(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,939 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7796 3 years ago

I've been told there is talk of another run of TNA planned? Is there any truth to this?
Thanks!

#7799 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I got confirmation that another run of TNA will happen, but not for a while, and there is not timeline planned as of yet. I will report back if I hear anything and am able to share.
--Scott

Awesome!!
Thanks!!

1 year later
#8481 1 year ago

When you doing another TNA run?

2 weeks later
#8536 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Bought a Fang Club membership a couple weeks ago after seeing the activity in this thread, in hopes that I can snag one of the re-runs when the order bank opens. I fully expect a price increase, but at anything over 7K-7.5K it’s going to be tough to justify the purchase price. A game made with off-the-shelf parts, no toys or ramps should not be in the same price range as a premium game. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a modern classic for sure, and it most definitely deserves every accolade. I just don’t see how a game with a (presumably) low bill of materials could be priced around the same amount as a premium model game such as Godzilla or Rush.

I agree, but it's only fair to keep in mind that Spooky builds a much higher quality pin than Stern at this point (at least that was the case with my ACNC). So kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Also, no node board availability issues to worry about here.

#8553 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Just my experience, but Spooky games (R&M and Halloween) will need adjustments out of the gate to play well. The TNA that I've played though was flawless, but again low BOM so a much more simple game. Overall, playing a Spooky game is sounds/feels less dampened than a Stern. A Stern just feels heavier to me.
Also, Spooky uses 3D printed parts vs custom molded and unique parts you'd see in a Stern. Not that it's bad, don't get me wrong on that. They're just doing what they do for a smaller/boutique company vs a mass production company like Stern. I wouldn't expect them to make moulds for small run gamesm But I wouldn't go as far to say they make a much higher quality game. I think they do a great job for quality and features at their price point to be a very competitive manufacturer when going up against the goliaths.
I will say, Spooky playfields are a lot better than any Stern playfield I've seen recently both from quality of surface and strength of clear coat. Their customer service is amazing and if you call for help and troubleshooting you'll actually be in contact with an employee who will go above and beyond to help you out. Something that takes a bit more leg work with a Stern first hand until you work a direct contact.
That being said, I'd expect it to be in the standard price that we saw Halloween. I don't see this pulling a JJP and being 10k+ out the gate for cost of entry. Spooky is great on price points and offering upgrade paths for cosmetic appearance while maintaining gameplay without cutting features. I've held off getting a used model once the rumors for a second run were confirmed, this is a grail game for me and was my gateway drug into the obsession.

LOL! Heavier? Not at all the case comparing my two Spikes to my ACNC. Just the opposite. Same for my buddies Halloween. The only pin I ever lifted that was heavier, was my Hobbit wide body! In the 18 months I played the shit out of my ACNC, I didn't even have a dimple on the playfield! There was no adjustment I had to make. The only thing was a bad servo after a month that Spooky replaced free and even gave me a second servo just in case I needed it. But operators noted issued on routed games however, so not perfect I agree. Stern Spike games are the cheapest construction I have ever seen in any pinball machine to date. But this was not the case before Spike. My Stern Star Trek pro is solid and reliable and reparable which is why I keep it. It was a Sam. My Stern Sharky's Shootout was also solid. It was a White Star system. Adjustments are not a big deal anyway. Pooling and chipping is however. Also, the unavailability of node boards scares me to the point where I will not own any more Spike games. Will this change? Maybe. But after seven years of waiting, I'll believe it when I see it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.