New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,463 posts
  • 535 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by xbmanx
  • Topic is favorited by 219 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200820_135134-1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
32399DF6-8CE6-4FF0-B254-4617E7F022D4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A3052C60-34F5-4FE2-9C31-149C42A47E04 (resized).jpeg
A17AF563-A3F7-450A-9303-073E5AD1642C (resized).jpeg
F3665F2D-E729-4408-8C14-C8ADF84E2563 (resized).jpeg
20201123_193853 (resized).jpg
20201122_115914 (resized).jpg
20201122_115713 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
3FA08089-8127-4A6C-927C-04A2F195B92E (resized).jpeg
FF3DF067-E644-4C16-89B3-E9F197BAD8CE (resized).jpeg
E34230B3-2E21-4A38-BE63-4588BC4DD029 (resized).jpeg
431882A7-1213-4E4B-A8B7-E9F5E4010865 (resized).jpeg
34FD30E1-9C96-4432-9E2E-6F3D4C173A02 (resized).jpeg
20201109_192448 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (3 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (3 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (3 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (3 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (2 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (2 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (2 years ago)

Post #1958 Beacon LED upgrade and suggestions with photos. Posted by NimblePin (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

271 posts in this topic match your search for posts by fatpanda. You are on page 1 of 2.
#67 3 years ago

I'm putting down a deposit today. Can't wait for this beast!

#70 3 years ago

We wanted to be in a later run, so it was kind of planned. I didn't expect it to go to run 3/4 so early (Awesome news for Spooky and Scott) and the Mrs didn't want to wait more than 6 months for our copy, so she was like "TAKE MY MONEY NOW!" I couldn't say no

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

luckily you will be able to play mine till yours arrives

I will be there!

#92 3 years ago

Are you talking about Jetsons or AC? I think they are going to build both Jetsons and TNA at the same time, but then when TNA sales start to slow down, they were going to start building AC.

#134 3 years ago

Comic-style panes to explain the story. mandraws where you at with the backstory??

2 weeks later
#183 3 years ago

Just throwing it out there, but the official TNA launch party is during the PBL Open House on Oct. 12/13. There will be three machines there: the whitewood, the proto, and the production model. My guess is that they are going to start shipping shortly after...but this is just pure speculation by me.

1 week later
#189 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Seems like they are getting ready to ramp up production, can't wait to see unboxing pictures!

Quoted from Crile1:

Can't wait until the club/owner's thread becomes the more populated area on the forum vs the development TNA thread.

I think we're all eagerly awaiting the first round of tables going out!

2 weeks later
#253 3 years ago

Life is good! Thanks for bringing this to Madison Hilton!

20171007_152053 (resized).jpg

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

I finally made the leap. Order #195! Getting close to that 200 mark. It came down to GB Prem, SW Prem and TNA. Wanted to get something a little different from my other Sterns (TWD, MET). Hopefully I made the right choice. Looks amazing!!!

You made the right choice.

Quoted from japespin:

Wow surprised we're not above 200 yet. Pretty sure that'll change in the next day or two after the Pinball Life party. Anyone know where we're at in line for actual shipped units? Other than whysnow and the one at York, I haven't seen any other unboxing pics yet.
The anticipation continues...

I think either during or after the Open House, they will announce shipments. Again, just my speculation, but it makes sense (to me in my own little head).

#275 3 years ago

Played it some more at the PBL open house. It was awesome playing the whitewood alongside the proto and the production machine. The whitewood definitely played slower, but was still brutal. Really can't wait to get mine!

#309 3 years ago

That would actually be pretty awesome! My daughter would love this.

#330 3 years ago

#6 was being packed up for AYCE Gogi in CA, and that "lots more in testing, they'll be rolling out faster next week." Glad they're posting updates!

#339 3 years ago

Love that you're taking care of your game, Scott!

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

THIS is one of the reasons I'm confident with TNA being my first NIB purchase. Can't wait...

Same here

#351 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Nice! Thanks for the video. Really hope factory mirror blades will be an option by the time you make #169

Another vote for the mirror blades! I would trade interior art for them. Make it happen Charlie!

#356 3 years ago

Congrats! Can't wait to see more deliveries!

1 week later
#381 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

looks like those pics were taken down for some reason.. Hopefully these will be available.

Do you mean the speaker covers? they are in the other big TNA thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/76#post-4058899

#384 3 years ago

There's always room! Congrats!

#396 3 years ago

Not sure it's a "DanesiSave" Definitely a filthy death save for sure.

Side note: the video quality was *top notch*

#397 3 years ago

Is there a way to get the backboard art, plus the side mirrors like you have in the pics?

#423 3 years ago

Just keeps getting better and better!

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Well, it's official. Deposit sent!
I'm in!!

Nice! did you get a number?

#445 3 years ago

If you put in now, i would guess probably March or April 2018. I'm hoping mine comes at the end of January, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's later than that. I am 163.

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are they up to 10 per week production? That’s awesome if so.

It doesn't seem like they are, which is ok, but we should be at 30s or 40s if they were I would think.

1 week later
#501 2 years ago

And dont forget the target decals that flashinstinct is selling!

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

thenotrashcougar Any thoughts around adding an option to randomize the Reactor music? I know im not the greatest player in the world and if I'm only getting to reactor 2 on average per game it might be cool to have the reactor music play randomly instead of hearing just the same two over and over.
What is everyone's thought on this?

"Play better!" Think of it as a new achievement when you hear a song you don't recognize

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've read that each reactor has its own music, so there would be nine tracts?

I believe each reactor has it's own track.

#547 2 years ago

It probably wont make any sound.

#570 2 years ago

I love the loud "snap" of a knocker! If you want to quiet it, a piece of thick felt, like for the bottom of chair or table legs, works well to quiet it a bit.

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

At #253 I'm curious at how long it's supposed to be before you get it? I'm now considering getting one at some point soon-ish.

It's not gonna come any sooner if you wait

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sorry to see you go. Good opportunity for someone to jump about two months worth of line.

That's what I was thinking, even though it looks like 150-200 will be pushed out to Spring at this point, which is still cool

#653 2 years ago

Cabinet height is the same as other machines. The backbox is smaller, so it will sit lower, but the front apron height is the same.

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

This is one of 6 butter cabinets we did for Rob Zombie... again, hard to get a great photo. We'll drag a TnA out in the parking lot when it's over 15 degrees out there.

One of the best cabinet side art in pinball, made extra delicious with butter!!!

#681 2 years ago

Instead of having a "number," can Spooky just move to the next person in line and having a running list of people? Setting up a spreadsheet to keep track of that wouldn't be too much to maintain. The buyer of the original deposit would still be responsible for selling their place, just that their place would move to the back after the sale takes place. Just my $.02.

#688 2 years ago

It's like, we care and stuff.

That's why you guys ROCK!

#736 2 years ago

Love the art on that! I would absolutely hang something like that on the wall.

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I just uploaded a beautiful wallpaper that Matt Andrews made for everyone featuring Scarlett from TNA. Check it out under the Misc section of tapinball.com. Hope you guys like it!
--Scott

Love his artwork! Thank you!

1 week later
#806 2 years ago

I'm think with people putting them on location, or with overseas orders, that they are slightly out of number order (someone with #80 putting it on location would have gotten theirs before #65, for example). With that being the case, going off of batch builds might be difficult.

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Urgh... I think I pass... :-/

Coudn't they offer a (slow & uninsured but) 'cheap' shipping method?

#851 2 years ago

What number are you?

#946 2 years ago

This is kinda borderline creepy. Not sure when the full creepiness will set in, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed

#951 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I have pictures of Scott's wife, but I didn't even want to go there.....oh wait.....never mind.

Wasn't there a post about pie???

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Nope. I must have posted pics to the other thread.

Looks great with the decals, the butter, the mirrors, the grills, now all you need are the side rail lights!

#984 2 years ago

OK guys, I just put up the new Accessory power supply for TNA up on the PBL website. Although this in not an official spooky sanctioned product, it will allow you to safely plug in mods to the game without touching the 12v or 5v supply on the game which reduces the risk of breaking something. It even has outputs that use the standard 3 pin Molex connectors that all modders are used to so you can plug in things like lit flipper buttons, etc. Please use responsibly.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4855

THAT is service ladies and gents.

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Just ordered a set. They better look good. I may be old but you only weigh 105 pounds. I think I could take you.

Don't blame me if you don't like them, but I think you will

#1009 2 years ago

I've never been a fan of pinstadium lights, but I agree with the nut pinch. To each their own I suppose.

#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

danger through? what does this term mean?

It means that player 1 makes a big move and receives a danger, double danger, or tilt and ends his ball, but as the game moves to player 2, the tilt bob is still moving enough so that player 2 gets a danger from player 1's big move, thus decreasing player 2's tilt warning down to one. (instead of they typical 2).

My Gorgar does this from ball to ball quite often, where I'll tilt on ball 1, but the tilt bob is still moving when the game goes into ball 2 and gives me a warning while the ball is still in the shooter lane.

#1110 2 years ago

You got a Roo sack!!!

1 week later
#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Scott, I'm just curious why you decided to drop the signature BEEP...BEEP down an octave in the new version of the song. Was there some technical reason? Or did you just like the way it sounded better?

Quoted from AndHart120:

That’s what I was curious about too. That and the multi drumbeat (or whatever you’d call it) during the opening track.

Quoted from Fytr:

Oh no! You can't go messing with the music man! I demand the original cut be an option in the settings!

Also wondering the same thing. I really enjoyed the high pitch of the BEEP! It adds a nice contrast to the bass and beat heavy song!

#1226 2 years ago

So if I buy the FLAC files from Scott, will I be able to import it to my Amazon account and play it from Alexa, stream them from my phone etc? I want to be able to support Scott the most, rather than buying the album from Amazon.

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

Do you currently have an Amazon Music Storage subscription? If not, it looks like those were retired a week ago or so and they aren't accepting new subscriptions. Additionally, Amazon's file format FAQ says "For these file types, only eligible files that match Amazon's catalog can be uploaded." about flac files. For ease of use, it is probably best to just purchase the album through Amazon.

Ok thanks! I might just have to buy it through Amazon then.

#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

I ordered the tape, but the USPS has lost it, so I am very happy to be streaming the music today. It makes dropping my daughter of at school seem much more epic.

Pinball Life usually ships priority. Tracking number should tell you where it is right?

#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Last night I went to town on making adjustments to the game. The stand-ups were really stiff right out of the box and without a strong, direct hit they wouldn't register. I adjusted those to where basically a slight tap will register and it made the game a lot easier - I made it to reactor 5 as soon as I put the game back together. I'm not sure if I prefer getting stuck around Reactor 2-3 due to losing balls trying to bash the destroy RAD standups or if I prefer them being easier to complete and making it farther into the game..
Could also be that I just had a really good game and the difficulty hasn't really changed much.

I don't think having to adjust switches to a bit higher sensitivity is unreasonable. I don't think I would adjust the keypad stand up targets to be hair-trigger-like, but a moderate hit should register it. I love playing with touchy pops and slings, so I'll probably do that to mine whenever I get it.

1 week later
#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

Wait until you see the 4k video going up to YouTube now 20GB for the last 30 minutes!

Link please?

#1312 2 years ago

We don't need more pinball. We need GOOD pinball. Scott is ensuring this game is rock solid on the software side, which is sorely missing from the hobby.

#1447 2 years ago

Software Guy has until Valentine's Day to drop the new code, or else the boss is gonna have his a$$

1 week later
#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Thanks for sharing, I had no idea that you felt that way.

I'll be honest, i had to read this about 4 times before i got it...

#1612 2 years ago

Leave the lock stealing Scott!!! I think the overwhelming majority want it kept in! Remember, this machine is YOUR vision, not tournament players. This game is selling because it's not like every other game coming off the line these days. It's selling because it's a game made with your vision, passion, and genius. I know you're a celebrity and all, these days but don't forget why you made this game!

#1631 2 years ago

Can you say the same about the Powerball in TZ? If player 1 went through all the trouble of lighting gumball multiple times, and shooting the right orbit multiple times, finally gets the Powerball and drains with 2 balls already in regular Multiball lock (making the Powerball the only ball in the trough after a drain) and player 2 walks up and plunges the powerball, would that not be considered the same? The argument would then be to remove the Powerball since player 2 can potentially benefit from it without doing any real work. This is why i dont play competitively, because it completely takes any fun out of the game. You worry about games being "unfair" instead of enjoying it, as it was meant to be.

#1721 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Trying to teach my fighting game players how to play TNA. I think they dig it, but none of them are pinball players, so it's hard to capture their interest.

I was a vid guy when I was a kid. Never looked twice at a pinball machine. Now all the vids I play are on consoles and emulators, and probably for about 1/10th the time I spend on pinball. I think a head-to-head style format would appeal to fighting game guys the most, since it appeals to the one-on-one aspect, as oppose to the player vs machine aspect.

#1725 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Head to head like Joust? Not sure what you mean.
You're right though, pinball is you vs the machine, fighting games are you vs the other player. Different appeals. Fighting games are pretty unique that way honestly.

Like 2 "identical" machines set up side-by-side, and it's essentially a race to reach or accomplish a goal first. For TNA, I would imagine blowing up X number of reactors (depending on player skill). This would be instead of playing for points and competing against other players that way.

2 weeks later
#1849 2 years ago

It's awesome seeing all these new members join the club! Can't wait to get mine. Hopefully in the next couple months!

#1857 2 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Any thoughts on general longevity for the casual player?
I've been drifting more and more away from the toy- and gimmick- filled games. And I generally don't like deep rulesets. Hated AC/DC for that reason.

If you don't like deep rulesets, this game is right up your alley. I've also moved away from long playing games, and this one is definitely up there with brutal, fast, and short ball times. It makes progressing through the game that much more rewarding.

#1860 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

TNA is more like video games from the 80s - no save points, you just have to push through in one sitting.

Also, now with Co-Op mode, it makes it even more like 80s video games. I'm thinking Contra

Just needs a cheat code for 30 lives SCOTT THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!

#1871 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Has anyone posted video of the lighted side rails? I really want to see that mod in action before I spend the money on it.

I don't think there is much "action." Either they're on or they're off.

#1893 2 years ago

I'm not a topper guy but that looks good

#1898 2 years ago

I think those guys are on the playfield and/or plastics.

#1900 2 years ago

Maybe they're the guys on the backglass with some artistic liberties?

matt-andrews-tnabackglassas (resized).jpg

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I got to play TNA at TPF. Fun game. I can't afford one. No money. No space. But maybe someday...... What I can't find is an answer to how many of these is Spooky going to produce? So...how many of these will be made?

unlimited production run, so if they are still getting orders, they will be making them.

#1943 2 years ago

Co-Op mode is really a genius idea. It works perfectly with the ones digit indicating the # of reactors blown up by player. It's always fun to rag on your friends

To expand on Vs. Co-Op mode, a Red VS Blue on the score displays would be awesome, to indicate the teams of 2. It's too bad they're not RGB, but the LCD screens could be changed to a split-screen display. Just another visual cue as to what mode you're playing in so there's no confusion.

1 week later
#2006 2 years ago

Hey man,
This would be very time consuming for me and really would not work out as nice as you think. There is complex sound logic having to do with my shooter lane groove and the BPM of each track. This is one of the reasons the bass drop after shooting the ball sounds so good, it is in time with the music and not just randomly started once the ball is launched. Sorry man.
--Scott

What?! You mean you can't change software to the whim of every pinsider?! GOOD DAY SIR. I SAID, GOOD DAY!

#2009 2 years ago

I've thrown suggestions and ideas out there too. I think it is really awesome to have someone even entertain those ideas, with a slight possibility of it implementing. At the same time, you are definitely at the helm, and I absolutely have zero expectations that it would get implemented. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you do your thing, because it is definitely a good thing. I was satisfied with it in the whitewood phase. To see what it has morphed into today is going above and beyond. The cherry on top. And to hear that there are still MORE things to come?! Mind = blown

#2034 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

...and you can set it to 10 balls per play.
40 balls ought to be enough to destroy 9 reactors.

One would think...but I'm pretty terrible, so add another zero and I might have a chance

#2089 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How often can you guys get action on the upper flipper when you get the ball into the upper play field? I played about 15 games on location and it seemed that less than 50% of the time could I get the ball over to the flipper and sometimes it would miss the scoop entirely when falling thru.
I also had a lot of rebounds from the reactor jackpot targets sdtm.
Other than those 2 things, the game was addicting.

It's pinball. Those things happen. TNA never gives cheap drains, but is punishing for poorly made shots. That's part of the reason why we love this game.

#2131 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

There is a setting to change the sensitivity?

I think he was referring to increasing the coil power.

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Where is that adjustment?
It is dead which is why balls drain from the upper play field without an opportunity to flip them - even with a big nudge. Ruins the game, IMO.

Leaf switch adjustment. You have to take the plastic off, move the rubber out of the way, and adjust the rear contact blade so they are closer together. If you don't have a leaf adjuster tool, a thin flat blade screwdriver works. Usually 1/8" gap is tight enough for super sensitive switches without phantom hits from playfield vibrations.

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.
Unfortunately this one is on location but I will mention it next time I am there.

Gotcha. Definitely worth mentioning.

#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Regarding the time run idea, I would love to see a time-attack style mode where you have unlimited balls and the goal is to destroy all nine reactors in the shortest time... each ball you lose gives you like a 10 second penalty maybe? I’m so stoked on the game as-is that anything else would be gravy at this point

I could see games going for hours for us folk that aren't any good

Maybe have a time limit for each reactor. Reactor one is 10 minutes, reactor 2 is 8 minutes, reactor 3 is 6 minutes, etc. Any leftover time after completing a reactor gets added to the next, like a survival mode.

#2161 2 years ago

Yes, please post a How-to!

#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

It just happened again on the same side bumper. Basically it gets kicked back and forth and gets enough power to drill into it and lock.
It has a thick rubber band around the whole kicker. Which one would I buy to hopefully fix it?

You can also try to turn the sling power down. I believe that is an option.

#2233 2 years ago

Playing co-op vs playing competitively really changes the dynamic of playing the game. It is literally a game changer. Innovation baby!

Scott Danesi is awesome!

#2237 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think what Scott is doing thinking outside of the normal box much like Safecracker is different from other pins, it puts TNA in a great position as something different in a collection of mostly same games for me because I have all modern pins of the last 10-16 years.
Plus it gives a different twist on the way you play.
Just hope it’s easy to figure out how to start what type of game. I’m hoping maybe this will get my wife or kids interested in pinball.

Basically, you credit up, then when you press Start, you hold it until it says Co-Op mode. Then from what I understand, if you press Start and hold it again, it'll change it to Co-Op Vs. mode (P1,P3 vs P2,P4) and you can add the rest of the players. I've not done Co-Op Vs Mode yet, but I'm sure it's just as fun!

#2241 2 years ago

Maybe Scott can program in an selection screen for modes? Credit up, use flippers and start button to select mode, depending on how many credits are added, you can only select certain modes (unavailable modes would be grayed out). Would make it easy for the user. Can be done 8-bit style. Megaman start screen comes to mind

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Co-op mode is such an awesome idea. My wife enjoys pinball but she's never going to play as much as me so there's no point really in competing, but working together to beat our co-op high scores? That would be a huge hit in our house. Man, if I could get one of these in a couple of months I'd have purchased it already. It's such a great game, basically pinball boiled down to it's essence (or something like that, maybe?).

Get in line now. Sell your TAF. Get a cheaper machine (early SS) to hold you over. Hone your skills in said early SS, before you know it, your TNA will be ready, and you'll be a pro on newly acquired TNA. BOOM!!!(bookaboombookaBEEP!)

#2304 2 years ago

Are we talking about waiting again?

#2309 2 years ago

Beer + Pinball = AWESOME!

#2317 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I like the coordinated colour.
Need to get Phil @ PH to offer this as an option! Or let us deal direct with Spooky for adding during the build.

You can contact KT to get your speaker lights added (from what I've seen).

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Any suggestions on where to find the latest software update? Can't seem to find it on Spooky's website.

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783

2 weeks later
#2462 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great maybe you can walk me through the fan swap!
What do you think of the sound system?

onthesnap kind of did a "how-to" a few posts back. Doesn't seem any more difficult than any other pin repair. If you are comfortable working on your games, it should be easy as pie

#2535 2 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

So when I get my TNA, I need to replace the loud power supply, fix the loud light AND replace the display? wtf.

Quoted from bitpatrol:

Ok, so why are other replacing them? fun?

It all works out of the box. People replace them for personal preference. You can enjoy the game 100% without them. Think of them as installing mods, as opposed to replacing them because they won't work otherwise. Completely optional.

#2539 2 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

There are mods and fixes, and the loud power supply, loud light and now 'washed out' lcd are fixes to me. I see I'll get roasted if I bring up anything negative so I'll keep my comments to myself, but I have a weird gut feeling about this.

I'll politely disagree. Fixes imply that something is not operational and needs to be corrected. The machine plays out of the box. These are all things that people are choosing to do because they don't want to hear the loud fan, don't want to hear the beacon motor, or have difficulty seeing due to viewing angle. Doesn't mean they don't work.

I have a perfectly functional garbage disposal. It's loud but does the job and can certainly be used. However, when I replace my countertops, I'm going to change out the sink and the garbage disposal, because my new garbage disposal will be much quieter. True story.

1 week later
#2651 2 years ago

I'm going to be ordering mirror blades soon. Do I need to order some spare LEDs (inserts, GI, or both?) to have on-hand or has Spooky been shipping with some spares?

#2653 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

There were 5 spare LED kits inside my TNA which I received this month.

GI or inserts or both?

#2655 2 years ago

Thank you! So it doesn't sound like I need to order any extra for now.

#2673 2 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

My game plays great right out of the box. Only issue I have is when I crank it to 11 my wife complains because it rattles the floor upstairs. So if anyone has a fix/mod for the game or my wife, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Maybe try some anti-rattle tape on her. I would think taping her to a chair would work well.

#2686 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is it true that she is based off of his wife? Or was that just a joke?

Truth. They are some awesome people!

20180414_173501 (resized).jpg

20180414_173523 (resized).jpg

#2766 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

biggest noticeable difference ...
you can actually see the white balls against the black background.
would you consider posting another video using traditional pinballs in the identical lighting conditions? this would enable people to determine if using powerballs based on their color difference alone provides a benefit.

5e8 (resized).jpg

#2786 2 years ago

The wait is admittedly getting long. I'm all paid up, and ready to get the notice to pick up. #163 and I'm excited as all out, but it's just a tad frustrating at the same time. Keep at it Spooky! I'm trying to keep distracted with other machines but cant help but think about what I *could* be playing!

#2789 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Set it up right when you get it home and every game in your collection is going to feel a whooole lot slower!

Quoted from cooked71:

Let’s go glass half full here........think of this time as a kind of last ditch show of respect to the other games in your collection. Play all of them as much as possible before TNA arrives, because once it does you won’t be playing anything else.

Oh I know

I am thankful to have TWO on location near me (literally 10 minutes away, and 3 minutes apart from each other, both have great beer, but I really only go to one) We have gone out more recently to play it, but not nearly enough as I would like, and with two younger kids, it's hard to haul them out there to get our TNA fix. I think I've been pretty patient and supportive

#2791 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have a feeling that once your game arrives I will never see you again, lol.
Locked in the basement playing TNA all day everyday

You know it!

Nah, I'll still want to monkey around on something. I'm looking for another classic SS...*shakes head in shame* lol

#2793 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have plenty you can borrow if you find the room

I might take you up on that after you take TZ. I'm hoping to get my TNA mid-June, so timing-wise it might work out

1 week later
#2826 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I know this is a terrible rookie question, but I cannot find a good guide for this…what is the best way to adjust leaf switches. I see that a lot of people like to adjust them out of the box for ultra sensitivity. I would like to do that as well, but I don’t exactly know how to do it. I always end up fumbling around with the leaf switch tool until it feels okay.

it sounds like you have a leaf switch adjuster tool already like the one linked above?

If you do, insert the slot of the adjuster (whichever side is easiest) onto one of the blades of the switch. Then bend the blade with the tool. Sometimes I moved up and down the full length of the blade to keep the switch from getting kinks in it. If it is a stand up switch (like the RAD targets), then I like to tap the target and listen for the contacts touching, or if possible, visually see that the size of the gap is where I want it. For slings, you have to adjust the blade on the inside (away from the rubber), then re-install the rubber and tap it with your finger to ensure that there is the right amount of gap. Sometimes you over-adjust and make it so the switch is always closed (which is what you want to avoid). I try to shoot for 1/8" gap. If you do it too close, the switch might register just from vibrations from the game. You don't want that. For pops, I like them ultra-sensitive.

Hope that helps.

#2830 2 years ago

Yeah, that doesn't look good, and I would be mildly disappointed with that coming out of the box. Thankfully, it can be cleaned and it isn't the rail itself (which was my first impression).

#2869 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

This is giving me pause. I hope spooky addresses some of these issues.

These aren't major enough issues that can't be take care of at home. Though a little disappointing, it can all be taken care of without too much hassle. Unlike splitting cabinets, ghosting inserts, and cracked clear coat. In the general scheme of things, it minor stuff.

Plus Spooky is known to take care of these types of things.

Thanks for the heads up on the lockdown bar issue.

1 week later
#2978 2 years ago

Officially in the club! #163 picked up today for those keeping track

We also got a special playfield

20180616_185213 (resized).jpg20180616_190414 (resized).jpg20180616_205100 (resized).jpg
#2982 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yup, appears so
"After soldering about 1 million smaller things, Squirrel has been promoted to playfield wiring... great job Squirrel!"

This was the post I was thinking of. That must have been our playfield in that pic.

#2999 2 years ago

Lol... I didn't know it was yours until after you posted or I would have mentioned in person.

We feel like we won the lottery with that PF! It's a piece of Spooky history and we are honored to be a part of that!

#3000 2 years ago

I also need to add that flashinstinct decal set really polish off this already fine machine. Definitely a must have. Shaker is installed and really adds to the effect of the reactor overloading, also a must have imo. The screen is fine for me standing at 5'8" and with adjustments to gamma, contrast, and brightness. I did order a new power supply fan as the pitch of the noise resonates up through the stairwell in my basement and we can hear it in the main floor. At $6.XX, with a clip coupon on Amazon and reports of it reducing sound about 80% it was a no-brainer. I've put in probably about 40ish games the last 2 days, and I just keep wanting to play and play. It never gets old!

Kudos again to Spooky and thenotrashcougar for making this amazing pinball experience!

#3002 2 years ago

For those that replaced the PSU fan, I'm trying to do mine, but it's not working. Also bought the Vantec fan linked earlier. I assumed you attach red-red and black-black (clip the yellow wire) then button it all up?

I've done that and it isn't working

Any thoughts on what I might've done wrong?

#3003 2 years ago

Reinstalled the old fan and it works. Thankfully I left about 2 inches of wiring left on the old fan so that I could resolve it back together. Do you think I have a faulty fan?

What's funny is that the original fan is quieter now

#3005 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You did it right, sounds like a bad fan or maybe something was inadvertently lodged in it. You can test it with a 9V battery.

I'll try to test it with 9v battery. I'll try another once since I don't think Amazon will take it back since all the wires are cut up. Bummer!

#3006 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You did it right, sounds like a bad fan or maybe something was inadvertently lodged in it. You can test it with a 9V battery.

So I went to look for a 9v battery. Didn't have one. Saw a pack of D batteries and decided it was worth a shot. Took out the fan, tried it, no go. Inspected the fan a bit more, tried to spin it by hand, it wasn't moving???

Looks like there was a chunk of plastic from the mold of the fan casing still attached to the inside (small white piece) preventing the fan blades from turning!

Clearly, these are NOT tested before they placed in the box (not that I expected them to be)

Reinstalled after chipping off the plastic with a screwdriver and it works!

So lesson of the day, always play with your mods before installing!

Also worth noting that the original fan is blowing TOWARDS the heat sink, which makes sense to me.

20180618_204637 (resized).jpg

#3008 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Ok. So you got it working... was it worth the effort?

tl;dr: yeah, it's worth the time.

It's certainly not hard to do. If I didn't run into issues, it would have been worth the time. It's mainly about 15 screws that have to come off between brackets, the casing, and the PCB board.

My original sound had a very loud hum, now looking back, was not normal. After uninstalling the old fan, and reinstalling it again, it quieted down to what I would consider a normal hum. It was noticeable with the game in attract mode, but not during play.

The new fan, once I got it working, is about 50% quieter then the original fan. It is hardly noticeable during attract mode, and not at all noticeable during play. I spent $6.XX on it, so cost-wise, yeah whatever. The time troubleshooting was painful, but like I said, if it was just plug-n-play, it would be worth it.

#3011 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wanna help me install one now that you have done it once already

Yeah man. I've taken the box off about a half dozen times now. i can probably do it in 30 minutes at this point Just let me know.

#3016 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Basically remove screws... solder wires... and you're good?
I have the fan sitting here... just haven't taken the time to work on it.

yeah, pretty simple. Unplug the machine. Loosen 3 screws in the back of the PSU where the Y terminals connect. Unplug the connector from the board on the back of the cabinet (2 black and 2 orange wires). Remove four 1/4" hex head screws that mount the PSU to the cabinet. you should be able to take the PSU to a bench to work on at this point. Remove 8 small phillips head screws that hold the case together (3 on each of the sides, two on top). One of them is hidden by a bracket, otherwise you don't have to remove the brackets at all.

Remove 5 or 6 screws holding the PCB to the housing. Slide the PCB away enough to make room to slide out the fan. Remove two screws holding the fan in place. Unplug the fan. On the new fan, clip off the yellow wire (you don't need it) and mate the old wire with the new wire (you'll need the old connector on the new fan). Red to red, black to black. Use heat shrink to insulate the wires after soldering. make sure the fan moves freely before installing! leave enough wire in case you need to reconnect the old fan for whatever reason.

Button back up and you should be good to go. I've reconnected the PSU without the casing on to visually see if the fan was working, but you should be able to hear it.

#3033 2 years ago

A powerball is definitely on my next parts order. And a knocker. Who doesn't love knockers?

#3038 2 years ago

Is 130 something plays since Saturday night bad? Mostly just me

#3039 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Does the impact of the shaker effect during nuclear meltdown (before you hit the meltdown shot) change depending on something? For example - sometimes it's very intense while other times it isn't but still shaking however I've had it shake louder after hitting some more targets....anyone know the rule for shaker intensity during gameplay?

Super spinners, pops, and critical reactor all have shaker effects. Blowing up a reactor has the most instense effect.

#3042 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed - but during critical reactor, it seems the effect can be weak and strong. Or are you guys always getting the same shaker effect for critical reactor everytime from start to finish?

During critical reactor, the shaker is constant if there's nothing else happening. It's possible that during critical reactor, you are triggering super spinners, or the pop bumper, which adds to the constant shake. At least that's what I experience.

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I played a 4 player co-op game, set to 5 balls, all by myself. 20 turns! I almost beat Reactor #8, and I felt like such a pro! LOL.

you would have gotten at least 8 extra balls on top of that...

#3051 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Is it really that hard not to ram forks into a box? Is it that hard not to tighten up straps across a box so hard it tears through the box and rubs the cabinet? Is it really that hard? Good work, FedEx.

Is that yours? Did you refuse shipment?

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

TNA next to a Flash Gordon and Paragon! Nice taste in pins you got there.

Thanks! Appreciate the notice! TBH, I've tried playing my other machines to not feel like I'm neglecting them....but I'm completely neglecting them right now lol

#3058 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's mine, and I wasn't there. My wife took the game, but filed a damage claim. The driver left before I could tell her to refuse it. I'm so pissed off.

Oh man...I would have been watching like a hawk and made sure I was there! i'm not sure what kind of recompense you can expect for it? I'm sorry you have to go through this right now.

2 weeks later
#3163 2 years ago

I put only 1 in mine, and it is definitely awesome! It changes the way you play due to whether or not you want to lock it or drain it while you have ball saver on, or throw it up in the reactor area, since it can do a ton of "damage" while it's up there. Definitely adds another dimension to the gameplay and a certain shift in strategy. I would think with 4, the entire experience would be a struggle and might take away the fun of having the 1 "random" powerballl. I definitely pay attention to where it is in the trough when I can. Plus at $25 from pinball life, it's a cheap upgrade.

#3178 2 years ago

The PF sits much like how Stern PFs sit. There is nothing that lock the rails into place, so when you pull the PF out, you have to take it easy. Pull with too much zeal, and you'll pull the PF right off.

If you're familiar with classic Ballys, the PFs sit, essentially, on wood cleats screwed to the inside of the cabinet. It's sorta the same. The comparison to modern Sterns is closer though. The stop that is there is sufficient if you're not whipping the PF out to service position. Just take it easy fellas.

1 week later
#3215 2 years ago

Crile considered selling his spot several times while waiting so I wasn't surprised that he was selling his game so soon. It's gonna be a loooong while before this game leaves my collection. Cant wait until Danesi #2 is announced.

#3221 2 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

They are probably moving slow intentionally because what business wants to make money.

Their orders are locked in (non-refundable deposit and if you want out, you have to find someone to replace you).

It takes time to hire and train. Charlie wants controlled growth.

What else can we say about their production that hasn't been said a billion times at this point. If you can't wait, then pay the premium to buy an earlier spot or a pre-existing machine. Quite simple.

What's Dutch or Heighway doing these days?

1 week later
#3288 2 years ago

I'm using the factory screen and have no issues with it at all. Only change it AFTER you've changed the settings and still decide it's not good enough for your preference.

1 week later
#3322 2 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

@herg, thanks for the LED diffuser!

Just ordered a set from him too. I'm usually not a speaker light guy, but this kit seems to be especially suited for this game. Cant be said for any other game really.

#3327 2 years ago

Probably a bit biased asking about TNA fun factor in the club thread

#3329 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

almost 12 months on route now and still holding strong. Heck, another hobby operator put a 2nd one just 2 blocks down the road and it did not even make a dent in the coin drop of mine.

2 reasons: 1st TNA is awesome, 2nd Alt Brew has delicious beer. Going there today after work actually! I'll be dropping a few coins in TNA even though I have one at home

#3346 2 years ago

I'm have trouble with my speaker light kit. The purple isn't showing up on one of the rings while the other does. Also when it turns red, only a few LEDs on the bottom light up. Has anyone else had did problem? Just doing the install today.

#3348 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm have trouble with my speaker light kit. The purple isn't showing up on one of the rings while the other does. Also when it turns red, only a few LEDs on the bottom light up. Has anyone else had did problem? Just doing the install today.

It's the red that's not coming through to make purple, as most of the reds dont light up...you can see the couple of lights that do work on the left
20180810_195328 (resized).jpg20180810_195330 (resized).jpg

20180810_195552 (resized).jpg
#3352 2 years ago

I got the speaker light to work. I massaged where it looks like you can cut the strip to size where the red wasnt lighting up. Works good so far!

1 week later
#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Doesn’t completing the grid also increase the reactor value.

Completing the grid when the reactor is ready to blow will grant you a reactor jackpot. As far as I know, the reactor value can be increased by hitting the slings in the reactor core, it can be automatically Maxed by completing "1,2,3" in order in the reactor core, and by multiplying with multiball (4x max multiplier).

Base point value of each reactor increases the further you get in, and it takes more hits to bring a reactor to critical the further you get in, in addition to only 1 orbit shot lit (that changes) to get into the reactor core starting with reactor 4.

My best is completing reactor 4. For those that think it's easy, I can just as easily list off the rules to get to (insert wizard mode here) and call it easy as well. Doing it is a different story!

1 week later
#3415 2 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yep
[quoted image]

What haven't you lit on the game? Oh wait...

#3441 2 years ago

I would play with the display settings first before changing the screen. I think it looks fine and doesn't warrant the extra $100 plus time to swap it out.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#3550 2 years ago

I'd rather have Torx screws than slotted screws...

1 week later
#3593 2 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Please explain your findings with the pinballs.
-Mike

I'm pretty sure I didn't use the balls that came with mine either. I had some super shiny ninja balls that I put in, with a new powerball. I put new balls with all games I bring into the house. Probably not necessary, but I have them, so why not?

1 week later
#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

One of these days I’ll get that Super Ramps award.

PM o-din I'm sure he's gotten it by now.

#3675 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Spooky's Session at Pinball Expo. Was fantastic...

Thanks for posting! I'll have to watch it later.

#3710 2 years ago

Those look bad. I have #163 with hundreds of games on it and don't have anything like that, neither at the scoop or the post. Mine looks like it came straight from the factory. Hope you can get it worked out. This might be a byproduct of trying to get games out the door too quickly.

1 week later
#3779 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

my red target next to scoop is hard to register a hit, is there any easy way to fix it? I'm not very handy but would appreciate a how to guide.

Try to press the target foam down several times. I did this for all my standup targets. It breaks it in a little bit.

#3784 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

You should go into switch test mode with the glass off and go around rolling a pinball into the switches to test how sensitive they are.
The switches themselves are just two pieces of metal with a gap. When the gap closes a switch is registered. You can bend the blades toward the playfield and away from the foam backing a bit. Then you just have to sure there is still a gap between the blades and you didn’t permanently close the switch. Bend the rear blade back a bit if needed.
Basically, don’t be afraid to bend stuff. It’s meant to bend and worst case scenario it’s replaceable. Would recommend making minor adjustments while taking breaks to retest in switch test mode.

If you do adjust switches, make sure the power is OFF.

#3795 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Said it before, but the co-op mode is great, my wife and kids are not pinball players but they all enjoy this pin with co-op so they don't get too overwhelmed as novice players. Simple rules, hit the scoop, hit the orbits etc..
I can't wait for my pinball night to see how this rolls with 4 players vs mode.

I had non-pinhead causal players (extended family) over this past weekend, and before I explained the rules to TNA, they were pretty lukewarm to it. Once I explained the simple concept and CoOP mode, they were having a blast with it. It was TNA and Dialed In most of the weekend.

My classic Ballys didn't get played much. TWD (my oldest pin) was unplayed for the most part, since they've played it plenty of times before, and XMLE got a decent amount of play too (XMLE, TNA, and DI were all new to them). But definitely DI and TNA were the most played machines this past weekend

#3797 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

sounds like it is time for me to take TWD off your hands. We do excellent trade in programs if you are interested.

I love it too much! I still play it a ton

2 weeks later
#3919 2 years ago

you can also do the ear plug mod. Where you cut an earplug in half longways and stick it into the top loop of the tilt vertical wire where it touches the hanger. TNA seems to be particularly sensitive with the tilt at times and for some reason the tilt bob does not stop swinging very quickly.
--Scott

Scott, there have been times where I make a big move, and can hear the tilt bob swinging and making contact, but don't get the warning at that moment, but after a time (time enough for it to settle), the tilt warning occurs. Is this something that happens via software where the game has delayed response to switch hits? I also notice that the slings sometimes don't fire immediately when the switch makes contact, but fires a split second after the ball has bounced off of it. A similar situation perhaps?

#3936 1 year ago
Quoted from Toads:

It happens so quick.
I was in destroy mode went into multiball to get that D target just couldn't hit it so dropped all the inline targets and went into the scoop.
Heard the game say target re generated and the target to hit had shifted to the destroy target.
Think that's how it happened

I believe there is a set time, where if you don't get the target, it'll move it for you. Very thoughtful by Scott!

BTW, the "D" target is a "D" target for sure!

#3939 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

actually I believe there is a setting where if you hit the wrong targets more than 20 or whatever times it changes the target.. I'd have to look again when I get home.

Quoted from aobrien5:

Its a number of target hits. Specifically to accommodate broken switches on location.
Edit: ack! Beaten by seconds!

Either way, it's pretty sweet that Scott thought of that.

#3991 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think adjusting it will help. It's not registering even when I take my finger and push it all the way in (the button the arrow is point to).

One possible suggestion, most micro switches audibly click when pressed. If it is not clicking, loosen the switch and actuate it by hand (machine OFF). When you can hear it clicking, then turn the machine back on and get back into test mode. Actuate it by hand again and listen for the sound the game makes to register a switch. I would verify that first before installing new switches.

#4112 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nope, they had a rig that was continuously launch the ball and it would come from all possible angles into the scoop.
My playfield on game number two still looks great after more than a year on route. Sounds like there was some sort of issue during the 300s? Which has since been fixed? Bummed for anyone that is having this happen and curious what was the issue, how fixed.
From my experience spooky pfs are the best I have seen. Seems like these handful of pfs are a blip?

I'm seeing a bit of paint loss under the top star post on the right sling on mine too #163. Just like the other poster, I'm not getting rid of mine anytime soon and have also ordered some washers linked above. Not worried about it at all.

#4115 1 year ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Just got a TNA yesterday and only had time to set it up and switch it on for 2 minutes. I saw that the reactor slings are not firing, even in coil test. Had no time to even look in the back box, but can anyone point me in the right direction to look? Fuse, connector, etc? Thanks!

I would go through and reseat the connectors and then check the switches.

#4150 1 year ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I'll go for it. Based on dimensions I think these clears would work as well: amazon.com link »

In case anyone was wondering, I installed these today and they fit the base of the star posts quite well. When you tighten it down, it squishes just enough to cover up any paint loss. I didnt take any pictures but I would recommend these under all of the star posts that see contact with the ball.

#4191 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I ordered a set of these. I like them, but man they are sticky, which worries me a bit. I will probably stay with the nylon washers.

I didnt think they were sticky at all. They are silicone, so if anything, they should be nonstick?

#4193 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I am probably being paranoid, but they are sticky to the touch. Maybe I'll just wipe them down or something.
[quoted image]

Clammy hands?

I think they should be ok. I'll check tomorrow to see if they're sticking to the pf at all.

#4234 1 year ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Does anyone get a lot of air balls with their game? Mine seems to get air balls every couple of games. My friend who is house sitting for me tried out TNA and just had one that threw the ball into the launch ramp but it landed on the wood separating them and dented it. It's not really a big deal, but I feel like stuff like that probably shouldn't be happening.
Edit: Actually it looks like it's a dent on the mirror. It may have already been there. Either way the airballs seems excessive in my setup.

I get airballs occasionally. It's likely due to coil power and how close everything is to the flippers. You can always lower coil power down if it's too excessive for you.

#4263 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I think that depends. Some folks on here believe the issue is from game play and the ball banging into the posts - which very well may be. It's my belief that my issue was caused solely by faulty mylar (or whatever they used) around the posts. In the process of it pealing up, it lifted the paint around 1 post. That is the only post I plan on putting a washer on and that is just to protect against it eroding any more even though the ball never appears to roll over it.
Look to see if you have any mylar left around the posts or if it's in the process of pealing or is completely gone. That may determine if you should put anything down in it.

My game had no mylar and I had some paint loss around the star posts on the lower playfield. As always, YMMV.

#4303 1 year ago
Quoted from MythMaker:

I agree with above. I can certainly abuse a game anytime, even if the game is turned off! I don't see the advantage here for the player to move the game while it is in the shooter lane. Honestly if anything they are likely to nudge the ball enough off the lane switch to start qualifying tilt warnings again anyways!!!
How did Stern and in the Past Williams / Bally deal with this same issue? I don't recall tilt through being an issue on modern games until TNA?

I had a ToM that would tilt through.

I did the ear plug mod to help with it. Gotta do it to TNA as well.

#4316 1 year ago
Quoted from callaway15:

I just got my TNA yesterday and got it set up. Pretty exciting. A few questions, though. This is my first pin, and I'm not sure if I'm securing the lock bar down properly. Is there a trick to reinstalling it? Should the yellow handle be pointed down when secured or off to the right?
Second, is it typical to have a lot of debris on a new game's playfield, and need to clean it? I did blow and wipe off a lot of saw dust/other particles, but still think I probably should clean it better. Perhaps use an espresso coffee grounds brush?
I also noticed after about 4 games, the shaker is quite strong. I did turn the setting to low, so hoping that will be a little less intense. I noticed around the 4th game, or when I turned the volume down, I started getting sound distortion from the backbox speakers. Is this just like a connection on the back of the lower backbox speaker panel, should I just remove and wiggle all the connections?
Thanks for the help.

Congrats! And great first choice!

#4323 1 year ago

A combination of both is fine. I had to "break in" the foam on my standup targets too and didnt have to adjust the switch blades. ymmv.

Speaking of which, does anyone have an issue with the slingshot switch blades coming outside of the rubber when its playing fast? I dont want to turn the coil power down since I like it playing fast, but when the blade comes outside of the rubber, it obviously wont fire then.

#4325 1 year ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Not seen that behavior on mine at all and it plays stupid-fast, as it should
I believe Scott has a note on the rubber ring list on his website that suggests moving down from 2.5” to 2.25” or 2”. Might try that. Spooky might also have some thoughts on the issue.

I do still have factory rubbers on my machine.

#4327 1 year ago
Quoted from callaway15:

I haven’t noticed this on mine yet. My lower right sling has shot some pretty strong air balls though, so I think I’ll adjust the power.
My destroy reactor red standup targets still aren’t registering well, and same with a couple other of the standups. I’ve worked on the foam twice now, but I’ll keep doing it to see if that does the trick. It does seem like the metal makes contact. How long did you have to do this?
I’ve gotten some clear chipping on the left inner lip of my left trough kickout. Just 43 games in. Is this common? Are there cliffeys or Mylar kits that I should get to protect the area and keep it from spreading?

The foam takes a some time to break in. I think I pressed them a dozen or so times, with games in between before they registered with a solid hit. It you want them more sensitive sooner, you'll have to adjust the switch blades.

If you go back a few pages, there are reports of playfield issues at the star posts and the scoop. I would go through them and look at the silicon washers that are linked and place them under the star posts.

I dont see any issues on my scoop, but did have some paint lift up at a few of the star posts. I also have some star posts breaking, so I'll have to order a handful to replace as needed.

#4341 1 year ago

Christmas code drop! Awesome!

#4344 1 year ago

It is beta code... Only for the brave.

This applies only to the beta code at the moment, but will be released just after 2019 starts up.
--Scott

Still awesome nonetheless! I may have to test it...but I'm dealing with Dialed In code issues (for my game at least) so I may not want to have 2 games "down" potentially

#4353 1 year ago

Sent you a couple reports thenotrashcougar

I'll try playing a few more games on it, but might be reverting back to 1.2.1 until it gets fixed. The game has frozen up twice in about a dozen games.

Thanks!

#4355 1 year ago

On the game side, I've been noticing that all of the star posts that I've installed the silicon washers on have started to break on me. I just replaced one that was chipping (to the right of the scoop) as I was installing the washers, but now I've noticed that most all of them are breaking in some way. I'll have to replace them, but was wondering if anyone else is seeing this after using the washers? I have about 1000 games on my machine, and haven't had any issues until I've installed the washers.

#4362 1 year ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I’ve been running the beta about a week and would love to know if anyone else is seeing random extra balls thrown into play now and then. I don’t recall this in 1.2.1 but I may be misremembering. Trying to pin down if it’s code or hardware. Error report is not showing any trough errors though.

I saw it too, but wasnt sure what is was, just like you. Has your game reset randomly during reactor overheat?

#4366 1 year ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Yeah, had 2 hard crashes with the ball in the core building criticality. Also had several more instances of additional balls getting kicked into play. Rolled back to 1.2.1 and no further problems. Something fishy in beta-Ville I think

Ok. Glad it wasnt just me!

Looks like I got some tracking down to do. I am going to pull the beta for now until I can figure out what is happening. Thanks guys!
--Scott

Thanks Scott!

#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Late reply here, but I checked mine and the posts seem fine. I did tighten mine down pretty damn tight so the washers squished past the bottom of the posts, maybe that is enough to protect them from blows?

I'll have to try that when I get the new posts. I didn't want to break anything else tightening touch, but I'll try that.

#4404 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I was thinking if you could add an option in co-op mode *not get extra balls* (not sure if it does). But it just seems redundant to me if you are playing a 6,9 or 12 ball game to have extra balls. Plus if they are given for destroying the third reactor you could have an extra ball if a player makes just one shot if it was all teed up for that player.
Note I am not sure if the extra balls rules are the same during co-op but to me it would make more sense just to eliminate all extra balls (or have option to disable extra balls when in co-op).
I love co-op mode but to me just seems like it would make more sense if one player just steps right in as soon as the prior player drains and not have the reward of extra balls since you already have a big advantage in number of balls played.

Im pretty sure there are no EBs awarded during Co-Op mode.