(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iEatHands.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 6 years ago

I handed over a sum of dollarydoos and I'm in! No idea on my number somewhere between 0 and LIONMAN.

#43 6 years ago

Yea I hope Scott has some nice surprises in the code! I can't wait to see the whole package being played, hopefully Jack can get past reactor 2

3 months later
#439 6 years ago

KT just let me know mine is boxed up already! I've pimped mine with the lot, shaker, knocker, mirror blades, custom pingulp and pink sackrack. Hopefully the speaker lights are ready soon.

I wonder when they'll arrive over here? Exciting times!

1 month later
#844 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

These Cassettes will be at the Spooky and Double Danger booth at upcoming US shows.
--Scott

I'll be picking mine up at TPF!

#962 6 years ago

So Scott how are those speaker grills coming along?

#1107 6 years ago

Nice Sac Sack to go with your Sac Rack!

1 week later
#1217 6 years ago

The Total Nuclear Annihilation album just hit iTunes and Apple Music

https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/total-nuclear-annihilation/1339473590

1 week later
#1320 6 years ago

Wow what a game! Made the trip to Australia pretty well, it worked 99% out of the box. There was just one switch on the loop misbehaving.

Thanks Scott for creating the game and thanks Spooky for building it!

Looking forward to playing with the new 1.1 code!

Photo 6-2-18, 9 52 32 pm (resized).jpgPhoto 6-2-18, 9 52 32 pm (resized).jpg

#1392 6 years ago

What am I missing?! I’m trying to update to v1.0.6 after downloading the update file. Copied it to a USB thumb drive, booted the machine, inserted the USB into an empty slot behind the back glass and nothing. Tried booting with the USB already inserted, nothing. Tried inserting the USB while booting and nothing.

Is my USB thumb drive too big? 8GB. Wrong format? FAT32. Is it the wrong day of the week? Thursday. I kept the original file name tna-gamecode.pkg

Cheers!

#1413 6 years ago

Try a different USB stick. This seems to be the first issue I have seen with someone trying to update code.
Are you getting anything on the screen at all with the game booted and inserting the USB stick? If not, the USB stick is not being read at all. Try a different one. If it shows the Spooky logo and says that the settings and audits were backed up, that just means it could not find the pkg file.
--Scott

Cheers Scott the issue was the particular USB key, used a new one and it was fine.

#1419 6 years ago

Excellent! Glad to hear it was an easy fix. Now you just need to wait for the 1.1.0 code to drop. I wish the TNA software guy would hurry up.

I know right it's already been 87 days since the last code dropped!

2 weeks later
#1615 6 years ago

You know what you could do for a Tournament mode.. To stop player 1 having a whinge that they are at a disadvantage that no one can lock balls for them you could retain any locked balls from the last ball of the previous game rather than dumping them. Then they have the same odds of having a locked ball available to them that player 2 has.

Hey Scott a few questions though, when clearing a ball in the shooter lane why not open both orbit gates and let the ball go all the way round like a regular plunge? Also I haven't been able to find it but is there a setting to clear the balls from the trough? I've just been manually ejecting the balls pushing the trough eject coil myself.

A question for those with dudd RGB LEDs, I've heard some people are bringing them back to life with a soldering iron? I have a soldering iron and no idea what to do to try and bring them back to life, can someone give me a quick heads up what I should try to do with them to see whether I can get them working again? Which pin needs to be resoldered?

1 week later
#1753 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

BTW, I’ve noticed that occasionally either of the top gates are closed (indicated by the pink lights at the loop entrances) allowing you to access the reactor and build up its value even if the reactor is not active. How do you qualify this? Number of hits to pop or number of loops?

Not sure if I have the same thing happening, but initially it was just the left loop switch was pretty munted but it just happened again tonight I'll need to look at it again. Might want to have a look to see if they're working, may need to be re-adjusted.

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Not sure if I have the same thing happening, but initially it was just the left loop switch was pretty munted but it just happened again tonight I'll need to look at it again. Might want to have a look to see if they're working, may need to be re-adjusted.

#1799 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

On behalf of the staff at the restaurant/bar location where my TNA is at, I'd like to suggest perhaps a configuration to replace the giant bass drops at ball end with a really cool bonus meltdown sequence (still fast, but awesome) that might not be heard throughout the entire building due to the low frequencies.
The ball drops are great but everytime someone loses a ball you can hear it anywhere in the building, which is pretty disruptive in a publc venue that isn't just a barcade.

To give you some serious advice, you're just going to have to turn off the sub because that bass drop at the end of the ball kicks ass at any volume level! This is the thin knob on the amp closest to the coin door which controls the sub volume. Then maybe you can adjust a little more bass into the head speakers so it still sounds somewhat OK.. This will stop the booming bass at the end of the ball and scott doesn't need to adjust the game for one person.

#1802 6 years ago

This could work, but please be careful if you turn the bass up too high on the upper speakers as this can easily overdrive the amplifier if you do not know what you are doing. I posted a while back about how to properly adjust your amp if it gets screwy. But I still say officially, do not change your amp settings.
--Scott

Yea there should be a funny spooky warning sticker on the amp too that sub level adjustment knob is either off or T.N.A..!

1 month later
#2253 6 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Just unboxed #277 today and I was wondering if anyone else had an issue around the lockdown bar mechanism?
The latch does not go in all the way into the bar notches, the bar itself does not go down low enough to align with the sliding mechanism... the brass screw are all the way up so the sliding mech is at high as it seems to be able to go but it is still too low to slide in nicely. It is only missing like a smidge but enough so it does not lock all the way -_-
Could it be that the locking mech was screwed on the cabinet just a little low? anything else that can be adjusted?

I've got the same issue, I can't get it to latch easily but shuffling the latch back and forth seems to nudge the sliding mech up little by little until it just catches. No matter what adjustment I did I couldn't get it to work smoothly.

2 weeks later
#2394 5 years ago

Hey is there supposed to be a spacer between the sub and the speaker mesh? My sub has always seemed a little distorted and took a closer look tonight and the suspension is sitting right up against the speaker mesh, doesn't seem right to me?

1 week later
#2528 5 years ago

Wow is that using the panel you've linked to?

7 months later
#4335 5 years ago

I made a port and plug for the subwoofer. I've noticed a decent improvement in the sound with this upgrade. It should be tuned to around 40-45Hz.. I think..

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3309874

Next job is to seal the box.

#4337 5 years ago

Love this. Are you plugging 1 and putting the recessed port in the other?
--Scott

Yup, one hole gets plugged and the other gets ported.

#4349 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Photos of the install?

This shows the plug (front) and the port (rear).

Printed in black PLA at 2 perimeters, the port itself will print with 3 though (2 external and 1 internal)

I think it looks really neat.

C963575C-F832-434A-9B51-42584509574E (resized).jpegC963575C-F832-434A-9B51-42584509574E (resized).jpeg
#4361 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It looks great! ...but how does it sound?

Great! But again there are a couple more improvements to make, mainly fully sealing the enclosure. The port is just under 7cm total length and should tune the sub to 40-45Hz.

I also removed the screening from the speaker opening as the sub cone was sitting against it.

1 year later
#6859 3 years ago

Hey guys anyone had an issue with lights sticking on a colour? I thought it was a one off but happened again recently, not sure if it is a hardware or code issue as happened both times ending a multiball. The lights stay lit the same colour no matter what happens in game until I turn it off and on again, once the machine reboots the lights are fine.

The lights not stuck all behave as normal.

IMG_4006 (resized).jpgIMG_4006 (resized).jpg

3 months later
#7131 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Same thing I was thinking, because I have no clue.

magic.gifmagic.gif

2 years later
#9618 1 year ago

If anyone wants a score filter and has a 3D Printer I uploaded this a while ago

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4927475

TNA Score Filter (resized).pngTNA Score Filter (resized).png
10 months later
#11504 6 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Maybe I am crazy but I feel like my machine started lagging. For instance, the rollover lights change quickly when I use the flippers. But when the ball is in the upper playfield they change but not quickly. They lag. I also notice, lately, that the drop targets aren't popping up fast enough to catch the balls. Am I just thinking I see this, or has anyone heard of this?

You're not crazy, I've been getting this issue lately to the point the flippers stop responding to me pressing the flipper buttons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iEatHands.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=iEatHands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.