(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joseph5185.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5267 4 years ago

LTG.

I'm assuming none of these can be found NIB at this point?

#5277 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

LTG.
I'm assuming none of these can be found NIB at this point?

I'll take that as a "no."

Thanks!

#5279 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

contact Chris at KingPin games. He may have had 1 left.
Outside of distributors having them, all are sold out.
Spooky says they 'may' make more in the future, but if we are honest, they have ACNC to make for the next 18 months, then likely Scott D #2, then ???
You get the idea...

Thanks. Appreciated!

#5283 4 years ago

Had a nice conversation with Chris, but I think the TNAs are long gone NIB.

There seem to be several going used in the 5s.

Not bad I think...

#5285 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's a fun pin. Worth chasing down if you've played it and enjoyed

It looks fun...and different but in a good way.

I have been meaning to check out some videos, but I did check out the SDTM review.

#5287 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's polar opposite of your Pirates. Have you ever played any solid states from the early 80s?
The challenge is introduced by setting it up hard, at least that's the case for me. Fun game. If you're just flipping and banging the ball around, you'll likely grow bored quick. But if you challenge yourself to take advantage of the rules and nuances to pump up your score, you'll love it.

I have. I went to a Pinball Museum in CA and played an extensive collection of pins throughout the decades. Yea, this definitely seems like a challenge, but I appreciate the simplicity of the playfield while at the same time it offers some pretty much never seen before stuff.

#5289 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You need to go buy one!

it's tempting...

I DEF want to watch some videos. I heard the sound on this thing is just unbelievable and I'm a big sound guy.

I'd like to play it before as well.

The price is NOT bad and I think it would go nicely as a third pin next to my JJP POTC and AFMr.

#5291 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Oh yeah - Sound is off the charts.
Here’s a little 15 sec video I shot when I first got it set up
https://twitter.com/theavwoofer/status/994321777605177345?s=21

Pretty awesome!

#5292 4 years ago

I reached out to an ad and have not yet heard a response...which is surprising.

After watching some of a gamplay video on KingPin (it's over 2 hours...), I have an understanding of what "hard mode" means. You can bet I wouldn't be starting at hard, at first, but it may be fun to challenge myself after getting better.

Despite having naturally fast reflexes, I'm not nearly as savvy or seasoned as some of you who have owned and played your own pins for years or decades...yet.

#5294 4 years ago

I have never used pinballmap.com, but it seems pretty legit.

I have found exactly one place in the Raleigh-Durham area that reportedly has a TNA.
Would be cool to check this place out and of course see this pin.

I just hope it's in a condition where I can actually enjoy it!

#5295 4 years ago

Okay. Seller responded.

It's been sold. =/

#5297 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There will be more.

For sure and there are. This would be my first used game if I go this route. Not that I'm all that concerned, but location is key because a lot of sellers tend to not want to ship. At least, the ad suggests.

#5305 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Killed reactor 5 for the first time. So close to starting 6. Bummed I didn’t get that extra ball. New GC is 2,873,675. I’ve got a ways to go but I’m getting closer! I really feel this game is making me a better player.

No doubt! I have never seen a faster game!

#5313 4 years ago

I’m sure some of you know already, but this sort of thing is happening on Pirates as well.

And probably many other games..

#5316 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I haven’t heard anything. Are you saying that other modern games are having issues with the star posts cutting into the play field?

Yes.

#5322 4 years ago

Was pretty impressive... haha

#5326 4 years ago

Looks like NO TNAs are currently up on the Marketplace...

Damn!

Does anyone use anything else other than ebay or CL?

#5333 4 years ago

The "problem" with a lot of these is pick up only.

Not very convenient.

#5350 4 years ago

Does anyone ever consider it being a concern when few games were made - such as this one - and you keep seeing them pop up for sale?

Probably not? I mean there could be a 1,000 reasons someone wants to sell something and I would assume it’s only because they want something else more.

#5356 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Nope, worrying about stuff like that is not worth anyone’s time in this short existence we all have . I buy games I like , that’s it .I don’t care what anyone else thinks of them , how many are for sale ,or what the market for them will be in the future .I really like this game and have no plans to ever sell it. I will admit that I am biased and this game was made to suit the type of game I enjoy to play and nailed it , but doesn’t change the fact that it is awesome. If you like this game and want to own one that is all that matters .

LOVE all that!

Yea. These aren’t investments. These are expensive toys that I want to play and blessed that I’m able to own.

#5359 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I have noted this as well and it kind of concerned me at first but I think there are a few reasons. The game is definitely unique and is not a journey pin, you do see most of what the pin offers in a very short period of time compared to some of the deeper games. Also, there was a bit of FOMO going on with this pin when the end of the run was announced which probably got a few people buying the machine that might have thought twice about it and passed if they didn't feel rushed to make a decision. Also, the game is hard and can be frustrating at times. This makes it a very tempting pin to move on from when the next new shiny is available.
Hell, I thought about selling mine to help fund a Pirates but then I realized that I've played the game every day since I've owned it. Objectively I think I like my BM66 more, I'm almost positive I'll own my BM66 well after I sell TNA but I simply play my TNA a lot more than my BM66 and I've owned it a month longer. I'm not any less thrilled to down reactors now than I was when I first got the game. I get just as angry when I have a bad run of games. In other words I'm definitely not bored. It's just intense pinball fun every game (maybe too intense sometimes).
I'll still probably sell my TNA at some point being that I only have a two pin collection and my whole plan was to rotate pins out somewhat fast over the next couple of years but I worry it will be a mistake. Also, even if I sell it and take the big NIB resale loss I'll feel like I got my money's worth out of it (about 1300 plays so far).
Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say don't worry about it It also will go great with a longer playing game like Pirates.

Sorry... FOMO?

#5361 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Sorry about that, Fear of Missing Out. Sort of like the Pirates situation -- it suddenly became much more desirable when the run was limited.

Ah. Gotcha

Yea this would be my 3rd pin with Pirates and AFMr. I think it would round out a 3 pin nicely (though I want WOZ).

And I think it would be cool that each machine is from a different company.

#5365 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I don't worry about stuff like that. It's just flat out the funnest game I've ever played. Some people get it, and a lot of people don't. I have also seen posts on here where people are looking for a TNA but can't find one.

I’m one of those people...but I may have something in the works..

=)

1 week later
#5382 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Not watching any videos of someone finishing game until I do it myself... so probably never

Would sorta take the fun out of it IMO.

Being told about a movie instead of watching it.
A book...
A game...

etc...

#5389 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

It just occurred to me that I have very few keepers-at-all-costs in my collection. Given the fact that the honeymoon period is way over with this game, and in a get together the other night at my house, it was the game that was played the most, it is now in the "untouchable" camp. All smiles with every press of the start button.
Great game.

How many games happen to be in your "untouchable" camp?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joseph5185.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=joseph5185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.