(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider masterblaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7997 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Contact Spooky, I think they have a list of those who would buy a new one, and put your name on it. But right now they have to fulfill the Halloween/Ultraman orders. Sorry mine is not for sale.

This is good to know! Thank You! I would buy NIB with no changes to the current machine. I’m not interested in paying the prices on the secondary market right now, and I’d rather see a new sale go to Spooky and Mr. Danesi. If it’s 1.0 or 2.0 for the next run, makes no difference to me. I’m just ready for my very own TNA (so to speak).

#7998 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I was hoping (as I’m sure many were) that Spooky was going to squeeze in 2.0 when R&M was finished. Once Halloween was announced I decided that the next one I saw for sale within a 5 or 6 hr drive was going to be mine. That itch that’s been in the middle of my back since I missed the original run has finally been scratched and man is it satisfying. This game rips!

Perhaps not by the numbers (yet), but I feel confident saying that TNA is the most successful original-themed pinball machine in the ‘modern era’. It is a perfect blend of futuristic nostalgia.

5 months later
#8381 2 years ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Count me in for a remake! In the meantime I'll be enjoying Rick and Morty

I’ll take a rerun of the original and I’ll pay $7-$8K if they announced it tomorrow.
I am not going to pay 8K for a used one, which seems to be where the market is now.

2 months later
#8477 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Any word on TNA 2.0?

I would think that any announcement on 2.0 would coincide with the end of the Halloween/Ultraman run…that is, if they plan to do 2.0 as the next title. Here’s hoping!!!

3 weeks later
#8535 1 year ago

Bought a Fang Club membership a couple weeks ago after seeing the activity in this thread, in hopes that I can snag one of the re-runs when the order bank opens. I fully expect a price increase, but at anything over 7K-7.5K it’s going to be tough to justify the purchase price. A game made with off-the-shelf parts, no toys or ramps should not be in the same price range as a premium game. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a modern classic for sure, and it most definitely deserves every accolade. I just don’t see how a game with a (presumably) low bill of materials could be priced around the same amount as a premium model game such as Godzilla or Rush.

#8539 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think people will accept it being in the 8-8.5k range. Doubt they made a bunch of parts on original run and just shelved them like your insinuating, costs of materials have gone way up since then. With JJP trying to pan off "fun" at 12k, this is a bargain compared to TS4 with a more challenging game, better lightshow and the best soundtrack in pinball.

As I understand it from interviews/podcasts, all of the mechanicals are parts that anyone can buy from parts vendors such as Pinball Life. That’s what I mean by ‘off-the-shelf’…nothing specifically designed or manufactured for this game in particular. So they should be lower cost (relatively speaking) The scoop is a standard scoop that everyone uses, pop bumpers, spinners, et cetera. At least that’s the way I remember Mr. Danesi describing it in one podcast or another…I’ve had many beers since then.
This game is a cash cow for Spooky. Unlicensed theme, original music, original artwork and so on. I would guess they still pay a fee for these things (as well they should, and I hope they are paying well) BUT it’s not like paying for a license to the scale of a Led Zeppelin or Beatles. Depending on when the re-run happens (hopefully sooner rather than later) pricing is going to become a selling point as recession lurks in the corner. The manufacturers and distributors who are ignorant will reap what they’ve sown. No one needs a pinball machine.
Don’t get me wrong, costs on everything are through the roof, but the days of making more profit margin just because there is no pushback from the customer are drawing to an end. I sell mid to high-end office furniture (MillerKnoll) and I’m already seeing RFQ’s from entrenched MK customers asking for lower-priced import stuff in lieu of what they usually buy. The days of belt-tightening are nigh.

#8545 1 year ago
Quoted from Joey_Bada_Bing:

TNA has a BOM that’s more than most people realize. The 3 drop targets , two scoops, a spinner, two gates, 5 slings, a pop bumper, etc. on the surface it seems stripped down but it’s really not. Two digital counters on the playfield, 3 flippers, every light insert is RGBw. When I lift the playfield on mine I’m always reminded that it’s got more going on than meets the eye. Real back-glass, shaker motor,a real knocker (at least in mine), killer sound system with a sub woofer chamber. It may not have wire forms and ramps everywhere but there’s a lot of mech in this game and people shouldn’t sell it short.

All good points! Here’s hoping that Spooky’s growth has given them some additional leverage with their vendors in regard to the cost of parts.

2 months later
#8698 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I was so looking forward to buying a TNA 2.0.
But not any more at 9k! And, especially because I took an $1100 loss on my Halloween spot. Oh well. That’s my own fault, I guess…
I think Stern has won me over and they will be getting my next new pinball machine purchase. It’s a shame because I really did like Spooky before and was looking forward to some of their upcoming titles.

I bought a Fang Club membership a couple months back, in anticipation of this release. I was pretty stoked at the prospect of having a chance at buying this game NIB. Fast forward to today…I’m bummed! I refuse to pay $9K for this game AND still no word on when my Fang Club loot box is shipping! grrrrr.
I’ve had Led Zep pro model as a rental for the past month and I’ve enjoyed the heck out of it. The show with the expression lighting and color changes with the GI set a fantastic mood (I think there was inspiration drawn from Mr. Danesi’s light shows). Layout in the pro is extremely similar to Terminator 2, the rules from RayDay are user-friendly and the sound effects from Bob Baffy are ear candy. It’s no TNA, but it’s a very fun machine with a retro feel. It can be had for $7.5K. That seems like a reasonable price to me.
$9K seems like big boy money, and I’m just not feeling it with TNA. I said this in one of the other threads, but give me the basic cabinet with no add-ons. I could care less about plastics, powder coat or a real knocker. I don’t even need the subwoofer…give me RCA output and I’ll buy a big powered sub at a pawn shop for $100.
If Spooky is truly still a small boutique company in a very small production run, couldn’t they offer the stripped-down model to hit a lower price point? They used to, but now they don’t need to. There are easily 250 people who buy one of everything new that is introduced. PLUS they are driving up the market price for origin used ones. grrrrr.
Sorry for the grumbling!

6 months later
#10763 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I just ordered mine a couple of weeks ago directly from Spooky. It came within a couple of days. I think they are still ready to ship.

GAH!! I had no idea the CE’s were still available. I ordered Scooby because 1) it was less money (in SE trim) and 2) I thought that TNA CE was sold out. I would just about swear that when I put money down for SD that TNA wasn’t shown in the store, but then again I was laser focused on making sure I got an SD so it is very possible that I just overlooked it. This is a problem! A good problem, but a problem nonetheless. One of my current machines would have to be voted off of the island if I want to add TNA to the collection.

#10766 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

If you really want TNA instead of SD, just give Spooky a call, I’m sure they’ll work with you.

They’re pretty specific in their T’s & C’s that one cannot transfer a deposit from one game to another. That being said I suppose it’s worth the ask, if I decide that I want to make the switch. It’s very tempting, but I have played SD and it is quite good. The main sticking point is that I love games that are mean and fast, while the rest of my family prefers games that are deeper with fewer dangerous shots. They have played SD and they LOVE it. My SD number is very late in the run. Maybe I get TNA now and by the time SD is on the line I’ll be ready to part ways with something else in the collection. Hmmm….

#10768 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I have new TNA and love it, wife ordered a Scooby late Jan, and I think we are slated for mid Nov on the tracker

I’m SD# 1908 (Standard model) so we’re probably in the same time frame…Oct/Nov.

TNA is pretty much the #1 on my want list all the time. I took issue with the price, which is really the only reason I hadn’t ordered one already. I’m a no-frills guy so I just want the dang game…I don’t need powder coat or extra plastics or any of that jazz.
I really wish they would have offered a standard model.
I’m the guy who special ordered his 2015 Mustang 5.0 with cloth interior and a manual transmission. I don’t need heated seats or a big screen in the dash. I just want the big motor and that’s all I need to make me happy.
Same with my pinball…give me the base model and I can add little bits or mod it to tart it up as my budget allows in the future.
I understand why Spooky did the re-run the way they did, and the machine is beautiful…no argument there.
Rant over.

#10773 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I’m #1102… you might wanna find the tracker and check the estimated date.
Edit: #1908 says June of 2024.

Okay I totally misread your number. This is good!! Plenty of time to save my pennies for Scoob! A new TNA is getting more tempting by the minute.
How is the wiring on the CE’s? Did they clean it up a bit? On the originals it just seemed like a bit of a mess under there, and maybe there wasn’t a good way to loom things together like other games. Lots of wires crossing over other wires and whatnot.

#10783 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

One Pinsider' said it looked like Spaghetti Soup - and I would have to agree.
At first glance it is overwhelming. Take a step back - and you can see it looks like that group of assemblers really cared. Almost an art form in itself..
Really the playfield and backbox wiring looks pretty good. I don't know how it could have been routed any better - since they pack so much in such a little space. They are using some wire guides, screw down clamps in the cabinet and PLENTY of plastic zip-ties (maybe a few too many - some things are a little tight and with a little more slack it could be helpful when tinkering. But no complaints..)
I believe? some of the various connectors in certain areas have improved compared to the first models? so A++ for that.. (but I haven't actually set my own eyes on an earlier version).
(however, my machine had a bad crimp job in the AC service receptacle inside the cabinet. Wire completely came out. If the enclosure box was metal - it would have shorted out!)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the pics and explanation, this is helpful! I’m dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a new CE. Seems like there might be a few deals to be had in the used market, but I’m not in an area with a plethora of options within reasonable driving distance so then I’m paying more for transit. Not that it equals out by any means…a used one is still saving money no matter how you slice it, but if the gap is relatively small then I’m gonna lean towards NIB.

#10785 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

It will look so good next to your Seawitch
[quoted image]

Peer pressure is a terrible, terrible thing.

#10786 1 year ago
Quoted from LooseFlip:

Im a proud TNA CE owner since 1 1/2 week. This machine is awesome! Love the soundtracks, the 80ś Artwork, the whole machine rocks and is running fine. No Problems. Thanks Scott for this fantastic Pin. Please Check my Unboxing Vid. Greetz, Andi

BTW your video is amazing! If I end up buying one, Spooky should send you some swag or something.

#10789 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

[quoted image]

How are those hinge cover lights to install? Is is a pain to take out the backbox bolts? I suppose it’s not a big deal if you flip down the head.
Here I am, asking questions and shopping for mods when I haven’t even bought a machine yet…

#10798 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

... guys - I just cant take it.. Thought I could wait until tomorrow..
..and I don't want Scott to stroke out thinking - "Great, ! someone is changing my design again"
Just thinking about ramps on a TNA can get you banned..
What is tomorrows date?

HA!

#10799 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

[quoted image]

No game yet, but I just ordered some TNA mods…

#10802 1 year ago
Quoted from LooseFlip:

Thank you! Yeah right Spooky should send me some stuff, Spooky if you see this contact me

#46 picked up the machine Nib from a collector in the Netherlands. Nice to see you’re not so far away from me.

TNA CE on the way to me soon.
Tell Spooky to send you some free stuff.
Your video was the last push I needed to make the decision.

#10804 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Congrats, you're going to love it.

Thanks!!
I first played TNA at a bar, back in 2018 before I really got serious into the hobby. I was in love after ball 1.
It’s always been in my top five must-haves. I had deemed the current run to be too expensive for my blood, but the want is strong. So strong in fact that I will be selling my Deadpool to help fund the purchase. Some people will call me crazy for doing that, but that is how strong my desire is for this game. It truly is a modern classic.

#10807 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

My first experience with it is very similar. It was also a must have for not only me, but my wife too. Co-op is such a blast, play it a few times a week.

The main complaint I get from my family is “We don’t like to play pinball with you, because we don’t like to just sit around and watch you play for 10 minutes on every ball.” My response is always “Play Better!” To be fair, I play way more than they do…so I get it. I think this game will help, because the ball times are short and there is co-op. My family never passes up an opportunity to gang up against me. I can’t wait…the first time I power it up and hit that start button and it says WELCOME TO THE FUTURE I’m gonna get goosebumps.

#10813 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

Ah TNA... Similar experience for myself. I played at an arcade first, thought "That was fun. Hard but fun" and then left to other games. After a while, I felt the game taunting me and went back to again. And again. And Again. Long story short, I had to have one at home.
Congrats on joining the future!

Thank you!! It’s gonna be a blast.

#10815 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I just got a ce a few weeks ago. Also sold DeadPool to help fund it!

Congratulations! Any regrets? I’ll miss Deadpool for sure, and I’ll definitely have another Gomez game in the future…but I feel like I had my fun and it’s time to move on.

#10825 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I had my fun with DP and now I’m having a blast with TNA. No regrets at all. I got #199. Curious what number you get.

I’ll let you know. I got it from a distributor who had it in stock, so should be shipping later this week I think. I told them no rush…I also have a Seawitch on the way, and I really wasn’t planning on buying two machines in the same week. Hopefully DP sells quickly so I will only have one excess pin for a short while.

#10840 1 year ago

I’ve been searching for information on the game story. I remember listening to a podcast interview with Scott and he talked about the plot. I know he said it was a loose storyline, but I really liked the ideas behind the story. Is there anything written in this thread about it, I’ve searched every way I can think of and can’t seem to put my finger on it. I’m pretty sure Scott talked about it in his interview with Jeff Parsons on Pinball Players Podcast episode 26, but something is broken and it won’t play on podcatchers or Spotify. Thanks in advance for your assistance! I think the story is great, and when people come to play the game I’d like to be able to say more than “well, she was sent to the future to destroy these reactors…and, um…”

#10848 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I’ve been searching for information on the game story. I remember listening to a podcast interview with Scott and he talked about the plot. I know he said it was a loose storyline, but I really liked the ideas behind the story. Is there anything written in this thread about it, I’ve searched every way I can think of and can’t seem to put my finger on it. I’m pretty sure Scott talked about it in his interview with Jeff Parsons on Pinball Players Podcast episode 26, but something is broken and it won’t play on podcatchers or Spotify. Thanks in advance for your assistance! I think the story is great, and when people come to play the game I’d like to be able to say more than “well, she was sent to the future to destroy these reactors…and, um…”

Call off the bloodhounds! I finally got Spotify to work (had to logout and login again) and it was in fact Pinball Players Podcast episode 26. It was done shortly after the original release, and if you’ve not listened to it then I highly recommend it…great interview and conversation with lots of fun nuggets of trivia about the game.

#10849 1 year ago
Quoted from LIONwoMAN:

Hi there, MasterBlaster! Funny you should bring this up. Scott and I (Sara Rose) initially created enough of a plot to get the game going. Over the past year, I have been working on expanding the story into a full book. It's exciting to hear that you are curious about the backstory

GAH!!! This is fantastic news!

1 week later
#10884 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys, talk me out of buying a TNA please. I've never played one, but it looks amazing as hell and have always wanted one (I think). Is there anything I should be aware of if I bought one? Any problems? Help me decide, it looks incredible but I don't know that they priced this right at 9k. What are your thoughts? Feel free to pm me if you need to say something extra inflammatory lol.

At launch I refused to buy one at 9K. Now I have one one the way…NIB, at $9K. That’s how great the game is. It will make you lose all sense of rationale and reason.
If you like old Williams system 11 games then you will love it.
I first played TNA when I was just starting to play pinball again (played Pinbot, High Speed & Comet every Saturday at the bowling alley when I was a kid).
Five years ago I played TNA, and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head since. I bought the soundtrack via iTunes, and I play it at least once a month.
As others have said, go play this game. Give the music a few seconds, then plunge and let that bass line hit…and let it pull you in. Cheers!

#10886 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nobody knows the Lore or the Backstory;
Who is that girl?
Doesn't she know how to parallel park a tank?
Why are her glasses upside down?
Doesn't that strap chafe?

Hahahaha although it sounds like not for long…Complete backstory in progress, from the real brains behind the Danesi Dynasty.

1 week later
#10921 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I wonder if Rob changed the parts used? I think he had been sold out of the original run for a bit and just recently did a second one. He was good to work with when I had an issue. Give him a few days to respond since it’s the weekend.

I’m still waiting on TNA to arrive but I already have the side lights. New kits definitely have the smaller power supply now.

0DEA1AF5-E625-47EC-8ABB-AD9C35C0930E (resized).jpeg0DEA1AF5-E625-47EC-8ABB-AD9C35C0930E (resized).jpeg
#10924 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I hope yours works better than mine. But still, I kinda wish I had the flashing option. Make it more obvious they are lit up.

I’ll report back when I get them installed. I think delivery on my machine is still about a week out. They were just finishing it up this week.

#10943 12 months ago

CE is boxed and leaving Spooky today! Yippy Skippy!!
Will I want to do the mod to seal the sub box, or is that something they do at the factory now?

#10945 12 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I think if you're willing to go through that effort, look into an external sub instead. I have one in mine and I have had 0 connections shake loose and highly suspect it's due to that. Also it sounds fantastic, but admittedly it was already wired when I got mine so I've never heard the OEM sub.

That could be an option, I’ve got an older sub from my home system that I could repurpose. I might end up doing the seal on the internal sub anyway, since I will have to get the machine set up. Better to do it all at once at the beginnig…I have a feeling that once it’s playable I’m not going to want to take it out of commission for a while!

#10947 12 months ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

There's a post of my "upgrading" journey on here. But, if I can pass one thing along it is this - if you ever want to remove the box = Dont use Liquid Nails brand white colored bathtub caulking by mistake -
There is not enough room to swing a sledgehammer in there

Thanks for the info! Oh yikes… liquid nails is no joke. I’ve built a few sub boxes in my day, and I usually use whatever exterior caulking is available at the local hardware store. Exterior caulk can be difficult to remove after it’s fully cured…I can’t imagine trying to get liquid nails to release!

#10950 12 months ago

The eagle has landed. CE#213 in da hizzy!

7783B9AB-9569-459A-92D9-63488FEBE924 (resized).jpeg7783B9AB-9569-459A-92D9-63488FEBE924 (resized).jpeg
#10953 12 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

So how was the setup? I'm very curious to know how everything turned out after you opened up and set up. I'm very close to putting in an order. BTW, when did you order?

Haven’t set it up yet, I have a couple of obligations this weekend so it might be next week by the time I get it set up. Agh! Ordered sometime around the end of March. Not exactly sure because the distributor had advertised the machine as being “in stock” when in fact they had to order it. Apparently I’d just missed the one that they had in stock but they hadn’t taken down the ad yet.

#10959 11 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I’m not sure they are doing another run on them. But the box I got this time was like 2inch by 4inchs, and actually had a brightness dial, and a button for modes.

So it sounds like maybe that basic power supply was a dud, if they’ve already switched to something else. I haven’t set up my machine yet but I’m wondering if I should just go ahead and make contact with them and get it swapped out before I install. Did you email them to initiate that process?

1 week later
#11011 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

So i finally received the cooler today and installed it and omg what a difference!! All components are cool to the touch now and no slowdowns. Great suggestion! Definitely worth the cost. Thanks again
Oh and the fan is completely silent so no added noise.

Thank you for pioneering this idea and sharing! I didn’t realize that I could get domestically and the original link didn’t take me directly to the item, just to the UP site. So I ended up ordering directly from them…paid more in VAT and freight than the cost of the items. Ha! Oh well, still a pretty inexpensive way to ensure our beloved game runs like a sewing machine. Since these are coming from overseas I went ahead and ordered two, so I’ll have one as a backup or in case one doesn’t work. Forgive me, I’m not familiar with the original TNA design…did it use this same unit? I’m guessing no, as I would think that Sp00ky would have made a change if there were reliability issues due to heat buildup (or added a $10 cooling fan).

#11034 11 months ago

If you have an aversion to screws in your cabinet then you could try 3M VHB tape. If applied properly then you shouldn’t have any further issues, although if you ever decide to remove it will be much more difficult than removing screws.

#11078 11 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I’ve had my OG since it was delivered 5 years ago. After seeing my 3 friends CEs and hearing their stories, I would buy a used OG any day of the week over the CE.

Seems like both have their issues to be sorted out. Once it’s solved, the machine is right as rain for quite some time (OG or CE). I have a CE but if I’d been able to find a solid original for a decent price I would have bought it. I like the polished trim on the original better than the powder coat on the CE.

#11082 11 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Showed up on my news feed. No idea who he is.
[quoted image]

50 plays isn’t even enough time to figure out how to make your shots. This has to be someone who had never played the game prior to buying it. “This thing doesn’t even have RAMPS?!? It’s gone!!”

3 weeks later
#11134 10 months ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

Pinball Life has the mirror blades for TNA in stock now. Been waiting ages and just saw them back available last night, so i immediately ordered a set.
https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-meltdown-mirrors.html

Already sold out. Womp Womp

2 weeks later
#11198 9 months ago

After nearly a month of sitting in the box, we finally got to set up CE #213 this past weekend! It was my b-day so we had an impromptu launch party. Much fun was had. Many beers were consumed. I remember most of the evening.

IMG_0916 (resized).jpegIMG_0916 (resized).jpeg
#11202 9 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Are TNAs selling that slow? I got #188 in January. Still love it

I was on the Spooky Shop a couple weeks ago and it still showing available to order. It’s taking awhile to get them through the line though. Only a handful (or less) per month, as near as I can tell. Pretty crazy to think that they’re still available because it’s a very low-volume title…meanwhile Stern is selling ‘LE’s by the thousands and sell out almost immediately. Don’t get me wrong, this is my first Spooky and there certainly are differences in the way it is made…but they’re not all that far off. Well-built machines. Yes there are some issues to work through in regards to connectors and troubleshooting but they are minimal and easy to fix.

#11209 9 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Haha… saw that as well. All surrounding Led Z.
Glad you said it. He did say there were plenty of drinks and he remember most of the evening. So, some details may have mixed??
Haha!! Nonetheless, that looks like a nice gathering setup.

Hahaha thanks everyone! I think we’d just finished a 4-player co-op round and everyone needed a breather and new beverage out of the fridge. LZ is probably my favorite Stern in the current collection. Very simple and fast.

#11210 9 months ago
Quoted from maxpower:

I'm having an issue with the LED lights on the playfield. They randomly light during play, or during attract mode. Sometimes they get "stuck" that way and sometimes they reset themselves. Turning the machine off for a few minutes and back on also sometimes resets them, and sometimes not. It seems to be happening more frequently.
This is during play.
[quoted image]
This is after that game.
[quoted image]
This is after turning it off and back on.
[quoted image]
Spooky told me to download the latest software update which I believe is v1.5.0 from last October. I did that and nothing changed. I was hoping to get some other ideas here. Thanks!
Max

It’s got to be a loose connection on a board somewhere. Unfortunately I’ve not had mine long enough to tell you where to start. Maybe there’s something in the error report in the menu that could help?

#11212 9 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

That Stranger Things wall is amazing. Sounds like a birthday well spent, happy belated.

Thank You! We made that ST wall for my sons b-day party a few years back, and it’s done on a sheet of Masonite so it’s YUGE…really nowhere to store it so it’s become a permanent fixture. It made a little more sense to people who’ve not seen the show when we had the ST machine underneath it. Now ST is in the basement and theres definitely not enough room to hang the board down there!

1 week later
#11223 9 months ago

I’m getting a slight buzz from the speakers when I hold the left flipper. Hold the right side, no buzz.
I swapped out the speakers and sub this past weekend, but I haven’t noticed any noise until today. I made sure to attach the ground cable to the sub in the exact same spot as the original, using the same hardware. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

#11227 9 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The buzz should not be coming from the speakers at all. It is coming from your flipper assembly. This is normal as I use some crazy pulse patterns to give the flippers a good feel. There is not much that can be done about the slight flipper buzzing, but you could try and rebuild your flippers and make sure everything is nice and tight to make it quieter.
Also be sure that your vertical play in your flipper bats is about the thickness of a credit card. Any more or any less and you could have issues with your flippers.
^^^ This is important BTW.
--Scott

Ok thanks for the info Scott! That makes sense, I had a sort of buzz on my Stern Spider-Man (probably for a different reason) and it never bothered me once I got used to it.
I probably just now noticed the buzz because I’ve had to turn down the volume once we put in the new speakers and sealed the sub box. Man, this thing will rattle the dishes in the kitchen when we have it cranked up. So much fun!!
And thank you for adding all the tracks in jukebox mode. I really enjoy listening when I’m tinkering with the machines. Scarlett and Roc are my favorites.

3 weeks later
#11289 8 months ago

Auto launch is inconsistent, I think I might need to adjust the forks but I’ve never had to do this on any of my machines and I don’t want to hose it up…any pointers from the well-seasoned TNA gurus here? Some games the launch goes all the way around the orbit slick as a whistle most of the time. Other games the launch won’t even make it over the ramp in the shooter lane. It will try several times and finally I just have to plunge it myself to get the ball into play. I thought about just adjusting the power but the inconsistency leads me to believe that there’s something mechanical that I need to correct first.

#11296 8 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I adjusted mine, it was a little loose and slightly off center. I just bent the metal a little underneath to create a tighter fit within the assembly (less left and right shifting) and since then my auto launch has substantially improved.

Ok I might try that, once I’ve taken a slo mo of the ball launch as Scott suggested. When I was looking at it, there did seem to be a lot of play (side to side) with that assembly…particularly compared to my other games with auto launch feature (stern & data east).
Thank you for the info!

2 weeks later
#11335 8 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

you can also try and put a washer under the e-clip like in the photo below. This will tighten up the assembly and keep it from moving as much.[quoted image]

Per Scott’s suggestion I tried to add a washer and the ones I have are just a bit too thick. I needed something like half the thickness of a washer, so I added an e-clip next to the existing e-clip instead of a washer. PERFECTO! Auto launch now fires a consistently smooth loop, 100% of the time. There was just enough slop in that mech to cause the fork to hit the ball slightly off sometimes and spot-on other times. Thank you Scott!!! You are a gem to this community!

#11344 8 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

The Sparkle Black Powder Coat shooter housing was not listed on their website when I sent them an email before I received my TNA CE. They replied, and replied again when they were available to purchase. They apparently make them to order, so I’d send them a message and ask if you can still buy one.

I can’t decide if I want the housing to match or if I like the old school look of the chrome housing. Knowing the price might help my decision…what do they have it priced at?

#11345 8 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

Real knockers are the best knockers.

This would make a great t-shirt…add a silhouette of a knocker mech below the quote.

#11354 8 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

You’d have to contact them and ask, but back in October, 2022, they were $79.[quoted image]

Perfect thanks for the info!

1 month later
#11451 6 months ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

I just noticed that, on Wednesday, Spooky posted the following on their Facebook page:
"FINAL CALL on the TNA CE's!!!
There are ONLY 2 TNA CE's left before they completely sell out!!! If you're interested in getting yourself a Total Nuclear Annihilation Remake, this may be your very last chance!!! Jump in before they are completely gone! "

Wow that’s great! Kudos to the entire TNA team for another successful run. Now, if they’d just do another run of Rick & Morty…lolololol

#11454 6 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I'm expecting #217 sometime in the next couple of weeks. Finalized payment, etc yesterday.

OMG so glad to see this. You’ve been very patiently waiting MUCH longer than I hoped you’d have to. The good news is, it’s WELL worth the wait! Congratulations!!

1 month later
#11564 5 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

So what is the cheapest anyone has bought a used TNA for? I would like to get in the club, but wondering what a realistic cost is? Did the latest run of TNA machines cause the originals to drop in value much?

I’ve seen a couple in the Pinside marketplace lately that I would consider to be a decent price.
The thing about TNA is, even now that there has been a second run (recently sold out, congrats Scott) there are STILL only 800 production copies in existence. That’s fewer than Stern produces for a “Limited Edition” these days. The way the game is built and the level of tech support that Scott has given to owners is unmatched. Because of the above, I think TNA is Sp00ky Pinball’s best game to date. Like Rick & Morty, it’s a uniquely modern classic (and like Rick & Morty) it’s going to hold its value a little stronger compared to titles with larger production numbers. I could be all wet, or full of hot air, or however you want to say it…just my two cents.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider masterblaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=masterblaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.