the went cheap on screws. Or the quality control person suck
[quoted image]

I seen that on mine as well, just figured they left the 2 holes open on purpose - like they were afraid of cracking the wood because of how narrow that section of the playfield is.?

Curious to know if all the CE's came out this way intentionally - or - not.

(pics: My #138 CE vs ??)

20221212_214143 (resized).jpg20221212_214143 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_3961482_1060853 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_3961482_1060853 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11525 5 months ago
Quoted from Joshjowen:

Can someone tell me what this is for and where it goes? Thx
[quoted image]

This piece here.?

I don't see it listed in the parts manual

(ball deflector? upper trough guide? lower lane ball guide? = if anyone finds out the part number/name = let me know..)

SHOOTER_LANE7 (2) (resized).jpgSHOOTER_LANE7 (2) (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#11572 5 months ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

That's fine. I just wanted to ask in case it could be done but clearly there is a reason that is more advanced than my play skills as to why it is this way.
I have ( we have in the UK ) found the auto eject mech to be sloppy and fitted an additional washer. This has decreased the amount of failed ejects but not ceased them
See photo of my repair - any further advice appreciated [quoted image]

I will have a "weak" autolaunch - once in awhile. Never sure if it's ball placement or related to the coil/assembly. I have not done the washer adjustment yet.

I notice mine is laying flat - and yours looks a little twisted - did it sit flat after reinstalling after the weld repair?. If its still twisted up - maybe getting that flat would help hit the ball with both "forks"... - just a thought...

One guy had his break (did not have a screw in the end of the bracket/playfield). Not sure if a screw in there would be advisable or not - kind of a thin section of wood out there..

20221212_214143a (resized).jpg20221212_214143a (resized).jpg

sk (resized).jpgsk (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#11700 4 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

So I was working on the three last target to destroy reactor three. I was aiming for the pop and missed, sending the ball through the orbit and the ball came down with this....
Sooo where does it go?[quoted image]

..you probably found it by now - but here it is >
..If you still have it out - and would like to measure it for my notes = that would be cool (like center to center of the metal "posts" and then the height from end to top of the wire?..

I will ask TheNoTrashCougar = if he wouldn't mind posting the PBL part numbers for the ones used on TNA (so I can update the parts manual). Looks like there are 2 near the small flipper and then 4 long ones inside the ball lock areas..

564_plays (2)a (resized).jpg564_plays (2)a (resized).jpg

1 month later
#11830 69 days ago

Oscilated I would post it here but it's 27+ MB. Try this linky = https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DBoaesJyR2ZvOhrctB5dEMqXt3QlHRIZ?usp=sharing

2 files are used to make the "manual".

Disclaimer:
For entertainment and tutorial purposes only. Not for resale
As always - Use with CAUTION.!!

..and it's not complete - by far.. Iv'e been slackin'

2 weeks later
#11861 50 days ago

<dEL>

#11862 49 days ago

..creating pages for just part info to add to the manual. and again - I start to see alot of different options and builds.

pic1 = backbox has the key at the top!
pic2 = armor kit showing on sp00kys site = has different speaker grills and siderails (vs the CE model I have)
pic3 = V1? without speaker grills.. was it a speaker kit or an armor kit to get the LED lighting..etc

trying to have the "OEM" options available for part# reference and to give a little more than just "average" info..

wording/release date info for the different options = is kickn' me around..

Any history help would be appreciated.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Added 48 days ago:

..went ahead and added parts listing to manual (and changed a few other pages up a little bit). RevC

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DBoaesJyR2ZvOhrctB5dEMqXt3QlHRIZ?usp=sharing

Added 18 days ago:

location moved

1 week later
#11892 42 days ago

..just got a few TNA spare parts delivered today from Pinball Life..

It had a few Free Stickers in the box

Saaweeet

20240306_182712 (resized).jpg20240306_182712 (resized).jpg
#11894 42 days ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

Just finished a little project and wanted to share...
Installed a 12v 10amp power supply connected to a RGB amplifier tied into the speaker light signals. Connected that to 5 meters worth of RGB led strips in the backbox, behind the backbox, and under the cabinet.
I only have a couple small test video clips at the moment, but I am REALLY pleased with the results. Using Alternate1 speaker light style in the beta code with the LED additions is pretty intense during gameplay! I love it!
Thanks to Scott Danesi for the tip about using the RGB amp to hopefully maybe keep the machine from catching fire. So far, so good!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

L00ks sweet - when the beacon was going off!. Cool Mod.!

#11897 41 days ago
Quoted from somenerd:

Hey all, Have a question about some flaky grid lights on my TNA CE... Sometimes (this has happened intermittently since I opened the box) the lights for grid spots 2, 3, 6, and 9 will go out. Usually I can lift the PF, push in one of the small ribbon cables that tends to wiggle downwards back up into its spot, and the lights will come back. Today I tried the same tactic, probably 3 separate times of pulling off-putting on the cables, and still no lights. Is there any other fault point that could be causing these lights to go out? Any potential fuses, faulty boards, etc? I went into the lamp tests and it's literally just these four that refuse to light.
And to add insult to injury, I accidentally tore the sticker on the right interior wall during my lifts and resets... RIP
[quoted image]

I'm not sure if these pics are labeled correctly - so beware!

2/3/6/9 = 20,21,24,27 = which might be PD-LED#1 (J1 & J2? ribbon cables). It's hard to see the traces to know for sure if those LEDS are fed by 1 or 2 ribbon cables.

Not sure about the test menu - but can you remove balls, raise playfield, enter test mode - and have it just continually test those LEDS - while you push on the cables at the "keypad"/3x3 board and also at the PD-LED#1 board = to see if its a cable or solder joint issue? (not sure if you had been lowering and raising the playfield each time to play it safe)..

Double check the ribbon cables. Go up and down them - make sure none got pinched between something. (Hate to tell this story - but I did the same thing as "Tuckey?" - like him (but me being a N00b3) - I pulled the playfield to far and it DROPPED down in the back. DOH.!!. Playfield landed on top of the sub box and - it pinched one of my multicolored RGB/LED cables! Tore into it pretty good..)

..just a thought.. trying to learn myself..

(Bummer on the sticker. I'm in the same situation, the one on my right hand side is starting to peel up as well. Raising/lowering it so much - I eventually snagged the edge of playfield on it - time for the https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-meltdown-mirrors.html ??)

20230430_19513999A (resized).jpg20230430_19513999A (resized).jpg3x3a (resized).jpg3x3a (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11898 41 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

Just to add on to my post above, I also got around to inspecting the optos for the left scoop. Now, I'm going to sound real newbish here, because I'm not super familiar with this stuff.
I only ever got the left opto to register in the switch test. I'm assuming both should be activating. That led me to believe that the right one is what's causing the issue. Trying to follow what Scott said about finding the flaky connector, I followed the yellow and black wires from the right opto to the red connector in the other picture, which then plugs into the opto board. Is this what needs to be replaced with "Trifucon crimp and stuff connectors?" Is it possible that the actual opto that's circled in the other picture has gone bad and that's what needs replacing?

I think the consensus is to replace any "IDC" style connectors that you can. (how to do that easily when a wire "passes" through the connector and does not "terminate" there = is another story... I haven't tried yet.)
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpgUntitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

20221212_214152 (resized).jpg20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
#11901 40 days ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

Can someone post a link for the fuses on the boards in the backbox? Please and thank you. I have an original run machine. My googling skills are failing me.

The PD-16 comes with = T4L250v (4amp / Slow Blow)

https://www.pinballlife.com/20mm-slow-blow-fuses.html

#11905 38 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

Ugh, more issues with my recent acquisition. This time, it's the display. When I power the game on, the screen says No Signal for a few moments like normal, and then just goes dark.
As I've said previously, I'm pretty new at this and learning a ton as I go. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting this one?

..just curious - does the machine "boot up" and become active? - like does the Start Button flash "ready"?.. any playfield lights on..etc?

I know the boot screen is real fast normally - any brief flash of some "booting" text?

..maybe check voltage of the CMOS pill battery located on the SBC Up-Board computer in the backbox - when the machine is off. See if you get the 3v dc expected.

..maybe take the backglass off and take a short video and upload to youtube so we can see whats going on..

..just some curious questions to get the ball rolling.. haha..

#11909 38 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

Got it working. I actually found an old post here with a similar issue and Scott recommended power cycling the PC. That's all it took. All fixed.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions

..was that done by pressing the power button on the SBC? while the game was powered on or off?

or?
..just curious

I didn't even think to use that button - I figured a power cycle of the complete machine would do the same thing. Scott's "kung-fu is strong" = I'm glad he is on here.

(I see the battery is 2017 - doin pretty good!)

Thank You for posting the videos - so we could see what the boards were doing and how the playfield was lit up.... and letting us know what the fix was.!!

2 weeks later
#11917 23 days ago

..been pretty quiet in here - which is a good thing

Just thought I would share this - as a reminder to check thoroughly when troubleshooting.

A week or so ago I was not having any problems, but wanted to see what USB ports on the SBC were connected to which component (P3-Roc cable, Service/Audit coin door cable and Scoreboard cable).

I thought I would just kinda follow the cables through the loop in the backbox - with a little pull here and a little pull there = but to my surprise one of them wasn't moving... WTF ?

Appears someone needs to back down there 3/4" impact - just a little bit.. LOL .. I Haven't booted up the machine since seeing this - so I hope it's ok. Probably should find a replacement before I boot it up since it is the one that goes to the P3-Roc board ..

AJ @ Sp00ky had just sent me all the Coms cables used on the TNA that I was wanting for a project = so All is forgiven

20240310_214123 (resized).jpg20240310_214123 (resized).jpg20240310_214158 (resized).jpg20240310_214158 (resized).jpg20240310_214233 (resized).jpg20240310_214233 (resized).jpg20240310_214519 (resized).jpg20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
#11922 22 days ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Hoping someone can help troubleshoot this:
My TNA CE stopped ejecting balls into the shooter lane.
Both lower flippers are also not responding. Reactor flipper still works.
When I start the game it just goes into a ball search.
Nothing loose or unplugged under the playfield. Only changes I've made to the game recently are: adding an HDMI audio extractor to fix the static buzz from speakers, and adding spacers to the roll over switches to help with balls getting stuck.
I have a ticket in with Spooky but figured I'd ask here as well.

..just throwing this out there..

Can you enter the service mode and test the components - without it trying to "ball search"? = If so, I'd run some tests to confirm/deny a complete issue with components on the "upper" pd16 board. And switch tests if applicable (can't remember if the opto's have a test in the menu)..

The ball Searching - wonder if it's because the trough kickout is not working and the opto says there is a jam..?.. Is it just the Danesi ball lock searching - or do the scoops activate as well (just curious)..
???.. The trough "ball jam" or ball lock opto's faulty/blocked/mis-aligned or not getting good power connection?... Ball missing/not hitting the switch properly in the ball trough/bad switch or wire connection on one of the DB5 trough switches. SW16#2 has some to do with that area = might check connections there as well..??

The upper flipper is working - so PD#16-"lower" 48Vdc is ok..

Lower flippers not working = pd#16 "upper" fuse/power issue on that side of the board?
Trough Kickout/ball eject not working = pd#16 "upper" fuse/power issue on that side of the board?
..if service/diag menu reveals other components on this side of the board not working (lower slings & autolaunch) = check fuse on that side, ensure incoming power with a volt meter and exiting power on J4 (48v)....etc (see diagrams)

again - just some random thoughts.. Hopefully Sp00ky gets back to you soon..

PLEASE - keep us informed.!. (might help one of us in the future)..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11923 22 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Cleaned optos. Checked clearances….
Suggestions?
[quoted image]

whoah -

Can you run some tests in the Service/Diag menu? - how does it react.?? - maybe get you closer to whats going on (binding, mechanical switch, opto or opto power.??)

Hopefully Scott will pop-in with the answer.

Keep us informed - please!

#11926 21 days ago

That happens when the game thinks a ball is in the right scoop and cannot eject it. It cannot eject because of a few reasons....
1. The coil is unable to fire due to a broken wire or general coil failure. A ball would be actually in there if this was the case.
2. The right scoop opto is off because of a wire or connector issue (most likely).
3. The drop targets are physically unable to drop themselves. The scoop will not fire if a drop is up.
4. The drop thinks the drops are up when they are not due to a drop down switch error.
You need to go in the service menu and do some general switch testing. After you figure out which switch or opto is not functioning correctly, you can fix it. If it is an opto, cleaning them is not usually the issue. You will need to repin the connectors powering that opto as the IDC connectors are known to be flaky.
Post back when you figure it out! Thanks,
--Scott

(no emoji for "mind blown")

..I didn't even think about half of that or whats going on behind the scenes.

>Code to prevent the ball from whacking the drop target - when it is up!!. Seeing that, would be an experience for sure.. WhAcK...

#11933 17 days ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

I’m having trouble with the auto plunger assembly again. Spooky sent a new one under warranty when the weld loosened up on the pivot shaft. Now the new one they sent is also starting to loosen and wobble.
I don’t have a welder, so are there other options?

Quoted from Kolk1:

If you just want that spot welded, take it to an exhaust shop.

Yah - grind/file - prep it if you can.. Remove plunger so no "dingle berry's" get on it = then take to exhaust shop like Kolk1 suggested.. (or driveshaft shop, or?? - got to be somewhere close to you that will do it - probably for free and bragging rights on how good they can weld )..

#11936 11 days ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Has anyone had to rebuild their stand up targets for the grid?
I discovered one of mine was falling to pieces. They seem to be riveted together and both the brass heads have come off. I discovered the back piece with the foam lying on the bottom of the cabinet.
Anyone had any luck fixing these?
Or is this the replacement ? https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-round-stand-up-targets.html
I was going to see if I could find a fine enough, long enough machine screw and lock nut, but I guess they use this design for a reason and a nut will come loose.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered those the other day. I have not installed one yet - but here are a few pics of that part# - if you want to compare.. (they came with Diode's installed - pics show them removed)..
56456889999 (resized).jpg56456889999 (resized).jpg56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpgyellow-640 (resized).jpgyellow-640 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 210.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider namyzzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=namyzzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.