(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckycreature.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1534 6 years ago

Okay. So I played the prototype last year at SFGE and have recently started saving to make this my first pinball machine. Always thought it would be funhouse but this wins.

I have some noob questions.
If i buy the mirrors there is no reason to buy the extra interior art offered by spooky correct?

Also If get the shaker, not sure i want it if it overpowers the gameplay but what is the knocker? What other games use one?
Again sorry for the noob questions just want to make sure I save and purchase everything i need.
And thanks for this thread. read every page over a couple days.

3 weeks later
#1907 6 years ago

In Atlanta for a conference. Went to Portal last night and played TNA. After the first two games I walked away saying how did I ever consider buying this.....
But then a few stern games later I went back.
And back
And back.
Over a four hour period I kept going back and kept dying.. during hour two I finally defeated the first reactor. It's as far as I got all night. Got a high score of 444,000 on one game but not sure how I did it.
Told the wife I'm not sure if my first home machine should be one that kicks my butt.
But yet I awoke this morning with my
mind still figuring out the budget to do so.
It's got a pull for sure.

1 week later
#1999 6 years ago

I'm in! Just sent my 1k deposit. Not sure what number I am yet but totally excited to be in the club sometime this year! My first machine!

#2024 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Hell of a choice for a first machine. Hopefully when your collection inevitably grows to more then one game you are able to be satisfied with something else because this one is truly one of a kind.

I would ideally like 3 games. This. A funhouse because i grew up playing it, and am actually quite good at it, unlike TNA. And then Star Trek Stern or ballys 70 Star Trek. I know two totally different games.

#2037 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

...and you can set it to 10 balls per play.
40 balls ought to be enough to destroy 9 reactors.

I will resist the urge to do this when I get my game. I want to earn it and with it being my only machine I have the rest of my life to get better at it. But I may break a few years down the road.

#2099 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Lit side rails look awesome too.

It says the light side rails use an open power source. How easy was the install? Does it use power that would go to Shaker or knocker? because I ordered both of those.

#2100 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Set up mine today. Great game. All above options but no butter. Will get the speaker lights when available.
Love the low rumble when reactor is critical so definitely get he shaker. I went with mirror blades and they are great. Plastic protectors factory installed is a no brainer.

I'm two hours away. See you in a few

1 month later
#2556 5 years ago

Anyone complaining about the fan hasn't owned an XBOX ONE. Thing sometime sounds like a jet engine.

2 months later
#3222 5 years ago

If your waiting do like me and put the money aside in savings.
It's earning me money until I get the email to pay for mine, so no big deal.
I'm only about 160 units away at this point.

3 months later
#3825 5 years ago

Just got my game and I'm a noob at owning. How do I get the underneath to stay up when I want to work on something? I don't see anything to lock in into place?

#3828 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

With a hand in each side carefully pull the playfield out and toward you until it stops. Then lift the front of the playfield and keep going up until it rests against the backbox. You might want a towel or something on the backbox to prevent scratching stuff up. Once it’s tilted back you should be able to get at anything you need to get at.

Thanks. I was lifting it up holding it looking for some latch. Makes sense I can just lean it back. Thanks.

#3829 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

A noob with TNA! Nice game to start a collection with. I see Night Moves in your collection too, what's the story behind that?
BTW, welcome to Pinside!

Got my night moves this summer but ordered this first. They kind of compliment each other as non band music pins. Lol

#3843 5 years ago

Thanks. I'm having this same issue with dropdown target 2 just received from Spooky on Monday. Ill order this spring as well.

#3862 5 years ago

So I turned my shaker motor off last night. Even at low setting its too much for me. lol.

#3865 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That's funny. I hear you, but I love when a blown reactor feels like an actual explosion happening in the game.

Yeah. it's awesome. But when the games over I have the urge to take off the glass, lift the playfield and make sure everything underneath is still connected properly. lol. It's a flick of a switch to turn it back on so pretty nice to have the option.

#3903 5 years ago

Playfield Protectors now has TNA. Thinking about buying one as my brand new TNA already has some ball wear and divets. Anyone have any thoughts on their playfields?

1 week later
#4092 5 years ago

I have no chipping but lots of dimples above the reactor numbers. Cant see them while playing but definetly can when looking at it from the side.

2 weeks later
#4300 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Zero problems with my tilt bob, as it is still stapled to the cab.

This is what I did too. No issues for me.

3 weeks later
#4560 5 years ago

I ordered a playfield protector last week. My playfield less than 300 plays is just covered in dimples. Also having the washer playfield issue. Since I plan on owning for a long time hoping to protect it going forward. I'll post pictures once I start the install.

3 weeks later
#4751 5 years ago

Need some help.my metal bracket on my pop bumper had dropped. When I opened the machine found these six washers and two screws. What's the correct way to reattach?
KingPinGames any advice?

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190211185756502_COVER (resized).jpg00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190211185756502_COVER (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190211_185649 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190211_185649 (resized).jpg
#4756 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Essentially
Metal ring
Washer
Fiber insert
Metal insert
Washer
Washer
Nylon nut

Thank you! KingPinGames and floyd1977 back up and running. Funny thing I didn't notice till I was playing today that it had dropped and I had some of my best games past few days without the pop bumper working. Lol. Thanks gentleman!

1 week later
#4804 5 years ago

I cheated with co op mode and got to reactor 8 yesterday. So oh close to being a champion! (sort of)

#4808 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I actually like the playfield protectors. I think they are unnoticeable in terms of play and accept the wax even better than the clear coat.

pm sent

#4816 5 years ago

Wooh!

MVIMG_20190221_143339 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190221_143339 (resized).jpg
#4819 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Nah, that is 4 player co-op mode. Nice score though!!
--Scott

Yep co op mode.made it to reactor 8 on lunch break today. Almost called the boss to say I had a flat tire so I could play reactor 9. Getting closer.

1 month later
#5061 4 years ago

Jeez. This is my first pinball machine as well and ive had to fix a few things (a broken drop target, pop bumber screws coming loose, and some of the playfield issues at posts) but SpookyCharlie and SpookyKT don't deserve this attack. KT was also communicating during the ordering process and SpookyCharlie is always available at shows to ask questions.

I'm not at all technically sound person but I can fix things by using this website among others, and just doing the work and learning. 6k is a lot for me as well (had to save) but I'm not at all disappointed and happy to have made it my first machine.
Thanks Spooky for making my favorite game since Funhouse.

1 month later
#5330 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Looks like NO TNAs are currently up on the Marketplace...
Damn!
Does anyone use anything else other than ebay or CL?

8500 and you can have mine. Not looking to sell but it would take that much for me to do it.

2 months later
#5572 4 years ago

Deleted.

1 month later
#5819 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Game controlled room lightingHooked up an esp8266 to the beacon, it communicates with the open APIs of the Nanoleaf Aurora and the Phillips Hue track lighting.

this is awesome.

4 weeks later
#5898 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Update for everyone about the meters. The first handful have finally been completed and shipped this morning. Tomorrow I will be posting a seperate thread containing installation and adjustment instructions. Finally Monday I will begin to pm the first batch waiting list as kits become available. Be one the lookout tomorrow and can't wait to see these out in the wild.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nh15TjevN89wyNWr6

Watching my inbox. Cool cool mod

2 months later
#6192 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Magfest 2020! We put ours on a balcony in the atrium![quoted image]

I could see this from the lobby, but didn't get a party invite

2 months later
#6319 3 years ago

Printed this reactor today. Planning on getting some clear plastic to print it translucent and take advantage of the light show. Where do you guys think I should place it? I'm kinda leaving towards above the drop Target entrance. Any feedback is appreciated.

IMG_20200329_185022 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_185022 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_185039 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_185039 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184842 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184842 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184934 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184934 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184714 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184714 (resized).jpg
#6327 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I feel like it need to go up top somewhere since the orbits are what feed the nuclear core. So upper right corner is best. It does not feel real cohesive with the game, but maybe once painted it would? Or print out of clear and light up the reactor so it can trigger to glow when ready for kill?
Also suggest changing the bowtie shape on core to the triangle to match the game.

Thanks everyone! Great suggestions. Ill play around with it.

1 week later
#6413 3 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar the only thing ive noticed on the new code is like others said. shaker in low mode seems non existent on ball lock. Its my only complaint. Thanks for continuing to support the game. Its my only machine and gets played daily.

#6425 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Agreed on the more shaker power but now My normal and low are both pretty intense again after I updated to 1.4. Curious if anyone else is having this issue.
On a side note the beacon works in attract more now.

Yeah my low is now more powerful then regular during the time when the reactor is primed. Sorry Scott, can you turn it back down? I was wrong, id prefer almost no shaker on low to overpowered.

#6427 3 years ago

Just discovered the game over you win new option for mystery awards. Is that actually achievable?

#6490 3 years ago

I just installed the green protectors. With the Mirror blades its amazing how the light bounces off them. Pictures dont do them justice.

1 week later
#6618 3 years ago

Finally!!! Had to use co-op to beat it but after owning it since launch still thrilling. Had a crazy multiball on reactor 6 that carried me all the way to 9. Then proceeded to drain three balls. Finally hit the d target on the very last ball. Boom! Now to get better at single player.

IMG_20200425_171037 (resized).jpgIMG_20200425_171037 (resized).jpg
#6652 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinshield:

Im taking orders on the TNA Pinshield. If interested please visit my Pinside shop.[quoted image][quoted image]

I like it, but can i ask what do you do with pinshield when not on game? is it firm enough to stand against a wall somewhere or does it fold up like a towel?
thanks,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,000 (Firm)
$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckycreature.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.