(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfesler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2488 5 years ago

What are people using for fanless supplies?

1 week later
#2600 5 years ago

I had to rush out and get these.

OGsPurple_2_1024x1024 (resized).jpgOGsPurple_2_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#3321 5 years ago

@herg, thanks for the LED diffuser!

1 week later
1 month later
#3481 5 years ago

Put a volt meter on the socket, see what it's outputting?

2 weeks later
#3580 5 years ago

If you're getting the speaker light kit, I recommend diffuser from Herg at LEDOCD. It really smooths out the lights.

1 month later
#3850 5 years ago

Anyone have to debug a TNA that won’t finish booting? Any pointers for me to try and get preliminary info for Spooky? No docs = no fun. , especially on a holiday week.

#3857 5 years ago

Yep. Just expecting on a holiday week minimal response; and once the holiday week is over, I’m back to 13 hour days with no reasonable hours in the off time. Just hoping to get as far as I can so that when they respond it’s useful. All I could really do is describe the state of lights on each board, since the monitor claims no signal.

Herg: Linux isn’t a problem for me, at least for ‘real PCs’. That said I could not see where the storage goes on this system.

#3859 5 years ago

Okay Christopher did get back. Guess they are working this week.

On the cpu board (the one with the hdmi cable) there is a small power button in the lower right corner under the barrel plug. Try pushing that.

This works. I’m not sure how this is different from a cold boot but I’m back in business; and it survives a power cycle too.

Here’s the button (my eye sight sucks, had to use the camera to see it. Don’t get old fellas). It pushes from the side.

C4C56EE5-55B7-4472-945D-A35EB4C93008 (resized).jpegC4C56EE5-55B7-4472-945D-A35EB4C93008 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#4202 5 years ago

Troutfarm

Power up then hit this, from the side.

8D154BE9-C9D9-4543-A04C-683BF7593FCA (resized).jpeg8D154BE9-C9D9-4543-A04C-683BF7593FCA (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#4452 5 years ago

The mystery spot should occasionally *take something away*. Just to screw with people. "Security walked by, reactor room locked". "Reactor cooled down".

Or perhaps "Never Gonna Give You Up" (and a music change..)

2 weeks later
#4596 5 years ago

@thenotrashcougar, it’d be neat to be able to not just expose these ideas, but make them downright easy. It depends on the framework you’re using and if it gets in the way or not. And since I don’ t know the framework, I’m obviously talking out my arse. But this is Pinside!

I’m imagining opening the coin door, going into the menu, and selecting “Scott’s Awesome Competition Modes”. In there are “1 reactor”, “3 reactor”, and whatever other awesome ideas come up. Selecting this, configures the difficulty, the reactor count, disables high scores and replays. And, most important, *doesn’t* save the configuration to storage. On reboot, the original operator settings would be restored. This would then stay an owner/operator-initiated thing, but perhaps expose these cool things on a much broader basis.

An *extension* of this idea would be to take any operator configuration, and store it as a saved configuration. Let people load that saved configuration temporarily, or set the boot mode to that configuration.

1 week later
#4668 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I will try this tomorrow.... Thank You!

Down by 1 from the default was enough for me. Any more than that, and it started to negative impact to the game.

2 months later
#5133 5 years ago

lol

4 months later
#5680 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I tried to use as many off the shelf parts that I could to make this easier.

You missed a chance on royalties for game specific parts!

4 weeks later
#5810 4 years ago

I found a place that does the neoprene washers, bulk. Armouredhobbit put them on today. She said quite a few of the star posts had to be replaced; the original material definitely was no bueno, as even star posts not taking impact were failing bad..

Here's what I found for the neoprene:

https://www.primal23industrial.com/34-OD-X-316-ID-X-116-Thickness--Endeavor-Series-Neoprene-Rubber-Washers_p_27.html
E75316116 3/4" OD X 3/16" ID X 1/16" Thickness - Endeavor Series Neoprene Rubber Washers

I bought a bag of 300 for $43.95 (plus $2.95 shipping). That should last me until the neoprene dries out...

For the LOCALS near me, I also have a ton of 3/4" OD x 5/16" ID x 1/16". The holes are bigger than they need to be. If you want some, grab some at the next gathering.

3 months later
#6190 4 years ago

That power supply noise is no joke. Easy enough to mod though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 210.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfesler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=jfesler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.