(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 6 years ago

Or not. Because it's a pinball machine.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I have to laugh at all the people fawning over the direct print cabinets when back in the 90's it was the STANDARD method - screenprinted art with spot (ie. bright, vibrant) colour inks. Now it's a high-cost option.
Sigh.

Old cabinets weren't clearcoated to protect the color/paint.

3 months later
#600 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

This bar near my place uses this thing called PayRange (https://www.payrange.com/) which is absolutely awesome. Basically you hold your phone near the game and swipe up to coin in.

Sacs and their rack aren't for buying in. They're for betting. Payrange allow for that? Everybody digitally transfer a dollar to some holding pen, then to the winner? No? Awww.

#615 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Pictures are deceiving!

The top of the head is shorter, not the height of the front of the game off the floor; due to the older style cabinet.

1 month later
#988 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just ordered the Accessory power supply for TNA. My machine is number 124. Have already gotten the mirror blades, shaker and target decals. I hope that my pin gets here soon!

What are you going to plug into the power adapter? Lighted flipper buttons? undercab lighting? some giant topper? blender? LEG LIGHT UPS?

#1010 6 years ago

There are no dark parts on TNA, and the add on lights would be really close to the deck because of how close the glass is. I don’t get it at all.

#1060 6 years ago

IMO the easy way to handle it is to just have the game sit for 5-10 seconds post bonus process if there was a recent danger or tilt, before moving on to the next player.

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

... or reset the tilt warning at end of bonus. This way there is no delay to the next player.

You gonna stop the bob from swinging on everyones game personally? Because if not, that thing is still swinging, and will activate on the new player if swinging hard enough.

1 month later
#1621 6 years ago

If you do add an option to prevent lock stealing for these grumps, I'd vote that you make it wipe out the locks - not remember them. Drain with 2 balls locked? Well you're going to have to lock them again next time. No virtual locks for you!

/still shouldn't add that option

2 months later
#2578 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How hard is it to remove the sub cover? Want to add leg light ups and need a way to get into the cab from underneath.

LEG LIGHT-UPS!!! Don't forget your DRINK LIGHT-UPS and your HINGE LIGHT-UPS!!

#2619 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Can we AT LEAST all agree that Pinstadiums help shed a little much-needed light on WOZ?
That game honestly needed a little additional GI lighting!

Quoted from 27dnast:

I installed it in woz and opted to take it out. Nothing wrong with the product... just depends on your own personal perception of impact.

Hush, you two. This isn't a pinstadium or woz thread. If you want to moan about those things, moan elsewhere.

#2627 5 years ago

Total Nuclear Anihilation: A rockin' good time pinball by Scott Danesi and Spooky pinball. It's awesome. A throwback style game with modern technology. Amazing sound and lighting ...

... that have nothing to do with pinstadium LED strips or Wizard of OZ.

#2636 5 years ago

Hold on while I post an add for my crap in a thread where it doesn't belong, while I acknowledge that it doesn't belong.

PEACE OUT

here's my contact info
buy my stuff

1 month later
#3141 5 years ago

Does this fit in the club? "The Armics" from TNA in Beat Saber

9 months later
#5048 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Why hasnt spooky come forward to say what the problem is/was that has been supposedly fixed?

Did Stern come forward and explain the ghosting problem? Or what about the cabinet corners coming apart? Or what about JJP with their chipping clear? You have details on all of those things?

#5050 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Does that make it right?

I wasn't trying to make a point about what's right and what isn't. Merely pointing out that no pinball manufacturer comes forward with details in cases of defects.

#5097 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

At least you aren’t too proud to kiss ass publicly. Good for you having no shame.

Right, because only negative feedback is valid feedback. People with good things to say must be full of crap.

#5102 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

3) The playfields are not given time to cure properly,

This is your assumption. No other Spooky game has had this problem, and all the PFs are made/handled/treated the same, so I think your assumption is wrong.

#5110 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So Stern sent me a completely new populated playfield to replace my ghostbusters one. A friend had their cabinet replaced.

Spooky isn't big enough to be able to absorb sending people populated playfields when all the parts on it are still fine. They're a small boutique company, with minuscule production numbers compared to something like Stern.

This is a maintenance bulletin about something you can do to prevent future issues with hardware; those are semi-common throughout pinball history. Not at all the same thing as a "why are your playfields ghosting" and the other major defects.

#5132 5 years ago

RunDMD clocks Are so basic.

#5140 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ve had this too, but I think it is actually the plumb bob swinging. It is super sensitive.

Earplug mod FTW

1 year later
#6863 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I see now what Scott means about holding off so as to impliment a friendly kit for the lit drops. The single RGBs aren't an easy simple screw in mount job.

Just gonna throw this out there -- on the janky R&M whitewood, I installed the drop LEDs with a 100% 'easy simple screw mount' - tiny rubber ring on the screw (all the R&M leds have these, not sure TNA does) - hold the LED board at a 45 degree angle behind the drop right next to the hole, drive the screw in on an angle. Done.

You really want a pretty good upward angle so the top of the drop isn't dark.

#6865 3 years ago

Doing my best here. Janky is a rats nest. Pics: Left Target from the center, Right target from the center, then left target from the outside edge. LEDs are off in the picture - the glow you see is GI from above the PF.

7BA84E42-A8A8-45C4-B3D7-AA279D0701D3 (resized).jpeg7BA84E42-A8A8-45C4-B3D7-AA279D0701D3 (resized).jpegAC31C551-91F1-4C87-A5F2-A8850C5499D1 (resized).jpegAC31C551-91F1-4C87-A5F2-A8850C5499D1 (resized).jpegE08E3D9E-E2AF-4F00-B650-E96D265BA712 (resized).jpegE08E3D9E-E2AF-4F00-B650-E96D265BA712 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#6995 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

But I do wonder why the shooter lane switch is necessary for the game to know if the ball made it out of the trough.....What are the trough switches for then. [description of how this person would do the logic]

In your scenario, if any of the trough switches aren’t working, you’re still headed for the same destination: Fucked. So you’ve still got a game brought down by a switch.

Anytime you have to assume where a ball went without being able to verify where the ball went, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.