(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6041 4 years ago

Hey guys, I've been noticing a problem with the lights in attract mode where a handful of lights are not displaying the right colors.

This usually occurs after about a dozen games and it carries over from attract mode into a game. I've traced those bulbs back to their boards under the playfield and wiggled and occasionally that has helped. A couple of those connectors weren't seated all the way, so I removed the glue and reseated them, but that didn't resolve anything. Rebooting the game is the only thing that consistently resolves the issue, although it is only temporary.

The bulbs that are lit up in the first photo are the usual suspects, although it can seem more random at times. I'll see if I can post a gif if that helps.

I am also running 1.3

It's not that big of a deal, I just love the light show so much!

Screenshot_20191120-091025 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191120-091025 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191120-101003 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191120-101003 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191120-101026 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191120-101026 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191120-101050 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191120-101050 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191120-111338 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191120-111338 (resized).png
#6044 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Not sure if it's the same deal, bit I had a couple of g.i. bulbs that were more "yellowish" and wiggled and reseated the same way. I ended up ordering a few new bulbs from pinball life and it turns out those bulbs were bad. No problems since. I was so relieved.

I've done an all lamp test and they all test fine. Although I haven't run a test when they are misbehaving.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

Your ball save count down go out of whack too.

Yeah, the problem seems to effect almost every group of LED's. Not every bulb, but usually the same ones.

#6046 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

That is most likely a connection problem with one of the gray serial cables that run from the P3-ROC in the head to the light boards on the playfield. Check that all the 3 pin (gray shielded) cables are all plugged in tightly on the P3-ROC in the head and then follow them to the playfield to be sure. The reason a restart is fixing this is because it is re-syncing the serial data. If it has a flaky connection while the game is operating, it can cause these LEDs to get out of sync, but it is very rare. I think I have only ever seen this once before, and it was on my game and I was hot swapping cables.
--Scott

Thanks Scott, I'll take a look.

5 months later
#6708 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anyone else having problems with the shooter gauge mod? All of a sudden mine does the white-light sweep all the time, sometimes in green. Works fine with the pink when I pull back the plunger, but no matter how I tweak the tip of the shooter with the reflective material, it's always going. I thought I saw something recently where there was an improved one coming out?

When mine was doing the sweeping white all of the time, I noticed that the circuit board was moving back towards the player after several games. It wasn't moving very much, but I could tell that the first sensor was being blocked by the auto plunger just enough so that it was loosing track of the ball. So I would slide the board forward a bit and it would be fixed until it moved again. Once I found the right spot, I hot glued the board in place and I haven't had that problem since. I took some pics of how it is set up now.

Before I noticed my board was moving, I did try adjusting the shooter rod down a bit, by shimming the shooter rod plate, thinking the rod might not be in line with the sensors, but then the green sweep disappeared, or became really unreliable, so I put it back the way it was. I haven't messed with the rubber tip or the foil tape.

Once I got the sensors in the right place, forward to back, it's been pretty solid.

IMG_20200514_163321 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163321 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163333 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163333 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163534 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163534 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163448 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163448 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Hey guys anyone had an issue with lights sticking on a colour? I thought it was a one off but happened again recently, not sure if it is a hardware or code issue as happened both times ending a multiball. The lights stay lit the same colour no matter what happens in game until I turn it off and on again, once the machine reboots the lights are fine.
The lights not stuck all behave as normal.
[quoted image]

Sounds like the same issue I had about 6 months ago. First link is the issue I had, and the second link is Scott's solution. It's a little foggy, but I'm pretty sure I reseated the cables in the head that Scott mentioned and that resolved the issue for me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/121#post-5314527

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/121#post-5315657

2 months later
#7058 3 years ago

I had an idea last night for a gameplay feature that I have no idea if it's possible, but it seemed fun and challenging. Basically, as the reactor heats up the flippers become weaker. So if the reactor doesn't reach critical, and the ball leaves the reactor, then the player will need to either complete the keypad for the reactor bonus to strengthen the flippers again (and maybe they become stronger as the keypad nears completion), or as the reactor timer winds down the flippers would regain strength?

I usually don't try and get the reactor bonus and that seemed like a good way to bring that into gameplay more. Maybe if the reactor becomes critical the flippers could become intermittently weak? I really like the idea of the machine becoming effected by the reactor being critical.

The name of the feature just popped in my head, "Radiation Sickness"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=killborn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.