(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joey_bada_bing.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7174 3 years ago

Picked up Game #465 from a member on here. Thanks Chris! It’s a blast so far

B5101E5C-EDAB-49B8-82CA-48CAF454D2CC (resized).jpegB5101E5C-EDAB-49B8-82CA-48CAF454D2CC (resized).jpeg
#7178 3 years ago

What does everybody prefer? Blue GI for Multiball or Teal? I’m kind of digging the teal but blue looks great too with these green protectors!

#7179 3 years ago
Quoted from procks:

A couple minor things...
Does anyone else feel like they're going to destroy their machine when they push the playfield over the hump on the rails to lay it back down flat?
Does anyone else's ball save timer light up in random ways during attract mode?

Ya my timers kind of do a flicker during attract mode, looks to be intentional to me. Also yes, getting over the “hump” when pushing the playfield back in is just part of the deal

#7187 3 years ago

So I have an occasional issue. Sometimes drop target #2 won’t drop when triggering Multiball or even at the end of the game it will ball search several times before finally releasing the ball. Is this an Opto issue or coil issue ? Perhaps mechanical? Where should I start in my troubleshooting? This pin is fantastic BTW, the ultimate players pin.

#7196 3 years ago

To Those of you with this pin at home, do you have the replay/extra ball turned off so it’s just the extra Balls at reactor 3 and 6?

#7203 3 years ago

Nice C_n_C ! It was also my first pin and it keeps me coming back for more and more. JUST ONE MORE REACTOR! It’s like you’re always just one shot away and nearly every drain is your fault. It’s a high speed ass kicker but an incredibly fair pin with The outlane/center drain saves. Killer job Scott and Spooky. I’d also love to have a BK3, another brutally fun game that fights back! Good taste in games mate. Cheers

1 week later
#7233 3 years ago

Ok, time for new rubbers and cleaning. What’s everyone using to clean their spooky playfields? Is waxing the playfield for home use necessary ? What about cleaning the optos?

#7236 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

A couple days after buying the game from the original owner I noticed some post pooling. Spooky said they would send some washers. Unfortunately something like 5 plays later, I lost a sliver of art. I 3d printed my own washers from TPU material which is very similar to rubber and have played it that way for the past year. Spooky agreed to sell me a new PF at cost so that has been stored away until now. I recently decided to trade the game out and offered the new owner the PF swap as part of the deal.
It isn't for the faint of heart. The topside is super easy as you would expect. The bottom side is challenging with all of the LED light boards. Also the new PF did not come with the holes drilled out for the 10 or so T-nuts, so there is some drilling into the new shiny surface. You need to prepare your sphincter in advance.

This is just me, but wouldn’t it make more sense to just continue using the current playfield until it’s unplayable, knowing you have a minty one on hand? Just seems kinda wasteful to rip out a playfield because of a tiny little Art chip, but again to each’s own.

#7237 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Just joined the club (Hooorraaaaay) Very Excited to get this on location and welcome my little college town to the future!! Only playfield additions I did are a dimmed purple trough light and 2 color changers in both the scoops, frosted light-up drop targets might be next but that's it, this things amazingly awesome!!!

Cool! Btw, I noticed that the GI light near the right destroy target was green?

#7257 3 years ago

Drop target 2 won’t release the Ball from time to time. Is this a micro switch error? It finally released it after the 9th or 10th test or so

D3261B9D-37B5-487F-A2D6-A6A0814F4709 (resized).jpegD3261B9D-37B5-487F-A2D6-A6A0814F4709 (resized).jpeg
#7270 3 years ago

Added a Cliffy protector to my scoop and the fit and finish was spot on. Thanks Cliffy!

D25091D3-9256-4A85-A1A0-7C8ED89313BF (resized).jpegD25091D3-9256-4A85-A1A0-7C8ED89313BF (resized).jpeg
#7273 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Do you think it makes hitting it any harder or easier?

I think It may have made it slightly easier to hit, perhaps its slowing the ball down a tad? It definitely didn’t make it harder to hit

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Does that hang up on a slow roll from the reactor core to the scoop? Seems like it might need a cutout like the Tron one to prevent ball hangups, but I could be wrong.

It does hang up from time to time on a slow roll, yes. I need to figure this out because I’m wasting precious tilt warnings getting it free!

#7288 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Thanks for the help!
After replacing the switch with no effect, I closely examined everything. In the process of troubleshooting I replaced the drop target spring with a slightly stronger one and now it works flawlessly. I'm at 20 games with no drop issues and no errors. She's rock solid now.
One day I'll get my R&M. Love you games. Keep up the good work and thanks for making random strangers lives just a little bit better!

What did you use for a spring specifically ? I’m having the same issue

2 months later
#7560 3 years ago

Just put up my best score since I bought mine a couple months ago. Started reactor 7 and was so close to critical. I freakin love this pin!

E111ADC2-96B2-46BC-BA4C-B805D866A51C (resized).jpegE111ADC2-96B2-46BC-BA4C-B805D866A51C (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#7603 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Anyone got the lighted side rail mod? Does yours make a high pitch sound? I got a replacement but still having sound coming from the leds and a little disappointed and was wondering if I can try to do anything else to cut out the interference. The leds have a constant sound and it gets louder when I attach the rails.

Mine makes a high pitch sound as well

#7605 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I opened the inverter and the capacitor was disconnected/blown. They are sending me a replacement inverter and hopefully it takes care of the noise issue.
[quoted image]

Oh? Maybe I’ll have to tear into mine and see if it did the same. Keep us posted

3 weeks later
#7659 3 years ago

Hey guys, I have a switch acting funny. It’s the E rollover in the top CORE section. When I go into switch test mode it’s fine Everytime I roll a ball over it but during gameplay it registers intermittently/rarely at all. Thoughts ?

8 months later
#8148 2 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Yeah I know what you mean! I’m not sure if there’s a way to fix it so this doesn’t happen or not. It it’s simply getting stuck on the edge of the cliffy inside the reactor if traveling at low speed. I finally had enough and took it out. It was happening literally every single game.

I simply layered too small pieces of Mylar next the edge of the cliffy and on the playfield, creates a smooth transition and have not had an issue since

BF0FBDA2-DAC1-4AE0-B3E6-DBE15C01A3CC (resized).jpegBF0FBDA2-DAC1-4AE0-B3E6-DBE15C01A3CC (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#8543 1 year ago

TNA has a BOM that’s more than most people realize. The 3 drop targets , two scoops, a spinner, two gates, 5 slings, a pop bumper, etc. on the surface it seems stripped down but it’s really not. Two digital counters on the playfield, 3 flippers, every light insert is RGBw. When I lift the playfield on mine I’m always reminded that it’s got more going on than meets the eye. Real back-glass, shaker motor,a real knocker (at least in mine), killer sound system with a sub woofer chamber. It may not have wire forms and ramps everywhere but there’s a lot of mech in this game and people shouldn’t sell it short.

2 weeks later
#8564 1 year ago

My best game to date. Had reactor 9 started and up to 50 percent with multiball ready… so close

D3107326-65F4-4B4C-9DC6-51CF8512FAE8 (resized).jpegD3107326-65F4-4B4C-9DC6-51CF8512FAE8 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#10116 1 year ago

Anybody else with the hooked on pinball light up side rails have issues with theirs? Mine stopped working for some reason after a year or so of ownership (it came with the machine I purchased). There’s a momentary push button I found that I was unaware of? Any info on this?

1 month later
#10589 1 year ago

My TNA’s sound system has developed a crackly breaking up noise only when the reactor is critical. I can have the volume level set at any level and it doesn’t crackle but when the reactor is critical it goes nuts? Anybody?

1 week later
#10620 1 year ago
Quoted from supermoot:

It's likely the stereo input plug to the amp. noodle with it and search the thread for various fixes.

Thank you this fixed it. Now I have a new problem lol my speaker lights are two different shades of color…

#10622 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

That is just a loose connector or a wire might have pulled somewhere. Put the game in LED test and test the R, G, and B channels to see which one does not work. Then you can trace it back easier once you open the backbox.
--Scott

All connections are good, and most of the time the colors match when the game is red or blue etc but for whatever reason one of speaker lights is always more of a pink instead of purple when it’s at idle ?
F47F012E-3DF6-4A18-BBF2-423900DC69B0 (resized).jpegF47F012E-3DF6-4A18-BBF2-423900DC69B0 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#10996 11 months ago

All three of the slings in the core stopped firing ? The switches work but the coils don’t. Any thoughts as to where to look?

#10999 11 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

If more than those three coils are out check the fuse. If just those three are out check the wiring at the coils. The power wire could have broke off the lug on the first coil in the core slings or a previous coil that is on the same power wire.

Found it! It was the main power wire to the core flipper. Resoldered and back in business , thanks! I love this forum…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joey_bada_bing.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=joey_bada_bing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.