(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kolk1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10390 1 year ago

#188 checking in. I drove up to WI and picked it up a couple weeks ago. Already did glow in the dark rubber, and the metal nuke pop bumper cap, and upgraded the lcd screen.

1 week later
#10472 1 year ago

Man, I just put on the Chrome pop bumper cap the other day, or I would of rather of done that sticker, the plain white pop bumper cap was killing me.

Yes I ordered a TNA playfield, because unless somebody starts making a Stern style TNA Banner (that id pay a lot for) I really need some TNA wall art. Its my favorite of my 6 pins (well 7 if you count Scooby on order) and I hate not having a banner it.

#10474 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I ordered one of these over the weekend to top off my TNA 1.5. Very pleased to see your feedback on it!

The chrome pop cap? I got it about a week ago. No instructions, pretty simple BUT my clear disc wasn’t predrilled for holes, so it had me double guessing everything. Tape barley touches the clear disc, so even though I cleaned it with alcohol first, I had to later go back and do a couple dots of clear gorilla glue to keep it from falling off. But not too much to where I can’t get it off later if I have too.

Yea my playfield will be wall art next to my Lost World and Paragon I’m currently swapping out. Hopefully I never have to do TNA, but it will be there if I absolutely have to.

#10495 1 year ago

I’m interested in the shooter housing.

#10497 1 year ago

17 or CE? I’ve never checked a ribbon cable once and it’s the game I play the most.

#10511 1 year ago

Got me some wall art today. Says they are blemished, but I can’t find anything.

723E86F7-2A79-4AFC-81B6-6AFFB11E4DDA (resized).jpeg723E86F7-2A79-4AFC-81B6-6AFFB11E4DDA (resized).jpeg
#10536 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Are these valid replacements? I saw someone mention on one that it looked like the post holes were all misaligned. Tempted to get one if still available as a future backup, since I’ll be buried with my TNA

I’m not sure which posts he was talking about on mine. And after doing a CPR playfield on a paragon, holes not centered is common problem apparently… I hope my lost world playfield from cpr is aligned better.

#10542 1 year ago

Well, I bought mine like the minute it posted, and didn’t see that option I already got mine last week.

#10560 1 year ago

Where are you finding the light rails still in stock? My google search has failed me

#10567 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I was attempting to get that game that you did from Bongiorno but had to sell one first. Next thing I knew it was pending. Glad you got one and glad I was still able to get a new one (although it cost me a lot of extra money)! I now have CE #199 locked in and can't wait to get my hands on it.

I’m number 188 and picked mine up directly from spooky Jan 9th.

#10571 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

It was the former.. wanted NIB to not chance getting a sour one and was quoted today $400 for the playfield, tax and shipping is extra.
Shipping is not cheap for this guy. Hopefully you live close.
Out the door it was $493 ($60 shipping).

A new one is only $25 more than scratch and dent?? Wtf?

#10576 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I was charged $500 for mine. I don't understand the discrepancy here.

He said he paid $400 plus tax and shipping for a new one, I just paid $375 plus shipping for a scratch and dent 2 weeks ago.
Edit, never mind, miss read what you said.

#10578 1 year ago

I guess I should say, my scratch and dent TNA looks amazing. If a hole is off, I can deal/fix that as needed. The $1100 Paragon from CPR I just did is way off, and I have a $800 Lost World from CPR to do next… so I’m sure IF something needs adjusted I’ll be fine lol But my TNA is barley 2 months old, so it will be wall art for many years I hope.

#10582 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

How do you recommend to store these so they do not bow on you?
I’ve seen some cut 1x1” wood and put screws through the holes to keep it straight when you store it in say a closet or upright.. need a solution that is not wall art option.

Mine is on the wall using Z brackets. lol Lost world is waiting to be swapped, and I’m finishing up swapping a paragon that will go up there next.

FFC038A8-0C94-4095-89E3-F6B9EF9F614D (resized).jpegFFC038A8-0C94-4095-89E3-F6B9EF9F614D (resized).jpeg
#10586 1 year ago

I found a video of me playing mine, core is green I can verify that much.

#10595 1 year ago

I have a CE, and don’t have that.

CD197E12-6600-4B6B-AE33-443F54CAB2E7 (resized).jpegCD197E12-6600-4B6B-AE33-443F54CAB2E7 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10628 1 year ago

Right flipper. Mine needed a hair adjusting. The metal was digging into the rubber ring next to it.

#10640 1 year ago

I’m never selling mine. I’m not the best player, so if I ever want to try and beat the game, I just put it 4 player co-op and still play by myself. lol

#10644 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Man, I’m trying not to abuse this machine like this, but dang this game kicks my ass. Stuck at Reactor 4 at the moment.
To think… we have to go to Reactor 9!!!

I’ve changed some of the settings to make mine easier so take this with a grain of salt. Last night I had my best game ever, and made it to reactor 8 and got over 4M. This was on single player 5 ball. Sometimes I’ll do 4 player co-op and not make it to reactor 4 lol

#10675 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Quick question for the group. Just traded a TNA out. The new owner got it home and the aftermarket pop bumper top had fallen off in transport. It was a mod that came with it when I got it and I'm not sure how it was attached. Can anyone who installed one of these let me know how they are attached so I can give him good advice on fixing it up? Thanks!
[quoted image]

I used a couple couple dots of clear gorilla glue. The tape sucked.

1 week later
#10767 1 year ago

I have new TNA and love it, wife ordered a Scooby late Jan, and I think we are slated for mid Nov on the tracker

#10770 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I’m SD# 1908 (Standard model) so we’re probably in the same time frame…Oct/Nov.
TNA is pretty much the #1 on my want list all the time. I took issue with the price, which is really the only reason I hadn’t ordered one already. I’m a no-frills guy so I just want the dang game…I don’t need powder coat or extra plastics or any of that jazz.
I really wish they would have offered a standard model.
I’m the guy who special ordered his 2015 Mustang 5.0 with cloth interior and a manual transmission. I don’t need heated seats or a big screen in the dash. I just want the big motor and that’s all I need to make me happy.
Same with my pinball…give me the base model and I can add little bits or mod it to tart it up as my budget allows in the future.
I understand why Spooky did the re-run the way they did, and the machine is beautiful…no argument there.
Rant over.

I’m #1102… you might wanna find the tracker and check the estimated date.

Edit: #1908 says June of 2024.

#10774 1 year ago

Mine TNA is #188, I got it straight from them, and I have had 0 issues. I upgraded the lcd screen, and did some mods, but it’s been 100% solid.

#10794 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Tomorrow - I will be posting items on 3-Bay for sale. The kit includes all fastening hardware, 2 additional coil assemblies and a custom ABS plastic ramp. The plastic ramp will basically fit near and above the core area and extends to each side mating to the Left and Right orbits. The gates will initiate differently depending on the current mode of the games (First launch, Ball Save...etc)
It should be super fun.
Also included is a hacked copy of Scott's existing software which will compensate for the new ramp assembly. Limited knowledge of DOS operating systems is required (but I can help for those unsure of how DOS works).
Limited supply run - for those interested. I may do more if enough people show interest.

Interesting.. got any pics or a video of this working? This is the first I’m hearing about this.

#10808 1 year ago

My first experience with a “newer” style pin was TNA. The lights, the shaker, the bass, I was hooked and had to get one. Before that I was restoring a Bally Lost world for my wife, and was talking to a dealer about how she loves the single level playfields and more simple layout, but I’d want something faster, and more complex… so of his 80 or so pins, he took me straight to TNA, and a couple weeks later after not being able to stop thinking about it, I was on the phone with spooky…

#10860 1 year ago

I’m sorry, but where and the hell can I buy this pad/cover???!!!! I’ve been trying to figure out some type of wall art (besides the TNA playfield) and I’d like to have a TNA banner like I have for my sterns, id gladly try and make this work somehow lol

EE74B3D2-7BBC-4C42-8601-B3D14B9BCE06 (resized).jpegEE74B3D2-7BBC-4C42-8601-B3D14B9BCE06 (resized).jpeg

#10863 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

..That one looks pretty good.. Let me know if you find any.
I seen another style on 3bay - the cover looks really pixelated in the photo.
ebay.com link: usr[quoted image]

The guys name on Facebook is beach beach, and doesn’t speak English. But basically said he has them made, and to buy one, plus have it shipped to United States it’s 130 euros ($141)….

#10888 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys, talk me out of buying a TNA please. I've never played one, but it looks amazing as hell and have always wanted one (I think). Is there anything I should be aware of if I bought one? Any problems? Help me decide, it looks incredible but I don't know that they priced this right at 9k. What are your thoughts? Feel free to pm me if you need to say something extra inflammatory lol.

If you’re ever near St Louis (still on IL side though) feel free to hit me up. I also have a Scooby do on order, but won’t get it until end of Nov/beginning of Dec it looks like.

6627436F-D3DF-4B6C-AD7D-C6A4D2781488 (resized).jpeg6627436F-D3DF-4B6C-AD7D-C6A4D2781488 (resized).jpegEE3B24DB-E920-4C38-BA58-D76CE528BE43 (resized).jpegEE3B24DB-E920-4C38-BA58-D76CE528BE43 (resized).jpeg
#10899 1 year ago

I know the topper is a #89 bulb, but has anybody replaced it with a very bright led? I can find tons of them, just curious if there was one that was known to be way brighter than what we have now. Thanks.

#10901 1 year ago

So I did the lit side rails tonight… is there any possible way I didn’t do it correctly, that would cause them to not be that bright? Just seem “meh”. With lights off, it just seems like it’s a slightly UV reactive and catching my black light. They obviously turn on and off, there is a difference. But with the lights on, it’s basically not noticeable.

#10903 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Any change when you play with the brightness knob?

There’s a brightness knob? lol I know there’s a red on off button. But are you serious? lol

Edit: I have no knob. Just checked. Small black box, and a on/off button. That’s it.

#10905 1 year ago

Ok, just noticed, if I only plug in the left side, it’s bright. Add right side, and it barley lights up now.

#10906 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

You gave me a moment of panic, had to go check my machine…. Big power supply (like the power brick for a laptop), on/off on one end, brightness and rest button on the other end. Maybe their power supply was updated recently?

no. Tiny black box, with a cable going to a red button.

#10908 1 year ago

I got it from the guy like 2 pages ago. No strobe, no nothing. Just on and off. And a tiny black box. Hooked on pinball

Oh, and it doesn’t matter which panel. With only one panel connected they are bright.

#10910 1 year ago

I guess for now I’ll only use one. I also noticed the box has a high pitched humm when you add a 2nd rail.

720EDA00-E3EE-46A9-8A5E-1E3DE0E6A942 (resized).jpeg720EDA00-E3EE-46A9-8A5E-1E3DE0E6A942 (resized).jpegE6156D8A-DC4C-46BB-B34F-4B7AB2A5E16E (resized).jpegE6156D8A-DC4C-46BB-B34F-4B7AB2A5E16E (resized).jpeg
#10912 1 year ago

Ok wow. Mines nothing like that. And even the picture below what you linked me to, even with only one rail plugged in, mines not that bright, close, but like 80-90% of that.

This is lights off (besides black lights) and only one rail. If I do the 2nd rail, it’s a 1/4 of that.

139F39AE-B7B2-4B65-85DF-14A766DA6787 (resized).jpeg139F39AE-B7B2-4B65-85DF-14A766DA6787 (resized).jpeg

#10914 1 year ago

Yea that looks great. I emailed Robert Campbell, he’s the one that was handling the emails about buying them.

#10916 1 year ago

Yea I just left one unplugged for now. I’m not in a rush, but it would be nice if I could also get those strobing features.

#10919 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Does the collar on the power knob turn. It looks kinda indexed in the photo...

No I tried. That’s just like a grip washer. Even still, a high pitched hum and drops to 1/4 brightness when 2nd rail is plugged in?? That shouldn’t happen. Tomorrow I’ll probably completely uninstall them and see if I can see a pinched wire or something. Who knows. Try them while not installed, see if that makes a difference.

#10922 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

What are you doing for black lights in there? It looks great! LEDs under the pins?

I have 2 36w bar light at each end of the room by the ceiling, and a 27w under each machine. The ones under the machine, are screwed to the bottom side of the cab, all the way against the wall, pointing at a 45 towards your feet.

The 27s are 4 for $60

2E448B4D-DCAF-4C8F-95BB-57B7321FF0D1 (resized).png2E448B4D-DCAF-4C8F-95BB-57B7321FF0D1 (resized).png

#10923 1 year ago

I’m still waiting on TNA to arrive but I already have the side lights. New kits definitely have the smaller power supply now.
[quoted image]

I hope yours works better than mine. But still, I kinda wish I had the flashing option. Make it more obvious they are lit up.

1 week later
#10954 12 months ago

1 week later update. Got a replacement brain/transformer box. This one has a dimmer, and strobe feature, and the best thing of all…. IT WORKS!! I now have full brightness with both rails plugged in. Hard to take a picture without it going dark when it focuses on it.

IMG_5027 (resized).jpegIMG_5027 (resized).jpeg
#10957 12 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Awesome, how is the buzz sound from it?

At full tilt, it has a high pitched buzz, and then it started shutting off after awhile from over heating. I turned it down to about 75%, still bright enough, but it hasn’t shut off since.

#10958 12 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Would love more info on the replacement controller. Link would be even sweeter.
Glad you got it workingproperly, looks great.

I’m not sure they are doing another run on them. But the box I got this time was like 2inch by 4inchs, and actually had a brightness dial, and a button for modes.

#10960 11 months ago

So it sounds like maybe that basic power supply was a dud, if they’ve already switched to something else. I haven’t set up my machine yet but I’m wondering if I should just go ahead and make contact with them and get it swapped out before I install. Did you email them to initiate that process?

The old one was a larger unit. Supposedly the new unit is stronger, but half the size, but doesn’t have flash options or dim options. But my “new small one” didn’t work. Also, I had mine on 100% brightness, and it kept overheating and shutting off last night. I dropped it down to about 80%, still pretty bright, and it hasn’t shut off again. Everybody else on the recent run got small boxes it sounds like, but as far as this post is concerned, I’m the only one who got a dud. I was emailing Robert at hookedonpinball

#10962 11 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey there. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on getting this great game. My only worry is size. Height, specifically. I have room but I'm worried it may be too high because of the light on top. Does anyone know the height from the top of that light to the floor?
Hope someone can help. TIA

I don’t have a measurement, but it’s like 3inchs taller than a new stern without a topper.
IMG_4760 (resized).jpegIMG_4760 (resized).jpeg

#10964 11 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Thank you. It's going to be next to my Godzilla. Is it easy to remove that red card from around the light?

Ive never looked. I’d assume it’s just screwed on. But somebody else will have to answer that one.

#10973 11 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

How often do you all get into the reactor and have the ball just roll straight down to the scoop? Trying to determine if my slings are not sensitive enough. If I can get a good hit on one then I’ll get a lot of side to side action. Just tired of getting a good plunge when I need to destroy a reactor and have it go right out of it.

Often enough to piss me off lol. My slings are almost too sensitive, and it still happens maybe 25-30% of the time.

1 week later
#11024 11 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Curious....Scott TheNoTrashCougar did anyone ever make wall banners for TNA?? Picked up a TNA CE this weekend and it needs some matching game room swag. If it hasn't been done please consider getting some made, I'm sure others here as well would purchase one.

I ended up buying a playfield just so I’d have some type of wall art. I’d love to have a stern style banner for my TNA.

#11026 11 months ago

They didn’t sign mine, but I also have Scooby playfield as well.

IMG_5018 (resized).jpegIMG_5018 (resized).jpegIMG_5075 (resized).jpegIMG_5075 (resized).jpegIMG_5179 (resized).jpegIMG_5179 (resized).jpeg
#11041 11 months ago

Make sure the EOS switch is opening or you could burn out the coil.

#11043 11 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

There are no EOS switches in TNA.
--Scott

Huh, I didn’t know that. I’ve never had any issues with mine, so I haven’t paid attention lol. I’m always working on old SS stuff.

#11074 11 months ago

Might have been Facebook but I saw a new CE with like 50 plays for 8K. As much as I love new stuff , that’s a decent savings. Had some basic mods too, like lit rails and hinges.

#11081 11 months ago

Showed up on my news feed. No idea who he is.

IMG_5297 (resized).pngIMG_5297 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#11139 10 months ago

It told me sold out earlier today, but just now it said in stock and let me order them.

#11142 10 months ago
Quoted from Polypin:

I have the blades and encourage anyone interested in them to pick them up, they are great on the game.

I was doing art on all my blades, until I got Foo Fighters and nothing was available yet except mirrors, and it looks amazing. So yea, I ordered mirrors for TNA. We’re original TNAs just solid black? Mines a CE so I have that very minimal art work on there. Guess I’ll have to peel that off.

#11151 10 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Got notified the mirror blades will be coming tomorrow. I won’t be back until late Sunday…
If anyone else that get them installed on CE 2.0 soon please upload a photo. Annoyed I have to wait.

I got mine yesterday. I’ll try and get to it soon.

#11152 10 months ago

Ok so that was a 10 minute install… so freaking easy compared to a newer stern. BUT due to not being very tall, they honestly aren’t that noticeable. But neither were the original graphics as well. Tried to do some with the lights on and off.

IMG_5579 (resized).jpegIMG_5579 (resized).jpegIMG_5580 (resized).jpegIMG_5580 (resized).jpegIMG_5581 (resized).jpegIMG_5581 (resized).jpegIMG_5582 (resized).jpegIMG_5582 (resized).jpegIMG_5583 (resized).jpegIMG_5583 (resized).jpegIMG_5584 (resized).jpegIMG_5584 (resized).jpegIMG_5585 (resized).jpegIMG_5585 (resized).jpegIMG_5586 (resized).jpegIMG_5586 (resized).jpegIMG_5587 (resized).jpegIMG_5587 (resized).jpeg
#11188 10 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Curious if you have the newer style power supply that is smaller, but lacks the strobe capability. Mine buzzes louder than the DE machine’s speakers that it sits next to.

My “new style” didn’t work at all. They sent me an old style and it buzzes pretty loud at 100%. I have it turned down to about 75% and still hear it. And it’s more obvious if I have it doing a on/off flash sequence.

1 week later
#11201 9 months ago

Are TNAs selling that slow? I got #188 in January. Still love it

#11204 9 months ago

Oh I have zero complaints. I bought TNA early Jan, and ordered Scooby late Jan. But I’m 1102 and won’t be getting it until probably Nov I think. That’s fine, let the code update a couple more times first lol

2 weeks later
#11254 9 months ago

All new pins need a PSW10. They are all over market place for under $100. Amazing upgrade, and easy to move from machine to machine if/when you need too.

2 weeks later
#11312 8 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So having owned this game for a little bit now, I have to say that I love the game. BUT, it is good despite Spooky, not because of it. What a load of shit workmanship this game is. I haven't had a game that needed this much constant attention for a new game since.... ever. Nothing that cannot be resolved, but it is almost like I made this in my basement. The game itself is a marvel. Love it. So addicting. But Jesus that quality control that goes into their games. What gives.
Just had to get this off my chest.

Even though I’ve had 0 issues with my TNA, I’m around 500 plays on my CE, I have a Scooby on order, and I’m glad I’m 1102, gives them awhile to work out the tons of bugs I’m reading about, or at least if I have any issues somebody else would of probably had the same one by now.

3 weeks later
#11363 7 months ago

I used glow in the dark ones from Titan. They sell kits in all colors. They have a user data base where you can select your game, and view color combos other people have submitted, and you can modify their kits piece by piece if you want. Also check super bands as well.

IMG_5586 (resized).jpegIMG_5586 (resized).jpeg
#11388 7 months ago
Quoted from j69:

Anyone had issues with threaded screw holes? I've got one in the reactor lane. Not sure how to keep the screw in, other than a longer screw deeper into the playfield, or a bit of glue/loctite?

Last week I noticed one of mine was loose (bottom post 2nd from left) Screw only goes about 1/8th into the playfield, could easily be a lot longer and not bottom out. I just dropped a toothpick in the hole, then cut it flush.

#11391 7 months ago

I’d loosen the ball lane plastics, push them up higher and tighten them back down.

2 weeks later
#11416 7 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any chance these mirrors would not allow that green hue that comes off of the blue inner side art? Mine has that side art and the green plastic protectors hitting that blue looks so cool.
Curious to see what these look like installed.

I posted a picture of mine with mirrors about a month ago. Honeslty they are hard to see.

IMG_5579 (resized).jpegIMG_5579 (resized).jpegIMG_5580 (resized).jpegIMG_5580 (resized).jpegIMG_5586 (resized).jpegIMG_5586 (resized).jpegIMG_5587 (resized).jpegIMG_5587 (resized).jpeg
#11420 7 months ago

I can take a photo tonight if you still need one. The video I made for my Facebook channel has a video of it but it’s pretty high up. I use YouTube to upload videos for Facebook.

1 week later
#11438 6 months ago

I used a couple dots of clear gorilla glue. Been fine for 6+ months now.

#11440 6 months ago

Gorilla glue is tough, but still kinda like a rubber gel. So I figured I’d try that. I didn’t use very much. I’d rather use too little and have to redo it than not be able to pry it apart later lol

#11442 6 months ago

I guess it depends on what type. I’m talking about the clear gel. I remove it from stuff often. Not the brown glue or the liquid stuff.

#11464 6 months ago

I ended up using slightly longer screws for the top lanes, and they are tight now and not going anywhere.

1 week later
#11485 6 months ago
Quoted from Domes:

New CE owner here. Has anyone replaced their LCD in a new CE? It looks like most replacements fall under the original run.

I replaced mine in January with this one. Way better than the original.

IMG_6415 (resized).pngIMG_6415 (resized).png
1 week later
#11520 5 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Is there a way to install the new code without wiping out the saved scores?

Oh man, if it wipe them I don’t wanna do it.

3 weeks later
#11646 5 months ago

So I had a couple friends over today like most people I bet playing pinball. For reference I currently have 7 games, foo fighters, BKSOR, Iron Maiden, Scooby doo, TNA so on.

After a couple hours I notice Keith (doesn’t know pinball really at all, but overall smart man lol) hasn’t moved from TNA much. He comes up to me later and says this to me. I don’t know what it is, or who made it, but that game…. Just image somebody handed you a basic AR rifle with $2000 worth of accessories on it. Ok cool, that’s fun. But then another guy hands you a revolver that has basic toys on it but cost $5000… it’s simple, but it just feels so nice. lol

2 weeks later
#11691 4 months ago

BKSOR pro, is a great (close to) 1 level game. I keep a stern Galaxy next to my TNA, and soon I want to get a meteor next to it as well.

IMG_6602 (resized).jpegIMG_6602 (resized).jpeg

#11694 4 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Kolk1 I love seeing photos of your game room. Love the carpet, black lights, and selection of pinball machines.

lol thanks. You can follow regular updates at Kolks Pinball on Facebook. I just did a couple rugs in the hallway yesterday to extend the look a little bit. Added black lights in hallway, added an outlet in the ceiling of the laundry room to plug them into, so on. Picking up my NOS lost world playfield tomorrow from being clear coated!!!

IMG_6815 (resized).jpegIMG_6815 (resized).jpegimage000000 (resized).jpegimage000000 (resized).jpeg
#11696 4 months ago

3/4 Canvas offset clips The normal sized playfields I can still slide in and out and rearrange if I want to.

IMG_6826 (resized).pngIMG_6826 (resized).png
#11699 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I have a Meteor next to my TNA as well. What do you mean by “a meteor next to it as well”? A second one to go next your BKSOR?

I have a Stern Galaxy next to TNA, and I want to get a meteor to put next to the galaxy. I messed up and said meteor twice lol

#11705 4 months ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

Speaking of eliminating noise, anyone getting hum from the lighted side rail mod when it is turned on?

Omg! I have mine turned down so low that I can barely tell they are working. I prefer them flashing so it gets your attention, but BEEP…….BEEP……BEEP gets annoying as shit. I have all my games silent during attract mode because I use the room for other stuff occasionally, and that gets annoying quick.ive been thinking about making a little sound deadening box to put the transformer in.

#11714 4 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

Thanks for this! I have a TNA playfield and I’ve been wondering how to hang it.[quoted image]

Me too, since they don’t make Spooky (stern) banners. I have a hallway of playfields now, and banners in the arcade. I have a TNA and Scooby playfield as part of the collection. And after I finish this playfield swap, my next project is to put Yoppsicles (already ordered) on the back of all my playfields in the hallway and light them up. Tuff part is deciding what colors to put where on Scooby and TNA since they have clear inserts, I kinda wanna make it look like it’s in the middle of a game. Have 3-4 reactors red, rest of them green, have the 9 key pad half way filled out, so on.

#11717 4 months ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Speaking of playfields, has anyone figured out what is wrong/where the defect is on the "scratch and dent' playfields?

Mine looks perfect. And not a single hole has been used. So I’m clueless. lol

2 weeks later
#11756 3 months ago

So quick little story.

13 months ago, I bought my first pinball machine. A broken lost world but in great condition (now has a clear coated NOS playfield I installed last week). But anyway a week after buying it, I wanted a newer pin. So after looking around online, I went to go buy a AIQ from Tilt in Decatur IL. At this point I still haven’t even played a new style machine. After telling Troy that I wanted something newer and faster and my wife preferred one level games, of the hundred pins he had, he showed me TNA and I was blown away. To me, the lights, music, shaker, was just the best thing ever. In the 2 hour drive home (with AIQ in the back, still haven’t played it) I’m on the phone with spooky and buying a TNA.

I just bring this up because in 13 months, I’ve now had 33 pinball machines. I love fixing the old SS games and working on other people’s all the time (have a Gottlieb genesis here now for a lot of upgrades and maintence) so My 1year anniversary of driving up to Sbooky and picking it up is in 2 days, so today I broke out its bday present and gave it a new set of rubbers and balls. lol still plays like it’s brand new. Not a ton of mods, mirror blades, light up side rails, better lcd screen, chrome pop bumper cap, little stuff. Oh and all my pins have an external Polk subwoofer lol.

This game is never going anywhere.

IMG_7223 (resized).jpegIMG_7223 (resized).jpeg
#11759 3 months ago

So far on most of my games I’ve been content with the psw10, unhooking the factory sub, and tweaking the mods/highs. Some have gotten backbox speakers, but maybe now that you bring it up, maybe that will be my next upgrade to tna. Which ones did you do?

Quoted from SeikoKid:

I hear you man. Great stuff buddy
I’ve completely upgraded my sound system on TNA and the original sub is ok and performs much better if run through a proper sub amp. The factory amp is a load of cats piss
New backbox speakers will change your opinion too
Really though you need to separate as much as you can coming from the source. When you have some frequencies it’s a completely different game - completely
I wish I knew how to record the sound so on mine so i can be heard properly on a you tube vid - but then it would forever be different through each views own speakers

#11761 3 months ago

Oh that looks good. Today when I was doing my rubbers I thought about tossing on a purple skirt I have in my parts pin. The clear body probably looks great when it lights up.

#11766 3 months ago

I just ordered a black skirt while I was getting a clear body. So I can look at them both in person. I bet black is better due to color changing lights.

#11778 3 months ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Poor spooky QC. I would recommend everyone make sure they have screws there otherwise they will snap.

Thanks. I will tonight for sure.

#11780 3 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Drill first or just push hard and twist?

If doing the 5/16 head (I think) screws. I’d pre drill.

#11784 3 months ago

CE #188. Today is my 1yr anniversary lol.

No screws.

Edit, and now it does. lol

IMG_7246 (resized).jpegIMG_7246 (resized).jpeg

IMG_7247 (resized).jpegIMG_7247 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#11874 52 days ago

Ok so I have a BKSOR, and as you might know the topper for that game is amazing and I really want one for mine, and I tell the wife we both know that game isn’t going anywhere… so then my instant thought was TNA. I’m never selling it, why doesn’t somebody make a crazy interactive topper for it? Or have I somehow never seen it? Or even some panels like Scooby do has, that fits around the beacon and gives it a back drop so to speak? Like a 8x8inch piece on each side then a 20x12 inch piece that went behind it?

1 week later
#11916 40 days ago

+1. I just hit my 1 year mark a couple months ago and did a similar write up. First NIB game, 0 issues. I was only into pinball for 1 month and only played a Bally lost world when I played my first newer type game and it was a TNA. Called them on my way home and they had 2 in stock. I’ve had 38 since then, and TNA is not going anywhere.

2 weeks later
#11932 24 days ago

If you just want that spot welded, take it to an exhaust shop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kolk1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=kolk1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.