(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnrocketry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8740 1 year ago

Ordered! Looking forward to joining the TNA club

#8773 1 year ago

I got #85 at 10:02am.

2 weeks later
#8961 1 year ago

Finally gave the 45 a spin today. Nice!

PXL_20220917_195202104 (resized).jpgPXL_20220917_195202104 (resized).jpg
#8962 1 year ago

TNA CE / 2.0 / Remake will be first ever NIB game.

Any recommendations for must-have items to both protect and enhance it?

I've already ordered the Flashinstinct decals.
I see mixed reviews on the Cliffy scoop hole protector.
What's the take on cabinet/leg protectors?

2 weeks later
#9122 1 year ago

A cabinet dimensions question below:

I'm thinking ahead to when my new TNA will be ready and whether to spend a few hundred bucks to ship it to me or make the ~500 mile, ~10 hour round trip drive to pick it up in person. I'd love to pick it up in person. However, it won't fit in my Mazda 3 hatchback, and my old pickup truck may be making a one-way trip to the salvage yard soon.

Anyway, I'm thinking that a TNA, taken out of the box, would fit in my wife's 2011 Toyota Venza. The folded height doesn't appear to be a problem; I measured the vertical clearance at the hatch opening at 30 inches. I'm mostly wondering about the length and the cabinet back height so that I can look at the clearance between the front seats and the sloping hatch window.

I borrowed a photo and some numbers from this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/112#post-5106074

As shown on the attached labeled photo, I'm looking for:
- The length of the cabinet body with & without shooter rod. (I'm guessing ~50 to 54 inches?)
- The height of the cabinet at the back. (I'm guessing ~20 inches?)
- The distance from the back of the cabinet to the bottom of the folded head. (Maybe ~12 inches?)

Any help would be appreciated! If I can get some numbers, I'll post an updated labeled photo for future reference.

TNA cab dims prelim (resized).pngTNA cab dims prelim (resized).png
#9180 1 year ago

Morgan kindly sent me some TNA cabinet dimensions (height, width, length). I'm posting this diagram here for future reference.

TNA cabinet dimensions (resized).pngTNA cabinet dimensions (resized).png
1 week later
#9253 1 year ago

Does TNA CE come with a coin box? (I use tokens in my pins at home instead of putting them on free play)

4 weeks later
#9549 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If anyone is interested, I'm going to be selling my original TNA with butter cabinet, serial #2.

#sigh# If I hadn't already paid for a new TNA from the current run...

#9593 1 year ago

Received CE #85 today!

#9599 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

How does your back glass look?
Is it washed out?

It looks good to me!

IMG_3843 (resized).JPGIMG_3843 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#9686 1 year ago

I'm a tiny bit sad that my new CE TNA doesn't have the original run's awesome sticker on the sub enclosure box.

fff6ab26a68fe45723fc7de05072fe923ad6df66 (resized).jpgfff6ab26a68fe45723fc7de05072fe923ad6df66 (resized).jpg
#9697 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

I’ve asked Spooky service about the sub chamber stickers, so if they mention anything, I’ll let you know!

It's a silly thing, I'll admit.

If they were willing to share a file, I'd print my own on full-sheet label stock.

#9705 1 year ago

A few audio observations and questions about my TNA CE:

When sitting in attract mode, there is a loud hiss from my backbox speakers. Is this common? I found only one old post in this thread that mentioned speaker hiss. When I turn off the power switch on the Lepai amp, the hiss obviously disappears. I haven't dug further to determine if the Lepai is creating the hiss, or if it's coming from the audio source.

I've been through the audio adjustment process from an old post in this thread, reduced the "pre-amp" volume of the LCD display, and adjusted the settings of the Lepai amp. To my ears, I now have it sounding better than before.

One thing that I don't care for is that, with the volume adjusted to have the music at a comfortable level, the FX sounds during game play are annoyingly loud. When I go into the service menu, the sounds that it makes when changing between selections are painfully loud. I could wish for a software setting to set the FX audio levels (sound effects and voice callouts) relative to the music levels.

I'd eventually like to replace the Lepai amp with a class AB car amp and power supply. I'd also like to try taking the monitor out of the audio chain by extracting the audio from the HDMI signal (prior to the monitor) and sending it to a standalone DAC and then the amp. [I'm guessing that it wouldn't work to just plug a USB DAC directly into the small single-board computer.]

3 weeks later
#10036 1 year ago

It's been almost six weeks since I received CE #85. Honestly, I haven't had a great deal of time to play it, and it maybe has 40 games on it so far. I am really liking it though!

I don't have any significant issues to report. I adjusted the display contrast & brightness, and I went through and made audio settings adjustments. One thing that I dislike is the loud hiss from the backbox speakers during attract mode. I'll likely eventually replace the Lepai amp.

I finally had a little time yesterday. I didn't care for the green plastic protectors, so I bought the clear set from Pinball Life and swapped them. [Note - the stock green protectors were 0.106 inch thick; the clear protectors were 0.055 inch thick.] That also gave me opportunity to install the FlashInstinct decals and the Pinball Life gate guard kit. I also made a few little tweaks to the slingshot switches.

IMG_3858 (resized).JPGIMG_3858 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#10498 1 year ago

This weekend, I noticed some LED segments were out on my CE's ball saver display. Looked at the two ribbon cables. They were still securely in place on the display board with blobs of glue. At the source end, both ribbon cable connectors had vibrated nearly entirely off of the header pins. There was one blob of glue between the two connectors, but none between the connectors and the board.

#10506 1 year ago

I played one game on my CE after getting it, then set the shaker to low and left it there.

2 weeks later
#10597 1 year ago

That's a Cliffy scoop protector. http://www.passionforpinball.com/TNA.htm

5 months later
#11305 8 months ago

Repost...

TNA cabinet dimensions (resized).pngTNA cabinet dimensions (resized).png
2 months later
#11449 6 months ago

I just noticed that, on Wednesday, Spooky posted the following on their Facebook page:

"FINAL CALL on the TNA CE's!!!
There are ONLY 2 TNA CE's left before they completely sell out!!! If you're interested in getting yourself a Total Nuclear Annihilation Remake, this may be your very last chance!!! Jump in before they are completely gone! "

4 months later
#11855 58 days ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

TheNoTrashCougar The flipper base plate for the CORE flipper on my TNA broke recently where the coil stop is mounted. Do you know where I can purchase a replacement? Is this a standard part or something custom to TNA?
[quoted image]

It sure looks like it's one of these:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-left-staked-flipper-base-sub-assembly.html

You could call/email Spooky to confirm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnrocketry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=mnrocketry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.