(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedi42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7951 2 years ago

Unexpected addition, but happy to be in the club now. Gotta say, it's simple, but I can't stop playing it. Now to deal with my OCD of it being smaller than my other pins.

20211003_101938 (resized).jpg20211003_101938 (resized).jpg
#7962 2 years ago

Limited space is my downfall...

Quoted from FatPanda:

You need more classic early SS games in your life.

#7979 2 years ago

Hard to tell from the picture, but I think mine is the same as yours.

Quoted from c818919taylor:

Will someone check the pop and see if the white cap is flush…? This TNA sticks up just a touch, like to know if that is normal.
No. There should not be a second run.
[quoted image][quoted image]

1634554857467606125808899020386 (resized).jpg1634554857467606125808899020386 (resized).jpg
#7992 2 years ago

Has anyone installed any mylar in front of the scoop for protection. Is it needed for home environment?

And I encourage anyone who hasn't dialed in the spinner to do so. I went from 5-6 spins per rip, to around 20. Well worth spending some time on. So satisfying.

#7995 2 years ago

What's the issue with the post?

Quoted from c818919taylor:

Considering the post on the right of the scoop seems to be worse than scoop wear...picking up a new playfield seemed/s the obvious choice. Take it from Spooky (Mr. Danesi Post #7989) the machine is worth rebuilding.

3 weeks later
#8150 2 years ago

I am in the same boat as you!

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hmm. That sounds unacceptable. Clearly! I'm discouraged. Here I am waiting dutifully for my own Cliffy and I may end up installing it and then taking it out soon after!

1 month later
#8248 2 years ago

Anybody have an issue with random resets? The odd time I will be playing a different game on a different plug (same circuit) and TNA will just restart when in attract mode. Did once in a game as well. I would say it has happened 4-5 times over 4 months. Thoughts?

#8251 2 years ago

Only once or twice during gameplay.

I will check connections. I wouldn't have thought a loose connection during attract though, as nothing is in motion.

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Make sure you are on the latest software. The game should not be resetting at all by itself. It could be that you have a loose connection to the display. Could be display power or the HDMI cable. Do it do it during gameplay as well?
--Scott

#8252 2 years ago

Game. It reloads the game software.

Quoted from northvibe:

Is the game resetting or is the screen resetting?

4 weeks later
#8306 2 years ago

Although I haven't had to switch any of the connectors,
I am quite capable and will likely switch them at some point. What I haven't heard anyone say is how to get the hot glue off. Does it just pull right off, or is there a trick?

Quoted from Zalandrys:

I’ve got my flippers down at 22, that seems to be the right balance for being able to hit the scoop without being too low. Coil solder looks good, power filter board solder looks good, I think my next step is to go through the rest of the machine and change out every IDC to Molex, because I feel like that can’t hurt.

7 months later
#8853 1 year ago

Any ideas when the updated code will be released? Since it is backwards compatible, I assume a lot if us current owners will be watching for it. Doesn't sound like a big difference, but might as well be current.

#8857 1 year ago

Thanks Scott. When I was playing the other day, I was wishing it (all games really) had 2vs1 and 3vs1. I expect most gameroom owners beat the crap out of their family and most visitors. Being able to be ganged up on would help keep these players interested. I know some games have this, and wondered why manufactures didn't do it for all games. But, I always assume coding is created with magic, and have no idea how hard these things are to code.

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

No clue as of yet. There is nothing super pressing in terms of bugs, but I did add a major Scorbit integration in version 1.4.2. I have some things I am working on in the code, but it is really nothing major. I tried to add another multiball, but abandoned it as it just muddied up the game.
--Scott

#8877 1 year ago

I had a Cliffy, but balls kept getting stuck on the lip of the Cliffy from the reactor area. Eventually took it off and have mylar as a protection there.

Quoted from zermeno68:

So... TNA does not come with a power ball? You have to buy it separately? If so, you need to buy 3 of them to replace original pinballs?
Lastly, does everyone add a Cliffy to the scoop? On location it was really beat up, but then again its on location.

#8878 1 year ago

I think one powerball may be sadistic...

Quoted from 27dnast:

It doesn’t. You only need 1 powerball. I guess if you’re sadistic, you could replace all of the balls… but I wouldn’t!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedi42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=jedi42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.