(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gonzo73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7128 3 years ago

#62 , finally checking in!
Scott, thanks for an amazing game, it makes me want to laugh and strangle it, all at once.
It was my first NIB, worked great out of the box. Waiting for my RM # 183, probably get it in the next week or so.

Congrats on two stunning games.

#7134 3 years ago

I had something a little similar, I would start a game, and the ball lock would engage, before I shot the ball. Or right after shooting. My tech replaced several optos in the lock mech, but never could figure witch one it was. He tried several times, and different ones. He fixed it. Haven't had any problems since. This was a year and a half ago on older code, so might not help.
Good luck Jon.

The Magazine is Brilliant by the way.

Message from the Freek Kingdom.

#7143 3 years ago

Nice cool night finally, opened the garage and had a friend over. Here's TNA next to its single level brother's and sisters. Fits in perfectly, TNA is simply a perfect pin.

Message from the mercifully cool freak Kingdom.

20200920_193202 (resized).jpg20200920_193202 (resized).jpg
#7157 3 years ago

Spooky " could " run more TNA's as its Scott's game and spookys, 550 were made I believe. I got #62 nib, but as a small family run company they have thier hands full making the 750 Rick and Morteys. It will take them to about the end of 2021 to finish the run. Then they will announce the Dave Van Ess game. Unless they need time to ramp up for the next new game, there is little chance they will have time to do a small run of TNA again. Unless they're is a demand from distributors and people calling Spooky directly, It seems doubtful TNA will get another run anytime soon.
I hope they run it again, it deserves another run of 200 or so, it's a brilliant game. Mines bolted to the floor.

An obvious Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

Unless your new and dont know.......
Then its a......
Well informed and insightful Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#7168 3 years ago

Oh man that sucks, sorry Maleko. I'll check mine when I get home Tuesday. I'm in socal too, so our weather is similar. Do you remember your game number? I'm #62.
Let's hope it's a one off, or short print run problem.
I haven't had to touch my back glass since the day I got it .

#7175 3 years ago

Those lit siderails look sharp, I might have break down an get them. Just dont like the idea of the wires trailing down into the cab and getting pinched.

Worry wort Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

1 year later
#8599 1 year ago

Spooky Cabinets are top notch quality, as good or better than anyone else.
TNA size fits like a glove, next to Xenon Paragon Firepower and Space Invaders

ec34529ea1b48a97e6bab7251e7ed434659fa070 (resized).jpgec34529ea1b48a97e6bab7251e7ed434659fa070 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8651 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I’m not convinced it will insta sell out…no licensed theme, economy is pretty rough right now and Halloween/Ultraman probably left some gun shy with spooky. This is obviously different since it’s a rerun. I am very curious to see how quickly it sells. I know this game has hard core fans, but it’s pretty obscure.

Hmmm obscure....?? Your posting on PINSIDE.
TNA is a Original Theme/story.
That's a plus, it's called Creativity.
With all the Failures in the Industry we've seen in the last 10 years, ...... TNA and Spooky are the best story in our Hobby.
It also has the Greatest Soundtract in Pinball.
Stunning Lightshow.
Intense one of a kind Gameplay, and the most hilarious 4 player, or Co-OP action.

I'll never sell my OG#62. its wonderful there will be more TNA in the world.
Cheers.

#8656 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

The simultaneous sting of being priced out of a new one and a used one at the same time
I was in for a new one at $7500, doesn't even look like that will cover a used original now, lol!
Love the game though, and I'll still be trying to find a way to get one in my collection...though it's likely to involve a 3-for-1 trade or something crazy like that.
Glad to see more in circulation, at very least! To those who are stepping up to own one of these: congrats!
Edit: I'll admit, I was probably being too optimistic they'd release it that cheap. Just hard watching the values on all these games shoot up so quickly though

I hear ya... Rick and Morty was my last NIB, and paying for the BSE edition was like pulling teeth, I can afford it, but I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to certain things.... like Pinball.

At this Point it's only a short list of Grail Themes that will get me to jump on a NIB.

Big Trouble in Little China
Escape from New York
Van Halen
BÖC
Motörhead
Blade Runner
The Thing

And it doesn't sound like any of these, or even more obscure Licences are gonna be made.

Guess I'm safe $$ wise, hunting for more 1978-1984 Solid States.

#8658 1 year ago

I orded mine pretty early on, I got #62, I think the only options were plastic protectors, coin box, shaker/knocker and mirror blades... mayby?
Was TNA the first Game with Butter option?

#8689 1 year ago

From what everyone has described about their TNA they have owned, and all the mods installed....
It sounds like mine is utterly unique! Mine is still Bone Stock, ... perfection!!! I did order factory installed plastic protectors and Shaker/knocker , but that's it.

One of one in the World ????

Though... the lighted side rails have tempted me.....

#8691 1 year ago

Signature !! Awesome, but..... that's a Mod! Mines still 1 of 1.
Haha.

#8693 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I added the lighted side rails a year or so later, do it. but no ghosts yet

I'm looking right at the Damn add for the lighted rail kit ! It pops up everytime.... tempting me...

#8695 1 year ago

Outstanding

#8782 1 year ago

Welcome to the Future ! Welcome to the Party.
Congrats everyone joining the club.

My TNA is still bone stock, and its perfect.... but I'm starting to jones over those lighted side rails....

#8790 1 year ago

How difficult is it to remove the Tna side rails, I worry about damaging stuff, I'm a 6 foot 7 clutz.

#8794 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Ya easy - a few screws on each rail, no two sided tape like the old B/W games. Think the longest part was me removing the hot glue around the flipper button retaining nut.

Thanks, yeah the idea of that awful two sided tape was a worry, good to know it's not lurking.

3 weeks later
#9024 1 year ago

Yes please.
We Vinyl freaks also need the full 12 inch LP Soundtract.

#9027 1 year ago

My guess is since Ultraman is almost done, TNA will take its place on the line ????

1 week later
#9124 1 year ago

I've only activated Reactor 5 once... maybe twice.
Never destroyed it.
The game is perfect in concept and execution.
I'll never get to Reactor 9, but #62 TNA will never leave my collection.

1 month later
#9450 1 year ago

On a sling that just keeps activating, turn off the machine take a pencil use the eraser end and press the switch back away from the rubber and hold it for 30 seconds or so, it's often a slightly misaligned switch, this method worked on my Alice Cooper, and other games.

It's a quick fix if it's only slightly miss aligned.

1 month later
#9716 1 year ago

I always manually Plunge the ball, as soon as a ball locks, my hand is sneaking over to the plunger, i don't even notice I'm doing it.

1 week later
#9826 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey everyone. I'm really on the fence about jumping in the water here. This game is very cool. But I'm reading about quality issues a lot on this thread.
How do you feel about your purchase? I have a Premium Godzilla and we all love it. Î was worth the price to me. What do you think? Any thoughts are appreciated.
PS- Congrats to all of you on such a cool purchase.

There's an OG TNA for sale in New Jersey, its cheaper... and you can always mod it as you please.

9 months later
#11460 6 months ago

Double check the playfield is seated, and jiggle the glass left and right.
I've had this happen on my OG TNA once or twice.
It's a little quirk of the game... mystery tightness.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gonzo73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=gonzo73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.