(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mutterfudder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7841 2 years ago

Ohhhhh real smart strategy by Scott. Invite people over to play his game to drive demand up. I see what he's doing!!

3 weeks later
#7884 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Same as most other pins afaik.
Unscrew the PAL nut inside. It falls out.

There was one more step on my TNA for replacing the flipper buttons: Cut out copious amounts of hot glue between the cabinet and the PAL nut. I don't know what spooky was thinking on the assembly line that day, but there was probably a good half stick from a glue gun on each flipper button. Sheesh.

3 months later
#8112 2 years ago

I'm a little behinds so I just watched this awesome 9-reactor run on VOD. Incredible work McSquid!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1197697670?t=04h29m08s

The campaign donation link is still live if anyone is so inclined: https://tiltify.com/+fast-pace-for-headspace/fast-pace-for-headspace

#8118 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I have Pinstadiums/DIY Pinstadiums in most of my pins, my TNA however remains OG.

Same here. I play in a dark room. TNA needs no extra light. Many of my other games greatly benefit from the lights.

1 month later
#8241 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

balls keep launching into my game? had this happen before and replaced the trough optos - same again?

I'd recommend swaying to the soundtrack side to side instead of front to back. That should help.

1 week later
#8255 2 years ago

Neil, on mine there are two black wires on that switch lug. One goes in series to the trough switch prior. The second runs to the bottom molex plug on the trough jam opto. Hope helpful.

IMG_2598 (resized).jpegIMG_2598 (resized).jpegIMG_2601 (resized).jpegIMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#8489 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I should really just do a writeup on this.

That's a great idea

#8496 1 year ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

Thank you. Now … feel free to talk to me like I’m an idiot. What exactly is rattle tape, and where did you put it?

If you insist... idiot

It's anti rattle tape. It goes around the edges of the glass to hold it in the glass channels tighter. You can buy some and see an example of how to install it on this page: https://www.pinballlife.com/anti-rattle-tape-12-x-25-ft.html . Basically just tape the sides and top of the glass once, slide it back in, and test. If it still rattles, do a second layer.

#8510 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

can TNA be bought direct from spooky, or do I have to go through a distributor?

Nothing's been announced but in the past it's been direct and a few select distros. Usually their Fang Club members get early shots at the direct, so that might be something to look in to. I'd assume there'll be more chatter as it gets closer though.

2 months later
#8618 1 year ago

It’s happening!

967ABD66-2EA8-47E6-A46E-70E71F12E2C1 (resized).png967ABD66-2EA8-47E6-A46E-70E71F12E2C1 (resized).png
#8624 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

What’s the cost?

I’ve heard from two different folks $8,995

#8645 1 year ago

Honestly, all I want is a flyer this go around. Are there gonna be flyers? Signed, obsessive flyer collector

#8652 1 year ago

I keep seeing “unlicensed/no theme” as part of the cost discussion. I mean, it’s not like Zepplin (where the “theme” cost clearly ate in to the lack of… well, anything in the game), or Beatles (where the cost of the license shot the price up on a street level game beyond Stern’s normal pricing) for sure. But I’m fairly sure Scott must own the IP and is licensing it to Spooky. Do artists not deserve to be compensated for their IP/code/design/music/etc? Should Spooky sell these to you at cost+labor only? I don’t get the logic here.

I get people are disappointed because you want something to be less expensive or you can’t justify the price, or can’t afford it, or you won’t buy it on principle. It’s a forum, voice your thoughts. But I see a pretty great game with what was all the factory options before in it, plus mods, plus lit drops (not available at prior build time), plus new displays (only available as a retrofit after R&M came out), plus all the challenges of pricing. Yep, it’s expensive. If I didn’t have one, I’d see the value for me personally.

Either way, let’s see how the market speaks in a few days. We’re just yelling at the cloud for a few days.

#8727 1 year ago

I think you've made yourself clear. There's a whole 'nother thread for price grousing. Can you take it there? This is the club thread which -- we get it -- you're not joining.

1 week later
#8884 1 year ago

The only thing I'd really want is an addition of 3v1 mode. Team 2v2 is great assuming roughly level skill across the board, but sometimes that's not the case.

#8885 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Ah, I just know my buddy has the cassette sitting in the coin box of his game. So I take it was just a thing for sale on pinball life like his A System of Parts tape?

I'm not sure if PBL sold them at one point, but Spooky did in the past on their web store.

#8921 1 year ago

Please also add:

TNA 1.1 with lit drops
TNA 1.3with upgraded timer displays
TNA 1.5 with lit side rails
TNA 1.53 with butter cabinet

Create a bitmask and everyone can specify the mods on theirs.

Joking aside, there’s no butter can or colored coin doors for R&M. It’s the same game. Seems like the wrong move but whatever.

The only thing that makes a lick of sense is “Second Run” or “Second Edition”. Akin to Vault.

#8939 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Have any of the early rerun game deposits gotten their butter/no butter emails as of 9/12? Based on preliminary estimates it sounded like Spooky could actually pump out initial TNA CE games in a month which would suggest cabinet finish decisions now/soon. Once production has started we can start in earnest projecting our potential arrival dates... Would still anticipate a ramp-up of monthly production rate but wonder if HW butter cabinet delays could somehow impact the TNA CE sequencing/timing.

I could be wrong but I believe I've read in the past that Butter cabs do take a bit longer if you order that option. It's possible that you could get them out of order if that was the case, but I'm sure if you ask Morgan at the time you get the build sheet you can get a more definitive answer.

2 months later
#9546 1 year ago

Full plunge on mine hits the tip of the left flipper, tip of the right flipper, and right in to the pop. Most I've played have done just that. Might need to check the alignment of the right rail.

2 weeks later
#9702 1 year ago

Clearly the time has come to hack the Gibson, then.

4 months later
#10845 1 year ago
Quoted from LIONwoMAN:

Over the past year, I have been working on expanding the story into a full book. It's exciting to hear that you are curious about the backstory

Whhaaaaaaaat?!?! YES PLEASE!

1 month later
#11037 11 months ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

I'm planning on streaming a TNA 2.0 that's on loan. I was able to capture the LCD from the HDMI signal to the panel with my pass through capture card. I found the setting to enable scores on the LCD, what a nice option!
Does anyone know if you can capture the audio this way? I'm not picking up any audio signal in Streamlabs. I noticed Owlnonymous said he was able to. Otherwise I think I could capture it from the RCA signal from the amp.
Thanks!

I just split the audio jack coming out of the PC to get a line-level output as a separate source in OBS, seemed to work well.

2 months later
#11319 8 months ago
Quoted from maxpower:

I just got a Scorbit card, and installed it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. There is one red light on it but I don't know what it means.
Max
Also, the USB cable gets plugged into the TNA computer, correct?
[quoted image]

Did you go through the WiFi pairing and the setup in the app? That will get it connected to the network and specifies which USB port goes where. It’s been a long while since I did the setup so I don’t remember specifically which port it uses.

1 month later
#11445 6 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I think I have it figured. There’s line of a groove inside the clear print to push the light strip into. You out them in backwards facing in. Seems to be correct

That's exactly it. The lights should be in the groove, pointing "inward" to the center of the diffuser circle. Had to do the same a year or two back as mine didn't have the lights either.

1 week later
#11474 6 months ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Mmm, new code!
[quoted image]

Good lord LIONMAN.

#11505 6 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I think this may be the first time anyone has ever used the Multimorphic P3-ROC system to control a room/environment. Right???
https://fb.watch/nRkoEr0UnD/

I've been looking for footage of people starting/destroying reactors because I hear it was ... something

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mutterfudder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=mutterfudder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.