(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#934 6 years ago

I am super pumped to play TNA at INDISC this weekend, and hopely getting a bunch of footage of some of the best players in the world playing the game.

#1013 6 years ago

TNA did have one major malfunction at INDISC. It was strange. The flippers stopped responding regularly. Basically, not all presses would flip, it was enter times where 3 seconds would pass without a flip. Screen animations of mystery also had dropped to a horrible framerate. Seemed to resolve after a reboot. Anyone seen anything like this?

Other than this appears to be holding up well, and playing crazy hard.

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

This is most likely caused from a loose serial cable on the cabinet Switch board located on the inside left of the cabinet. This could also be a bug in the software which I fixed in v1.0.7, which is unfortunately not out yet. Soon! you guys will not be disappointed

Ok, second problem. Display went to somewhat random letters in a game. Might be night after game to also display score on screen.

Guessing loose connection. But it is unfortunate in a tournament setting.

#1045 6 years ago

Oh no! I can definitely add score support for the LCD after the game is over in the next version for worst case scenarios like this. I wish I could see what happened to that display. I take it that it cleared up?

I have a blurry cell video I can upload when I get back home next week, but I think Jim said they were recording all day and will share footage with you after the tournament.

After reboot the display came back. Unfortunately, it did the scrolling '8' attract instead of showing last score.

#1052 6 years ago

One more suggestion based on finals today. There was a danger through. It would be nice if the odds of that were low. Presumably not counting dangers in the shooter lane for a few seconds should stop this.

Now that I think about it, I think I danger throughed myself in a single player game.

1 month later
#1672 6 years ago

As my machine spends the weekend in the motor city, I thought I would start to get prepared for delivery.

Can anyone answer how easy it is to take the head off? Ideal would small number of wire to wire cables in a clean harness. Bad would be a large number of unkeyed cables going to random places in the backbox, needing to cut wire-ties, etc.

I guess I want to know if I need to warm up the label maker?

Ps. I hope I haven't already asked this. I feel like I did, but I think that was for Lexi.

#1730 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Can anyone answer how easy it is to take the head off?

I am officially in the club. #80 arrived today. Maybe the first intentional decapitation.

Unfortunately, not as easy as I hoped. Maybe I approached it wrong. Maybe I could have done it easier from below, but not easy from up top.

My biggest issues were:
- there was a loop running from one whole to another. I needed to remove 3 wires from their connectors. Again, maybe the loop could be broken from below, but this was not great. Otherwise needs a connector on those wires to break the loop.
- cable guides are all closed type. So I need to unscrew. Not a big deal, but ads time.
- some things looked like they should have been labeled but we're not. For example there is a nice legend for J11, J14, J15 (don't remember the other). But only one of them actually had the corresponding square.

Hopefully I took enough photos and labeled enough things to get it put back together tomorrow when I can get help moving it down.

IMG_20180228_165249 (resized).jpgIMG_20180228_165249 (resized).jpg

#1734 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Congrats! As somebody who has very narrow doors and does this for every game, how the heck did you get your WOZ in seeing as it's a widebody?

My issue is actually more height than width (but kind of a combination). I need to make a small turn, with the heads on I cannot. WOZ was actually great once I took the head off. And I took WOZ down in 3 for the weight. The rails on WOZ make it awesome to remove the playfield.

If you look closely, you can see the WOZ dent. It was attempted with head on

IMG_20180228_174145 (resized).jpgIMG_20180228_174145 (resized).jpg

#1736 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Hopefully I took enough photos and labeled enough things to get it put back together tomorrow when I can get help moving it down.

Putting it back together was not bad. Colour coding makes things clear, they are grouped. Nothing very confusing. I still need to cleanup the wires back into the cable guides.

#1738 6 years ago

Anyone else having trouble with right flipper hold not being able to always resisting the kick out of the left scope? It will start to flutter. There is no EOS, which is how this is normally handled. Will increasing the flipper strength help?

#1742 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Mine was doing this but the latest code seemed to resolve it. Have you installed the latest update?

Yes, I am on 1.1.0.02

#1775 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well I spoke too soon. My game did the wonky right flipper thing again. I'm not going to be able to do much more testing as the machine is going on route tomorrow. I'm sure I'll hear about it from my league players.

I ended up dropping the left scoop power. It moderately decreases the surprise of that eject, but I haven't had an issue since.

I didn't try playing with the hold strength, I guess I feared that those setting are not really well rested and might overheat the coil.

#1776 6 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar can you explain the tilt settings. There was denounce time, # warning and something like sensitivity (I don't remember the exact name). What is does that third setting do?

#1813 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Noticed recently the reactor display on the TNA we look after on location has some issues with the digits. Any known issues or fixes for this?

I have a few segments often not work. Support suggested reseating the cables. The cables are glued in, so push and wiggled then a bit and everything worked for a bit. Eventually, it I guess the vibration worked it out again. I think I need to reglue one of the ribbons, but I am having too much fun playing to be bothered.

#1814 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I have a few segments often not work

Let me be more clear. They illuminate when "all segment" effects are on (pulsing 88.), but not when displaying other digits.

#1863 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've also moved away from long playing games, and this one is definitely up there with brutal, fast, and short ball times. It makes progressing through the game that much more rewarding.

I am curious what data shows here. I have not owned the game long, but by audits I think it might have longest average ball time of any of my DMD.

With the relative ease of multiball, ball saves and the save lanes it seems to have a lot less brutally short games.

#1889 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Anyone else out there notice their beacon light making a loud grinding noise? Doesn’t seem right.

I really like the sound of the low rattle when the beacon is on. It adds a cool atmosphere to the reactor going critical. But I don't get that regular other noise you are getting every once per turn.

1 month later
#2516 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

My right flipper gives way a tad bit when taking a direct hit from the left scoop. If I leave the flipper up, the ball drops it about 1/4 - 1/2" before snapping back up into the up position.

Any ideas on adjustments? Settings? To keep that from happening?

There has also been a suggestion to change the return spring to these ones, unless your machine is newer and may already have updated return springs.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=774

1 month later
#3031 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Thanks. I must have cheated it because it seemed like 4-ball started almost instantly.

It is also common to get 4 balls in play, but only be in a 3-ball multiball by right outlane, ball save, Lazarus.

3 weeks later
#3173 5 years ago

I have dropped my playfield into the cabinet and the other day one of my friends was looking at an issue while I was busy and he dropped the playfield into the cabinet.

Why am I doing this? Is there anything that can be done to the rails to make this less common?

#3175 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Not sure what you mean, but it fell off the rails just while you lifted up the playfield?

As I transition from resting on the service rails, to bringing the playfield up to lean back I pulled it forward off the side rails. The motion was completely unconscious, done it hundreds of times of sterns. The force I am use to providing appartly is enough to jump the stops at the end of the side rails.

I thought I was unique until I saw an other very experienced pinball owner do the exact same thing.

2 weeks later
#3276 5 years ago

Nice to see Scott signing autographs and taking photos with fans at replayfx. I was tempted to go up and thank him for the game when I saw him eating dinner, but decided to leave him to his ramen.

#3306 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If you're talking about the Pinburgh TNA, it's because of the overhead camera & stream. As someone watching from home, I appreciated the extra light on all the stage games.

I wish I could get an honest answer on the impact of these on the streaming, but unfortunately with it being a sponsorship deal it would be perceived as biased regardless.

Those cameras they were using were no joke. Maybe the extra lighting help, but I also imagine they have pretty good low light quality.

Watching at pinburgh, some of the games the lighting looked inconsistent. Bright at the edges and gradient towards the middle, which seemed darker. But maybe this was better than without them.

They had them set on a very yellow light setting, so they were not super bright and washing things out. I talked to players that said they liked them in the finals.

2 months later
#3694 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The scenario in question is in a 4 player group, ball 1... Player 4s score goes glitchy suddenly. The group plays on, immediately on ball 2, player 1 score glitches out. Player 2 and 3 scores never glitch out. Nobody is really sure of player 1 or player 4 scores. Of course we can play to the end and see the scores on the main screen. But how do you gauge how you are playing compared to the unknown scores during the game ?! What would be a proper tournament ruling in this scenario be?

I would rule play on, knowing that the scores are recoverable when the game ends. The alternative is to have the player stop, drain their remaining balls and play compensation balls on a fresh game added to the score. As a player, I would rather keep my progress and stay in the live game (due to things like lock stealing).

1 month later
#3955 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please feel free to report his shenanigans. I would appreciate it.

Do you know if it is more effective to report as "fake account" or "pretending to be someone"

3 weeks later
#4358 5 years ago

I still think I should work on getting my RAD targets more sensitive, but "RAD targets not selected for Reactors 1-2" is a welcome addition.

1 week later
#4437 5 years ago

Where am I going to find 489 3.5 floppy disks?

2 weeks later
#4572 5 years ago

Anyone try "1 Reactor Battles" with your buddies yet?

That sounds fun. If only I had friends.

3 months later
#5281 4 years ago

After about 1 hour of play, my right flipper is starting to get weak. I haven't taken the assembly apart yet, but will soon. It feels early to need to do a rebuild or even to need to change out the coil sleeve. What are other people's experiences with time to rebuild?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=imharrow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.